Smash Club.

Caxis

I always try to keep a bomb drawn whenever I'm facing a MK at mid/close range combat, waiting for a tornado. If it's long-range, I can usually do a quick double jump and dair. Costs me a few % of damage, but it deals more to MK and knocks him out of rhythm.

Other than that, I really don't have a clue how to deal with it. :?

The fact that your taking out a bomb in mid/close range = death. MK's have no projectiles, so they are always in your face. Doublt jump + dair is way too predictable, and even if not it's way to easy tospot dodge, to dsmash. You can try other projectiles, but he's too fast.

When I'm MK, stupidly fast and long range pisses me off (DK namely), and falco/wolf's blaster mainly because it knocks me out of my whorenado. Theres a reason he's called unbeatable, you know... he has 0 weaknesses, besides his weight.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make MK Dsmash and do a tornado at the same time? You must be the best player since, like... ever. I am also well aware of the dangers of dair'ing with TL, hence I don't do it all that often; in fact, almost never unless I'm making a re-entry after being launched or KOing someone to the top of the screen.

I was also talking in the context of a Basic Brawl. Of course I'd never pull out a bomb in a 1v1 where all the focus is on me. Common sense would tell you that. I stand as far away as possible and SHDB + boomerang to keep him away. If he gets close, dodge (using a forward roll, where possible), hit him with a Dsmash or a normal attack, and while he's in the air, run like a madman. Perhaps most importantly is the skill of keeping up projectiles while remaining unpredictable. TL's versatility allows that.

His lack of projectiles is a weakness. I remember comments about Ike being unbeatable, and he's easily beaten now. No character in this game is unbeatable - not while metagames are in the process of constant evolution.

You can make MK Dsmash and do a tornado at the same time? You must be the best player since, like... ever.

Good reasoning. However, mk's whornado could be ended at any time, and it is lagless. Therefore, whornade to dsmash. But... I was talking about dsmashing out of a whornado, I was talking about the weakness of dair in general. Although it is possible to whornado to dsmash....

I am also well aware of the dangers of dair'ing with TL, hence I don't do it all that often; in fact, almost never unless I'm making a re-entry after being launched or KOing someone to the top of the screen.

Why would you dair on re-entry on stage? You want to space yoruself out, not be stuck on the floor... Plus, the dair isn't a good offensive attack, it's more of an extremely risky and hard edgeguard... although it has it's uses (especially online, offline its way to situational)

I was also talking in the context of a Basic Brawl. Of course I'd never pull out a bomb in a 1v1 where all the focus is on me. Common sense would tell you that.

On paper, sure. Once your in the game, mindgames do the rest.

I stand as far away as possible and SHDB + boomerang to keep him away. If he gets close, dodge (using a forward roll, where possible), hit him with a Dsmash or a normal attack, and while he's in the air, run like a madman.

You obviously forgot how it was playing my meta, even offline. (Wait, did I even play you with Mk...?) :?: ShDB + Boomerang is too slow. By then you'll get hit by a fair. If he gets too close, dodge. Doesn't work, he'll most likely do a dash attack to dsmash, ftilt (longer than spot dodge) or whornado (also longer). Toon links attacks in gernal can't keep up with MK's speed. And Meta's ground game is also very good, not just his air game.

Perhaps most importantly is the skill of keeping up projectiles while remaining unpredictable. TL's versatility allows that.

No it doesn't. SHda/ boomerang, thats not unpreditable. Plus, it doesn't matter, projectiles DON'T WORK ON MK!

His lack of projectiles is a weakness. I remember comments about Ike being unbeatable, and he's easily beaten now. No character in this game is unbeatable - not while metagames are in the process of constant evolution.

It is not a weakness, his infinite amount of approaches, speed, priority, whornado (Lol :lol: ) overcomes that. Or, at least to an extent to prevent your opponent from even attempting to camp. Ike was pretty much never considered unbeatable. Only noobs did. Second, he was only considered decent by most, and that was because the metagame was underdeveloped for every single character but Ike. Sadly, it stayed the same since day one, and now. Seriously. MK's is not unbeatable, I never said that. Is he extremely hard for each character in the whole SSBB cast? Well...

inuyashakent-2.png

King Dedede can rip Ike apart. Usually.

Source? Today. I had my first...Brawl session in months. My friends all chose Ike at one point, while I was Dedede. Won them all. Though most of my friends suck with Ike.

Waddle Dees seem to have a really big effect on Ike though. They can screw around with basically every character, but it seems as if Ike takes the biggest beating. My friend got a smash ball, and was about to use it on me, and I chucked a Waddle Dee at him. Knocked it right out. He got it again. Threw another Waddle Dee. He used it right as the Waddle Dee hit, missed me completely but the Waddle Dee got sent to oblivion. Then I Dededecided (Lawl wut) and sent it to Super Sudden Death, where I threw another Waddle Dee at him and won.

Love them Waddle Dees. \'

The chart I posted has DK over Metaknight. And a few even matches, like GaW, TL and Zelda. Ganondorf loses to everyone. :lol:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Just curious, does anybody still play melee? I do.

Kind of. Last Sunday, I was at a party, they only had a N64 (And a PS2) so we stuck that in the TV and played the original. And one of my friends doesn't have a Wii, but a Gamecube (With Melee, of course), and I go to his house sometimes.

I guess I'd prefer Brawl any day though. Simply because of Dedede. Falco, Zelda and Ganondorf are in Melee, but simply aren't the same.

doublesmileyface1.png

Lol, Ike sucks, fact. I have no idea why he's placed mid tier, he'll be lower as the months go by. King DDD is great though, I agree his dee's pwn. :thumbsup:

In melee, Ganan is... great, at least compared to brawl. Falco is god, and zelda is half decent. I like melee though, I'm actually playing it much more than brawl, trying to be good at that too. I love the combos, especially with marth and falco. \'

inuyashakent-2.png

For some ridiculous reason I like Ganon better in Brawl than Melee. And I'm better with him in Brawl than Melee. :?

I suck with Falco though, I tried picking him up near the end of my Melee life, but I didn't really like him. Once again, I think I'm "better" with him in Brawl than Melee. Zelda is questionable, I never really used her in Melee. She hasn't changed that much though.

Ike supposedly fits my playstyle, but I can't get anywhere with him. Other than abusing Aether over and over.

doublesmileyface1.png

For some ridiculous reason I like Ganon better in Brawl than Melee. And I'm better with him in Brawl than Melee. :?

I suck with Falco though, I tried picking him up near the end of my Melee life, but I didn't really like him. Once again, I think I'm "better" with him in Brawl than Melee. Zelda is questionable, I never really used her in Melee. She hasn't changed that much though.

Ike supposedly fits my playstyle, but I can't get anywhere with him. Other than abusing Aether over and over.

They have a much larger learning curve in melee. But then again, who doesn't?

inuyashakent-2.png

Fox was too fast for me in Melee, so I didn't like him much. I also didn't have anyone to play Melee with, so I didn't play it much. The main reason I play Brawl is because it has online, if it didn't, I wouldn't play much at all.

And if anyone wants to play, NOW IS THE TIME!@!@/@23!/ OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHO#"@#$#$l5orjkuiohgfodmglosdf$

seriously what about pikachu and sonic?

are there threats?

what is this new obsession with metaknight?!

will everyone be obsessed with marth next!?

Pikachu and Sonic are DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The threats are SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

Metaknight has a LOT OF YUM YUM!!!!!!!!

Marth is like a BUNNY MAN!

are there threats?

Your obviously new to smash, not just this thread. We we're discussing about Metaknight, and his weakness. (Or lack of.)

inuyashakent-2.png

are there threats?

Your obviously new to smash, not just this thread. We we're discussing about Metaknight, and his weakness. (Or lack of.)

ive always hated him, what's so great about him

Just remember, this is the guy that spazzed out on the "Nintendo, a Console for Children" thread. -.-

And honestly...Read?

doublesmileyface1.png

Speed. Top in the game.

Air game. Top in the game.

Damage racker. Top in the game.

Combo ability. Top in the game.

Edgeguard. Top in the game.

Recovery. Top in the game. (Rob is gimpable)

Seeing a pattern...? Everything else is at least average, most of it very good. Such as Ko.

inuyashakent-2.png

I had a huge brawl fest with a bunch of my friends last night, it was so fun. Anyway let me get to the point. I found a new character that I really like. Yes I know it seems to happen a lot with me. :roll: I'm actually really good with him, or so I think... :| Caxis is going to like this ( or not..)

[hide=My new best character is...]R.O.B!!!![/hide]

I seriously think he should be higher up on the tier list, just another reason why those lists are not so good. It doesn't really matter since we all don't like tiers anyways.

prospektssigza4.jpg