Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

You get it on Route 12, so yes.

Zaaps, you forgot flamethrower. And inferno could be pretty debatable when factoring in chandelure's already awesome type coverage with fire/ghost/grass, types which are only resisted by hydreigon/his prevos. Calm mind/sub are never useful on an ingame pkmn, and you tend to go through multiple battles, and even if used, they're essentially overkill.

div>

Yeah I looked it up earlier, flamethrower is post E4. Shame it'd make chandelure awesome with its 146 sp atk. Just really been grinding some for the E4, cleared out victory road today, my main team is now high 40s and low 50s. Though that's only 4 pokemon.

So chandelure would be best for my team and could i make any other improvements on my team:

(lvl 46 emboar, 46 excadrill, 44 galvantula, 44 fraxure, 44 carracosta, 44 archeops).

And is it better catching the litwik in the wild or just breeding one? And does the answer to it go with most pokemon?

SUPER.gif

Reminder: in game teams don't need to be perfect. A little while ago, I beat pkmn white in under 7hrs (which I think is pretty decent) using only an excadrill, darumatan, and an oshawott (the oshawott being for hms). Game itself is simple, it's the competitive/subway that's 'difficult'.

div>

By the way, you can buy the TM for Fire Blast by the time you reach Icirus City. Fire Blast is slightly more efficient damage/turn wise than Flamethrower, so it's definitely worth the buy at that point in the game.

If you want a good subway team, I've more or less mastered that. Just send me a pm of which subway you'll be participating in, and what you're looking for in a lead, and I'll be able to help you out there. Oh, and sac emboar for chandelure. Emboar is pathetically weak, and chandelure is better defensively than it (due to the lack of weaknesses to flying/psychic, and the immunities to fighting/normal).

div>

Acrobatics is the mandatory Flying move, Rock Slide/Stone Edge should be used for full STAB coverage. Quick Attacks ruins Focus Sash and gives priority, but Earthquake is... well... Earthquake, and provides good coverage since Flying types immune to EQ will die to rocks. The last slot depends on what you're going for, perhaps 4SK has a better option for the Subway, but Protect stops Archeops entering Defeatist territory.

Low PP on Fire Blast IS an issue, although with essentially unlimited PP via Pokemon Centers and an excess of Ethers/Elixers by the time you reach the elite four (at least that's always been the case for me), it's rarely an issue for the game playthrough.

Competitively and on subway, it's really only an issue if your opponent's designated tactic is PP stalling (Pressure Subroost Zapdos, for example).

Wasting pp-increasers is a pretty big issue, especially since (damage output-wise) flamethrower/flame burst are better.

I'll give you an example:

Flamethrower has 15pp, with a base power of 95 and an accuracy of 100.

If you throw this into the equation d(o)=(bpxpp)(a/100), you get 1425.

Now, we can easily use this equation for fire blast too: (125x5)(85/100).

Not using a calculator, I still know the number is roughly 1/2 that of flamethrower.

For competitive, you rely on high base powers. For in-game/playthrough, you rely on high damage output/utilizing your stabs.

div>

Yeah. I mean the in-game 'story mode' is meant for people who have never heard of IVs and couldn't tell the difference between a Jolly Archeops and a Calm one.

I can't find a link but I think the UK's most recent Black/White ad had someone using a Fighting move against a Flying enemy, and then seeming surprised that it was somehow ineffective lol. It really is as basic as using STABs and knowing the type chart for casual gamers.

Point is, for the story mode, there's Ethers and Poke Centres if you're really desperate.

Yeah. I mean the in-game 'story mode' is meant for people who have never heard of IVs and couldn't tell the difference between a Jolly Archeops and a Calm one.

I can't find a link but I think the UK's most recent Black/White ad had someone using a Fighting move against a Flying enemy, and then seeming surprised that it was somehow ineffective lol. It really is as basic as using STABs and knowing the type chart for casual gamers.

Point is, for the story mode, there's Ethers and Poke Centres if you're really desperate.

To be fair, though, the games are easy enough that if you pay attention to even just IVs, it's overkill. EV training and getting proper natures to use against gym leaders is just unfair (And a waste of time, you get most of the EV training aids in the postgame and you lose out on egg moves. ). Your untrained calm Archeops is still going to destroy everything that moves in the story, at any rate.

There's no excuse for not knowing the type charts on at least a basic level though. A Dragon/Steel matchup isn't going to show up often, but fighting/flying is. Though in that guy's defense, most flying types you're going to see are normal/flying and take neutral damage from fighting attacks.

Meh, I just got my 2000th bp in the subway, may as well post my singles team if anyone wants to try it:

Whimsicott@focus sash:

Calm

200hp/100def/108spa/100sp.def

-giga drain

-stun spore

-leech seed

-trick room

Tyrannitar@choice band

Brave

252atk/200def/56sp.def

-stone edge

-earthquake

-crunch

-dragon claw

Ferrothorn@lefties

Careful

104atk/152def/252sp.def

-leech seed

-curse

-power whip

-gyro ball

The idea is simple: stun/seed the enemy lead, then either giga drain the enemy until you're at low hp, or (if the sash has kicked in) trick room before whimsicott dies. Tyrannitar comes in next, benefitting off the doomed lead and ohkoing it. Ferro can also come in should you choose to gain curses rather than go for the trick-room/band sweep.

div>

I personally EV trained a Haxorus and it wasn't very difficult. You can get the Power Items as soon as you reach Nimbasa, really, since the normal subway is so easy.