Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I agree mask, the percentages are always off for me too (ie: when I was speed ev'ing my subway-gyara, I ran into 20 straight frillishes before finding one basculin). Oh, and if anyone needs help ev'ing pkmn, here's some easy ones:

Patrat/lilipup(route1): 1atk iv each

Klink/ferroseed/roggenrola/boldore: 2def iv for boldore, 1def iv for the rest

Basculin: 2speed iv each

Frillish: 1sp.def iv each

Haven't bothered finding any hp/sp.atk ones, seeing as I rarely use blissey/audino.

Meant ev's, not iv's...

div>

Litwick and Elgeyem are 1 point each, and no chance of running into something else. Serebii recommends derpfishStunfisk and Palpitoad for HP at 2 each (Not available in winter, which this month seems to be), Ducklett on that bridge at 1 ea, and surprisingly, Victini at 3 ea since it apparently respawns when you KO it. That event ends Sunday for those of us in North America.

Meh, I've been using gyara/axew for all my subway teams, seeing as they both more or less kill the others' weaknesses (gyara can take dragon-type moves aimed at axew and can ohko most of them with ice fang. Axew can take magnezone charge beams/rock attacks and hit the users back with eq/rock slide). Thinking of testing out a ss team for super doubles that'd revolve around magnezone, t'tar, excadrill, and ferro. Gonna start building the magnezone later, seeing as I'm currently in the middle of another looong (82win) multi-streak.

div>

Hey, jus got pokemon white did the first gym, i am currently training tepig and pansage. Do you know when the online bit starts working and how you can auto run ( i heard someone saying in the review you dont have to press b any more?)

SUPER.gif

I have bt homehub 2.0, and it isnt compatible with nintendo wi-fi because it has a wpa key instead of wep (which is a more modern and secure key). Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with having a modern router and so not being compatible?

SUPER.gif

The game is compatible with WPA, but the DS and DS lite aren't. If you want to use WPA you'll need a DSi or 3DS.

Also Heartgold and Soulsilver wern't compatible with a WPA key, but they fixed that in White and black.

I have the problem with a new Virgin Media router because I'm still on a five year old classic DS. I wish there was a way I could connect via the Wii (which can use WPA) not noooo.

If I try to change security settings on the router to WEP instead of WPA (which is risky in itself) the Internet just shuts itself off anyway. <_<

ye i have like the oldest ds too, its weird on mario kart i used to be able to play online, but now i cant even though i havent changed anything, i will have to buy the usb cable thingy but my brother says he has an idea but im not sure if it will work. So annoying i really wanted to play the online

SUPER.gif

I saw a bunch floating around walmart back in december. Picked up 5 to decorate my house in wifi...now able to get a strong wifi connection no matter where I am in my house (which is especially useful for those long, stomach-achey winter nights).

div>

Nintendo usb wifi connector sticks. I got mine for 5 bucks each, and because I have so many plugged in at once, I have 6 seperate wifi connections that enable powerful wifi access wherever I am in my house. Also annoys the neighbors as I have all these wifi connections, yet they're not allowed to use'm...lol

div>

You can only change the nature of legendaries post-e4. Best advice I can give is to put'm to sleep, then slowly widdle his health down to 1hp/attempt capture. Dusk balls at night are the cheap alternative to ultra balls...

I've beaten the E4, and found out that my Terakion is modest nature (LMAO). Can you tell me how to do this so I can fix that up?

So I'm screwed. Damnit >.< Oh well.

Also best to do 'checks' on all legendaries before getting them (ie: save before, capture with master ball, check iv's/nature, and then reset). Makes it easier to determine which ones need to be reset/changed, and saves plenty of time.

Oh, and I've effectively beat all super-sub bosses minus the singles one. Pretty easy imo, or at least easier than the hg/ss battle frontier (mind you, the factory was addicting as hell).

div>

Technically, you capture and check it. If it's not good, reset, kill it, and beat the Elite 4 again to respawn it with a different stat spread.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

So I've backed up my save file and started a fresh game. While planning out my party I couldn't help but notice how there are relatively few lines of water Pokémon in this game's national dex, especially compared to generations 3 and 4. My theory: it's mainly because Unova is filled with bridges, thus reducing the number of surfing routes. Because there are so few surfing routes, the game needs fewer water pokémon, since the abundance of water pokémon in the last two generations that were added in a vain attempt to make the surfing routes slightly less monotonous.

I agree. I had the hardest time getting a solid water type for beating Clay, so eventually I just settled on using Scrafty.

Btw, how do you back up save files and such? What do you need to transfer them to a computer.

I use an Action Replay device. It's how most people on Youtube post videos of their Wi-Fi videos: Save your wi-fi battle to the VS recorder, back up your save file, open the save file in an emulator, and replay the battle. As for Clay, both times now I tore through him using grass pokémon using drain moves and the Big Root item. They really jacked up the power of Giga Drain in this generation, and Maractus actually gets it fairly early.

I'm curious, what happens with the liberty pass when you restart, do you have to use wi-fi to get it again or do you have it from the start, you just need to pick it up from a pokemon center?

I just used drilbur/ottah for clay. Oh, and the reason that they don't have that many water type pkmn: only 1 of the gyms/none of the e4 are weak to water, thus making water types fairly useless this gen. That and we don't really need any of the water hm's till post-e4...

div>