Thoughts about 99's limit

amid

Looking at highscore table, its easy to see how many players reached 99 level in most skills and alot of them proceed much futher to 20, 30, 40 mil xp. For instance best smither in game got about 57 mil smithing xp.

According to my calculations, he could be 113-114 smithing lvl - is it not amazing ?

Its definitely huge amount of hard work, which should be rewarded. But whats happening in fact ? Players who got so much xp cannot use it to get richer/stronger/faster etc.

Thats why I propose to remove 99 limit at all skills to allow players develop themself much in future. Just imagine new types of ores to mine, armor to smith, new fishes to catch, new amulets to craft. Game will get new fresh impulse to exist. Cause high leveled players are "gold fund" of our comunity (without any sarcasm) and if they will see no perspective to play and quit, game will become poor.

Maybe someone remeber exiting moments when BlueRose13x got 99 smithing ? It was euphoria, like first human space fly :D

After that break-through all players get Goal - to get Rune 2 handed sword. It was hard to get, I remember it, lol

Dont tell you dont wanna feel it again with new awesome stuff ;)

Now here is my proposal: lets discuss this suggestion from all sides

Great... so those people can have even more money???

A level 99 miner/smither can already make full rune, and then sell it for 200k. Thats means they could make 3 or 4 full sets of Rune with a full inventory of Runite bars. Thats like 600k-800k per inventory. I understand that eventually everyone else would be able to make new stuff too, but I think it would be an even greater gap bewteen the already enormous one bewteen the rich and poor. I'm level 71 and I only have 50k :cry:

Not to completly contradict what I just said, but I can only think of one update for mining/smithing that's needed: Making dragon weapons/armour. Of course, you would have to have like level 120 smithing before you could even make dragon bars. The only problem is that being able to make Dragon weapons would severly decrease their value. This would be good for the poorer people, but it would really hurt the merchants.

It seems that you not completely understand me.

I also doubt that you realise amount of work done by rune miners and smithers. Cause as you say "full inventory of rune bars" requires at least an hour of mining, switching between worlds, risking to be pked. And its only to mine rune ores. About rune smithers ... they earn almost nothing, just compare prices for rune ores/bars which they have to buy and weapon/armor which not so fast to sell ...

About your poorness ... I dont mean anything abusive, but its your problem. With your 66 fishing level and membership, you could make 200k in a few hours, just catch 1k lobbies at Catherbery and sell them at forum they will be bought at 180-200 each even when raw.

Recurring to high leveled players I would say that they earn not so much, less then they should. Its well known, that most money in Game made by merchants. With all respect to all merchants who perform important social role, I would remind that Runescape was created as skill-based game, and most power should belong to most skilled people.

Unfortunately there is opposite situation, when person with large amount of cash, staying all day at Varrok (often with so called "autotrader" :evil: ) able to earn much more money then who got really good skills. All these transform Runescape to money-based game, which means complete distortion of original idea. I think if Jagex would make money based game they could create text-based exchange simulator :lol: I'm not abuse Jagex stuff, they do very much to make Game more playable, I just offer more drastic way, imho

As I said, removing 99's limit should return situation to normal, and people will pay more attention to skills which more intersting than meaningless moneymaking ...

PS: I was merchant myself and I see very well how moneymaking killing spirit of Runescape

I agree that if the limit of 99 was taken off and new things could be made at higher levels the game would be much more enjoyable for the higher leveled players

However this would lead to an even bigger divide between very rich and poor within runescape, and would lead to alienating new players from the game and make them less likely to enjoy the game and become members.

I've been playing now for some time and reached lvl 92. But I must say that I am not really bothered that there are higher level players have more expensive stuff or more money. I never was bothered at any level and I doubt that i will be when I am gaining levels.

So maybe it would be good if levels would go higher than 99. Higher levels will have something to look forward too, and i will not be jealous...i promise...

Looking at highscore table, its easy to see how many players reached 99 level in most skills and alot of them proceed much futher to 20, 30, 40 mil xp. For instance best smither in game got about 57 mil smithing xp.

According to my calculations, he could be 113-114 smithing lvl - is it not amazing ?

Its definitely huge amount of hard work, which should be rewarded. But whats happening in fact ? Players who got so much xp cannot use it to get richer/stronger/faster etc.

Thats why I propose to remove 99 limit at all skills to allow players develop themself much in future. Just imagine new types of ores to mine, armor to smith, new fishes to catch, new amulets to craft. Game will get new fresh impulse to exist. Cause high leveled players are "gold fund" of our comunity (without any sarcasm) and if they will see no perspective to play and quit, game will become poor.

Maybe someone remeber exiting moments when BlueRose13x got 99 smithing ? It was euphoria, like first human space fly :D

After that break-through all players get Goal - to get Rune 2 handed sword. It was hard to get, I remember it, lol

Dont tell you dont wanna feel it again with new awesome stuff ;)

Now here is my proposal: lets discuss this suggestion from all sides

she got it in semi privacy, she tried to get it alone with afew friends but a crowd of noobs was there but they never knew it happened

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I have always thought to end leveling at 99 was a waste. Some of us are capable of counting higher :) so I agree, open it up. I would love to be able to level higher in mining without drinking a stout :)

BTW, the person who think's the 99 smiths already own the game haven't paid attention to the miners who gave them the ore in the first place ;) With that said, it would be interesting to see better things smithed someday.

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat

Guest r3dh3adkid

i think if they allow you to pass 99 that prices on alot of items will drop...but thats just me...

On-Topic: I don't see anything wrong with letting people earn levels higher than 99. Personally, i doubt I'll ever have a skill to 99, but for some people, 100+ levels in a skill would be good motivation for them to keep playing. That would make the game a bit more open-ended, that's for sure.

I seriously doubt that Jagex would take off the 99 level cap though.

Off-topic: Nice to see you're still around, Amid.

Here's the truth in my eyes:

When Jagex created Runescape, they set the bar to 99, thinking "No one will get to full 99 in a million years!" But now, Zezima has almost accomplished this. What happens when he reaches max levels? There will be virtually nothing left to look forward to, but doing some new quests, and MAYBE getting a new skill (which he'd quickly level to 99 anyways)

My point is, now that the "nearly impossible to reach" bar has been reached...it is time that it be raised. After all, it's not everyday you can hear someone say "I have 57,000,000 experience in smithing."

Such accomplishments deserve such rewards.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

But now, Zezima has almost accomplished this. What happens when he reaches max levels? There will be virtually nothing left to look forward to, but doing some new quests, and MAYBE getting a new skill (which he'd quickly level to 99 anyways)

Zezima got banned from what I've heard so it doesn't look like he ever will achieve this.

Guest r3dh3adkid

But now, Zezima has almost accomplished this. What happens when he reaches max levels? There will be virtually nothing left to look forward to, but doing some new quests, and MAYBE getting a new skill (which he'd quickly level to 99 anyways)

Zezima got banned from what I've heard so it doesn't look like he ever will achieve this.

if zezima got banned then how does he keep getting levels and exp -.-

Its well known, that most money in Game made by merchants. With all respect to all merchants who perform important social role, I would remind that Runescape was created as skill-based game, and most power should belong to most skilled people.

Exp = Time = Money

Tell me why people who get exp should make more money then merchants? Merchant's don't get exp - they trade that in for money :).

Anyway, I suppose you never met one of the various insane rich stakers.. The top ones of them used to have comparable bank worths to richest merchants. I'm not too sure about the situation on that now, but I'm sure it shouldn't be much different now.

Don't forget about the slayer richness either. Those people got way too rich way too easily.

Ugh, i hope 99 is the limit, i been firemaking like crazy.

:lol:

Power to the level 99 firemaking pyro-merchants! ;)

Nah, we don't need skills beyond 99. I'd rather see Jagex introduce new skills, giving new/other players a chance to be the best in a skill too.. Much fairer then extending on a skill where only the top players can (massively) profit from.

Have to have some limit or else some people will never be able to stop playing. :P

People will eventually get bored of it. I mean, once you get into the 100s or so, it will take ages to gain a single level. People will eventually just quite due to the HUGE ammonut of work required. Even the hardcore players will eventually get sick of it. This would just give them somthing to look forward to after laboring for days making rune.

Possibly they could at least allow us to go to level 100. That makes much more sense... and mabye moove rune plate up to 100 instead of being able to smith it at the same level as R2Hs and legs.

Dunno if any1 still looks at this topic, but here is what i have to say.

1st If Jagex either put new skills in or higher skill total lvls, they could get more people to pay for members so they could get huge stacks of cash (ie: only members would be able to make dragon). I mean really, if u spent like 1 year getting high enough smithing to smith dragon chains, you could earn all the money u put into it back in a week or so. Wouldn't that be awesome? I would spend 2 bil (i wish i even had 1m :P) to be able to get 1 bil back in a week.

It's not that easy. Consider combat skills. How hard you hit comes directly from your strength level. Imagine how hard these players would hit. It means the strongest NPCs would become more accessible, which in turns means more rare drops, which in turn affects the economy... etc. Then you have the combat lvl which wouldn't be capped at 126 anymore, which leads to other issues in the wild. Then you'll have players for whom virtually no quest is hard... etc.

There are a lot of consequences you haven't thougt through. For regular skills, it's a different problem, mainly some having the monopoly when it comes to making the high-lvl items, which leads to excessive amounts of money... etc. And we now know Jagex wants to get rid of excessive richness in RS.

Final point: your argument is based on "too many people at 99 already". Ok, so why is there any reason it won't happen again with a new higher cap. It'll only take longer, that's all. Then the same problem will be there. You can only raise it up to a point, not indefinitely. Just like you can't have no limit at all. For the reasons explained above.

The solution to your problem is more skills, not higher levels in existing ones. And I am not saying that just because we're all waiting for carpentry and farming. I mean in the longer term.