Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Demoli, I think I owe you a free subway item...recently built a sand-subway team using your landorus/tyrannitar/exca, got a winning streak of 320 (mind you, I also added a garchomp for doubles coverage).

div>

Garchomp has no counters.

Because nothing can [bleep]ing hit it.

Garchomp i not filled with counters... Specially Yache chomp. Unless you have a Scarfed Lati, a Ice Shard User or managed to sety up with a very fast mon, you just can't take him down. But the worst ones are the Sub-Sd sets. God i hate them so much. All it takes is one miss and they set up on you.

Honestly, i've had more trouble with him than with the latis at any time. He is definatly the next mon who should be banned.

Well, he was banned last gen due to this. And with this gen introducing few true 'counters' (those counters being whimsicott and kyurem), chances are he'll be out of ou soon.

Worst ones overall: the ss sub-sd abusers. They switch in after something brings inf. Sandstorm, set up a sub, then sd/sweep. And the evasion boost is truly annoying...

div>

The only thing you could say is that ss isn't as perenial now thanks to DrizzleToed and DroughtTales, though it's used more this gen, and Garchomp now has a second ability thanks to Dream World, even if it's garbage, making a legal Veil-less variety.

So maybe the ability will get banned but Chomp will stay?

Naw, even with rough skin, chomp is still uber-ish stat-wise. And ss is still pretty rampant/deadly, due to the fact that drizzletoed/droughttales stink offensively (wheras the 2 ss bringers: tyrannitar and hippo, have pretty good stats that enable them to be a threat too).

div>

Chomp (or any other mon) won't be banned for Sand Veil at least. It's unreal to ban so many mons who only have said ability (alongside Snow Cloak).

Now, being banned for such a bulk, speed and Atk, immun-ish to paralisis with a very, VERY big set of resistences and one immunity, giving him an edge by switching in and Setting up/hitting th switch in very hard. He can even go mixed. He also has dual STABs that hit neutral everything but steel types with levitate/flying secondary type. For those he can run Fire Fang or Fire Blast. The sand veil just pushes him over the hedge even mroe.

Not to mention the fact that sub makes him immortal. Whimsicott is his only true un-subbed counter. And if he gets a sub up, even whimsicott is doomed (whimmy being a counter due to priority stun-spore/seed/sub).

div>

Skarmory is a theoretical counter since Dragon/Ground has no 2x coverage on Steel/Flying but for those running Shed Skin over Lefties, I think a +2 (SD) Yache Chomp will 2HKO even with a physical defence spread on the bird. Lefties forces a 3HKO, Roost doesn't work while EQ is on the field for x2 damage. Skarmory itself can't do much against Chomp except Phaze and Spike.

So... no not really.

Erufuun isn't a counter. A counter is something that can come in at minimal risk and pose an immediate threat. Erufuun doesn't do that. It can't come in in an outrage, since it will get a huge chuink of it's health chipped away, and the best it can do is paralise. If you think of it, Chomp has no true counter apart from maybe, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe cloyster.

That being said, i feel like battling some Tifer, anyone ehre is up for some fights? Never mind, i have to go.

Finally opened dream world. I sent in an axew, planted five yache berries, caught a flame body pontya, and ended up with 110 points. That's what I should be doing right?

Also, [bleep] the befriend a pokemon game. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: asdfjkl;

Finally opened dream world. I sent in an axew, planted five yache berries, caught a flame body pontya, and ended up with 110 points. That's what I should be doing right?

Also, [bleep] the befriend a pokemon game. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: asdfjkl;

I swear to god that game is impossible. It lags like I'm trying to watch 9001 movies at once and the physics of the game are just terrible.

Looks like I will have to do without Magic Mirror Espeon...

Breeding a male one with a ditto doesn't pass on the DW ability does it?

Gah, i can't make a DW team now. There's too many things, one of them Keldeo, that should be banned and aren't. Plus, Smogon doesn't really moderate it. Wouldn't it be best if it was a standart BW OU match?

I've been playing with DW teams since I started on 5th gen OU and I haven't had a problem. Keldeo, in my experience, is extremely easy to kill. Genesect is the only big threat of the 3 unreleased pokemon.

Also, since DW has been released, I don't see the problem with using it now. If it hadn't been released, I would understand. But now that everyone can access it in the real games, there should be no problem with using in Pokemon online.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I beat the befriend a pokemon game yesterday with a bunch of pink orbs. So I'll meet espeon today in the dreamworld right? Also, how do you maximize points? I see vulpix and poliwag are avaiable now, but at a whopping 10000 points. I'm guessing swiftswim poliwag evolves into drizzle politoed?

But nto every pokemon is available you see. No Gen V pokemon has DW abilities, and even those from other gens are really limited, with 4th gen move compatibility and such.

Plus, threats such as techniloom are not yet available, aswell as Genesect as Keldeo don't exist ye.

Plus, you can use the already released DW abilities, like gliscor and quagsire.

For this tournament, however, all DW abilities are unlocked. Since we are using an online simulator rather than the real games, there is no reason to limit which DW abilities you can or cannot use. Pokemon Online shows what the metagame will look like once all the abilities are unlocked in the real games. It's best to start using it now so you'll know what to watch out for in the coming months.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I beat the befriend a pokemon game yesterday with a bunch of pink orbs. So I'll meet espeon today in the dreamworld right? Also, how do you maximize points? I see vulpix and poliwag are avaiable now, but at a whopping 10000 points. I'm guessing swiftswim poliwag evolves into drizzle politoed?

No, the eeveelutions aren't available in the dream world until May 6th once the promotion ends. You also get whichever one it tells you you have befriended at the end of the game.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'm having trouble getting Pokémon Online to run on Ubuntu. I really hope I don't have to resort to Wine. I have something special in store for all of you.