- :: thinLove :: -

venomai

What is the point of that

Shut up. What's the point of you?

Venomai, it's pretty awesome dude. I just don't like the bottom. I'm not really a fan of just pure white like that and the pixel stretch starts but the white keeps going so it looks odd.

I've always been an admirer of your work, Dave. And this is just brilliant. The lighting on it makes it look so much better, and the checked effect gives it another effect.

Only thing I don't really like is the bottom part where it seems to have stretched.

Still got your re-birth set as my wallpaper ;) .

Aw lol, I think I may just remove the pixel stretch at the bottom all together.. So many people don't like it. :lol:

I'm also making a tutorial on how I made it (everything after the 3D) if anyone's interested.

oo i have brushes similar to that, or if you used those, it might be that :o

I used the default brushes with photoshop if thats what you mean. Might I see these brushes you are talking about..?

Venomai, it's pretty awesome dude. I just don't like the bottom. I'm not really a fan of just pure white like that and the pixel stretch starts but the white keeps going so it looks odd.

No, he has a point. The piece is pointless, just is the name assigned to it. I've been very tired of seeing this type of image over the years, and now I just plain hate them. They take all of 2 minutes with a lame teapot>noise modifier in max then take it into photoshop, add some mini text and whatever, and call it done.

It doesnt have any meaning, and the name has nothing todo with the piece. This is what becomes of so called artists that only do this type of ...hah, "art".

Please try something else, not the same old same old boringness everyone on Devart without a clue makes.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

No, he has a point. The piece is pointless, just is the name assigned to it. I've been very tired of seeing this type of image over the years, and now I just plain hate them. They take all of 2 minutes with a lame teapot>noise modifier in max then take it into photoshop, add some mini text and whatever, and call it done.

I didn't use 3DS max for the 3D, and I certainly wouldn't use any type of teapot method if I did. ;)

*sigh* I was hoping a more constructive comment from you. But this... was just useless.

Your right on it being pointless though. :) I guess you could say I'm attempting to "increase my knowledge of photoshop through practice", but that would be taking it a little too far.

Hopefully I can expect a constructive reply from you when I do choose to do something you prefer, such as 3D realism.

As usual, another beautiful peice from you. The only thing I don't like is the Pixel stretch. It would work nice if there was something below it, or If you made the image at a higher resolution. I like the sig as well. Heh.. nothing I can truely crit on, as your the master. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Although I agree with Entangle to a certain extent, it's alot better than anything I've seen on here today. You somewhat tie together the idea of love with your color scheme, but let's be honest; you tried pink, it looked good, and so you named it love. But even you admit to doing that, so I guess there is nothing to say. More of an exercise than a finished piece. It doesn't look tacky though, looks sharp for what it is.

Although I agree with Entangle to a certain extent, it's alot better than anything I've seen on here today. You somewhat tie together the idea of love with your color scheme, but let's be honest; you tried pink, it looked good, and so you named it love. But even you admit to doing that, so I guess there is nothing to say. More of an exercise than a finished piece. It doesn't look tacky though, looks sharp for what it is.

Thanks! :D I appreciate this and the other comments.

And I've taken a break from the regular 3D abstracts for a little bit. I'm attempting to learn vector (Illustrator) and digital painting (corel painter). So I hope nobody was expecting that walkthrough anytime soon.. :P

• 1 month later...

mmm i think it looks great. just got back to the forums myself and it's nice to see theres still talent going around :) i actually was looking forward to taking a look into that walkthrough heh, but oh well maybe you can help me out im a bit rusty. i started doing vector awhile back before i kinda stopped glancing at the forums but i got a bit into it (like my sig) but ya, nice work.

lol owned :lol:

~Michael

~My Second Year As a Tip-it'er

~Need a Sig?(Abstract, Grunge or Photomanip) Ask me.

*Loves Venomai*

Long time noooo see eh?(C4 from the RuneHQ Media area)

Not a bad render overall, but the white might need a dim with a light pink or so, and might try lowering the Brightness&Contrast by 3-7 notches.

Hope I could be of service, and hope to talk to you soon.