Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

The best ability for Litwik is Shadow Tag. Since that one isn't available yet, Flash Fire. As for EVs, just focus everything on on speed and special attack.

Here's my current ingame team:

Samurott L73 (Torrent)

-Surf

-X-Scissor

-Ice Beam

-False Swipe (mainly for catching non Gen5 pokes I run into, suggestions on 4th move would be nice)

Hydreigon L64 (Levitate)

-Dragon Pulse

-Crunch (should I breed a Deino with Dark Pulse? This hydra is female so I'd just need a male arbok right?)

-Hyper Voice

-Fly (Designated flyer)

Chandelure L62 (Flame Body)

-Flamethrower

-Hex

-Shadow Ball

-Fire Blast

Conkeldurr L65 (Guts)

-Hammer Arm

-Poison Jab

-Earthquake

-Stone Edge

Eelektross L65 (Levitate)

-Thunderbolt

-Flamethrower

-Flash Cannon

-Grass Knot

Reuniclus L54 (Magic Guard)

-Psychic

-Psyshock

-Energy Ball

-Trick Room

I'd love some tips on movesets, purely ingame though, I'm not interested much in competitive play, although I might be interested in the Battle Subway, so a suggested team for that would be nice too. I have another DS with Platinum, and if I can find it, SoulSilver as well, so any tips on a Subway team would be nice ^^

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

As for your Chandelure, I'd swap out Fire Blast for Will-o-Wisp. It'll both cripple physical attackers and double the power of Hex. It might be worthwhile to rebreed your Conkeldurr for Drain Punch, which is one of the best fighting moves in the game now. Unfortunately Iron Fist isn't available for it yet. Eelektross makes a very good mixed attacker, so moves like Wild Charge and Crunch are also worth considering.

Oddly enough, the prevalence of Guts on Conkeldurr means that very few people will actually even bother setting up a status move on it. Substitute provides the rest of the protection. Iron Fist Conkeldurr has the most powerful SubPunch in the game. Still, I can certainly see the merits of Guts, especially when you have the prediction skills to reliably switch it in on a predicted T-Wave/WoW/Spore/etc..

Yeah but if the opponent figures the Conkeldurr is using Iron Fist then the game of bluff ends there, surely.

I tried a similar thing with heatproof Bronzong, not everyone figures it out unless they pay attention... Though it's considerably easier to notice when a burned Conklederp does less damage after you burn it; People might just avoid statusing it if they assume it's got Guts, so you'd just have to worry about switching in and luck.

Round 1

Orpheus vs. Riku3220

Necromagus vs. Mask

Demoli vs. PoorLepRecon

For convenience sake, please use the smogon server for these battles, as our rules should coincide with theirs. You are not required to choose wifi battle when challenging someone. Wifi battle shows each pokemon team to each player before the match. If a player does not wish to use wifi battle, they may choose to not select wifi battle in the challenge screen. All other rules are in the first post.

Rounds will be posted on the first page, if you ever lose track of where the current rounds matches are posted.

Please have these matches completed by or on Saturday May 7th.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

So will this be a round robin tournament? If so, I assume scores will matter?

So will this be a round robin tournament? If so, I assume scores will matter?

Knew I forgot something. A win gives you 2 points, and a loss gives you 1 point. I'll keep a tally on the first page as matches are reported in. Whoever has the highest total at the end is a winner. If there is a tie, a tiebreaker match between the two will be arranged.

That doesn't answer my question about scores though. Theoretically, everybody could end up with one win and one loss. However, if we use score (the amount of Pokémon a player has left after a win), that could make the three way tie easier to break.

That doesn't answer my question about scores though. Theoretically, everybody could end up with one win and one loss. However, if we use score (the amount of Pokémon a player has left after a win), that could make the three way tie easier to break.

If we end up with a 3 person or more tie, I'll just start another round robin with the remaining players until we have a winner.

Whenever you want Lep, just pm me when you're ready.

Just confirming this again, will this really be DW? 'cause BW OU is the smogon's standart tier and is the one with best balance. DW is so overcentralising. Plus, not every ability will be released, case and point, ALL Gen 5 DW abilities will be unaccessable until later games due to overworld spriters not exhisting (for most cases). Threats like Techniloom and Keldeo don't exhist either.

Just wondering about something which is really puzzling me, dragon claw seems to be more powerful than dragon pulse even though it is 10 more powerful, have tried it on numerous pokemon. is it because my haxorus has 222 attack and my sp. attack is only 75?

SUPER.gif

Just wondering about something which is really puzzling me, dragon claw seems to be more powerful than dragon pulse even though it is 10 more powerful, have tried it on numerous pokemon. is it because my haxorus has 222 attack and my sp. attack is only 75?

Yes. Dragon Claw is a physical move (effected by attack stat) whereas Dragon Pulse is a special move (effected by Sp. Atk stat).

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Oh, i forgot to add something on my last post, Smogon has statistics now!, so we officially now have the OU and UU tiers! If we go by gen 4's standart Ou usage, 3,41%, we now have an OU of 53, from Ferrothorn to Tornadus.

My thoughs on most of the OU tier:

[hide]

Rank | Pokemon | Usage | Percent

1 | Ferrothorn | 127997 | 21.3582

I've said from day 1 of Gen V this guy was the ebst all around poke. I've used him in every team I've built in Gen V and i don't regret it, he's such a boss. Also serves to the people who say "Stall is dead"

| 1 | Ferrothorn | 127997 | 21.3582 |

| 2 | Tyranitar | 124735 | 20.8139 |

| 3 | Scizor | 112589 | 18.7871 |

| 4 | Garchomp | 109670 | 18.3000 |

| 5 | Gliscor | 89599 | 14.9509 |

| 6 | Latios | 78471 | 13.0940 |

| 7 | Excadrill | 78095 | 13.0313 |

| 8 | Reuniclus | 76510 | 12.7668 |

Sandstorm teams

| 13 | Politoed | 61688 | 10.2935 |

I honestly thought this guy was top 10. Oh well, i guess the rain nerf was really big.

| 14 | Dragonite | 60079 | 10.0251 |

| 28 | Salamence | 34864 | 5.8176 |

Serves you right 'Mence, for getting outrage from a tutor and daring to surpass my 2nd favourite mon!

| 16 | Gengar | 57689 | 9.6263 |

| 20 | Starmie | 49991 | 8.3417 |

| 57 | Zapdos | 18764 | 3.1310 |

| 80 | Snorlax | 11936 | 1.9917 |

And the OU veterans are now down to 2. Poor snorlax, caught behind on the power creep and poor zapdos, Thundurus is just beter for sweeping. He might return to OU for his defensive sets. Gengar and Starmie still going strong!

| 24 | Blissey | 40940 | 6.8314 |

| 58 | Chansey | 18626 | 3.1080 |

What is this, i don't even...

| 35 | Swampert | 30888 | 5.1541 |

| 70 | Quagsire | 15230 | 2.5413 |

I just lost hope in mankind...

[/hide]

And i just noticed I use 5 guys from the top 10, 3 from the top 5.

Just confirming this again, will this really be DW? 'cause BW OU is the smogon's standart tier and is the one with best balance. DW is so overcentralising. Plus, not every ability will be released, case and point, ALL Gen 5 DW abilities will be unaccessable until later games due to overworld spriters not exhisting (for most cases). Threats like Techniloom and Keldeo don't exhist either.

Yes, this tournament is full DW.

Yes, this tournament is full DW.

Urg, ok, wanna do our match now?

In other news, I've dropped my Special Landoros on my team and decided to try a Mixed Hydreigon:

[hide]Hercules (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 140 Atk / 136 SAtk / 232 Spd

Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

- Fire Blast

- Outrage

- Draco Meteor

- Taunt

[/hide]

This guy eats so many faces it's unbelievable. sure, it gets walled to hell and back by Heatran, but not set's perfect right?

I'm personally surprised at Slowbro's, Shaymin's (all of the tiny legendaries for that matter), and even Dusknoir's usage. I kind of want to try UU just because spike stacking and Sub Punch Dusknoir sounds delicious. Sub Punch Dusknoir is such an under rated set: I've loved it ever since someone used it against me on PBR.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything