GE Buying Limits

limdogs

We all know about the 25k buying limit for lower prices items on the ge, but there are other limits that are less for more expensive items. For instance, you can only get 100 tele tabs within a certain number of hours. Also anything bought must wait 4 hours before selling the same item back to the ge. I recently tried to buy 25k orbs of a type and got exactly 5k of them so I wondered if this is the buying cap for enchanted orbs. This made me wonder. What other limits are there on other items? Is there a 100 items limit for rares? sara swords? or 5k? If you know of any other limits or hidden update rules that seem to fit into this category please post them here. Maybe we can make a list or a chart of some kind.

Might as well start compiling a list to get an idea of what the limits are. Examples will be given in ():

armour 10 now?

100 armour (iron plates), swords (whips), seeds both herb (avantoe) and tree(palm), rares (pumpkins), raw materials (swamp lizards)

5000 summoning 2nds (yak hide, water tallies, water orbs)

10k range ammo (cannon balls,bone bolts), feathers

20k chins red or reg

25k runes (waters), combo runes, coal, pots, ect,

30k airs

Well, it looks like recently they reduced the number of items from 100 to 10 each for some kinds. Looks like we need to start all over for these... anyone know if the other items were affected?

limdog.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25K cap on ALL runes, including water. 100 cap on all non-raw materials, minus a few they missed. As a rule of thumb its also 25K for raw, excluding 10K for bone bolts.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

25K cap on ALL runes, including water. 100 cap on all non-raw materials, minus a few they missed. As a rule of thumb its also 25K for raw, excluding 10K for bone bolts.

As I just said I got 30k airs all at once just earlier this week.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I find a hard time believing that. I've personally experienced the limit on waters, chaos, death, dust, fire and a few other runes I've forgotten. Why would they omit just air?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I find a hard time believing that. I've personally experienced the limit on waters, chaos, death, dust, fire and a few other runes I've forgotten. Why would they omit just air?

Possibly because air is necessary for so many more spells as compared to the other elemental runes. Air is needed in pretty much all of the basic offensive spells.

Possibly because air is necessary for so many more spells as compared to the other elemental runes. Air is needed in pretty much all of the basic offensive spells.

I doubt it. Look at the trading items on the front on the Grand Exchange database page.

DeviledEgg24.png

Does anyone know the deal with seeds? I tried buying 300 of avantoe seeds and I got instant 100 at max. I'd have to check back later to see if it increased or not.

100 per 4 hours, non raw material (I guess?) Either way, I'd like to see you use more then 100 avantoe every 4 hours...

DeviledEgg24.png

Does anyone know the deal with seeds? I tried buying 300 of avantoe seeds and I got instant 100 at max. I'd have to check back later to see if it increased or not.

I believe herb seeds and tree seeds have 100 per 4 hour max. I keep getting 100 palm seeds every 4 hours myself.

limdog.png

Wow didnt realize they put caps on that. :ohnoes:

Its to stop price-control.

If people with enough money could buy all of 1 thing at maximum price, the price would raise and they could then sell at normal price (which is actually lower then the maximum before). This way it stops them from buying everything traded and makes it so that other people will get some of the stuff every few hours.

sig.jpg

Are summoning items, herbs and their seconds, bars, cannonballs, and other similar non raw materials considered high volume?

EDIT: What are the ranging "ammo" weapons considered? i.e. arrows, throwing knives, darts, javelins and etc.

The limits are pretty much determined by player experiences trading in the ge since most of these limit were hidden updates. This is why I wanted them posted here so we could get a sense of what item has what limit. For example: If I know that b2p tabs and house tabs have a 4 hour limit of 100 each, you can bet ardy tabs which I dont buy would also be 100 per 4 hours.

limdog.png