Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Well, I've narrowed my ideas down to 2 pkmn: flash fire ninetales, and 'aww f''k it time to go rambo' thundurus. Both can kill many of the things that stall ferro (namely other steels, grasses, and fire types), and wheras ninetales relies heavily on predicting the enemy's fire move, thundurus relies heavily on pounding the ____ out of enemies who don't resist the dual-stab.

div>

Jelli, ah, completely forgot about it (which is ironic since this pokemon was the sole reason for tenta's banishment to uu). Question now becomes: moveset, and should I get rid of axew to add a pkmn that benefits off rain.

div>

Jellicent sucks. Yes, it has that type combo resistence with nattorei, but really, it is just too frail to take on dangerous sweepers. Hell, nattorei 2 shots it without any att investments with power whip. The worst thing it can do is burn you really.

Tentacruel is much better, has the same combo with Nattorei and can do way more in the form of rapid spin, Toxic Spikes, decent SpA and Decent Speed. After the 5th gen hype dies down, Tentacruel will come back at full force.

You know one mon who is powerwull as all hell? Hihidaruma. He one shot my kingdra (trying a new team) with CB flare Blitz in sun. oh, btw, it was a 252hp, 252Att kingdra. Yep, One shot... Kingdra... with Flare Blitz.

You know one mon who is powerwull as all hell? Hihidaruma. He one shot my kingdra (trying a new team) with CB flare Blitz in sun. oh, btw, it was a 252hp, 252Att kingdra. Yep, One shot... Kingdra... with Flare Blitz.

Finally someone realizes this.

I ran a belly drum variant early on. Sub + drum + salac berry = 1500 attack and ~500 speed. Hard to set up, but once it does...

Hihidaruma? You mean darumatan? Darumatan, imo, was the biggest surprise of this gen (with last gen being gliscor). Darumatan's dw ability hurts it huge, but with sheer force/belly drum, it can destroy plenty of annoying threats. Another idea I had for that spec wall/offensive was rotom, seeing as the 4th gen forms are significantly bulkier, and the electric-water/electric-ice would work wonders when combined with the steel/grass of ferro.

div>

Jellicent sucks. Yes, it has that type combo resistence with nattorei, but really, it is just too frail to take on dangerous sweepers. Hell, nattorei 2 shots it without any att investments with power whip. The worst thing it can do is burn you really.

Tentacruel is much better, has the same combo with Nattorei and can do way more in the form of rapid spin, Toxic Spikes, decent SpA and Decent Speed. After the 5th gen hype dies down, Tentacruel will come back at full force.

Whenever you mention one of the new pokemon I always get confused because you use the japanese names.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Whenever you mention one of the new pokemon I always get confused because you use the japanese names.

Nattorei = Ferrothorn

Hihidaruma = Darumanitan

I'm kind of used to both now so I need to curve myself to remember the English names as well.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Also, apparently V-create is now legal? Or did I hear wrong?

Also, apparently V-create is now legal? Or did I hear wrong?

Quote from Serebii:

CoroCoro has revealed further details of the upcoming event giveaway of Victini in Japan to tie in with the two movies this year; Victini & The Black Hero: Zekrom and Victini & The White Hero: Reshiram. This Victini, as reported previously, knows the move V-Create. Victini is to be given when you have pre-booked your tickets for the movies. The booking of tickets begins on April 16th and as such, you'll be able to receive this special Victini from April 16th 2011 to August 31st 2011 in various places in Japan. This Victini comes holding the Fire Gem item and has the special Wishing Ribbon.

So it appears it is not available yet, although I thought it would be released with the movie in July.

25zhwts.png

Crap, that thing is gonna be a pain to deal with.

With stab, it's 270bp. Add in 6 calm minds, and it hitting a smeargle that's used 6 shell breaks, and that's a sh'tload of damage (victini has calm mind, right?).

The move is physical.

CB V-Generate in Sun would OHKO everything that doesn't resist it almost. Hell, CB Darmanitan Flare Blitz did something like 75% to my Kingdra once in the sun.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

An unboosted V-create managed to do upwards of 70% damage to my Latios (who resists it, sure enough).

An unboosted v-create also does 0 damage to heatran. Mind you, with all the old pkmn running around, victini has plenty of counters/enemies (namely gyara, tyrannitar, swampert, scizor, any stab eq/surf/dark/ghost/rock move). If victini had an ability like levitate, then it probably would be seen on more ou teams.

div>

An unboosted v-create also does 0 damage to heatran. Mind you, with all the old pkmn running around, victini has plenty of counters/enemies (namely gyara, tyrannitar, swampert, scizor, any stab eq/surf/dark/ghost/rock move). If victini had an ability like levitate, then it probably would be seen on more ou teams.

I'm not so sure. Flash Fire pokemon and those with a double fire resistance are really the only surefire counters.

Choice Band Victini with Adamant Nature and maximum attack investment hits for 167 - 196.5 (42.39% - 49.87%) against max HP/Defense Gyarados with a defense boosting nature AND factoring in Intimidate. That's a 2HKO with Stealth Rock on a physically bulky version of Gyarados you will never see, with a -1 attack boost. Salamence has nearly identical physical bulk as Gyarados (exception is 80 base defense instead of 79, but lol) with intimidate and the same .5x damage modifier against fire, so Victini 2HKO's Salamence as well.

Against Tyranitar (who has better defenses than Gyara but no intimidate), it will deal 204 - 240.75 (50.5% - 59.59%). Again, that's maxing out every possible defensive field.

Swampert has lower defenses than Tyranitar and is also without intimidate and also has that .5x damage modifier due to resistance, so it's safe to assume Swampert is also 2HKO'd.

Scizor is just going to die, and Victini resists bullet punch. Victini has 100 stats all around, so it would be like bullet punching a Jirachi.

Whereas V-create does only 112 - 132.75 (31.64% - 37.5%) to Kingdra. However, remember that's with maximum defense investments. How many Kingdras do you see with a +Def nature, 252hp and 252 defense EVs? Those without HP/Def investment and a neutral defense nature EV get hit by 158 - 186 (54.3% - 63.92%), which is a 2HKO even without stealth rock. With 252hp, the damage is 158 - 186 (44.63% - 52.54%), which is still a 2HKO sometimes, and is guaranteed by Stealth Rock. Note these last two calculations are the only ones done without 252hp, 252def, and +def nature.

So simply put, only 2 ways you're going to counter Victini. Flash Fire pokemon and something with a 4x fire resist AND with heavy defense investments.

So the only way you'll actually counter with one of the Pokemon you mentioned before is if you switch it in on revenge, or you can outspeed and KO (none of which can, btw, without scarf), at which point you're already at a disadvantage and V-create has done its job.

Oh wow, I just found out that Blaziken is now banned, while Deoxys-S and Latios will be banned next month if they both get over 50% in the voting. I haven't personally had a problem with Deoxys-S, but I'm very happy about Blaziken being gone. Wish Latios was also gone, as I used a max SpD Tyranitar like people suggested, and it was still 2HKO'd by a Specs Surf, but I can't be too picky.

I'm still considering making an anti-meta team revolving around Scarf Abomasnow and Specs Kyurem for lulz, but this ban is making me want to get back to running a normal team (I peak at around ~200 when I sit down and actually think about my moves).

Vote numbers if anyone wants them:

Blaziken: 29 Ban, 11 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain (72.5% Ban)

Deoxys-E: 22 Ban, 19 Do Not Ban, 2 Abstain (53.7% Ban)

Excadrill: 10 Ban, 33 Do Not Ban, 0 Abstain (23.3% Ban)

Latios: 22 Ban, 18 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain (55.0% Ban)

Reuniclus: 9 Ban, 31 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain (22.5% Ban)

Thundurus: 15 Ban, 23 Do Not Ban, 5 Abstain (39.5% Ban)

25zhwts.png