Zombea

FalconBomba

OOC:I meant more like a parallel thread,and my idea is well,we kind of get more than zombies... :lol: (Don't worry,I won't influence this side)

ICC:Vladmir sat at the top of the towers that used to seperate him from his freedom.Studying the town,he noticed a lot of houses around,along with a Wal-Mart.Wal-Mart!

Running down all the stairs and finding himself tired out,he found Teach."Edvard,"He said,accent slightly altering his pronounciation."Lets go to the Wal-Mart,I may be able to make more explosives,and we can pick up some wooden boards..."

Grabbing the man by his wrist,Vladmir pulled the man out of the prison,ignoring the truck,planning to get one from the store.After getting some items they needed,(well,all the things Vladmir needed,Teach hasn't had his turn yet =P) the list was something like this:

3 scopes for a M40

2 M40's

A "frikking" 12 gauge

"Laser" pointer (Finger quotes)

Some D&D books (what?Entertainment!)

10 6 packs of Red Bull

10 6 packs of Carlsberg

10 Desert Eagles

2 M21's (No scope)

A kilo of Black powder

A similar amount of Arsenic

15 2*4's

A little surprise that weighs a frikking 15 kilo in total

50-75 rounds of ammo in each weapon

With two carts full,Vladmir turned to Teach.The man was holding some cans of SPAM,which reminded him of books.Lazy to look for that aisle,(if it existed) he climbed the shelves next to him.Seeing 3 Stumblers,he quietly climbed back down and sneaked to Teach.

"Three Stumblers,Comrade"He whispered,grabbing a Desert Eagle for himself and Teach...

OOC:What?I did say I was planning it...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: here for one last hour. Wal mart doesnt sell pistols im pretty sure, only hunting shotguns and rifles, but doesn't matter.

I think I'm still at the station right? well I'll just start to build more barricades for the two rl days im gone, and can act as an npc defending the station

And if you don't want to read all of this, there's a summary at the end.

ICC:

Lisa had volunteered to stay at the station while some of the other went out to wal mart, and she had told them she would start on making so barricades in the front entrance, so zombies would have a tougher time getting in. The first place she went was the store room in the police station, to see if there was anything useful she could use. She scanned through it for a while, and found something that could be very useful. An unopened box of 5 security cameras that had not been installed yet, apparently. They could be hooked up to any screen in order to monitor them. Also in the storage room, she found a lot of power cords, which she could use to power the cameras.

Normally the cords would go through the ceilings, but she didn't have the equipment to do that, so the cords running along the ground would do. She attached the cameras to the following places: the small overhang just over the main door, the wall right above the garage door, one in the cell block, and she kept the other two in case she needed to put them somewhere else ever. She used the power cords to connect all the cameras to outlets, and now all she had to do was find a tv of some sort to use as a monitor. All she managed to find in the building was a computer , but that might work better anyway, even though the screen was smaller. The cameras could connect without wires to the computer. She turned the computer on, and she was able to see the live feed from the cameras, alternating between the cameras every few seconds.

Now that that was done she started making a barricade on the main entrance.

In total she took from the stuff they had got in the past:

60 ft PVC pipe

All the PVC connectors

2 jars of PVC glue

100 ft chain-link fence mesh

12 10x10 pieces of sheet metal

6 10x10 ft 1/2 plywood

2 Tires.

18 2x4 planks

6 end caps for PVC

Plus all the nails they had gotten.

Firstly, she took the sledgehammer, and nails that were long enough and made 6 10x10 sheets of two layers of sheet metal, on top of one layer of plywood, then nailed them together. It was hard to get the nails through the metal, and it took about an hour to finish, she managed to do it.

She then took the PVC pipes (pipe was in sections of 5 ft) and brought them out to the front area outside the station. She put the pipes together into 6 10 foot sections. She lay them down outside, a bit away from the main door. She went back inside and got her shovel, and the sledge hammer and a ladder from the supply room. She spent about three hours and dug six holes that were about 2 feet deep. The holes were separated into two lines about 10 feet apart, with each hole about 3 feet apart feet apart. Once she was done she put the pvc pipes into the holes, then filled the holes so the pipes were secure.

She took the sheets of metal and wood she had put together earlier, and put the sheets of metal against the sides of the lines, and in then put one in the front, leaning against the first pipes of each line. She attached the sheets to the pipes with some of the pvc glue, which ended up working on keeping the wood attached too.

So far she had created 3 sides of a small guard post.

She took one of the three remaining sheets of metal and wood, flipped it over so the metal was facing the ground, and nailed the 2x4s to the wood side, so it was more sturdy. She climbed up the ladder, carefully carrying the floor she had just made, and rested it on top of the end caps of the piped. She then applied the pvs glue, as well as using a ton of duct tape, to hold the floor in place. She went up the ladder, and stood on top of the floor, and jumped up and down. It held fine. She had just a few things left to do, she went to the top of the tower she had made with a hack saw and cut a hole that was about 2 and a half feet wide, and long in the center of the floor. She went down the ladder again, and on the side of the tower wall that was facing the main gate she cut a strip out with the saw that was about 5 inches high and about two feet long.

That was a view someone could look through, and shoot through if they needed.

She only had two things left to do; she took one more sheet of metal and wood and placed it against the final uncovered side of the tower, and attached it. She went back inside and got a smaller ladder, that was only 10 feet tall or so, and brought it outside. She leaned it up against the side of the tower, and climbed up the other ladder. She picked up the smaller ladder, and slowly pulled it up, then put it down into the hole in the center of the platform on top of the tower. She climbed down it, and there was now a small room inside the tower. She climbed back up and she was done.

She spent the rest of the next few days making various barricades inside and outside of the station.

OOC: SUMMARY:

She set up security cameras in the building, and built a tower. the tower is about 10 feet tall, and you can climb up it with a ladder from the outside, then on top there is a platform with a hole and a ladder going down into the center of the tower. In there is a little room with a hole in one of the walls where a guard could look out and shoot.

And, i'll be gone till friday. bye.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC: I'd have put up a zombie strength and health list thing but, I've got a plan that they'll slowly get stronger by natural selection if you know what I mean... BOOM HEADSHOT! The parralel thread isn't a bad idea, but they'd have to be mutally seperate, I don't want to mix them other than location. Maybe like a five years later kind of thing. Or an attack on an outlying settlement to the army colony in the Rockies.

ICC: '"Crude! Where do these things keep coming from?" He shouted, he'd emptied his clip into the group a few minutes ago and was out of ammo. He peered out over the barrier to see six stumblers attacking short barriers and vending machines, working their way towards him. "Why can't they just walk over the landmine?" he thought, "Maybe some level of intelligence left..." He picked up a sturdy piece of wood he had been using to make the barricade stronger earlier and tied one of the knives from the office to the end, waiting for them to get close enough to spear with his makeshift weapon and hurling small gravel size; stones which seemed not to hurt them so much as daze for a short while, and every second may count if the others delay too long.

OOC: They found the base... I'm gonna start building later, maybe spend some points on construction later. I've been working on a layout of our place, by the end of the week it should be done. (Gamespace, after all this time in blender is a little awkward. But not currently good enough to use Blender for this.) Two stories, and the basement cell.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

OOC: Ergh, knew we shoulda fortified Wal-Mart a little. I have no idea what sort of damage a Desert Eagle should be doing on here. I'll say 7, since in actuality Desert Eagles use slugs near the same as a rifle.

ICC: "Okay, here's what we do," Teach mumbled. "Knock over the shelf, then shoot anything that moves." (OOC: Since Wal-Mart shelves are so heavy, if any of them get trapped under them they won't be able to get up very quick, even if they live. I'll say I'll use a d100, and if it hits under 25, they'll be hit and killed. Under 35, stunned for a turn. Hope no others are nearby. This will be loud.)

"Now!"

The pair used makeshift levers to knock the shelf down. (No zombies crushed :() They both opened fire with their pistols. Teach's first shot tore a hole through the nearest stumbler, knocking it down and nearly killing it (8). Vladmir's nearly tore off the head of the furthest one, instantly killing it (11). Teach pistolwhipped the other one (15 damage. Whew -_-), whilst Vladmir shot a slug into the first one's head (9), finishing it. "Hurry comrade, we must get back to the station!" Vladmir shouted, grabbing the cart and running for the nearby exit. Teach ran ahead of him with the 12-gauge, prepared for anything to pop out.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

OOC:No idea what to do with that now...So I'll work on that parallel thread I wanted...I'll edit this?

[hide=Think of a cool title for this.I'm thinking "The Horde"]Sinol.The humans call it Zombea,but no matter.Its the crossroad of the universe,link between all dimensions.We've been trying to claim the land for our own,but the humans have held us off for five years,and have walled up their town.We have retreated to the edge of their world to the doorway to ours.Reinforcements have been claimed,and this dimension shall be ours as well...

[hide=Crazy Monsters you can be]

Zombie-Evil men who sold their souls to us.Fools.These are our basic attack unit.Not very strong,smart or fast but in large numbers we can easily conquer human towns.These units learn quickly and absorb it like a sponge.Almost as if they ate brains.If a zombie dies,so does a soul.

Souls-Souls of the evil men we "bought".These units are smarter than their previous hosts,but they can't attack.For the most part souls cannot be attacked,only light-based weapons work.They can join up with a zombie to upgrade into a Wight,probably the only way either unit is made useful.If a soul dies,so does a zombie.

Wights-A soul fused with a zombie.These units are similar to the Prometheans.Once fused,a soul cannot seperate with its host until the wight is defeated.These units have a fraction of the soul's intelligence,and some of the zombie's flexibility.Once a wight is defeated,the soul is knocked out of the zombie,and the zombie is knocked unconscious for a coup de grace.

Stealers-Similar to the so called "vampires".These suck blood out of victims to heal the entire horde,but cannot be healed themselves.If the victim is left without cure for 20 hours,the victim becomes a stealer himself.Incredibly intelligent and fast,they are easily defeated by most weapons,though light kills them instantly.Are able to transform into mist or a bat,the former able to survive in light,but without access to other powers.Upon death they disintegrate into mist,and disperse.

Transformed-Similar to what they call "were-creatures",these units are incredibly strong and tough.An unchecked bite from a Transformed would give the Horde an additional pair of zombie and soul within 20 hours.Upon death their corpse cannot be moved or decomposed until a full moon.

Half'ers-Half demons or angels,these have no special powers,other than their ability to fly and not require air.Most effective as ranged units,these are extremely hard to kill,with good constitution and speed.Decades of in-breeding has caused them to weaken up close and be stupid.They turn into ash upon death[/hide]

[/hide]

Alright that's what I got for now...Any ideas please tell me,though I'm not too sure how to include the Firstborn into it...

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: Firstblood do you mean? We don't really know what they are in Zombea since no one has encountered one and lived. (I know what they are but it's a surprise. ZOMBIE PINEAPPLE WARRIORS! Oh dangit, told too soon. :lol: )

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

OOC:Should we skip to us returning from the damn Wal-Mart?I'm bored...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: I have some ideas for falcon to add to the range of stuff we can do/explore.

Firstly, we are on an island somewhere, that is only connected to the mainland by a bridge. Cliche, but it works. The bridge is down, but if we ever repair it or find a way to get across we can explore more areas.

Maybe add a school/college somewhere, and a movie theatre.

More zombies. Because I think so far only one person (teach) has been damaged at all ever.

That's about it. I can't really post more till someone gets back from wal mart

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Then lets just skip to that point...Please I have nothing to do either...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: Let's have some fun with this. I think you said you didn't bring the truck to wal mart.

ICC:

Early that day lisa had taken the last plate of metal and wood, and made a handle out of some scrap metal and attatched it to the back of the sheet. She made a similar handle, and attatched it to the wall across from the door leading into the station. This way they could attatch a rope in between them in order to barricade the door better, in case of zombies.

Later, Lisa was in the building watching the computer screen that monitored the cameras. She switched to the camera on the main gate, and saw something that she probably would have found humorous, were it normal times. Three grown men racing down the street as fast as they could pushing shopping carts full of stuff. The camera turned from side to side, and when it faced north she saw a horde of many zombies coming slowly after them. Lisa got up and grabbed the rifle and shotgun she kept next to her. She strapped the shotgun onto her back, and ran out with the rifle.

Teach, Vlad and Falcon ran past her, and she shouted at them to get into the building. She dragged the barricade with the handle towards the door. She opened the door in, and then put the barricade on the outside. By this time the three others were in and standing behind her. She shouted for one of them to get the rope, which they did. She tied one end of the rope to the handle on the back of the barricade, and the other end to the handle on the wall behind the door. The zombies would have to get through that in order to get into the building.

The zombies were still a few minutes away, they were slow.

Before they got to the building they all grabbed guns, and stood by the door, ready. Lisa told them to grab the three shopping carts. A moment later they had them, and they stacked them all behind the barricade, so the zombies would have to knock them down before getting to them. Lisa went to the room with the camera monitor, to see when they got there, and told the others to shout if the zombies got in. Lisa focused on the camera just outside the main door into the station. The zombies just got to the door. Somehow they had all avoided the landmine, whether it was luck or not.They all just stood there, as if they were waiting for something.

OOC: Good time for a strongarm or hunter to show

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Name:Erin

Class:Doctor

Skills: Biology 2, Medicine 2, Research 1, 1 skill point, however, I couldn't find the research skill anywhere, so I took that away and gave myself two bonus skill points, which I used in diagnosis. SO: Biology 2, Medicine 2, Diagnosis 1, 1 skill point.

Basic History: Erin had just finished her internship at the hospital when disaster struck. They heard about the zombies, and everyone else left town, but she stayed so she could try to help any one who stayed.

OOC: I hope I did that all right.

ICC:

Erin woke up. As she did every day, she started to panic, she wasn't in her room. Then she calmed down again. She was in a supply closet in the hospital. There was a bit of food in the tiny room, and she had been eating it for the past week or so (i think that's about how long the story has lasted, right?). But there was almost no food left. She sighed, and decided that today she would have to go out of her safe, if small, room. She took a piece of pipe that was in the closet, held it firmly and peered through the small crack between the door and the wall. She couldn't see anyone. She took one hand of the pipe, and reached into her pocket and took out the key, unlocking the door. She slowly eased it open, looked to the left... nothing. She turned her head to the right, and screamed. There was a zombie staring right at her. She swung the pipe as hard as she could at it's head, and it's head cracked open, but it was still coming at her. It swung it's arm, and hit her heavily on the shoulder (4 dmg, i hit it for 9). Erin screamed in pain and swung the pipe one more time, this time hitting it's neck, and it's head snapped off to the side and collapsed. She stepped on it's head to make sure it was down. She put her hand to her shoulder, it was bleeding. She needed to bandage it fast. She got to a room that was used for operations, and grabbed some bandages, and wrapped them around her shoulder. It took a few minutes, but nothing else showed up. She took a defibrillator from the wall of the room, she figured she might need it some time, then she had an idea. She would go to the room where the hospital stored all lost and confiscated items, which also connected to the security room, there might be something useful there.

She went down the flights of stairs, and went to the door to that room. It was locked, and she didn't have the key, so she just swung the pipe at the door hinges, and they cracked open. She was able to force her way past the door into the room. She checked through all the stuff for a few minutes and came up with the following:

A medium sized knife, a lighter and a bunch of fluid for it, a watch, a backpack, and a some car keys. She put them all in the backpack, and walked into the security room. There was a handgun lying on the desk, and it had a full clip of 12 rounds in it. She checked the cabinets, and came up with two more clips.

She left the room and went down to the parking garage below the hospital. It was pitch black down there, so she took out the car keys, and kept pressing the unlock button, hoping she would hear it unlocking. after several minutes, she heard nothing, but them pressed the alarm button. There was a loud honking sound from the opposite side of the garage, and she sprinted over there. It was an suv, and she got in, and locked the doors. She turned on the car, and drove up to the front of the hospital. She figured she would wait here until it was about noon, and if the zombies tried to get into the car, she could easily drive away.

So she waited.

OOC: So i'm outside of the hospital now, what should I do?

OOC: Well anyone want to run Zombea? I've been unwilling to play since I believe I'm suffering from rp burnout and small child over workingness. Feel free to kill me off or send me to search for the army so I can come back later if I want. Goodbye hopefully for whenever I start wanting to return. (Hopefully in a month or so. Kill some strongarms for me.)

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

OOC:We'll take control of his character,hmm?

ICC:Vladmir hurried up the stairs of the tower where he had left Hawks,hoping to talk to his unconscious comrade about his horrible life,but instead,he found the man on his feet,and from the looks of it,slightly tipsy.

"Comrade!You're awakened!Teach and I got some guns from the Wal-Mart you might like!"

And he let Hawks lead the way back down,panting when he thought the man couldn't hear.

OOC:Best way I thought I could...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC:

I have an idea to rework zombea based on the idea that the virus called solanum infects them (see zombie survival guide book, or zombie.wikia.com)

Basically, if your bitten you become a zombie in about 23 hours.

Only way to kill a zombie is a headshot, decapitation or them being melter by acid, burned completely by fire etc. and that will kill them instantly. We would have to rework that. I'm thinking that with the 2dx system, a 10 or higher hits them in the head, killing them, a 5-9 damages them in some way, like hits their spine so they can't move nearly as well etc. and less than that misses or does nothing.

Shotguns have the ability to knock zombies down, since they are very strong, but only at close range. A shot in the chest with a high powered rifle will do the same, as will an extremely powerful revolver.

Grenades do no more than knock them over, since grenades are frag grenades mostly, fragment, which means they are designed to hit vital organs, and there is a low chance of hitting a zombie in the head with shrapnel, but always a possibility.

Heavy Machine Guns can tear them apart, but have low accuracy, so can stop them from moving or attacking as well, but it is rare to get a headshot.

Melee weapons, a sword would be good, maybe there is a shop somewhere in the town? we can look for one.

A crossbow would be excellent, as they have very little sound, and have a huge stopping power and great accuracy. Maybe there is a hunting store somewhere.

Zombies can survive underwater, since the only system they require is their brain, and the disease (solanum) has stopped it from requiring oxygen. But, zombies cannot swim, so if they fall in a river with cliffs instead of banks, they can't get out.

If we decide to we can leave town, and invent the area around the town as it comes up, but the town we are in is an island in a lake, and the bridge is out, so we need to either fix it, swim, get a boat, or fly (hot air balloon, plane etc)

All these changes sound ok?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC: Sounds good to me, as long as I get my sword. As of now I have a PVC pipe sword. Could someone give a recap of what's happened... Where characters are, I'm a bit confused.

ooc: We are all in the police station, there are zombies outside, but have a barricade set up on the main door, and they are trying to get in, but the stumblers might break it down. Vladmir just noticed you were up. We have security cameras set up, so we know what they are doing outside.

There are... A lot of zombies.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC: Looks like we have to build a helicopter. :twss:

Really though, we can't fight through too many. We have to gt out of here somehow. Anyone have any ideas? :S

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

OOC: Here's what my plan would be. Load everything into the back of the pickup truck. The backseats can fit 3, and the front can fit two, and we have teach, falcon, me, vlad and hawk I think. So they'll fit. We have to decide what to bring, since we can't bring everything. I say we bring all our ammo, guns, the computer from the office, whatever surveillance cameras that are inside/unused, so I can use them again, and as much food as we can fit in the rest, as well as medicine. We get in the car, lock the doors, everyone has a gun ready, preferably a shotgun, since we are at close range... We could drive to the airport and see if there is anything there. But the car will need gas soon.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

OOC: Hmm, I notice we have 100 feet of chain link fence mesh... Also we should bring some tools, Hawk's going to gather random smallish items.

INC: Hawk ran about the station, searching through things to find what he wanted. Packing a small bag with the items, he grabbed a few sharpies, some candy bars, a hammer, screwdrivers of both types, an allen wrench, and five cans of Amp, all that would fit. On top of that he smashed in the Torx and Hex wrenches (?) and a few packs of washers. Digging through the stuff, he found the carabiners and clipped them to anything that they could clip to except his shoelaces. He chucked the roll of rope towards Vladmir, "We'll probably need this," Then he grabbed the PVC pipe sword and tucked it into his belt, also grabbing a 12-gauge from the pile of guns.

OOC: lol we have a pile of guns.

All that should fit in a medium sized box (ooc)

ICC:

Lisa knew they didn't have much time till the barricade was broken through, it was only a few inches thick. She took the roll of chain link fence under one arm, and loaded it into the pickup. She took down all the cameras that were unused or inside the station, and loaded them into a box carefully. She also took the computer monitor, and put it with the cameras. She took the computer tower, and put it in the back seat of the pickup, someone would have to hold it. Everyone else was getting stuff at the same time. The back of the pickup was almost completely full, and the full tally of stuff was:

The chainlink fence

A pile of clothes

40 or so containers of canned food.

5 can openers

the cameras, and computer, and all the wires

A box full of tools, and rope.

A sledgehammer

They loaded all the guns, and there were two boxes of ammo, and they put one in the back, and one in the front, in case they needed it.

Lisa got in the car, she closed the door, and leaned her shotgun against the door, and put the revolver in her belt. Hawks sat in the front passenger seat, and teach, vladmir and falcon sat in the back.

Lisa said, "ok, there's a tiny bit of room left in the back, is there anything else we need?"

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain