Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

So I did the trade with Lt Surge for his Pikachu. His Pikachu was French and had the ability Run Away.

A glitch perhaps?

If you have the English version of the game you get a French Pikachu and if you have the Japanese version you get an English Pikachu.

Hmm, I know you're supposed to get a French one. Mine seemed to have the ability Run Away. Which is weird, but cool.

Oh I see now :lol:

[hide]Joke about the French being cowards? :x[/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So I did the trade with Lt Surge for his Pikachu. His Pikachu was French and had the ability Run Away.

A glitch perhaps?

If you have the English version of the game you get a French Pikachu and if you have the Japanese version you get an English Pikachu.

Hmm, I know you're supposed to get a French one. Mine seemed to have the ability Run Away. Which is weird, but cool.

Oh I see now :lol:

[hide]Joke about the French being cowards? :x[/hide]

By that logic you can say they think british/americans are coward too :lol:

I browsed some pokemon-forums today and it's serious business :o

I noticed a hunt for pokemon with high IVs. Little do I know what it is, still so much to learn.

Does anyone know how I can create a 'perfect' Scyther? How can I figure out these IVs in the first place, according to bulbapedia, pretty much by guessing?

One with high IVs, so I can turn it into Scizor, one of the most awesome pokemon of Gen II.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I browsed some pokemon-forums today and it's serious business :o

I noticed a hunt for pokemon with high IVs. Little do I know what it is, still so much to learn.

Does anyone know how I can create a 'perfect' Scyther? How can I figure out these IVs in the first place, according to bulbapedia, pretty much by guessing?

One with high IVs, so I can turn it into Scizor, one of the most awesome pokemon of Gen II.

IV breeding is really difficult and takes insane amounts of time. It takes lots of luck and patience, although can be sped up by having pokemon hold power items. To be honest even as much as I love breeding, I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Quick question, are there any Pokemon that can Baton Pass Amnesia?

Sentret//Furret can. Although I'm not sure if you'll be able to get more than 1 off before it's dead.

+ Girafarig, and Gorebyss. Gorebyss has better defenses (although it isn't bulky by any definition), Aqua Ring, and better stats in general, but Girafarig can dual screen and then use Amnesia and Baton Pass, which could make it a lot more bulky. Both can also pass agilitys.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I'm guessing I'll be against you, Kc? I should be on all weekend, but if not, when are you free?

I am so sad, I swept all but 1 of his pokemon with flinchkiss then it koed all my pokemon because my clericnite's thunder missed

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

After this tournment ends, why don't we post our teams?

It's always nice to see other people's set ups and discuss their weaknesses, strenghts and counters. It also helps them to improve imo.

Just a ramdom thought :smile:

People on Shoddy piss me off. I basically leave a game after having Tyranitar be parahaxed 3 times in a row where if one parahax didn't trigger I would have won, having Draco Meteor miss 3 times in a row, and having a Jirachi receive a critical Draco Meteor that kills it, and not having any chance of winning. The guy I played against then has the audacity to say I use "cheap [wagon] ****" and how you only need to use pokes with a BST of 580 or less. I don't understand that logic to be honest, you're putting very arbitrary limits on yourself, which leads to you not playing at full capacity, thus, you aren't competitive at all. That's like picking the pistol over the assault rifle on any FPS, or not listing your important skills on a resume for a job.

I guess I posted this before, but I'll post the team I currently use if you want to comment/critique/steal it.

[spoiler=Team is in here]

Gliscor @Leftovers

252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spe

Ability: Sand Veil

Nature: Jolly

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Roost

- Taunt

Basically serves as a lead, stallbreaker, and Lucario counter all in one. EQ for obligatory STAB, Stealth Rock because it's SR, Roost to come back later, and Taunt to help stop stuff like Skarmory. Max speed is needed because other Gliscor are risky.

Tyranitar @Leftovers

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Ability: Sand Stream

- Dragon Dance

- Earthquake

- Crunch

- Stone Edge.

I frankly save Tyranitar for lategame sweeping, when things that threaten it are out of play, and Scizor is dead. Gliscor loves the sandstorm, and Tyranitar obviously is threatening if he can get one, or even better, two Dragon Dances under his belt. The whole team is designed around trying to find an opening for Tar to get in and clear out stuff like Rotoms and whatnot.

Heatran @Leftovers

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Ability: Flash Fire

Nature: Timid

- Fire Blast

- Dragon Pulse

- Toxic

- Substitute

This Heatran is more designed to handle more offensively-oriented teams, and to punish those that use BP with Scizor. Get in, set a substitute if they'll switch, then wreak havoc from behind the substitute, unless it's something that threatens it or walls it, like Vaporeon, Suicune, or god forbid, other Heatran, I'll just Toxic or Dragon Pulse then sound the retreat into...

Vaporeon @Leftovers

188 HP / 248 Def / 72 Spe

Ability: Water Absorb

Nature: Bold

- Surf

- HP Electric

- Wish

- Protect

Vaporeon, who seems to synergize fairly well with Heatran, Gliscor, and Tyranitar, sponging the Water attacks constantly aimed at them. The Wish support is useful, and HP Electric is to counter Gyarados, who otherwise ruins this team.

Jirachi @Choice Scarf

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Ability: Serene Grace

- Iron Head

- Trick

- Fire Punch

- Ice Punch/Thunderpunch

Jirachi serves as a decent check to a lot of threats that haven't garnered a lot of speed, and serves as my best check to Salamence and friends. Iron Head for the flinch nonsense, Trick to scout, and Fire Punch to deal with Scizor and Lucario.

I usually only use Ice Punch since Thunderpunch doesn't quite help in most cases, and I need a decent Salamence check/counter.(Worst comes to worst, it can speedtie with +1 Jolly variants of Salamence)

Latias @Choice Specs

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

Ability: Levitate

-Draco Meteor

-Trick

-Surf

-Thunderbolt

Tacked on but awesome. Nothing to add here. It really does help with the team's defenses, so I can't quite complain.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I'll begin by posting mine then:

[hide]

Hulk (Machamp) @ Lum Berry

252 At/ 104 HP / 152 Def

FirePunch

IcePunch

Dynamic Punch

Sub

Anti-Wall/Anti-Lead/Anti Tyranitar basicly, the lack of speed may hurt him, but the defences make up for it.

Dante (Charizard) @ Salac berry

252 At/ 252 Spe/ 4 def

Sub

BellyDrum

FirePunch

Equake

The crux of my team; a nice surprise and able to pull full sweeps even against some scarfed foes.

Shinespark (Starmie) @ Leftovers

252 spe/ 252 SAt / 4 HP

Thunderbolt

Ice Beam

Surf

Rapid Spin

Mixed special sweeper and back up support for Dante (Mainly for SR, but also for tocxis spikes, dont care about reg spikes) Can pull awesome sweeps (ie: my match against mckinzy)

Thor (Dragonite) @ Leftovers

252 SpeDef/ 104 Att/ 152 HP

Roost

Heal Bell

DragonClaw

DragonDance

Clericnite is amazing, and i specially love DD'ing 6 turns in walls just to completely sweep afterwards, even against metal foes. Also a mixed support. Heal bell is to prevent flinchkiss to ruin it. Also a special wall

Kraken (Gyarados)@Leftovers

152 Def/ 252 Att/ 104 HP

DragonDance

Waterfall

StoneEdge/Equake

IceFang

Sometimes i use Equake, others Stone Edge. A good Physical wall nonetheless, and after 3 DD's it decimates everything pretty much.

Neon (scizor) @Choice Band/Scarf

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

U-Turn

BulletPunch

BrickBreak/Super Power

Pursuit

Scouter and semi Physical wall, i don't bring im out much though and i might replace him for Gengar or something else. Too vulnerable to a proeminent type: Fire

[/hide]

So, what do you all think?

There are quite a few issues with that team to be honest.

Let's start with the Machamp. You don't need Fire Punch in the lead position; replace it with Bullet Punch. Fire Punch is not netting you any crucial KOs that Dynamicpunch doesn't already. Not to mention the Bullet Punch lets you kill sashed leads before they can make a second move, and priority on a lead is always good. Ice Punch is good, since Gliscor is far too common for you to NOT run it. Substitute is fine, although keep in mind any bulkier ghosts basically wall that set entirely, even Gengar. If you want to rectify this, go ahead and replace it with Payback. Substitute is not protecting you in the lead position at all, since most things outspeed you regardless and status is handled by a Lum Berry in most cases. The edits for Machamp will help more often that not, since the point of the lead is to get control of the battle within a few turns, and the anti-lead Machamp set does this almost TOO easily.

The way you're using Scizor, Choice Band only. You cannot afford to sacrifice the power he needs. The speed might help in theory, but you lose too much power.

As for things that hurt this team badly, SpecsJolt basically eats this entire team alive if it runs HP Ice(and a very high percentage do). It can 2HKO or OHKO your entire team, no joke. So we basically need to find a way to squeeze a Ground-type in there. I'd say to kick Gyarados to the curb and use this to complement Scizor:

Flygon @Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4HP

Trait: Levitate

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- U-turn

- Stone Edge / Fire Blast

Flygon does net you a solid Electric immunity that this team badly needs. With U-turn and his awesome speed with a Scarf, he and Scizor can work in tandem to scout out teams. Stone Edge probably is the best option for this team, and lets you eliminate stuff like Gyarados. The Gyarados you have really does not support your team in a way I can see to be beneficial. It also helps to keep DDMence in check, and lets you revenge those that have gotten 1 Dragon Dance under their belt.

Only other change I can recommend is to swap the Leftovers on Starmie for a Life Orb; I have tried both on a very offensive team and a defensive team, and the Life Orb helps more than Leftovers in most cases. That set with a Life Orb is ridiculous against stall and offensive teams alike. I can see everything else working fine somewhat. The whole team also relies too much on Starmie; if it dies, Charizard can't do anything, and your whole team will follow suit.

Also, I want to really make a statement regarding gimmicks like BellyZard or anything else. They will not secure you wins that often. You might surprise someone more often that not, but the surprise only works once. After that, anyone can be prepared for it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

I placed items, roles and Ev's, abilities are pretty much the usual (tecniciens for scizor, natural cure for starmie, etc.) and natures usually favour att (Gyarados/Scizor/Machamp), Speed (Charizard), Special Att (starmie) and Special Defence (Dnite)

In Starmie's case then, change it's nature to Timid. It REALLY needs that extra speed, or stuff like Infernape will outspeed it. I'll say to at least consider the changes I suggested. You really need that Flygon though, your team is seriously weak to Electric otherwise.

Also, ultima, i made so my charizard could survive a SR and still Belly drum, dont ask me how though, it was a mess up i made somewhere. That gives me *some* indenpendance from starmie, but yeah, i may replace My gyarados for that.

local guy, i'm dining now, i'll be on in a minute.

People on Shoddy piss me off. I basically leave a game after having Tyranitar be parahaxed 3 times in a row where if one parahax didn't trigger I would have won, having Draco Meteor miss 3 times in a row, and having a Jirachi receive a critical Draco Meteor that kills it, and not having any chance of winning. The guy I played against then has the audacity to say I use "cheap [wagon] ****" and how you only need to use pokes with a BST of 580 or less. I don't understand that logic to be honest, you're putting very arbitrary limits on yourself, which leads to you not playing at full capacity, thus, you aren't competitive at all. That's like picking the pistol over the assault rifle on any FPS, or not listing your important skills on a resume for a job.

I guess I posted this before, but I'll post the team I currently use if you want to comment/critique/steal it.

[spoiler=Team is in here]

Gliscor @Leftovers

252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spe

Ability: Sand Veil

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Roost

- Taunt

Basically serves as a lead, stallbreaker, and Lucario counter all in one. EQ for obligatory STAB, Stealth Rock because it's SR, Roost to come back later, and Taunt to help stop stuff like Skarmory. Max speed is needed because other Gliscor are risky.

Tyranitar @Leftovers

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Ability: Sand Stream

- Dragon Dance

- Earthquake

- Crunch

- Stone Edge.

I frankly save Tyranitar for lategame sweeping, when things that threaten it are out of play, and Scizor is dead. Gliscor loves the sandstorm, and Tyranitar obviously is threatening if he can get one, or even better, two Dragon Dances under his belt. The whole team is designed around trying to find an opening for Tar to get in and clear out stuff like Rotoms and whatnot.

Heatran @Leftovers

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Ability: Flash Fire

- Fire Blast

- Dragon Pulse

- Toxic

- Substitute

This Heatran is more designed to handle more offensively-oriented teams, and to punish those that use BP with Scizor. Get in, set a substitute if they'll switch, then wreak havoc from behind the substitute, unless it's something that threatens it or walls it, like Vaporeon, Suicune, or god forbid, other Heatran, I'll just Toxic or Dragon Pulse then sound the retreat into...

Vaporeon @Leftovers

188 HP / 248 Def / 72 Spe

Ability: Water Absorb

Nature: Bold

- Surf

- HP Electric

- Wish

- Protect

Vaporeon, who seems to synergize fairly well with Heatran, Gliscor, and Tyranitar, sponging the Water attacks constantly aimed at them. The Wish support is useful, and HP Electric is to counter Gyarados, who otherwise ruins this team.

Jirachi @Choice Scarf

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Ability: Serene Grace

- Iron Head

- Trick

- Fire Punch

- Ice Punch/Thunderpunch

Jirachi serves as a decent check to a lot of threats that haven't garnered a lot of speed, and serves as my best check to Salamence and friends. Iron Head for the flinch nonsense, Trick to scout, and Fire Punch to deal with Scizor and Lucario.

I usually only use Ice Punch since Thunderpunch doesn't quite help in most cases, and I need a decent Salamence check/counter.(Worst comes to worst, it can speedtie with +1 Jolly variants of Salamence)

Latias @Choice Specs

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

Ability: Levitate

-Draco Meteor

-Trick

-Surf

-Thunderbolt

Tacked on but awesome. Nothing to add here. It really does help with the team's defenses, so I can't quite complain.

I limit myself because I think it takes more skill to win, which makes it more fun. Using Rhyperior, Blaziken and Lanturn in OU is a lot harder than using Latias, Tyranitar, Scizor, Blissey, etc.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Thats no excuse, if you are in OU be prepared to face OU pokemons. If you want to test yourself go to NU

Also, I'm ready local guy, gary oak server? User is demoliboy2

And ultima, Bellyzard is far from a pushover, in fact, it's quite a threat if you pull it out :twisted: