[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

What do you guys think the next class update will be? I'm hoping for soldier.

Finally got the 1st medic milestone. Only took forever!...

Spy spy spy spy spy spy spy spy SPAH!

The last thing I want is a bunch of spies running around when the update is realeased. A bunch of soldiers will be a lot of fun though.

Actually a bunch of spies running around could be awesome. Especially if they're really bad spies (which you know they will be). Especially for people playing pyro.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing I want is a bunch of spies running around when the update is realeased. A bunch of soldiers will be a lot of fun though.

Actually a bunch of spies running around could be awesome. Especially if they're really bad spies (which you know they will be). Especially for people playing pyro.

Yep. Remember the noob scout rushes a few weeks ago? Good times for the heavy and engi.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Yep. Remember the noob scout rushes a few weeks ago? Good times for the heavy and engi.

Its probably gonna be spy. Look at the tf2 stats, spy is least played(above heavy, but he was already updated) and they always update the least played class. What stinks is i cant enjoy the update until after the 3 week spy crazy period. Oh well, i havent set a new high score as pyro in a while..

soldersig.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that a bunch of really crappy scouts are running around.

And why would anyone want soldier. Soldier and demo are going to be the worst updates because you'll get soooooooooooooooooooooo much spam. Imagine 12 soldiers on one team doing nothing but spamming. Oh God.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that a bunch of really crappy scouts are running around.

And why would anyone want soldier. Soldier and demo are going to be the worst updates because you'll get soooooooooooooooooooooo much spam. Imagine 12 soldiers on one team doing nothing but spamming. Oh God.

And since they'd be updated, it would be effective spam.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Compared to a bunch of spies running around each other trying to get a lucky backstab? Atleast a bunch of soldiers would be fun!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Compared to a bunch of spies running around each other trying to get a lucky backstab? Atleast a bunch of soldiers would be fun!

They're all going to get updated eventually, so why not a class that has some originality and is some fun to play as?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I'd take the spies. Seriously, it's a lot easier to dodge and avoid a bunch of [cabbage]ty spies then a bunch of [cabbage]ty soldiers. The soldiers just need to fire in your general direction and odds are you'll get killed with more then 10 rockets in the air at once.

1 script solves the spy update. PYRO WIN SCRIPT FTW.

RAGRGRGAGGRGA HOCKEY

jjroxlu7.jpg

I'd take the spies. Seriously, it's a lot easier to dodge and avoid a bunch of [cabbage] spies then a bunch of [cabbage] soldiers. The soldiers just need to fire in your general direction and odds are you'll get killed with more then 10 rockets in the air at once.

1 script solves the spy update. PYRO WIN SCRIPT FTW.

RAGRGRGAGGRGA HOCKEY

For spies all I want update is replacing that useless revolver for a watch battery or something...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The thing about soldier update is that I'm still no good with the pyro air blast. So I wouldn't be as effective. Maybe I'll go more Heavy that week.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

The spy revolver isn't useless. It's a fairly decent weapon if you can aim it.

Oh and a group of roaming soldiers will destroy a heavy, since it's incredibly easy to hit a revving heavy. A single good soldier can often times DM a heavy with ease.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Sick first round on steel as Engi at a clan event :D

[hide=1280 x 1024]65e5b588a832e0d182ffb4d32d90c12d803afcfa.png[/hide]

I had my sentry opposite the dropdown entrance from A - B, positioned so that it would also get people trying to through the tunnel at the side too. Worked wonders once the other team capped A and all the other engis built their sentries at B.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

For spies all I want update is replacing that useless revolver for a watch battery or something...

Do you mean like the laser watch in GoldenEye 007 because that would be sweet

The revolver is awesome. Good for picking off low hp enemies, and it can pick off 125 hp classes in 3 shots, 2 if you crit. Its also very accurate, so you can snipe sentries and dispensers from where the engy cant see you. Thats always funny. So if you learn to use the revolver better, you get a lot better as spy.

soldersig.jpg

The spy revolver isn't useless. It's a fairly decent weapon if you can aim it.

Oh and a group of roaming soldiers will destroy a heavy, since it's incredibly easy to hit a revving heavy. A single good soldier can often times DM a heavy with ease.

Yea, probably. I was thinking along the lines of "they heavy can take a hit" but then realized that it can't take 10 hits. And you know at least 3 would be crits.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

What do you think is faster? Shooting the Heavy 10 times or backstabbing him once? I still want that revolver gone for a longer watch battery.

He was talking about spam from the soldier update, not the Revolver. Besides, longer cloak is stupid, there are enough ammo packs to get from one side of the map to another fully cloaked, its pointless. Why give the amazing revolver up for a useless upgrade.

soldersig.jpg

Is there a way to switch weapons quickly without it being your last weapon and not having to click? Say, for example, I'm playing pyro (didn't see that one coming) and I've got a heavy on fire, but chances are I'm going to die. My previous weapon is the shotgun, but I need my axetinguisher to finish him quickly (two hits, right?). I have to not only click 3, but I have to click my mouse key again to select it, and for some reason I can't do that very fast. The only way I can think of is to hook up a 360 controller, since the shoulder buttons autoswitch weapons, but I don't have a wired controller.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Is there a way to switch weapons quickly without it being your last weapon and not having to click? Say, for example, I'm playing pyro (didn't see that one coming) and I've got a heavy on fire, but chances are I'm going to die. My previous weapon is the shotgun, but I need my axetinguisher to finish him quickly (two hits, right?). I have to not only click 3, but I have to click my mouse key again to select it, and for some reason I can't do that very fast. The only way I can think of is to hook up a 360 controller, since the shoulder buttons autoswitch weapons, but I don't have a wired controller.

Use your mouse wheel. Becareful not to over shoot it though.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Use your mouse wheel. Becareful not to over shoot it though.

Go to Options, keyboard, click advanced. Check "enable quick switch" now when you scroll up with mousewheel, it goes to the next weapon up, same with down, without having to click to select the weapon. 1,2,3 etc. will also automatically go to that weapon. Theres no real reason not to use this :P

soldersig.jpg

Lol anyone see the aprils fools(or is it?) blog post. JARATE!

EDIT: HOLY [cabbage]! http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2394DAMN IT I WANTED SPY UPDATE

Aw, Sniper? I really was hoping for Spy this time. Not just for killing them, but I really wanted to see what they would do with it.

Also knex, you are a god for pointing out the quick switch thing.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Lol anyone see the aprils fools(or is it?) blog post. JARATE!

EDIT: HOLY [cabbage]! http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2394DAMN IT I WANTED SPY UPDATE

Aw, Sniper? I really was hoping for Spy this time. Not just for killing them, but I really wanted to see what they would do with it.

Also knex, you are a god for pointing out the quick switch thing.

Eh not really, most everybody knows about it, just helping out :P

also, i cant wait for this update. 12 crappy snipers? *puts on sniper disguise*

soldersig.jpg