Zombea

FalconBomba

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"oh right, I forgot to pack those" Lisa got out, and quickly grabbed them, and put them in with the rest of the stuff in the back. She stayed out of the car, walked over to the garage opener, and said "ok, is there anything else we want, this is our last chance to get anything".

OOC: Last chance till we leave.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

"Oh, wait. I grabbed something at Wal-Mart..."

Teach rushed to the back of the station, and came back with a pair of books. One was a beginners' guide to flying a small airplane, the other a Catalina's manual. "Might be useful if we get to the airport." (OOC: Meh. Bit of a cliche, but whatever :lol:)

The group got in the truck and Lisa started it. Someone had to open the door, so Teach volunteered. It would be best for someone to stand in the bed of the truck anyways, to maximize the group's firepower. He had on two bulletproof vests, four sweaters, steel-toed boots, and thick lather gloves.

"Remember, steer clear of the strongarms!" He shouted. The others nodded, and checked their lines of fire. Vladimir held a small string, and prepared to cut it. Nobody had asked what it was. Teach pressed the button to open the door and backpedaled as fast as he could for the truck.

There were no zombies directly in front of the doors. They were all walking towards the dead cattle laying in the recreation yard - near the landmine and some other questionable devices. "I had to borrow your blood, comrade!" Vladimir yelled as he cut the tiny rope. A relatively large explosion shook the roof of the garage. "Let's go! Let's go!" Teach leapt into the bed of the truck, and Lisa gunned the accelerator. Zombie parts could be seen flying through the air.

OOC: Thought it'd be a nice goodbye to the station. And the cows.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

OOC: This was totally unplanned for when I did it, but I just read what skills I had taken, I forgot, and I noticed this

Basic History: (Brief or long as you like.) Lisa was a pilot, who was relocated just days before the attack, and previously had worked in her fathers handmade furniture store, explaining her basic knowledge of construction.
That's lucky, but a book couldn't hurt.

Alternatively an option would to go to the biggest, tallest building in town, clear it of zombies, get our supplies out, then go to the supermarket and fill the pickup truck with only food and water, and then stay in that building, destroying the stairs so zombies can't get up. We'll go to the airport first though.

ICC: As they rounded the corner of the police station, they saw how much damage Vladmir's explosive caused, almost all the zombies close to the building were missing limbs, and for many of the zombies, their legs were blown off, so they were just dragging themselves by their arms. Further up the road, and past the gates of the police station there were more zombies coming. Lisa tried to steer around them as much as possible, but it was impossible to miss all of them. One zombie was thrown up onto the windshield, it's teeth gnashing at the glass, and Lisa was forced to put on the breaks to throw it off. After Lisa drove clear of the last of the zombies by a good 50 feet, she stopped the car, quickly got out, and had teach toss her the propane tank. he opened the top, and poured a line of it across the road, then took out a lighter and lit it on fire. She ran back to the car and got in. "that should hold them off, if only for a few minutes", and continued driving. The airport was luckily only a couple of miles from the station, and it soon came into site. In the distance they could see the swarms of zombies coming after them, some still burning from the propane. The pickup rammed through the fence onto the runways. There were a couple of tiny propeller planes, but those were only for single pilots, or maybe one passenger and a pilot. They drove around again, towards the hangars, and saw a huge passenger plane. "I don't think we want that..." said Lisa, It would waste too much fuel to be of much use. As she rounded the final corner of the airport's hangars, like a beacon of hope was a helicopter. It was a medium sized helicopter, but it would be able to fit all five of them, as well as some of their supplies. They cleared out of the pickuptruck, and packed in all the necessities first, the food, and drinks, then the guns and the surveillance cameras. The chainlink fence they managed to tie onto the bottom of the helicopter with the rope, and then they put in everything else. Everyone got in, and there was still room to spare, and they still had some time before the zombies got out, so they drove to the hangars and loaded as many small tanks of fuel they could fit onto the pickup truck. They also found a box filled with parachutes, which was very lucky. they drove it back, and loaded some tanks of it into the helicopter, and filled it's tank with a few more tanks. The parachutes were placed with the rest of the supplies.With the remaining tanks, they set them up at the entrance of the airport, where they had entered, and where the zombies would come to. They waited a few minutes, and when the zombies go there, a well placed rifle shot destroyed the tanks, causing a good sized explosion, killing or maiming some of the zombies.

Everyone was in the helicopter, and strapped into the seats. There were four seats in the back, and then the pilots seat and a copilot.

By this point they were all in the helicopter. Lisa opened the cabin door, and got in. Teach got in the copilot seat, even though he had no idea what to do, though lisa told him basically to just make sure the fuel gauge didn't go too low without her knowing, and to tell her if anything was failing in the engine.

She flipped several switches in the helicopter, pressed a button and the blades started moving. It was almost a minute till they started to get into the air, and they were clear of the airport. They headed towards the bridge, but then, Lisa slowed the blades and landed on top of the hospital roof. She took off the ear protectors, and shouted to the back.

"Wait... Where exactly are we going?"

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

"Well, there's rumors that the military set up base somewhere in the Rockies, probably Colorado Springs or in that area," Teach shouted above the helicopter's roar.

"We're too far from the rockies to get there with what fuel we have. There's a city about 40 miles north of here, but no airport. It's pretty big, we might be able to hold out there." Lisa paused. "If I remember right, that city has access to a river that would go straight to the ocean, if it matters. After that city, there's another one in about 100 miles, with just little towns in between. There's an airport there, we could refuel the helicopter there if we want."

They agreed, and took off.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• 2 weeks later...

Vlad was in a helicopter.He was finally out of jail,but not the way he had planned.He stuck his head out the door,hoping none of the zombies could see them.Wait,what was that.

Squinting,he saw a zombie,no two.They were about the same level as the helicopter.Then they disappeared,reapparing seconds later,rising to the same height,much closer this time.Hunters!They must have used their enhanced,powerful limbs to jump higher than other zombies!

He related this information to his comrades,and they tried to go higher...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Are you sure? Lisa shouted to the back, "I didn't think zombies could jump. Maybe it's just hunters that can"

They were in the outskirts of the city lisa had been talking about now, and had been flying low in case of an emergency landing, but the hunters made it impossible to fly low now. The helicopter roared into the city, and they could see swarms of zombies coming out of buildings and such, attracted by the sound.

Lisa shouted to the back: "We have to land on one of these taller buildings and secure it. I don't think hunters will be able to climb it if we put the proper security measures in.

She explained that they would need to get more fuel soon, and if they wanted to fit as much fuel as possible they would have to empty to copter, and only bring a few people.

She landed on the tallest building with a sturdy design, that wasn't only made of giant glass windows. As soon as the blades stopped they got out of the helicopter, and unloaded all but a few things, including a few guns and some food, in case there was a problem.

Lisa said that she would need one person to come with her, while the other fortified the building.

Vlad volunteered, and got in. They took off immediately, and flew for a few minutes till reaching the airport. They landed next to the hangar, where fuel would be stored. They rushed in, a stumbler walked up to them, but a shotgun blast to the head stopped him in his tracks. They took the cart containing the fuel to the helicopter, refueled it, then stowed as much fuel as possible in the helicopter, and even strapped a few canisters to the bottom with rope.

More stumblers had heard the shotgun and were shambling towards her and vlad, so they got in the helicopter and took off before any could get close.

The found the building they had dropped the others off on with little difficulty, and landed. They didn't see the others, they must have been inside. They went down the stairs, with their shotguns at the ready. The building was empty of zombies for the first twenty or so floors, they had to search everyone. Eventually when they got down to one of the last five stories they shouted out to the others, and finally got a response. Hawks, falcon and teach were walking around the floor of the building looking for supplies, and checking for zombies. They said they had found none so far.

They all continued down to the bottom floor of the building. The doors were solid metal, designed for looks, but they also functioned well in case of emergencies. They made sure the doors were locked, and then looked for things to barricade the windows with.

It appeared that the building was the center of a business of some sort, and there were lot's of desks and computers and cubicles. They took some cubicle walls and nailed them around the windows. They would atleast prevent zombies from seeing them, and hold them off for a bit. After that they took desks and flipped them upright, and put them against the back of the barricaded windows, to add a little bit more to blocking them. They did the same for the first five stories, though it took a long time. In total the building had 42 stories.

They would make their base on the top floor, where it was safest. They barricaded all the windows with cubicles on the top floor, as well as the two floors below that. In total this took a few hours, but it should keep them safe they thought. They kept all of their supplies on the top floor, and Lisa set up security cameras on the roof, the stairs onto the top floor, and the bottom floor, and managed to connect the wires to some of the computers, and networked them together, and left one on the top floor monitoring all the cameras.

The only thing that they had to protect now was the roof, they would have to put some sort of sheer horizontal face coming of the sides of the buildings that the hunters couldn't climb around.

If they got the supplies for that, they would also be able to further fortify the bottom floor. They also took all the fuel for the heli-copter and stored it on the second to highest floor, so it wouldn't take up too much space.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

"Uh...Guys? Our food is gone." Teach said. It was true, every bit of food had disappeared without a trace.

"How much is left in the helicopter?" Lisa asked. "About two days worth if we go light," Teach said. "This could be a problem."

Figured some drama to excite us. Whatever happened to the food? WAH WAH WAAAAH.

"Wait, that means one of you hid it somewhere" Lisa said angrily " It couldn't have been me or vlad, we were at the airport"

So it must have been either you, Hawks or Falcon." No zombies are smart enough to take our food to starve us out.

"We have to first search the whole building. We will all stay together. No sneaking off. The food in the helicopter is safe, the door to the roof is locked, I have the key and no one was on the roof."

Lisa loaded her shotgun, and lead the group through the floors. They found nothing on all the floors, though there were a few locked doors that Lisa's key wouldn't open. Presumably to supply closets or something.

They got down to the bottom floor, and then took the stairs down to the basement. No on had been there yet (that they knew of) and they saw several things of interest.

The first, was a generator. It was fairly big, and there was enough gas in it for a while as long as they only used it infrequently. Secondly, there was a closet, presumably belonging to a janitor or something. It was locked, but the key Lisa had unlocked it, and inside there were basic maintenance supplies, wires, vacuums, and tools. There was also, hanging in the back, a master key to the building. Lisa took that, and with the rest of the people in tow, she and vlad walked back up the stairs.

They would have to check behind all the locked doors.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Teach was nervous, but he could vaguely remember the tactic used to enter a room, and taught the others.

(I thought this would be a good idea to enter a firstblood - or maybe a stowaway, if we could get another person to join.

There were storage closets every 10 stories or so. They slowly made their way up the building, and had gone up through two of them, finding nothing. They also removed any useful supplies, in case they could be used for barricading. On the third floor they slowly unlocked the door without making any noise, slowly turned the knob, and pushed the door open slowly. There, on the ground was their food. It had been painstakingly stacked and organized, and it appeared to have been rationed into daily sections. Strangely, there was less food in the room then they had had before it went missing. There was, however, no sign of the culprit. They walked in to the room, and looked around.

Hawks noticed that the grid on the ventilation shaft had been removed. Lisa volunteered to look inside, and the others boosted her up, and she looked in. The grid was off to one side, and it was thick enough that whoever had displaced it would have crawled off to the other side, so as to not go over it. She asked the others to push her up even further. She climbed in, and started crawling inside the duct. It was a tight fit, but she was able to move slowly.

After a few minutes of crawling the vent turned into a larger square room, where all the vents connected. In the room there were stacks of the missing food, and carefully arranging them was a kid, he looked to be in his teens. He had not noticed Lisa yet, she was still lying on her stomach in the vent. She figured the best way to deal with the kid was to intimidate him. She eased her way out of the vent, he had his back to her. She stood up, in the small space, brushing her head on the ceiling. She took the shotgun off of the strap on her back, held it in both hands, and pumped it once, making the distinctive clicking sound. The boy snapped his head around, and let out a small yelp, and stumbled backwards.

"So, what were you doing with out food?"

OOC: Feel free to take control of me for this part

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain