Death Note

Maleficus1055

I finished it a while ago, adult swim (late night cartoon network) has it dubbed on Saturdays also.

off topic, spell Yagami backwards.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the manga quite recently, and it really wasn't my thing.

It's horrendously slow and the time that I've spent reading that manga could've been used on watching other, better anime or reading other, better manga.

It didn't make me sit on the edge of my seat like Darker than BLACK, it didn't make me cry like Clannad or Haibane Renmei, it didn't make me laugh like Lucky Star or Nodame Cantabile... it was a truly static experience; I didn't feel myself getting involved in it in any way at all.

Disappointing at best and I can't see why the fanbase keeps having orgasms over it.

Not going to read any comments because I just started watching and I'm through episode 3.

This is a great anime! (and i hate animes)

I think the battle between L and Light is a tough one with both being geniuses. Although I think L is just a bit smarter. I loved the Lind L. Taylor scene, that really got me into it.

1288581197250-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I take a potato chip....

AND EAT IT!

Anyway. Death Note is boring. It's overrated and pointless; fangirls and fanboys ruin it also.

Except that was one of the great scenes in it. That and the swimming lessons at the end.

There are a few ways to improve DN, though;

[hide=]BADEND.png

Moebook.jpg

MoeL.jpg

And some swimming lessons for good measure;

1196799129270.gif[/hide]

knkcopy.jpg

Except that was one of the great scenes in it.

imo one of the best scenes was the Lind. L tailor and subsequent :o moment at the end of episode 2.

in the first live action film, right at the end, with the crisps, that was pure death note awesome as well.

Tk5SF.png

The best scene/s, by far, were the ones where Light had to outsmate Naomi Misora. The reason I loved that show was because it always took a bit of thought to follow the genius of both Light and L. Getting to literally see the cogs turning in Kira's head as he was forced to calm himself and figure out how to beat this woman who would lead to his end, seeing him think under that kind of pressure, it was just awesome. Ohba has to be some kind of genius to be able to create this characters and the scenes they're in.

That's also one of the reasons that I hated the last part of the manga/anime- there thought process was almost never shown. Unlike the first part, the end of it was all about Kira and his enemies simply knowing each others moves, without any explanation as to how they do... duuullll as [bleep].

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The best scene/s, by far, were the ones where Light had to outsmate Naomi Misora.

oh yeah, completely forgot about that. When he finally does it, and then asks her if she wants to use his phone, just to mock her, that was brilliant. And the way she walked up the gallows was truly truly beautifuly done.

oh yeah, and the part when Light "returns" in the helicopter. Although they ruined it with the dub, this JUST AS PLANNED!! moment makes lelouche look like a novice.

Tk5SF.png

The show's ok, I prefer Naruto Shippuden or the current Bleach arc, the one with the Espada. (Not the filler arc thats going currently.)

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Expanding on my "sexy anime" comment, I have also to disclose that this is indeed, an anime which is of a sexy nature.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

The show's ok, I prefer Naruto Shippuden or the current Bleach arc, the one with the Espada. (Not the filler arc thats going currently.)

Please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll.

knkcopy.jpg

Please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll.

Seconded...

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Seconded...

Sorry to disappoint you. I dont troll. Go cry about it if you want, but I prefer those two over death note.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Sorry to disappoint you. I dont troll. Go cry about it if you want, but I prefer those two over death note.

Well this topic isn't about how much you love Bleach over Death Note so yes, most would consider it trolling.

Anyways, I'm almost finished with the series for the 3rd time and am going to read the mangas.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

i finished reading the entire deathnote manga in one day.

it took a few days to watch every episode of the anime though. also, alot of my irl friends are deathnote fans. in my science class, i was away when we started a group assignment. when i cam back i was played in a group, all of whom were deathnote fans already and i had no [bleep]nig idea till one of them pulled a leatherbound deathnote out of their bag that they used for drawing in... lol

also, i cant wait for the movie thats coming out

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Read it in Japan this summer, and I have to admit I really liked it. I do believe Light is definitely smarter than Nell or Melo, though.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Read it in Japan this summer, and I have to admit I really liked it. I do believe Light is definitely smarter than Nell or Melo, though.

No way! Possibly smarter than Mello (because his emotions influence him too much), but definitely not Near. Remember, Light had the easy part in this, imagine how much harder it was to trap and convict him.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!