Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

@necro: it's to make it a hell of a lot easier when filling up the pkdex (at least crobat is). Then you can just breed the crobat for a zubat, then lvl it up, rather than catching a golbat/evolving it/breeding it. Takes 1/2 the time to get the dex entries (oh, and getting blissey is easy now, have a lv2 one after I just kept teaching chansey return/thunderbolt). Also, I've been thinking of importing pkmn off diamond/ss, but have no real idea which pkmn would be worth getting (aside from salamence/garchomp). Is gigas now worth getting too since it can easily be teamed w/ shuckle to stall out its ability?

div>

Yeah, my ingame team is shaping up really well.

I have a Scraggy lv 33, really great mon with moxie. So far it has work up, HJK, payback and headbutt. Krokorok is level 32 and is really underwhelming, maybe after he gets more decent moves other than dig and crunch.

I just got my Samurot, so i haen't really tedted it. It has revenge, Shell Blade, Megahorn and Aqua Jet.

I also got my Leavanny at level 27, so no need to exploit the TM stuff. She's also pretty decent with bug and grass stab. really looking forward to another physical move and swords dance.

And as i arrived to the 6th gym city, i got my Joltik, male with counpound eyes and modest nature. I got REALLY lucky there. Nicknamed it Tesla <3.

Eh, I just found it a bit weird from a thematic standpoint.

If you wanna see weird things: black/white are the only games in which you are unable to catch wild chanseys. They also feature a lower shiny appearance ratio (ie: you have a 1 in 5500 chance of encountering a shiny in b/w, as apposed to the 1 in 8000 shot in all other pkmn games). Black/white are also the only pkmn games not to feature a rock-type gym leader/rock type gym. Oh, and they're the only games not to feature a game corner.

Also, I've been trying to find a copy of pkmn emerald so I can import the regis, thus giving access to gigas/possible new pkmn for the subway. Also bought one of those 3ds things, and found the graphics to be a big waste of money when playing pkmn games.

div>

Belly Drum Zen Mode Darma is pretty good, imo. It's true that in Zen mode, it's attack sucks, but with a +6 boost, you'd still have an extremely high attack (I believe it's something like 600 or 700+) AND a high special attack, coupled with good defenses.

If you could give it Trick Room support as well, it'd be a monster.

If you wanna see weird things: black/white are the only games in which you are unable to catch wild chanseys. They also feature a lower shiny appearance ratio (ie: you have a 1 in 5500 chance of encountering a shiny in b/w, as apposed to the 1 in 8000 shot in all other pkmn games). Black/white are also the only pkmn games not to feature a rock-type gym leader/rock type gym. Oh, and they're the only games not to feature a game corner.

Also, I've been trying to find a copy of pkmn emerald so I can import the regis, thus giving access to gigas/possible new pkmn for the subway. Also bought one of those 3ds things, and found the graphics to be a big waste of money when playing pkmn games.

You can catch wild Happiny in White Forest

The ratio for shinies is still the same

Johto technically doesn't have a Rock-type gym because Brock is not a Johto gym leader

They don't have a Game Corner because Game Freak realized that they didn't serve any purpose when they could make the TMs and Pokemon available through other means.

The resolution for DS and 3DS games are different. If you want to play a DS game, hold Start and Select while the game loads.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Zen mode darma is just beastly by itself though. Give it fire blast/psychic/focus blast, and it hits everything for neutral. And with those high defences, it tends to take at least 2 hits before dying.

Oh, and riku, actually read my posts before replying. Gold/silver (and their remakes) feature brock (a rock type gym leader with a rock gym). Thus, even though he is a kanto gym leader, he's still featured in the game. Happiny is not chansey, I'll repeat, happiny does not equal/is not chansey.

Oh, and next time, try to enjoy my 'pkmn fun facts' before fireballing them...

div>

Fourside, cut the attitude. I've noticed it in several posts of yours recently. Also, stop double posting so much. It clutters this topic up. There is nothing wrong with the edit button.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Have unintentionally ended up with a more defensive team than I'm used to before the E4, with Serperior, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Reuniculs, Cryogonal, and Rufflet. Serperior is actually pretty good if played right. Leech seed + leftovers, then spamming Coil gives it ridiculous physical stats, and after a couple it heals of most of the damage it takes. Then leaf blade and slam for actual damage dealing.

Similar strategy with Ferro, except with Ingrain, curse, and the rugged helmet. Even before curse they end up doing more damage to themselves then to Ferrro.

Of course, only the Ferro one would be acceptable in any kind of metagame. Can get away with a lot when the computer lets you set up 3-4 boosts on neutral damage.

Also, pretty sure Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald didn't have any kind of Chansey (Not even a clone like Audino), and the Gamecube didn't see it until XD.

Well, I'm finally back from the hospital, time to reply/add some interesting news.

@lepremod: everyone's allowed to be angry, and if my yesterday posts seemed a bit 'mean-spirited', then whoopie, I don't care. Truth be told, yesterday was a bad day in itself. I had my inlaws' pet pitbull bite/scratch my knees to the point of them being bloody/me being hospitalized. Then, as I'm on my way to the hospital 45mins away, I find out that the hospital I was headed to is full, and that I need to go to another one 1 hour away in the opposite direction. Then, as I arrive at the other hospital, I find out that I need to get some needles, because apparently the dog had rabies and my inlaws knew and didn't tell anyone. So if you're wondering why I was a bit 'agitated', I think that explains itself.

In other news: my little brother was playing through my old ss game, and happened to stumble upon several shinies (namely, a shiny eevee, a shiny ditto, a shiny abra, and a shiny dratini). Gonna transfer them to black later, then try to breed a fully-competitive shiny team.

div>

Well, I'm finally back from the hospital, time to reply/add some interesting news.

@lepremod: everyone's allowed to be angry, and if my yesterday posts seemed a bit 'mean-spirited', then whoopie, I don't care. Truth be told, yesterday was a bad day in itself. I had my inlaws' pet pitbull bite/scratch my knees to the point of them being bloody/me being hospitalized. Then, as I'm on my way to the hospital 45mins away, I find out that the hospital I was headed to is full, and that I need to go to another one 1 hour away in the opposite direction. Then, as I arrive at the other hospital, I find out that I need to get some needles, because apparently the dog had rabies and my inlaws knew and didn't tell anyone. So if you're wondering why I was a bit 'agitated', I think that explains itself.

In other news: my little brother was playing through my old ss game, and happened to stumble upon several shinies (namely, a shiny eevee, a shiny ditto, a shiny abra, and a shiny dratini). Gonna transfer them to black later, then try to breed a fully-competitive shiny team.

I don't think I care. You still had that attitude days before. I'm sorry you got bitten, but that's all we can say.

Been hatching Deino eggs trying to get a shiny. 1/1300 chance with the Masuda Method.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I've been trying my hand at the singles battle subway with the following team:

Tyranitar (adamant, sand stream, choice band)

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Dragon Claw

Excalidrill (jolly, sand throw, air balloon)

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- X-Scissor

Whimsicott (timid, prankster, leftovers)

- Encore

- Leech Seed

- Substitute

- Giga Drain

Tyranitar hits pretty much anything like a tank. Excadrill outspeeds pretty much anything with sand up, and has some very effective moves for revenge killing. Whimsicott is mainly there to cover my weakness to bulky water types. I've had some very interesting stall wars with it. Unfortunately, I'm left with a pretty big fighting weakness. Not sure what I'll do to overcome that yet.

@necro: having a fighting weakness is always a problem for subway teams in general (oh, and I use that exact team, except that I have ferro instead of whimsicott due to its survivability in ss/ability to tank physical hits well). Do what I did and try to experiment with different leads. Even if it fails, you still end up with a sh'tload of competitive pkmn/points. Oh, and if you wanna neuter that fighting weakness, replace whimsicott with flying-gem thundurus.

div>

I've been trying my hand at the singles battle subway with the following team:

Tyranitar (adamant, sand stream, choice band)

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Dragon Claw

Excalidrill (jolly, sand throw, air balloon)

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- X-Scissor

Whimsicott (timid, prankster, leftovers)

- Encore

- Leech Seed

- Substitute

- Giga Drain

Tyranitar hits pretty much anything like a tank. Excadrill outspeeds pretty much anything with sand up, and has some very effective moves for revenge killing. Whimsicott is mainly there to cover my weakness to bulky water types. I've had some very interesting stall wars with it. Unfortunately, I'm left with a pretty big fighting weakness. Not sure what I'll do to overcome that yet.

Thundurus or Jellicent sound like pretty good answers.

So we need something that covers Water, Grass, and Fighting?

...Salamence? More or less an anagram for him.

Ferro covers 2 of the type and with the right ev investments, can kill the other with relative ease. Also changing exca to gliscor could cover that fighting weakness while enabling you to abuse sand veil.

div>

Having 3 slow Pokemon in Battle Subway isn't a very good idea though. If you get slightly unlucky, it's all over.

Plus Ferrothorn doesn't really solve the fighting weakness. It can take a fighting hit, granted it's not a strong one. Once again, that's a bit of a gamble.

Having 2 sandstorm abusers and a tank is a good combo though. May I ask though: which subway are you currently on? Because I had no real problem beating all the normal ones using only a 252atk/252spe haxorus and the slaking/ferro from my doubles team.

div>

Reuni generally sucks in the sub though. I used it a few times, and the kill to death ratio was somewhere around .2-1. That, and on the super-subs, krook is everywhere!

Just beat the subway bosses of the super multi train. Team was:

Haxorus@adamant

Expert belt

252atk/4hp/252speed

-rock slide

-swords dance

-earthquake

-dual chop

Ferrothorn@relaxed

Lefties

252atk/128def/128spec.def

-curse

-leech seed

-power whip

-gyro ball

Both sets are pretty self-explanatory. Chose haxorus for his ability to more or less decimate anything (especially after 1-2sd's). Ferro, well, he's my new favourite pkmn of this generation. The thing is a beast, especially when/after haxorus slaughters most of the enemy pkmn.

div>

I'm doing the Super Single Train at the moment. Highest I've gotten so far is 45, when I lost very stupidly to a Typhlosion. I led with my TTar. It was faster and used Sunny Day. My Stone Edge missed, his Solar Beam didn't. It then proceeded to OHKO my Excadrill because it didn't outspeed it without sand, and my Whimsicott, with flamethrower. As for my fighting weakness, I'm considering switching my TTar out for a bulky Hippowdon.

Wow, too ironic. I was continuing on my super-multi streak, was on match number 74, and lost to a similar typhlosion. Came in, thunderpunch/ohko'd my gyara with a crit, and then went on to kill all but my teammate's excadrill. Exca then got ko'd by an enemy blissey's focus blast.

div>