Quest - The Birth of a Dragon

Danil445

Why does it gotta be an addy dragon? Most of the dragon drops don't really come from metal dragons alone. Bronze,iron and steel dragons all exclusively drop d legs/skirt and mith drags drop full helm.

Thats only 3 items, have people forgotten that a d chain is dropped by kq and dusties? and that a d axe is dropped by dagganoth boss?

I highly doubt that the next dragon item will by dropped by another level of metal dragon.

As for the crossbow I personally thought it would come out with the new treasure trails (Jagex hinting on the black cross bow)

I still think dragon bolts/crossbow will come out with treasure trails somewhere along the line. Like when they said adamant canes it say there wasn't gonna be black or rune (thats just my opinion on the cbow thing)

Anyways.. I support since you really took your time explaining it and seems like a good idea :thumbsup:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to begin with I think this is an amazing idea, and you really put it together nicely.

Easy to read with alotta good images and you've covered most of the bases, doesn't leave a lot to be questioned.

There's only one thing that I disagree with, the Dragon Bolts (as well as the Dragon Crossbow) can't be untradeable.

My main arguement would be the fact that the Dragon Bolts are a very rare drop, on an incredibly powerful dragon, and they only drop 7 - 12 at a time.

I don't know if you've ever fought Mithril Dragons, but you'd be very lucky to kill 10 in a trip with even the highest of levels.

So essentially for the Adamant Dragon to be worth killing at all, you'd need the rarest drops to be tradeable, or no one would bother grinding it to get the weapon.

blacknwhitecopy-1.png

RS Tag: Sombra3292 | Clan: Caminus | 360 Tag: MN KMK

So to begin with I think this is an amazing idea, and you really put it together nicely.

Easy to read with alotta good images and you've covered most of the bases, doesn't leave a lot to be questioned.

There's only one thing that I disagree with, the Dragon Bolts (as well as the Dragon Crossbow) can't be untradeable.

My main arguement would be the fact that the Dragon Bolts are a very rare drop, on an incredibly powerful dragon, and they only drop 7 - 12 at a time.

I don't know if you've ever fought Mithril Dragons, but you'd be very lucky to kill 10 in a trip with even the highest of levels.

So essentially for the Adamant Dragon to be worth killing at all, you'd need the rarest drops to be tradeable, or no one would bother grinding it to get the weapon.

OR I could make Dragon Bolts a 25% chance drop, so you could get 14 - 24 a trip (they are powerful). Also, Dragon Crossbows are untradeable because they are so powerful. But you're right on the other side, I need to get another rare drop to be dropped...

Proud owner of the Quest Cape since 31/08

M200.png

Quest suggestion: The Shadow of a Delver

I like it, so that counts as a support \' :thumbsup:

just a bit of constructive criticism, or my two cents.

[hide=agility requirement issue]whilst i appreciate the difficulty of 86 agility, i feel it is a bit too advantageous to have.

I feel you should kill a brutal green for a key, and a shadowfiend for a key, and the shortcut takes you to the shadowfiend room.[/hide]

[hide=untradeble ideas.]I feel it being untradeable is not good, as it will take away from a huge point of monster/boss hunting.

I feel there should be both an untradeable and tradeable drop.

E.g. an imperfect, damaged or tarnished version, which has weaker/ different effects, to make people who hunt get better versions of weapons. although this maybe not, going out on a limb to compromise both our feelings. this would require everything to be self assembled, mahogany self cut and fletched. (In terms of programming jagex proved they can easily implement a "hidden" function to show if something was self assembled or ever exchanged player to player hands in "recipe for disaster" with the dirty gnome drink)[/hide]

[hide=enchanted dragon bolts.]you will need to come up with either a new gem to tip and enchant, including ability, or suggest that it changes the effects of the higher leveled (diamond+) even if it only be amplifying the effect, or increasing chance of effect, accuracy and strength, seeing as the difficulty of these weapons.[/hide]

[hide=Pure proofing]Finally, there needs to be a form of pure-proofing it, a combination of total, specific and combat levels, as well as quest points. (or a tariff system, whereas once you get enough "points" from total and combat level, assuming you have either all or most specific levels you can get in. to stop pures/tanks from dominating mid level crater with the "ultimate" dragon bolts and crossbow, which would be a lot stronger.[/hide]

but thats just my two cents, i really do like the post and i hope you take my suggestions into consideration.

Current goal: 94 mage (85).

Proud owner of Quest cape, While guthix sleeps completed 3rd january 2009.

• 2 weeks later...
Supported by me

Nice, Maybe with addy drag we might also get dragon platebody seeing how we got dragon full helm with mith drags

A bit off topic but, you just know soon enough they are going to release a dragon pick axe.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Supported by me

Nice, Maybe with addy drag we might also get dragon platebody seeing how we got dragon full helm with mith drags

A bit off topic but, you just know soon enough they are going to release a dragon pick axe.

Where did you read that? I think there's more chance of an Obsidian Pickaxe, as dragons do not mine (do they?) and TzHaar does.

M200.png

Supported by me

Where did you read that? I think there's more chance of an Obsidian Pickaxe, as dragons do not mine (do they?) and TzHaar does.

Do Dragons WoodCut? ::'

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I like it (i support)

There is one little nit-picking thing that i have noticed though.

Its scales seem to be made of Adamant.
Taken from the examine section?

The metal used in RuneScape isn't called Adamant it's Adamantine. So it's scales would be made of Adamantine. The name of the dragon wouldn't have to change but the examine probably would.

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

I like it (i support)

There is one little nit-picking thing that i have noticed though.

Its scales seem to be made of Adamant.
Taken from the examine section?

The metal used in RuneScape isn't called Adamant it's Adamantine. So it's scales would be made of Adamantine. The name of the dragon wouldn't have to change but the examine probably would.

Li Chef

Very good point.

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

i support as a ranger for the dragon c'bow but 4mill...to much my man as a rune c'bow is only i think 9k so say along 62.4-70k as a better estimate

Then no-one wants to hunt those dragons... :wall:

M200.png