Zombea

FalconBomba

OOC: Sorry, been busy and regular heavy storms like to blow out the power when I'm making these messages. -.-

Welcome to Zombea, and in the farms, maybe look for some food, a farm animal, get to shelter. It's open ended, do what you want/must do to survive.

ICC: 'Falconer rushes to the nearby quike-mart, eyes darting to see everything. Seeing no undead in the small quick-e mart, he quickly storms through the aisles, grabbing medicine that is on the far-back aisle with guaze-tape, asprin, and disinfectant. He then packs bags with anything he can find that might be remotely useful including batteries, flashlights, bags of chips, candy, bread, water bottles, and extra plastic bags. Quite soon he realized he had far too much than he could carry. Going back in the store, he took the fold up tables that were in the back and extended the legs. Flipping it so legs came up, he put the bags on the front two legs so they wouldn't be smashed on the ground. Then, he took picked up the front by an indentation and pulled the table along the ground capably and continued to drag his findings back to the station.

Total:

10 bottles of Asprin

3 packages of Tylenol

4 rolls of guaze-tape

3 bottles of disinfecting gel

5 packages of soap

1 spray-on bottle of deoderant

3 bags of assorted trail-mix

12 Resse's normal candy bars

2 bags of chips

3 loafs of bread

9 bottles of water

4 Coke'a'cola bottles

3 small flashlights

4 packs of gum

21 AA batteries

14 AAA batteries

3 D batteries

1 newspaper

23 plastic bags

and a worn fold-up table.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Well, alrighty then I figure the time it's taken must have been close to 13 hours anyway.

ICC: Teach rushed through the last of the farms. It was getting dark, and fast. He could see the brooding shape of the Wal-Mart in the distance, no more than ten minutes away. He continued to walk, and stumbled over a bush of what appeared to be strawberries. He gathered up a handful, and continued his walk.

As soon as he stepped onto the sidewalk (not that there was much of one left), he heard a massive "MOO!" Dropping the strawberries and bringing the pipe to bear, Edward sighed with relief when he discovered it was merely a pair of cows. Thinking quickly, Teach checked them both - Healthy, disease-free, and both different sexes, as far as he could see. They even had what looked like reins attached to them. Apparently some fellow had been desperate enough to ride his cows! When he started to walk towards the superstore, Teach noticed something was wrong with the female cow. She had trouble walking, and her stomach sagged. Teach wasn't sure what that meant, as he was not familiar with cows. Deciding it would be better to get in the store safely and then take care of it, he rushed the animals inside - and then wished he hadn't. A pair of zombies were feasting on the corpse of a pair of humans. Teach saw a pistol on the ground, and edged towards it. The zombies still hadn't seen or smelled him, until the heifer let out another loud moo.

Yelling and swinging the pipe at the closest zombie with his right hand, Teach groped about frantically for the pistol with his left. The pipe was heavy and unwieldy - he'd barely done any damage to the zombie (OOC: Damn dice :P) - and he would not survive if he didn't reach the pistol.

OOC: Little help here, guys? Thought this would be a good way to meet.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

OOC:Sorry,if you're that far from the Walmart,and we're similarly far from the Walmart by the time we get there you're probably one of them...Oh and when you roll the dice you're rolling against something.Say d20 vs 17...(Damn Alanmark,Hawks...)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: Well, I didn't really know what we were rolling against. What's the strength of a stumbler? I just figured 12, and hit a 2... :?

And I thought enough time had passed, I wasn't sure if a lot of time in real-life meant a lot of time in-game had passed. >_<

Meh, I'll do some rolls once I find out the zombies' strengths, and if I die, I'll make another character...Who may or may not be exactly the same. Don't judge me :P

OOC: Two stumblers, time to FIGHT! Here's what your going to roll against.

10hp each

5 armor class (have to roll higher than this to do damage.)

Now fight! You have initiative.

If your not familiar with dnd, now is the time to learn as I plan to put some small puns in soon. Also makes it easier to play with dice.

ICC: 'With darkness falling Falconer pulls his table into the police station's doors. Seeing the others inside he closes the door, locks it, and hauls his supplies to the blockade he made in the corrider leading to the cells. "So, good hunting? I see we have a lot more supplies than we did down here. Or have you seen any undead?"

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

OOC: Alright, let's get this on! I'll say the lead pipe has 1 item strength. Plus I'm unskilled with it. Crap. Well, I'll go ahead and re-roll for my first hit, since now I know what I'm up against.

ICC: Teach shouted and leaped for the handgun, swinging his pipe at the back of the first zombie's neck. He was rewarded with...A loud snap, and the zombie falling to the ground! (First hit: 16! I'm throwing the total in, it's 11 with the armor rating. [OOC]) Teach was too slow to block a clawing from the next zombie, and was injured fairly badly (Got hit a four :? ). He knew any more hits like that would take him down, and viciously swung the pipe at the zombie's head. Teach wasn't ready for the pipe to go right through the zombie's head (14), and if flew through the broken glass doors and onto the grass outside. Unfortunately, the zombie was not completely dead, as its brain was relatively unharmed. It lunged at him, but only a passing tooth snagged his shoulder (1 damage). By then, Teach had grabbed the handgun. Praying to anything he could think of that a round was still chambered, Teach swung the pistol around and pulled the trigger.

A 9mm slug tore through the zombie's remaining bits of skull, effectively putting it out of action for good. However, this made a lot more noise than Teach would have liked, so he replaced the magazine inside the weapon with a fresh one and began to walk his new-found animals back out into the street. It was dusk, and night was very soon to come. Feeling desperate, Teach hopped on the back of the bull and started to urge the animal towards the fire station - the most easily defensible location he could think of. Feeling dizzy, he tore a strip of cloth off of his shirt and made a makeshift bandage around his stomach to stem the blood flow. He was surprised that it took a mere four minutes. Hopefully he'd be able to make the center of town before night fell - no more than an hour away. So he rode on.

OOC: I hope I did it right...Surprised at my luck with the rolls. Here's to hoping I reach you all before night.

Growing tired of his exercising,Vladmir made his way to the (wherever our main "base" is...),to see another small pile of things.Vladmir cracked his joints,grabbing some tools that may be essential for bomb-making.

"Hey can one of you guys come with me to WalMart tomorrow?There's a huge list of things I'll be needing,and we're probably going to have to get more ammunition."

OOC:First,he's foreign,so he knows little of American(as I do) and second,be aware I'm planning maybe one or two zombies to be there.Please Faclon make them the easy ones now lol.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: I"LL HAVE TO MAKE HORRIBLY HARD! LIKE 14billion hunters. :lol: The base is currently the police station.

Teach better get here soon to make use of our disinfectant and big bandages.

ICC: '"Sure, I'll come to Walmart tomorrow; probably more food there. We should probably use the big truck to haul everything we find."

said Falconer tiredly. "Well, gotta get back to my watch station."

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

OOC: Coming D:

ICC: Teach heard quiet shufflings, and put his pistol at the ready. After a quick scan revealing no hostiles, he ushered the bull and heifer pair towards the town square. He heard quiet talking at the police station, and mushed the pair of animals hurriedly. When he reached the station, he knocked quietly at the glass doors. They were barricaded, but he could see a faint amount of light in between cracks here and there. After several minutes without a response, he went to the garage, and knocked once more, only a bit louder. It was more dangerous around the garage, as there were no lights, but his animals would surely notice any zombies coming too close. He knocked again, this time a bit louder, with his pistol at the ready for whatever may be inside.

'"Well, seeing as you brought all this stuff, the only thing I would see you fit it all in is a moving truck that they rent at home-depot."

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Vladmir walked back to the cell he shared with Hawks,he was slightly bored,and he had a small stash of weapons there.Arriving at his destination,he squated by his bed,removing a tile under it.Choosing a crossbow and a few bolts he had fashioned from the trays they gave, (Mythbusters!) he walked to the entrance.Turning his head to see if any zombies were coming,he noticed a man,a live man standing dangerously close to the land mine,knocking on the door.

"Hey,careful!"He called out."The land mine is for zombies,not humans.If you die I'm looting your corpse and using you as zombie bait."(Thats you,Blackbeard)

He loaded the crossbow and had it ready,in case he was hostile.Vladmir ran to the gates,opening them,still ensuring the land mine was not stepped on.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

"Oh, thanks. It's good I didn't step on it, I have some valuable stuff," Teach said, motioning to the animals. "Is there a safe place for them? I think the female is sick or something, her stomach is really distended."

Poking the animals who got too close to the landmine away and sighing,Vladmir made small talk with the man."I'm Vladmir,I came from Moscow in Russia,and I've been inprisoned for 10 years here,for arson and terrorism."

OOC:Tomorrow we're going to Wal-Mart,you and Hawks will have to look out for zombies...Mainly you though,Hawks is (leaving?Taking a break?How do I put it?) soon.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: Well Hawks isn't the only one, I have to go to a funeral for my cousin's uncle. Didn't know him but my parents did. Sorry to leave it hanging. Be back by sunday.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

OOC: Yeah I'm not sure what to do... Can one of you accidentally knock me out or something? That seems the best thing to do at this point, I'm leaving Sunday and won't be back until the 19th.

OCC:The words landmine and cherrybomb come to mind...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC:Does that mean I can do it?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: I may have misunderstood the skill creation thing, but when it says i need 2 points to advance to 1, and 3 to advance to 2, does that mean total, or what? Like to advance to 5 in a skill would it go 2,3,4,5,6 meaning 20 points total, or would it be just 1 point per upgrade, plus the extra point to start the skill? I'll guess it's the one that it takes 20 points to max out a skill.

Name:Lisa

Class:Civilian

Skills: 2 in basic construction, and two in basic firearms

Basic History: (Brief or long as you like.) Lisa was a pilot, who was relocated just days before the attack, and previously had worked in her fathers handmade furniture store, explaining her basic knowledge of construction.

(Starting in suburbs, I know i'm going to do something wrong, since this is my first time in ages, but here goes)

Lisa walked to the top floor of her house, and peered out of the one unblocked window. Again, there were no zombies in sight. She knew she would have to leave her house soon, she was running out of food, and it wasn't too safe. She figured the zombies wouldn't find her here, since there were possibly hundreds of other houses surrounding her own. All she had left in her house was some canned food, clothes, various pieces of furniture, though most of them had been used to block doors and such, and a pick up truck she had refused to let the military take, unfortunately though, the pickup was old, and low on gas, though she figured it could get her across town before it ran out of gas.

Lisa decided she would have to loot some nearby houses for food and supplies. She took a medium sized chopping knife she had once used for preparing large meals, and stepped out of her house, leaving the door unblocked, but closed and locked. She knew here neighbors pretty well, and she thought she knew where she should go, to Mr. Heston's house, a few streets over, he had always been overly paranoid about robbers, and such, and he might have some useful things.

Lisa jogged there and within a few minutes she was opening the door to his house. It was empty of both living and dead, as she had hoped. The first thing she did was go to his toolshed in the back yard, take out a cart to store things in, and look for supplies.

In the shed she found, and took :

1 box of nails

6 2x4 planks

2 medium sized flanel bags

1 Shovel

1 normal hammer

4 cartons of gas for his chainsaw (chainsaw itself was broken, blade was heavily damaged, so she left it)

1 Sledgehammer

She loaded all those onto the cart and went back inside. She searched the house thoroughly for half and hour and found and took the following things:

15 canned foods (various)

2 jugs of water

an old, but working shotgun

14 shells

A revolver

A holster & belt for revolver

6 shells (in the gun)

A baseball bat.

Two 30 ft. coils of rope

The shotgun and shells were the most important find, she had found them on top of a shelf in his basement, with the shells in a box, and another box with the revolver under his bed.

She loaded all of these things onto the cart, they all fit, but barely and she slowly made her way back to her house, though it took much longer this time, as things kept falling out of the cart. She got home without seeing any zombies, re-barricaded the door, and loaded most of the supplies into the back of her pickup truck, with the exception of the revolver, which she kept on the belt, which she was now wearing, and the shotgun, which she left in the front seat of her pickup truck.

For the rest of the say she set up simple traps around her house, using the ropes, which she had covered with nails so they would atleast do a bit of damage to anything walking through them. She made simple trip wires, so she could at least hear if anything was coming into the house. This took several hours to complete all of them, and she figured she would go to sleep then, so she would be well rested the next day.

OOC: Next day I might try to get to the center of town or the commerical area. I hope I didn't get anything too unbalancing, and I figure the truck won't have enough gas to get to a gas station, only to the center or commercial district. Or if car is too unbalancing it can break down at some point.

Ok thats it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC: Nah, doesn't sound too unbalancing. This is supposed to be fairly realistic after all, and most people keep cars at their houses. See you at the police station! :D

Also, so are we going to knock out Hawks for a while? Because if you don't want to waste a land mine or something, we could say he snuck up on me and I accidentally pistolwhipped him. Whaaatever.

OOC: Up to you really. how bout he just trips and hits his head. And can you do something in character so we can continue :)

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC:I'm going to do it...Have to force you to read,so I won't tell you how.

Vladmir had made sure all the animals were in safely,and he had brought the newcomer to Falconer too.With nothing else to worry about for now,he headed to the recreational centre,where he found Hawks.

"Hey."Vladmir said,most of his accent had disappeared,but he still had some.

"Hey."Hawks replied.

"Care to have a chin-up challenge,my friend?"Vladmir said,glad he had kept his past in the Red Army a secret.(Yes,he's a commie.Well,was.)

Hawks,knowing his cellmate's competitive nature,agreed.The men had agreed that they would both do chin-ups together,so the count would be the same until one gave up.

"One,two,three..."They counted.About 25 in,both men were tired,but Vladmir was able to hide it more.

"You're not even tired!"Hawks noticed,though he was wrong."I give up."

Without the safety measure of straightening his arm first he let go.Landing on the unstable ground the bars were on,he slipped,knocking his head on a particularly well-placed rock.

"Oh dang!"Vladmir realsied,he let go of the bars (safely) and went to help Hawks.Checking for a pulse,the man was alive,but knocked out.He dragged the limp body to Falconer,hoping the guard would know what to do...

OOC:How's that?No waste of my damn landmine or cherrybomb.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]