The Lost Library RPG ( Entrance "Exam")

Harakiri

Sorry guys, I was gone for a while. Anyway, I'm in. I guess I'm in the cave now.

"Why hello, Emmett. I'm Aris. Nice trick." Aris replied, pointing at the ball of fire floating in front of Emmett. "Well, I was out jogging around town, like I always do, in full combat gear. I need to stay in shape; I'm not retired yet. Anyway, I noticed a pile of rocks I had never seen before, and I saw that they were surrounding a gaping hole in the ground. Then I heard a huge rumbling noise coming from the duel arena, and then I saw an angry mob marching down the road. They didn't look too friendly, I can tell you that."

"They weren't," said Emmett. "And did you say you came down here through another entrance?"

"If you mean the hole, then yes. I decided to check it out, so I dropped down and walked along for a while until I bumped into you. So what're you doing down here? And who's the other guy I saw?"

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You're not supposed to know our names yet...unless your frikking psychic.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

^You're not supposed to know our names yet...unless your frikking psychic.

'My name's Emmett. What are you doing down here, so far from your natural environment?'

As you were saying?

And what do you mean by 'separated from nature?'

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Sorry,forgot 'bout that.

Rangers and druids draw their magical abilities from nature.As in trees,the forest.The further you get the less power you have,so city campaigns are not too good for druids and rangers.Though rangers ARE able to dual wield and use long-ranged weapons,I suggest you use those for now,until we have a more natural environment.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Sorry,forgot 'bout that.

Rangers and druids draw their magical abilities from nature.As in trees,the forest.The further you get the less power you have,so city campaigns are not too good for druids and rangers.Though rangers ARE able to dual wield and use long-ranged weapons,I suggest you use those for now,until we have a more natural environment.

First, I must say... YOU GOT PWNED...

Ok, now with that out of my system, Druids FTW!

Ok, now really, Since I am the gamemaster... And I like my Druid (which Dragoonson controls :o ) Next quest will probably be in nature :D

Apologies, everyone, for a lack of participation this last week. I've been away at camp, and forgot to tell everyone where I was going. My bad. Unforunately I'm going back next week, so I'm just gonna take myself right out of the story for the next week and a half. Until two Sundays from now, I'm out. Dragoonson or Llamster, one of you can take over my character for the next week and some, or if you don't feel like it, bring in some slightly believable way to put me out for a good while.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I wouldn't mind...Like all I have to do is cast a ridiculously long spell then finish it,killing the enemies right?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I wouldn't mind...Like all I have to do is cast a ridiculously long spell then finish it,killing the enemies right?

You want Klankaos's character? I think you have enought to deal with (Brayen and Yourself)

Yeah.She's not that busy currently anyways.

Can you please force us to do something?Klan?Llam?You have like 23 hours.If you guys have nothing I'll just go ahead and end our mission.I mean,by completing it...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

You want Klankaos's character? I think you have enought to deal with (Brayen and Yourself)

Yeah.She's not that busy currently anyways.

Can you please force us to do something?Klan?Llam?You have like 23 hours.If you guys have nothing I'll just go ahead and end our mission.I mean,by completing it...

So right can I at least finish this first?Because Ekellstreep is most likely going to be out cold in this next quest (needing one person to stay behind???)But currently what of Alpha Alpha?I dunno what to do with them,except Brayen you know trying to talk to the black knight...Thats what druids do tbh.

Ekellstreep,having introduced himself,grabbed Zerg and ran forward,the two men following behind.At the end of the tunnel,they found a wall.Cursing,Ekellstreep opened his mind to the Air Deity.

"There is more air behind this wall,its in the open."Ekellstreep told Aris (Aries?) and Emmett.Pushing hard on it,the three men between them managed to push through the loose sand and found themselves in the courtyard of Kharid Castle...

That finishes the mission right?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Emmett snuffed out his ball of kerosene with a flick of his wrist, causing a small puff of smoke. He looked towards the entrance of the castle and saw the hordes rushing around near the spot where the group had disappeared, and thought it prudent to shut them. He cast a minor wind spell, causing the doors to shut seemingly of their own accord. He then turned to see three dark-clothed men walking towards them.

'We'll take him from here,' one said, with a nod towards Zerg. 'Your mission here is complete, and you have done well.' The three then grasped Zerg's arms and led him off deeper into the castle.

The world whited out... and the Lost Library came once more into view.

lSEHB.gif

Good job with finishing. Sorry, I been away and been busy and haven't had enough time to post the rest of the quests...

Alpha, the search for Blue Jay is still on (*looks in mirror again. Found me!*)

After talking with the oracle, or rather listening to him, Alpha team got this clue: He who resides in a ball of magic can help you.

For Beta team, Archimage appears infront of them. He is standing on the podium, with the lights at his back. "Excellent. You all gain 2 levels for helping Zerg..." He paused. "Oh dear, it seems Alpha team is having troubles tracking Blue Jay. Why don't you fellows help them? They are at Ice Mountain."

Decision:

Stay and Rest (+ Stamina for next quest)

Help Alpha (Maybe extra xp involved...)

'Bluejay, I would like to aid the alpha team in finding this person of magic. I'll go with them.' He waited patiently for Bluejay's response and a synopsis of the situation with Alpha, and hopefully a teleport in.

lSEHB.gif

Just do it...

Ekellstreep watched as Emmett agreed to the appiration(Spelt that wrong for sure.)

"Very well,I shall go as well."He said,eager to see the man in action again,the power of his magic distracting...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Langz stood, steadying himself on one of the cave's many stalagmites. He walked slowly over to the corpse of the fallen Knight.

"Well done, Hawk, you certainly have the eye of your namesake," he murmured under his breath, beholding the gap between helmet and chestplate, from which was now issuing an oily black substance, not unlike tar.

He removed the Knight's helmet, placing it on the ground beside what was now revealed as some kind of demon. Its skin the red of an evil dawn, eye's which now were as empty as a desecrated tample. In death the face was steadily losing its red glow, the pigment retreating to leave naught but stony-coloured skin.

Brayen wet his lips, letting out a small whistle of surprise.

"This creature is not from these lands. Some devilry has brought it to this world," he proclaimed, bending over the figure that lay upon the ground. From around the demon's neck, he removed a simple chain of gold, with a pendant dangling from it. In it was set a small jewel, purple in colour.

"This is a Recording Jewel, if I am not mistaken. It may shed some light on where our cargo has been lost."

He touched the center of the gem, and from it an image sprung forth, cloaked and hooded.

They all took a step back, Brayen dropping the necklace as if it were afire. Langzor held his mace at the ready, in case it performed some feat of trickery.

It did nothing but look from left to right, and then it started to speak,

"Listen, spawn of evil, you have been summoned from the Nether Realms to perform us this task. You shall do it, or else your blackened soul shall be burnt to an even darker crisp and tossed upon the breeze," the figure stopped momentarily to draw breath, and to draw a scroll from within his robes.

He unfurled it, revealing an etching of a man. Blurry as it may be, the bird which perched upon his shoulder was instantly recognizable. A bluejay.

"This man is of great importance to us. You shall capture him and bring him to our Lair, in the Northlands, where all is barren and dead. Noone must know of this, so slay all who witness the kidnapping." The man tilted his head to the side, as if listening to someone from beyond the recording, "No! This man is not to come to any harm! Understood?"

With this the recording flickered and faded into the dimness of the cave.

Langzor stepped forward, and brought his booted fought down upon the gem, where it shattered into thousands of shards.

"I know where the one we seek is. There is a tower, far North, where dark Mages practice their evil magic. To there we must go, and with great haste. We do not want any more harm to come to Bluejay."

With this, he started towards the ladder.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

'Bluejay, I would like to aid the alpha team in finding this person of magic. I'll go with them.' He waited patiently for Bluejay's response and a synopsis of the situation with Alpha, and hopefully a teleport in.

Uh, you are searching for Blue Jay, Archi was the one to give you the choice.

"Very well," Archimage spoke once the two agreed to help. "I will teleport you to Ice Mountain, though Alpha might have moved on. If they aren't there, search for clues relating to where they go. Find them at once"

With those last words, still echoing in their minds, they found themselves in Ice Mountain.

Whoops. Bugger.

Emmett steadied himself, a little tipsy on his feet after the disorientation of the quick teleport. 'Hello, everybody,' he said, glancing around the room. 'Zerg is where he belongs, and we've been sent to assist you with your mission. Anyone want to give us a small debriefing on where we're headed?'

lSEHB.gif

Whoops. Bugger.

Emmett steadied himself, a little tipsy on his feet after the disorientation of the quick teleport. 'Hello, everybody,' he said, glancing around the room. 'Zerg is where he belongs, and we've been sent to assist you with your mission. Anyone want to give us a small debriefing on where we're headed?'

Pssst. No one is there... They already went up the ladder and out of the cave... Look at the post 3 above this one.

Langzor started towards the ladder, but nobody's gone up yet. I assumed I entered in as they were leaving to go up the ladder, but before they had all actually gotten up it.

lSEHB.gif

Argh. Okay, ignore my earlier post.

Emmett dashes outside up the ladder, hoping to catch the others before they get too far. As he gets out, he's nearly blinded by the glint of light off of snow, but keeps his wits enough to notice that the others are just ahead. They hear him coming up, and turn towards him. 'Hey, guys,' he says, flashing a grin. 'We got Zerg back where he belongs, and Archimage sent me to help you out. Any info on where Bluejay is? I saw that weird... thing... in the cave there. What was that all about?'

lSEHB.gif