Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Can someone give me a quick run-through on the basics of IV breeding?

I have a female Excadrill with perfect speed IV and a male Excadrill with decent attack IV. If I were to breed them together, what chance would I have of the offspring having the perfect speed IV and decent attack IV?

And I'm assuming synchronizers don't affect eggs? So I'd have to hope that it's adamant?

Anyone? :unsure:

Normally when you breed two Pokémon, the egg will get three IVs from the father and three from the mother, chosen at random. To pass on the IVs you want to pass on, you'll have to use the Power items that you can buy in the Battle Subway. In your case, the Power Anklet for speed and the Power Bracer for attack. Unfortunately, this means that you won't be able to influence the nature of the eggs. When you give either Pokémon you're breeding an Everstone, the eggs will have a 50% chance of matching the mother's nature.

It would help if you posted your team so far, and the kind of Pokémon you're looking for.

Cubchoo is mediocre at best. You seem to be very heavy on physical attackers. Joltik for SImisage would be a good start (especially since you can get the Thunderbolt TM as soon as you get Surf). You can get a Yamask in the top floors of the Relic Castle, which would probably be a good pick for the sixth slot.

The only reason I used cubchoo/beartic was for Iris. His speed is abysmal, his defense isn't that great, his attack is ok but not a good choice for general play. That low spd/def combo kills him. Once he hits beartic, his def does get a little better but still on the lower side. Iris seemed to have pokemon that were slower than he was though, which made a good advantage with him. I just captured an oddish in the pokemon dream world which I will replace him in my party though. Grass/posion is a good trade up I believe. Atleast for now while I don't have a better alternative.

Cubchoo is mediocre at best. You seem to be very heavy on physical attackers. Joltik for SImisage would be a good start (especially since you can get the Thunderbolt TM as soon as you get Surf). You can get a Yamask in the top floors of the Relic Castle, which would probably be a good pick for the sixth slot.

You could even save up for Thunder, assuming yours has compoundeyes as its ability. Once you get surf, you can find Mistralton Cave and get an Axew, too. Once it gets dragon dance, it destroys pretty much everything

Just found and caught a wild Tyranitar.

Yamask/coffigragus is cruddy at best. Sure, his def/spec.def may be good, but his movepool is severely limited/horrible, and against the e4, you'll need to invest a ton of spec.def ev's just to survive the n battle.

div>

I did way better in the Dream World today. A Tangela with Regenerator and an Exeggcute with Harvest. The latter should be a lot of fun to use, as I already have access to Lum berries on the save file it's on.

I really confused on how to rack up Dream Points.

But what I've been doing is just running through and playing minigames for 40-50 minutes, then send a Pokemon to Entralink, and spending the remaining time visiting other houses and watering berries. Gets a fair amount per day.

You don't need any FCs. They're separate from Dream World entirely, you just meet people randomly in Dream World and can add them as friends...which really doesn't make much sense since you can never actually talk or interact with them directly in Dream World.

I'm learning Pokesav, and it looks like I should have a team ready (all legal, naturally) in time for whatever tournament you're hosting. Thankfully Smogon is back too.

Weird. Exactly one year ago, infernape was tearing through ou, quagsire was an nu inferior lanturn, and blaziken was slitting its wrists in uu with venomoth. Oh, how the times have changed...

And exactly today, Smogon started loading for me again. :^_^:

Here's the breeding guide those who wanted it yesterday/before: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85699

Actually, most of those threats you mentioned were quite good last gen (apart from venomoth). Quagsire was the only 100% counter to Kyogre in ubers, and was better than Lanturn because of two immunities (one of them important: water) and better typing, being weak to Equake is never good. Blaziken was the best wallbreaker in UU aswell.

Also, don't diss 'Nape, he still tears through OU like it's his everyday business. It's bigest counters are the Lati Twins and Scarf Chomp. If only he learned Suckerpunch...

Recently I've been trying a team revolving around Zoroark. Scizor, 'Nape and Zoro confuse the heck out of people with u-turning and priority moves. They can realy make or break a game.

I'm learning Pokesav, and it looks like I should have a team ready (all legal, naturally) in time for whatever tournament you're hosting. Thankfully Smogon is back too.

I've heard good things about Pokegen, it's the same kind of thing but have heard it's better for whatever reason. PID generator looks a bit more indepth, at least.