Worst Slayer Tasks

Dire_Wolf

Plus they are the best Blue Charm droppers in the game and the occasional 1M drop is always nice.

And I always at least come out even on dark beast tasks. The rune weapon and armor drops + the half keys I get pay off my p pots.

Used whip + supers, praying in monk robes. Still too slow for my taste and as you already know you never should hunt for blue charms as drop rates are very low for those. I actually asked around from my friends what did they block, dark beasts was very common answer, just like hellhounds, kalphites and terrorbirds. If i don't like killing something exp rate wont mean a thing - I play for fun, if it feels like work then it's better to quit for a while.

No one said they were hunting for blue charms, however, getting 20-30 blue charms in a single task is pretty damn good. Like Outsanity said, they go down fairly quickly, especially with a cannon.

Also, 90 Slayer and monk robes? :roll:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said they were hunting for blue charms, however, getting 20-30 blue charms in a single task is pretty damn good. Like Outsanity said, they go down fairly quickly, especially with a cannon.

I got around 20 when I killed those 198, in my opinion that's far from good - yes, I know it's a lot of blues compared to monsters killed, but as blues are this rare I don't make number out of them. Bork is steady source of blues for me. I don't feel like using cannon at single either, if I had 85 mining then I would complete those, without it dark beasts are waste of time in my opinion.

92 slayer and monk robes, I haven't completed quest that gives you proselytes yet :D

Also figured out what tasks I will block.

1. dark beasts

2. hellhounds

3. Kalphites

4. Fire giants

I was thinking of blocking turoths/kurasks but those tasks are so rare that I can just use points to skip them or kill them - as it's rare assignment I don't have to use points or kill them all the time anyways.

For me, hellhounds are blocked, I would have more, but I only just started using Duradel seriously, so ahven't had many tasks to block yet.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I got around 20 when I killed those 198, in my opinion that's far from good - yes, I know it's a lot of blues compared to monsters killed, but as blues are this rare I don't make number out of them. Bork is steady source of blues for me. I don't feel like using cannon at single either, if I had 85 mining then I would complete those, without it dark beasts are waste of time in my opinion.

92 slayer and monk robes, I haven't completed quest that gives you proselytes yet :D

Also figured out what tasks I will block.

1. dark beasts

2. hellhounds

3. Kalphites

4. Fire giants

I was thinking of blocking turoths/kurasks but those tasks are so rare that I can just use points to skip them or kill them - as it's rare assignment I don't have to use points or kill them all the time anyways.

Do you use Duradel? If so, he doesn't assign Turoths or Kurasks. Also, with a Leaf-Bladed Sword, they're not so bad. ;)

Anyway, sorry if I seem a bit rude or scathing. In the end, if it's not fun, don't do it. I would personally block Gargoyles if I had space on my list, just because they annoy me to no end. They have great drops, but they're not fun for me, and that's what counts.

Slay on.

dgs5.jpg

Do you use Duradel? If so, he doesn't assign Turoths or Kurasks. Also, with a Leaf-Bladed Sword, they're not so bad. ;)

Anyway, sorry if I seem a bit rude or scathing. In the end, if it's not fun, don't do it. I would personally block Gargoyles if I had space on my list, just because they annoy me to no end. They have great drops, but they're not fun for me, and that's what counts.

Slay on.

Looks like lots of annoying tasks have been removed from duradel, yes I get mine from him.

Gargoyles could be decent option to blacklist, I don't like using rock hammer to them but they drop clues and some other ok items.

I CONSTANTLY agonize over this question. So far, I've blocked only warped terrorbirds. First chance I get, I'm blocking Jungle Horrors. I'll probably also block scarabites. After that, I don't know. I'm torn on Black Demons. I'm presently assigned Skeletal Wyverns. Never had them before. In researching them a little, I can see little reason to kill them, and some serious reasons to block them. I just can't decide whether they're worthy of one of my precious blocking spaces.

punitivedsig.png

I CONSTANTLY agonize over this question. So far, I've blocked only warped terrorbirds. First chance I get, I'm blocking Jungle Horrors. I'll probably also block scarabites. After that, I don't know. I'm torn on Black Demons. I'm presently assigned Skeletal Wyverns. Never had them before. In researching them a little, I can see little reason to kill them, and some serious reasons to block them. I just can't decide whether they're worthy of one of my precious blocking spaces.

If you use Duradel, he cannot assign Jungle Horrors. Terrorbirds and Scabarites, especially Scabarites, are great tasks if you know what you're doing. Black Demons are one of the best charm droppers in the game, and easy to take down if you're using a combat familiar. Skeletal Wyverns are slow, but if you melee them, collect the bones and bank a few times, you'll always profit on a task.

Part of slaying is know how to best deal with certain monsters. Your list is much better reserved for monsters that are impossibly inefficient, such as Steel Dragons because of their limited spawns, or Greater Demons because of the wild dogs that constantly interrupt you.

dgs5.jpg

Terrorbirds and Scabarites, especially Scabarites, are great tasks if you know what you're doing. Black Demons are one of the best charm droppers in the game, and easy to take down if you're using a combat familiar. Skeletal Wyverns are slow, but if you melee them, collect the bones and bank a few times, you'll always profit on a task.

Part of slaying is know how to best deal with certain monsters. Your list is much better reserved for monsters that are impossibly inefficient, such as Steel Dragons because of their limited spawns, or Greater Demons because of the wild dogs that constantly interrupt you.

I am surprised that we have the same slayer level since our experiences are so different.

I've found Scarabites to be a worthless assignment. They're easy with a cannon, but who wants to deal with the cannon and getting the cannonballs and going all the way down there and wading through the swamp? Plus the drops are lame.

Black Demons one of the best charm doppers in the game? Are you kidding? I've found them to be one of the worst. Honestly, I've found pretty much every other assignment to drop more charms. Isn't there some empirical data on this? Besides, since I do a lot of slayer, charms are not a problem -- I have thousands of every color. The seconds are the problem.

I'll probably block the Wyverns -- at my level, I do slayer for xp, not for profit, and these things look SLOW. Maybe I should try them once before spending the slayer points, just to be sure.

I've never had a problem with steel dragons. Of course, I am one of the few that mele them, so this may give me an advantage when it comes to holding onto my spawn. They spawn pretty quickly, just enough time to top off my prayer as needed and bury the bone. They are slow killing, but I like the drops.

I would never block Greater Demons -- throw on armadyl, grab a crystal blow, go to the cage in the ogre dungeon and slaughter away. They are abundant and die readily. That's the fastest range xp I've ever found. The drops are worthless, but who cares?

punitivedsig.png

Terrorbirds and Scabarites, especially Scabarites, are great tasks if you know what you're doing. Black Demons are one of the best charm droppers in the game, and easy to take down if you're using a combat familiar. Skeletal Wyverns are slow, but if you melee them, collect the bones and bank a few times, you'll always profit on a task.

I am surprised that we have the same slayer level since our experiences are so different.

I've found Scarabites to be a worthless assignment. They're easy with a cannon, but who wants to deal with the cannon and getting the cannonballs and going all the way down there and wading through the swamp? Plus the drops are lame.

Black Demons one of the best charm doppers in the game? Are you kidding? I've found them to be one of the worst. Honestly, I've found pretty much every other assignment to drop more charms. Isn't there some empirical data on this? Besides, since I do a lot of slayer, charms are not a problem -- I have thousands of every color. The seconds are the problem.

I'll probably block the Wyverns -- at my level, I do slayer for xp, not for profit, and these things look SLOW. Maybe I should try them once before spending the slayer points, just to be sure.

I've never had a problem with steel dragons. Of course, I am one of the few that mele them, so this may give me an advantage when it comes to holding onto my spawn. They spawn pretty quickly, just enough time to top off my prayer as needed and bury the bone. They are slow killing, but I like the drops.

I would never block Greater Demons -- throw on armadyl, grab a crystal blow, go to the cage in the ogre dungeon and slaughter away. They are abundant and die readily. That's the fastest range xp I've ever found. The drops are worthless, but who cares?

If you know what you're doing, you can kill Scabarites in the Contact! dungeon with a cannon. They're the third best crimson droppers in the game.

Only Black Demons in the Chaos Tunnels drop an abundance of charms. This is because only one graphical type of Black Demon drops them. There is plenty of empirical data, I recommend that you read Zarfot's guide on the RSOF. Just search for Mega Slayer Guide 3.

A Wyverns task can be over in an hour if you're fast. They're not great experience, but they're not terrible. However, because you seem to enjoy Steel Dragons and you've found a way to take care of Greater Demons without trouble, Wyverns would be an option. I'm personally going to unblock Greaters when I reach 127 combat.

dgs5.jpg

Only Black Demons in the Chaos Tunnels drop an abundance of charms. This is because only one graphical type of Black Demon drops them.

Ok, this explains our different experience. I've never fought them there. I always fight them in Brimhaven, usually range them. I've seen them in the tunnels on the way to Bork, though. Still, I don't care about charms -- already got more than I know what to do with. But if you like crimson charm droppers and fast xp, try waterfiends -- I probably have more crimson charms than any other color, mostly from waterfiend assignments.

punitivedsig.png

Only Black Demons in the Chaos Tunnels drop an abundance of charms. This is because only one graphical type of Black Demon drops them.

Ok, this explains our different experience. I've never fought them there. I always fight them in Brimhaven, usually range them. I've seen them in the tunnels on the way to Bork, though. Still, I don't care about charms -- already got more than I know what to do with. But if you like crimson charm droppers and fast xp, try waterfiends -- I probably have more crimson charms than any other color, mostly from waterfiend assignments.

I love Waterfiend assignments, especially now that I have a bunyip. :thumbup: I'm eventually going to max out combat, so I care very much about charms. ;)

dgs5.jpg

I really dislike black demons, even if you cannon them, they are slow as hell and you use a TON of cannonballs with no gain but the xp, which isn't that great compared to the time and money spent.

I used to skip Black Demons, but after I tried chaos tunnels and get 70+ crimsons a task my mind has changed. My block list is this:

Steel Dragons; painfully slow exp, way too many "visage hunters", not enough spawns

Iron Dragons; same reason as steels

Wyverns; terrible drops, annoying and very slow exp

Hellhounds; not bad exp, but ALWAYS crowded by clue hunters, also I don't do clues so their drops suck for me

Steel Dragons - Too few spawns, visage hunters, Irons attack you

Hellhounds - Tedious, boring, clue hunters crowd them

That's it for now.

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

Kalphites - Boring and I'm too lazy to cannon them.

Black Demons - Slow and used to cannon them but might unblock them soon because their not too bad in CT.

Terrorbirds - Killed them view tasks and than I got tired of them and decided to block them.

Scarabites - No idea but I don't like them :D

That's my current slayer blocklist. I hate Hellhounds and Steel dragons also, they are just so slow.

Now stuck with 5 metal tasks in a row btw :wall: (2 Steels & 3 Irons) getting boring -.-

Cartiaga.png

So far I have black-listed. .

Jelies - I hate clues and they seem to take forever to do (the tasks).

Bronze Dragons - Nothing said yet 'nuff said.

I love Bronze dragons :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and jellies are good for clues #-o

So far I have black-listed. .

Jelies - I hate clues and they seem to take forever to do (the tasks).

Bronze Dragons - Nothing said yet 'nuff said.

I love Bronze dragons :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and jellies are good for clues #-o

elies - I hate clues and they seem to take forever to do (the tasks).

Notice the "I hate clues"

I think he thought that you thought jellies were bad for clues.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!