Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I'm learning Pokesav, and it looks like I should have a team ready (all legal, naturally) in time for whatever tournament you're hosting. Thankfully Smogon is back too.

We will be using Pokemon Online for the tournament. http://pokemon-online.eu/

It's much less time consuming to make a team on there.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Ah, that certainly makes things a lot easier. I'm having trouble anyway, as WiFi recognizes my newly created Pokémon for the Frankenstein-esque lumps of mismatched code that they actually are. Oh well, I'll try again by using Pokesav to create two parents, then try to breed these malformed critters to see if the babies come out slightly less dysfunctional.

You might want to update the main post too, the ban list is different this time around (latis, chomp allowed, Ken is banned, etc).

Forgot about that. I'll update it.

Speed Boost Blaziken

Shadow Tag Chandeluir

Zekrom

Reshiram

Drizzle + Swift Swim

Latios

These are the newest additions to the banned list. Salamence, Garchomp, Latias, and Deoxys Speed form have been removed from the banned list and are allowed to be used.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Ah, that certainly makes things a lot easier. I'm having trouble anyway, as WiFi recognizes my newly created Pokémon for the Frankenstein-esque lumps of mismatched code that they actually are. Oh well, I'll try again by using Pokesav to create two parents, then try to breed these malformed critters to see if the babies come out slightly less dysfunctional.

Again, http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?6424-Download-link-and-information

Yay, now I have to run specially defensive Tyranitar in that case. And Keldeo is a jerk.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Is axew good? I heard mentions of it being good but not sure. I breeded it until I got one with mold breaker and bold nature. So are they any goo and if so what are their best moves?

Haxorus:

* Strongest Outrage in the OU tier

* Defensively frail.

* Almost always holds some kind of boosting move (SD, DD or Choice).

* Bold nature is useless since it takes away Atk. Adamant if running a choice set, Jolly if SD/DD.

* Mold breaker will hit Levitating enemies. Shame EQ can't be gained until after E4, because if Hax switched in on resistant Eelektross, it wouldn't stand a chance.

Ginger, I think you forgot a few things:

-best mold-breaker eq abuser in ou (having the ability to ohko the likes of gengar/eelektross with relative ease

-dual strike gives it a niche in that it can bust subs and tear the pkmn behind them to shreds

-inability to use stone edge/shifts in the ou tier mean that he often gets killed before posing any major threat (lati twins/skarmory/ferro threaten it huge, as the latis can ohko it with ease, wheras skarmory resists most of its movepool/both steel types can come in and effectively setup).

div>

It's still pretty solid in-game though. It can carve through pretty much anything using just DD and Dragon Claw, For its other two slots, there are plenty of decent filler moves even prior to the E4, such as Aerial Ace, X-Scissor and Shadow Claw, which can be swapped out as needed for whatever coverage is required at the moment.

Forgot? Never knew them. This is me desperately trying to catch up on two or three years of no information about the metagame. Didn't even know what the Starter Pokemon were until I got Black as a birthday present. :unsure:

In competitive though, the basic set is:

Jolly

Life orb

-d'dance

-dual strike/outrage

-eq

-rock slide

Oh, and without jolly nature, axew effectively becomes ice-beam fodder to many pkmn. And don't worry ginger, many times figuring out the metagame can be solved simply by using the pkmn in the generation.

div>

Dual Strike is such an awesome move in the current competitive environment. Perfect sub breaker. Not much use in-game though, except for OHKOing the rare Sturdy Pokémon. But yeah, Haxorus is a very decent physical dragon. Unfortunately any dragon pokémon will always be measured against the standard set by Salamence/Garchomp/Hydreigon. Thankfully Haxorus beats out all three on sheer attack power, but it's just a few points in speed short of beating out those three. This is why I'd always run DD over Swords Dance or Hone Claws.

Honestly, Haxorus sucks in the current environment. Even though he has arguably the best type in the game, he is too frail and can't take many resisted hits either. But the worst, and i mean absolute worst, is his trollish speed. 97 Speed can't break the 100 speed tier that everyone aims for, but most importantly it can't beat 102 speed of garchomp. That means that even with a DD, it won't outspeed any common scarfer, any +1 base 100 and will be outsped by DDmence, ScarfChomp and Scarfdreigon. And also Genesect when he gets released. Not to mention he is so frail he can't take any priority sans Aqua Jets, and even then Azumarill kinda takes a healthy chunk from it.

So yeah, Hax"r"us isn't really that good competitivly, every niche he has someone else does better. SD? Chomp. Sub breaker? Chomp. DD? Mence. Bulky DD? Nite. Scarfer? Chomp, Dreigon and lolgon. Choice Bander? Chomp, Mence, and the best: 'Nite.

Seriously, this guy would be th worst dragon yet would it not be for Altaria and that Gargoyle dragon that got introduced.

Not exactly mask. Flygon found a niche during the end of last gen for being able to revenge-scarf kill many of the ou boost sweepers (namely the d'dance and cm abusers). Haxorus doesn't have that privledge, and is instead forced to roam a generation where base 120offensive stats AND base 100speed is more or less manditory.

div>

Not exactly mask. Flygon found a niche during the end of last gen for being able to revenge-scarf kill many of the ou boost sweepers (namely the d'dance and cm abusers). Haxorus doesn't have that privledge, and is instead forced to roam a generation where base 120offensive stats AND base 100speed is more or less manditory.

It took Garchomp and 'Mence getting banned for him to get past the point of uselessness, though, and that happened a generation after his own release.

True, however even if mence/chomp were banned, haxorus would still have steep competition/be pretty useless regardless. With hydreigon being an effective mixed sweep/stall-breaker, haxorus is still pushing bl due to 'usability'. The only way haxorus could survive this gen is if they banned every ice/dragon stab user in the tier...

div>