[COMPLETE] Pixel Signature..

reddawn509

I don't do many signatures anymore.. but I'm making one for Enipeus.. just posting this in a hope that it will help me remain motivated, and working.. Working on the hair, cape, party hat, anvil, and hammer currently.. background soon to come.

smithiecolor-2.png

Comments, criticisms welcomed.

UPDATE:

Added a rough background, and I tried to modify the points brought up in the comments, especially towards the arm, and the party hat. I also did some basic coloring. Whoo.

smithiebackground.png

Final (for now...):

smithietext.png

thanks for all your input, comments, and criticism guys

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The arm and hand looks like a photo... :shock:

Looking great, can't wait to see the finished piece.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Cool. The nose is freakin' huge tho :shock:

His shoulders are a bit too high too

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

amazing work. a few things look funny though, the shoulder/ neck is to flat, there should be a bit more of a hump showing he is leaning over, and the left arm's placement seems off too. you should see a bit more of the arm, a bit higher up if you get what i mean. and the amulet is way to low and the curve of the necklace part doesnt match the neck.

EDIT: decided i would go on paint and show what i mean on things to fix, or to take in to consideration. was roughly done, but you get the picture

untitled-11.png

pretty small edits but things that stuck out in my eyes

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

Looks great so far, hand and arm = :o. The only thing I don't like is the shading on his face, it seems pillow shaded. Don't get me wrong, it works sometimes, but I think you used a bit too much of it here.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

I really like the anatomy of the hand and arm, but the rest of the piece looks like it isnt. Another thing is that the party hat sits right on top of the tilted head, this makes it look like the characters face is deformed or has otherwize massive features. I suggest tilting the phat forward too.

It is a marvel, but some things, like the lack of contrast and some minor errors distract the eye from the piece.

Good luck, I'll be waiting to see an update on it

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

well done :D

Arm looks fantastic. i see you used transparency? or just used pixels to anti alias the arm?

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Arm looked better and more natural before the 'fix'. All of yaff's 'fixes' would make it look worse, in my opinion.

not really if you think about it, go stand in that position and tell me where your arm is most comfortable, you wouldnt have it right tight against your body, you would tire out very fast, and it didnt look right either. but to each his own i guess :P

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust