The Lost Library RPG ( Entrance "Exam")

Harakiri

Welcome to the world of the Lost Library, where everywhere you turn, you can find adventure. Deep within the confines of the Lost Library you will find a journey beyond anything you have ever experienced. As the new recruit for the Lost Library, you will first have to take a test. Long ago, Archimage, the man who has run the library for the past five hundred years, had bound a demon named Xarosen into a dagger. Now, that demon must be defeated to prove you are worthy of being a member of the Lost Library. Before you get tested, you must first know the rules of the library.

RULES:

1. Biography: Before you can even consider entering the library, you ,must be interviewed by Archimage. Archimage will want you to answer the following:

Name:

Class: (Warrior, thief, magician, ranger, drifter)

Richness: (Poor, middle class, upper class, rich)

Armor: (what kind of armor, or clothes, do you generally wear?)

Weapon: (Main Weapon)

2. Leveling up: At the start of the game, everyone is level one. To level up, you must face monsters. Each monster you decide to face will have a set number of experience you can gain. To gain this experience, you must kill the monster, and not die. When you gain a level, you also get five more hitpoints. Everyone starts with ten hitpoints. At first, you will need to get 20 Xp to level up, and every time you level up, the previous amount of Xp you had to reach will be doubled. So:

Level 1: 20

Level 2:40

Level 3: 80

Etc.

3. Fighting: Throughout your adventures in the Lost Library, you will need to face various enemies in combat. Combat is a generally easy system:

3 levels or less below you: Automatically kill

1-2 levels below you: They will hit you between 1-2 HP

Your same level: A 50/50 chance of hitting, and they can hit up to 3 points off you.

1-3 levels above you: You can kill, but can hit harder, up to 6 hp.

More than 3 levels above you: You will automatically die.

4. Bosses: Throughout the adventure that awaits you, you will face bosses. These bosses always have weak points, or sometimes have environmental elements that can be manipulated to easily defeat them. Most bosses are found in the story, but sometimes if you stray into a dungeon to train, you might find one.

5. Limitations: Too keep you from leveling up to fast, your character can only face four enemies at a time, unless doing a quest. If he/she has met that limit, he/she must go back to doing the quest, or have a period of rest, that lasts eight hours (measured in of course by the earth hours, so if its 1, you cannot fight another set of monsters for fun till 9)

6. Magic: Everyone can do magic, but most magicians focus on one element to work with. The elements you can work with at the beginning are Water, Earth, Lightning, and Fire. Each has advantages and disadvantages, that you will find out about during your adventures. After reaching level 25 as a magician, you can start using advanced magics (as any other class, you must wait until level 40). Advanced magics include Angelical, Dark, Earthly, and Godly. Each will be explained further as we progress.

7. Death: In the event that you die, you will either be sent to heaven or hell depending on your alignment. In heaven, you can easily return by doing a task for Sarradomin. In hell, its a bit different. You will have to do a certain task, anything from fighting hellhounds, to sneaking around Zamoraks castle. After the task is done, you will open a portal, allowing you to return to where you left off.

8. Alignment: Based on decisions made in the Library, you could either be good or evil. You start neutral, and can decide by doing something either good or bad. By helping bad guys, you are getting a spot as an evil person, by helping the good guys, you are getting a spot as a good person. You can change anytime, but it is solely depending on you.

9. Maps: Maps will show you what the area looks like. Also, everytime there is a map, it will show where NPC's are located, and where monsters are located. I will point out the levels and how many Xp you will get from it.

Mu next post will include the first map, and descriptions of NPC's, and your first batch of monsters.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

untitled.jpg

This is the map of the Lost Library's first level.

Its mostly comprised of irregular bookshelves. Both circles are podiums. In the alcove to the right, is where Archimage resides. He will give you quests and useful information. Speak to him to start a new quest or for info on the current one.

In the right top corner, is Blue Jay, he is just there in case you have nothing to do and want to go on a monster hunt.

On the other side of the Bookshelves, we have Ratchet. He is there to aid you in fights.

And at the bottom, we have Xewleer, who will send you off on quests if you want something to do.

More maps to come.

QUEST 1: THE BEGINNING

Archimage scratches at the parchment on his oaken desk with his quill, lightly dabbing it into the bottle of ink when needed to. As he scrawls on the paper, his assistant, a Miss Tiffany Cordone walks down the steps leading to the second floor, bringing with her a couple people, each scratching their head and wondering where they are. Archimage puts his quill in the ink bottle and chuckles, opening his arms in a gesture of welcome. As he shakes hands with each of the people, he then asks his assistant to line them up so he could interview them...

Objective: Give a bio in the format above, so Archimage knows a bit more about you.

Name: Hawk

Class: Ranger

Richness: Middle Class

Armor: Studded leather armor with boots and fingerless gloves, as well as a mottled green-grey cloak. Kind of like the rangers in Ranger's Apprentice.

Weapon: A short sword and a long sword, both can be wielded at the same time.

Hey, this sounds pretty cool. Anyways, here's a bio:

Name: Emmett

Class: Magician (Fire specialization)

Richness: Upper class

Armor: Deep blue silk robes, inscribed with golden symbols.

Weapon: Polished, twisted oak staff with a red orb at the top, held in a knot of oak roots.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

A couple more bios from other people since you cannot join into a game until I say that more people can pile in. I am sure Archi wants to make a character.

Wait,no race?

Name:Ekellstreep Tellsea

RACE:Wild-elf and Sun-elf union.

Class: Cleric.The holy healer sort.

Richness: Poor,Vow of Poverty...

Armor: Pretty old and cliche,but he wears robes.

Weapon: Either his spells,or a club he carries.

Oh,and Hawk,I didn't really like Ranger's Apprentice personally,so if you don't mind telling me what is the interest to look for,I may be able to like it...I dunno better.(Lol ranger noob,Biorent would be embarrassed)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Can I describe the NPC, Blue Jay?

Give him a background. You know, that sort of thing

Oh, and could I give ideas for Monster Hunts too?

Anything having nothing to do with the RPG must be underlined. You must create a different character...sorry...Make a guy named bob or something...No telling me how to do my RPG! Only Archimage can do that!

Edit: And no smilies...have you even read the rules? No smilies because they are distracting!

Can I describe the NPC, Blue Jay?

Give him a background. You know, that sort of thing

Oh, and could I give ideas for Monster Hunts too?

Anything having nothing to do with the RPG must be underlined. You must create a different character...sorry...Make a guy named bob or something...No telling me how to do my RPG! Only Archimage can do that!

Edit: And no smilies...have you even read the rules? No smilies because they are distracting!

Ok, Ok. /cry

Name: Brayen

Class: Magician

Richness: Upper Class

Armor: Red Dragon Scale Vest. Black Dragon Scale Pants, Fingerless Gloves and boots. Red Bandana. Small Blue Armband, with the logo of the Toronto Blue Jays, high up on his left arm.

Weapon: Dagger or War Staff

Also, I am usually seen on a Tiger Mount, though this may not be allowed in the Library

Smilies are allowed in OOC, just not while playing a character.

Anyways, this is gonna be cool. When, where, what are we starting?

lSEHB.gif

You know, I was going to say that. But, I already stressed on Rules enough in Varrock Library, so I might as well give someone else a chance to :D

And, I do believe it starts on June 18th or 19th, though I am probably wrong

Name: Langz

Class: Drifter

Richness: Middle-class, I have enough cash to get buy, what with my

Armor: All sorts of odds and ends - most looted from the corpses of his targets and screwed with so they fit me.

Weapon: My pride and joy, Teh'Ranon. A giant-[wagon] morningstar.

This should be fun.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Either this afternoon (central time U.S) or tomorrow...whenever I can get around to it, because I'm reallybusy...Thanks for the bios! I'll start ASAP...

Archimage lines you up in front of him, and brandishes a thin black dagger with a red crack along the middle. He then turns and looks to each of you in turn.

"Please enjoy your meeting with Xarosen."

He suddenly plunges the dagger into each of your eyes at lightning speed. Each of you are now in a dark cave. There is a light at the end, but behind you, you find a large room full of growing green rocks. You hold an oddly shaped rock in your hand, and as you throw it in the air, you nick yourself in the palm.

"OW!" You say.

Suddenly, a laugh is heard, and you feel something pierce your chest. You look down, and see a glowing arrow. You feel like you want to pull it from your chest, but think its a bad idea.

DECISION: Go to the light, or the room with glowing rocks.

Take arrow from your chest, or leave it.

Emmett stares around at his companions in the cavern, then down at the arrow protruding from his chest. Examining it further, he reaches down to it and, with a quick, sharp tug, pulls it from his chest, incanting a minor spell to cauterize the wound as the arrow is removed. He stashes the arrow in his small sack slung over his shoulder, and stares around, taking good stock of the situation. He then turns toward the light and walks towards it, trying to find out what's going on.

lSEHB.gif

Hawk takes a look at the arrow embedded in his chest and figures that, while it can't be hurting him, as he's still alive, it would be best to remove it. He does so with a quick pull and applies pressure with his hand while he also chants a quick spell to heal the wound.

He didn't like the look of the rocks, and the fact that they hurt you when you picked them up didn't help either. Hawk headed after Emmett into the room of light.

Brayen watches as the first two walk towards the light. He looks down at himself. He notices the small arrow. He casts a healing spell, and the arrow fall out of him. The small hole where it was, repaired by the magic. He takes the arrow, places it in his sack, and continues on into the room.

Brayen, a Druid at heart, is different than the rest. He walks toward the glowing rocks, trying to figure why they are glowing, and why they hurt you when they are picked up.

Langz peered at the arrow protruding from his chest. Not having any healing spells on hand, he decided it was better to have a glowing stick in his gut than bleeding to death.

Taking stock of his surroundings, he decided to head into the rock-filled room, thinking that while curiosity killed the cat, the light at the end of the tunnel could turn out to be a siege-tower. He walked slowly after the man with the knowledge of healing spells slowly, trying not to jiggle the arrow in his chest.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Ekellstreep left the arrow in his chest,but poured some healing water on it all the same.He took the club out of a seam in his robes,and prepared a spell mentally.(Suddenly I remember clerics can have domain...He's Death and Air)

Cautiously,he takes a few steps towards the room with the glowing rocks,because they looked shiny,and [puncture]ed his curiousity.Then stopped.Ekellstreep took a look around at the men he had arrived with.Two headed for the light and the other two were headed in the same direction as he.Not very conclusive,but he made a decision.

He changed the spell he was preparing,and instead prepared an object levitation(with the help of the AIR around it...)in case there was a monster in there(so he can shoot rocks at it!).

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

"Take the arrow out" Brayen told Langz as he noticed he had been followed. "The only pain you shall recieve is from the arrow, nothing more."

Brayen's hands started to glow green, waiting for Langz to remove the arrow, or rather if we was going to remove the arrow.

He grimaced, and took hold of the faintly glowing shaft. He looked into the man's eyes, which shone with the reflected light of his Healing Aura. He saw the man smile faintly as he wrenched the arrow from his body. Langz moaned a little as he felt the soft kiss of the spell upon his chest. Casting the bloodied missle aside, he nodded a thanks to his companion.

"I am Langz, and I am indebted to you, stranger. My weapon shall be your guard."

With this, he hefted what seemed to be no more than a [bleep]ed lump of steel on a stick, though it seemed to exude a feeling of power.

"Let us investigate these strange minerals, friend."

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Ekellstreep,only a foot or two behind,cleared his throat.He then stepped forward so that he stood near the rocks.He completed the spell he had prepared earlier,and lifted a choice rock in between him and the men.

Using one hand as a focus,so that he could use less focus.And with his other hand,he kissed his holy symbol,hoping for some protection.Then,he motioned for them to approach,hoping the would trust him.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Brayen bowed his head towards Langz, "I am the Druid Brayen. You keep me safe, and I will keep you. Nature, it watches us. The rocks, the trees. They all can protect us." With that, he cast another spell, on both Langz and himself. "If anything attacks you, you will now be protected by the Nature Guardians"

As he said this, he noticed a man walk up from behind Langz. He pulled out his dagger, with the Mark of the Eagle (Mark of the Eagle gives me better vision while holding and gives a slightly faster responce time). He noticed the man, one who he set out with.

"Welcome, friend."

At the light, you find an arena, where a dark menacing figure stands, eating the flesh of dead bodies, he stares at you and suddenly, the cave closes, and all doors in the arena are closed off. A sword falls into your hand, and the figure laughs.

"Another human Archimage has sent me to feast on."

Xarosen: Level 28

Easily defeated by a specific spell that can only be used in the arena. The wall has many clues on it to what this spell might be...

Wall: ~~~MMM

In the room with the rocks, the door closes and the ceiling begins to come down on you. Suddenly, you notice a lever outside of the wrought iron bars of the door. Your only hope is for your companion to defeat Xarosen, and get you out. A rock protruding from the ground seems to be the only way to hold the ceiling for at least a period of time. It is only six feet high, and is not too thick. You seem to only have about six minutes.