Trimmed armor. Good or not?

Syco

We've all at some time(at least in f2p) seen some 9 year old noob with some sort of trimmed armor or special armor bragging about it. "HAHAHA I HAV BLK G". And as we all know, there really is know point in having trimmed armor besides to show off. Do you think buying trimmed armor just to show off your riches, be able to brag about it, and to look good in a game is worth it?

While I like trimmed armour (I have full black (g) myself), I often think "Why does Jagex even make this stuff?". I mean sure, it's fun to have it, but it gets annoying to people who actually want to play the game with all the noobs with special armor running around.

So, what's your opinion? Do you support trimmed armor or not?

Well, I think they made it because

1) f2p needed something to waste money on, other than regular full rune. This solved it

2) They needed something worthwhile to get people to like treasure trails, and to do them. I gotta say, I immedately did several treasure trails when i became a member, because I wanted to find a piece of trimmed armor.

I personally think the Jagex should release more just plain old armors to Free To Play members. How come we can't have dragon? I am sort of contradicting myself here though. I also think that Jagex should try to keep the amount of armors and clothes in F2p at a limit, because if theres only a few armors available, then, unless under some special circumstance, each armor will contain alot of people wearing it. If 1/3 of runescape wears saradomin, 1/3 guthix, and 1/3 zamorak, then nobody can brag about there armor, because so many other people have it to.

As for the treasure trails, maybe the should be rewarded with just money or instead of a black (g) platebody, 3 rune platebodys (or the equivalent).

Then again, that's only my opinion.

How the hell is this a debate? There's nothing to debate here. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I personally think the Jagex should release more just plain old armors to Free To Play members. How come we can't have dragon? I am sort of contradicting myself here though. I also think that Jagex should try to keep the amount of armors and clothes in F2p at a limit, because if theres only a few armors available, then, unless under some special circumstance, each armor will contain alot of people wearing it. If 1/3 of runescape wears saradomin, 1/3 guthix, and 1/3 zamorak, then nobody can brag about there armor, because so many other people have it to.

As for the treasure trails, maybe the should be rewarded with just money or instead of a black (g) platebody, 3 rune platebodys (or the equivalent).

Then again, that's only my opinion.

Simple, Jagex needs to pay their workers, F2P's play for free, therefore less benefits.

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

I believe that getting trimmed armour is a goal just like any other goal. You can use a lot of time on getting full rune(g), just like you can use a lot of time on getting 99 fletching. Why should one goal be more silly than another goal?

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

Bloodkay. I'm not just talking about the level 13's who get black (g), I'm talking about the level 67's with black (g) also. Immaturity is spread across almost every level. If you took the trimmed armor away your losing:

1. Black (t)

2. Black (g)

3. Addy (t)

4. Addy (g)

5. Rune (t)

6. Rune (g)

That's only 6 armors.

I don't exactly like newbies bragging, but to them it's expensive, as they're just starting out, right?

If there were no trimmed armors, rune armor would be the highest priced in free-to-play. So naturally, if a level 13 had rune, they would go and brag about that too, unless you have rune on.

And

Simple, Jagex needs to pay their workers, F2P's play for free, therefore less benefits.

So your saying what...? You just stated 3 facts:

Jagex needs to pay their workers

F2P's play for free

F2P has less benefits

How does this help?

It's just the F2p equivalent of a 'money sink'. Instead of only having plain rune armour (Which isn't that expensive for many people) they released slightly altered ones that only members could find in order to give F2p something to spend their (albeit slowly) rising cash pile on. Otherwise many experienced F2p'ers would just have millions rotting in their banks, at least its something to buy and 'show off' wealth.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

It's just the F2p equivalent of a 'money sink'.

Isn't a money sink where money is taken out of the game? Here money is only being exchanged. But yes, I do agree that rich f2p'ers should have something to buy, and, unlike a Santa hat, the armours are functional.

Jagex needs to pay their workers

F2P's play for free

F2P has less benefits

How does this help?

If it wasn't clear enough: On of Jagex's aims is to maximise profits, however, F2P do not pay to play the game and only contribute through adverts. Therefore, it is in Jagex's interest to get as many members as possible, as members pay to play. Now, the way Jagex do this, among other things, is by serverly limiting what is available to F2P'ers. This encourages F2P to become members. If F2P didn't have less benefits, then there would be no incentive to pay to play the game.

Syco, it appears to me that you think getting rid of trimmed armour will remove the immature players that brag and boast with them. While it would make it harder, I think that there are much more effective ways of removing such immature players.

To summarise:

Do you think buying trimmed armor just to show off your riches, be able to brag about it, and to look good in a game is worth it?

Absolutely, to a limit. Why else would people set goals for cooking or slayer? To look good in the game.

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

trimmed armor is good for showing off especially if you are ranked reli high in a special skill on ftp or w/e, you can show off your "coolness" by wearing saradomin [which is worth like 3.7mil now] and a discontinued item. im not reli getting anywhere, but i like it that we have them

What's a sig?

It's just the F2p equivalent of a 'money sink'.

Isn't a money sink where money is taken out of the game? Here money is only being exchanged. But yes, I do agree that rich f2p'ers should have something to buy, and, unlike a Santa hat, the armours are functional.

Sorry yeah I can see how that looks ambiguous. I ment that at least initially the sale of F2p tradeable items were a money sink for F2p as the money was removed to P2p. I still think it is to some effect but I can see what you mean as many of the items are now bought off other F2p'ers.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Basically, trimmed armour is just there for looks, and basically just says "Hey everyone, I'm rich enough to buy this even though I can get something that does the same thing a fraction of the price!!" There's nothing wrong with that, if you have the cash to drop.

They all fall under the category of items I like to call "bling" (Rares, trimmed armour, elegant robes)

As for the debating content, your post does sound like a rant.

Air_Dragon15.png

depends on your style. i like the look of Rune (g) as it has more of an eye-appeal to it then plain old turquoise runite. plus f2p did need to have something good looking back then. :roll:

Popoto.~<3

I believe that getting trimmed armour is a goal just like any other goal. You can use a lot of time on getting full rune(g), just like you can use a lot of time on getting 99 fletching. Why should one goal be more silly than another goal?

Yeh. Both are purely theoretical, but then again so is RS. I don't have sets though I could afford them; I'm in to practicality. Still it was a neat idea for JAGEX to implement.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

In F2P thats pretty much the only stuff you can spend your money on that isnt overly expensive lol The richer ones get rune(god).

2480+ total

To each his own. If someone likes trimmed armor, then they are entitled to enjoy it. Personally, I'd much rather save up my money for skilling because I prefer to have high skills instead of a full bank.

its juz one avenue for members to sell their treasure trails reward for a profit (back to the old days where G.e is non-existent)

i support this trimmed armour though... gotten a set of sara and thinking of differentiating myself out of the pple ard. but trimmed and gold armours are getting more and more common..

perhaps we should go back to bronze full and walk ard.. tat's gonna be special :mrgreen: