Tip.it Times Article In Progress

Hawks

Are you in the Tip.it Times Article?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in the Tip.it Times Article?

• Yes
    • No, and I do not plan on being in it.
    • No, but I plan to be in it.

[hide=Introduction-ish Thing]We of the Falador Library would like to write an article for submission to the Tip.it Times, to promote the Falador Library. Dragoonson has suggested we write it as a role play, much like the Newcomers! (Read First) sticky.

So far we are thinking of having each character (from Rusco) write an introduction of themselves. Feel free to add a paragraph promoting your RP as well.

Please post your personal paragraph, in whatever way you want to write it, you can add an RP paragraph if you want too, vote in the poll, and add your thoughts on this adventure. (That sounded really lame...)

Oh by the way whoever picks the last option will be chased down because you joined the Falador Library... that involves writing![/hide]

Current Poll: PLEASE VOTE IN IT! (We have 24 members... I'm counting how many votes!)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't write.Nah,I picked yes because well,free publicity =P

I'll get to work,but I still gotta choose which character lol.

EDIT:Please,edit my paragraph so that "the man" describes the character before mine.

As the man finishes talking,you turn your attention to two men sparring in the back of the room.A few people are watching them,one of which appears to be Elven,or half-Elven.He watches the fight carefully,noting down many moves,stopping once in a while to adjust a bow on his back or to cast a TimeStop to allow him to catch up.The other spectator appears to be an undead mage.Noticing you,he stops the spar and the four men approach you.One of the two combatants wears a fez,which hardly covers his burnt face.The other man looks strong and disciplined.

"Hello,I'm Scaurn."The disciplined combatants says to you,his voice is deep and hoarse,like he's been shouting commands for years."These are my friends.Biorent's half-Elven,Nevol is the lich,which yes,makes him undead and Devlen's the dark-skinned one.That fight you just saw,its nothing compared to what you can do in RolePlaying,you can even fight otherworldly creatures.Its nothing like fighting Experiments or the Dagganoth Kings,you can do things you can't in real life.In that last fight,you never once saw a back flip,did you?We've been backflipping in RolePlay fights for years!"

"Scaurn,please."Nevol,the lich cuts in."I'm not going to talk about combat,my friend,neither am I talking about magic,you can speak to Hawks about that if you haven't already.I'll just add on to what my buddy Scaurn just said.I have died many times both in RolePlay and real life,as I am sure,have you.Fortunately,in RolePlay,I am able to keep all my items,no penalty is made to the Gods.Child,is that not interesting to you?"

Ah crap its a bit cheesey.Hawks,edit it please,my creativity is somewhat limited from writing all that 30k words in 30 days thing.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Okay there's this little thing called metagaming and that's what you're doing right now. Scaurn, Nevol, and Biorent DON'T KNOW THEY DON'T EXSIST. They know of a land called Rusco.

As the man finishes talking,you turn your attention to two men sparring in the back of the room.A few people are watching them,one of which appears to be elven, or half-elven.He watches the fight carefully, noting down many moves, stopping once in a while to adjust a bow on his back or to cast a time stop to allow him to catch up.The other spectator appears to be an undead mage. Noticing you, he stops the spar and the four men approach you. One of the two combatants wears a fez, which hardly covers his burnt face. (who's in the fez?) The other man looks strong and disciplined.

"Hello, I'm Scaurn," The disciplined combatant says to you, his voice is deep and hoarse, like he's been shouting commands for years. "These are my friends. Biorent's a half-elf, Nevol is the lich, which yes, makes him undead and Devlen's the dark-skinned one. (in the fez?) That fight you just saw, it's nothing compared to what you can do in Rusco,you can even fight otherworldly creatures. Its nothing like fighting Experiments or the Dagganoth Kings,you can do things you can't in real life.In that last fight,you never once saw a back flip,did you?We've been backflipping in RolePlay fights for years!"

"Scaurn,please."Nevol,the lich cuts in."I'm not going to talk about combat,my friend,neither am I talking about magic,you can speak to Hawks about that if you haven't already.I'll just add on to what my buddy Scaurn just said.I have died many times both in RolePlay and real life,as I am sure,have you.Fortunately,in RolePlay,I am able to keep all my items,no penalty is made to the Gods.Child,is that not interesting to you?"

Ergh. it's hard ot redo. I think you need to rewrite the paragraph with no metagaming in mind.

While walking by the series of buildings called the Tip.it Forums, you notice another building has popped up near the Varrock Library... The building is nearly identical on the outside to the Varrock Library; your curiosity gets the best of you and you enter the building, which has been labeled Falador Library.

Inside, among other things, a few people wander aimlessly throughout the shelves and tables stacked high with papers and books. Beyond, there is a wall of doors. A particularly large one stands out; it is labled 'Rusco' in bright green letters. To its left, another large door, this one with a bar over it, is labeled 'Do Not Enter'. On the other side of the Rusco door, a series of smaller doors with names like 'Kardish', 'Zombea', and 'The Lost Library' go on as far as you can see.

"What is this place, you wonder? I will show you," says a man, wearing a blue robe with lighter trim, he pulls you toward the 'Rusco' door and opens it wide. Far below, a small village near a river... Farther away, you see mountains and forests. A small fire smokes in the center of the village, and you wonder...

The man abruptly shuts the door, almost catching you in it. "Come on, lots more to see,"

He takes you to each door in turn and shows you the inside, always closing it just when you become the most curious about the world and its inhabitants. You learn of knights and dragons, zombies, as well as space and aliens... All sorts of mythical and magical things.

"And if there's nothing that tickles your fancy, you can get together with some of these wanderers and you can create a world all your own." he says, gesturing at the tables, which you now notice, have people sitting behind the piles of books and papers.

One in particular now rises from his seat. He wears a well-worn tunic and pants, and goes barefoot in the Library. "Hi, my name is hawkxs. While I'm normal enough here, I have alter egos in many of these stories to whom swords and magic are like breakfast to us. If you like fantasy or sci-fi, or even horror, there's something here for you. If you can't find it, we'll help you create it."

He now points to the others in turn, and they stand up from their seats as he calls their names. "That's arrowbld, Bluejayfan94, ctim, doomsavenger, dragoonson, FalconBomba, hiimben, IeatWindex, ipwnage4lyfe, klankaos, Lenticular_J, LiChef, Lightshayde, llamster, Master_Smither, Pat_61, ratchet573, Seer, sonerohi, teh_langzor... and that's archimage_a!" he finishes, pointing to the man in the robe beside you.

How you likey?

Ok from experiance(and this is only so you know what I have already done, not saying it has to be like this)

[hide=]As the intrepid adventurers hunt through the many dangrous landscapes that have been created for them, and the creatures try to avoid them. Daily life in on the scape goes on, for the many other people.

Archimage A is one of those people, walking down Varrock high street, it is nice to see the old Library. Entering it there are many different people there. Each with a tale to tell, as Archimage looks about the room many people stand out from the crowd.

Zonorhc, such a strange name that is. Surely there is a tale behind how he came to be know that. But at least for the time being he is in his corner, one of the many alcoves that the library has. The many books that are strewn around him, some tearing at the spine, most with a half story in each. In days of old a rare sight to treat the books in such a way. Now though... Dressed in a black suit no less, the white shirt makes him look as if he has walked out of a ball, slinging his coat on the back of the chair as he sat down. Ideas can come at any time, I guess.

Eyes moving round again Archimage notices that Necromagus isn't there yet. It seems strange for him to be absent, though when he does arrive surely he will come with a scroll and a tale.

A metallic 'tink' comes from the direction of the front desk. More than likely to be Forsaken Mage. She can always surprise you in the same way a sleeping cat surprises a mouse. Silent but always ready to pounce on a good book. Though at the moment she is under her desk, no doubt looking for the spoon she dropped a moment ago, she is normally sitting on her chair, the many different and important jobs she does. It is not uncommon to see her just dashing out to buy a new chair or more writing material.

The sound of laughter, again Archimage's attention turns to another author. That Issy, a quite person when writing but the rest of the time she is a loose cannon, either picking up on a conversation or just reading a humorous book, there are plenty about. Only coming in during the afternoons and mornings it is good to catch her. Then again in these cooler months there are more people than normal in here. All just to say warm, but sometimes they are here to let imagination run wild. Wearing only a shirt and trousers Issy looks very cool in the corner, yet another alcove in use.

Her eyes then wandered towards the welcoming flames as they danced in the fireplace almost entralling him towards them, Merry sat in her usual spot on the comfortable yet worn sofa there by the fireplace, the smell of old books mingling with the crackling of fire, the ying and yang of a library. The light resonating from the flames danced upon her long brunnett hair, almost obscuring her face. Hazel eyes glimmered in the warm light. Barely noticing what went on around her she was engrossed in her favorite book, savoring it as if it was the first time she had ever read it.

Then to the left, a tearing of a page, followed by a muffled curse. Typhoontoby looks about for a moment, wondering if anyone saw him. Only Archimage did apparent as there is no movement outside of the ruffling of pages. Hidden away in a black tunic, he almost seems to be sitting in an empty chair, book floating at head hight. The book of course is the 'Definative guide to Defenders' as published by Tip It. Maybe research for his story, or maybe he is planning to do some adventuring? Who knows? Could ask...But no, I need to get on.

There sitting quietly is a dark corner, dragoncmd looks up from his book to see Archimage. Excited to see the her for the first time in a month dragon yells, "HEY ARCHI OVER HERE!" Oops... That was a tad bit loud for the libary wasn't it, he stupidly thinks afterwards. Forsaken Mage is fortunally out the room so didn't hear. Now he is really blushing, strange for him, but the attention from the whole library is a bit much. Archimage has vanished for a moment, the Aqua glyphs aready faded onto the bookcase behind. Dragoncmd buries his head back in the book and slowly the room returns to its normal, busling self. Just at the moment Archimage decided to return, the flurry of Aqua masked by a colorful poster, something about Expedia or something.

Following the poster, for they do moving from person to person, only to be waved away, Archimage nearly walks into Gattree. Dressed in full black, red trim with a red shirt underneath. His staff stuck towards the heavens, like a challange to the gods...Inaudiable mutterings, the odd word 'Saradomin' and 'treat me like'. Archimage rasies her eyebrows at this...as if to say 'what on earth?'. Gattree finally sits down, another book opened, then flung aside. Clearly not in the best of moods, Archimage decides to leave him to it. Only then noticing how deep within the library she actually is. It will be a long way back...

Archimage begins the long...incredibly long walk back...when there is suddenly a scribbling...then a scrunching...then a sound that would have killed Forsakenmage if she ever heard it...THE RIPPING OF PAPER... for this there could only be one person, Dangelo. Archimage is, herself, torn between hunting for the phantom paper shredder, or carrying on the search for the library members that she seems to have got herself into...But alas it is too late. He has seen her. Sitting there, in what seems like an alchove built into the bookcase, dressed in what appears to be a cloak of flames, as though someone had painstaking sowed fireseed into each and ever seem. Seeming awfully mean to just walk away she moves towards him. They sit and share a scone...which has appeared out of nowhere... Though finally deciding to carry on, after all she has alot of paper on her, and some of it contains her stories...

Full from the scone, again rather strange, Archimage felt that it was only right to continue the noble quest to return to the entrance. However as with many quests it is neither quick, nor is it simple. There must be many other people on the way...but nothing prepared her for this... There he was. There was not a way that anyone in the world could ever be... Powerent. Dressed in a full blacksweatsuit, and a paper santa's hat...He was a fine example of the male species...which was odd because this was a libaray and you would normally expect that to be said on a sports field or something...He was there hiding amongst the bookshelves, trying to find some of his own work...and failing...Only the terrible stuff was stored back here...then why was Dango here...Doesn't really matter...Archimage could not stand not saying "Hi" at least.

Even the book he was reading "*Aura Wars*" was a statement of how incredibly great this person was...But it was beside the point, and after a very deep conversation, Archimage was forced to leave the one support of her's in the whole library...But back to the quest...Down the Western Arm, across the Referance section, over the bridge of unquenched knowladge...which was odd because water ruins books...Then finally back to the front desk...Where upon Archimage noticed that she had dropped something and so back...into the bowels of the Library...and who knew who she might run into...

Then a strange sight to most places, but common in a library, a reviewer. In a smithy per say comment on how a sword is not entirely perfect is more likely to get a smack in the mouth, than a pat on the back. But this was a library after all. So there was Sephiroth King. Dressed like a noble and yet, came from a humble background. Fighting first for Faldorian guard and then for the Wildernesse Guide Assocation, which folded when most of its staff we killed in a Sword Related Accident. Escaping as the sole surviour after 'resolving' the accident. Sat there, well perched more so to speak on a chair that contained three quaters Manuscripts and one quater Sephiroth, but he was there all the same wearing royal purple armor with a gold trim. It had been given to him by a Gentleman who had mis-took the Surname 'King' as a referance to him being a foriegn King, on a Diplomatic mission of some discription. It wasn't heavierly worn but showed the signs of battle, but most of the traces on the plate was obliterated by a gold trim caduceus. Again not following tradition the Quill was not the only weapon used by Sephiroth, a golden claymore hung still by his side. A muttering between both Archimage and Sephiroth was all that he could spare though, Sephiroth did a tireless job and 'Renovating' the library so that every scroll was perfectly reviewed, for some dark and sinister purpose. Or perhaps just to fill the void left by the Sword Related Accident.

Working tirelessly was not, as some have said, in Archimage's greater understanding. Beyond a bit of work here and there, it was pretty clear that Archimage was not here to work, as she had done in the past, on Epic stories. More to talk to people, find out their needs and wants, and to be there when they needed her. llamster was one of those people that could drift though life without so much help, as a push in the right direction to get them started. Wearing plain clothes, that is a blue and yellow top, worn and washed so the lines faded together alittle, and a pair of old trousers, they were green of course, with a yellow beret that perched on a haircut not dis-similar to that of a military man that had let grooming go amiss. Not in a bad way though, it was short and wild. Going down from the neck, where the hair was almost invisble there was a bright red cape given to him as a present from his sister on the day before he left home for good. Around him where not just one page, or two. But it appeared an entire book, that had been written but each page still seperate. To look closer Archimage could see that in fact the pages has one or two paragraphs, then a doodle, but invariblely discarded from a distraction that passed his way every half an hour. Consquently when ForsakenMage took a day off alot more was done. However she was thier and he, dispite his appearance was not. So it came as a tad of a shock when Archimage keen to see what he was writting sat down opposite him. His ears turned crimson and he muttered something about a remake of the well know play 'Dance of Sugar Plum Fairy' and need inspiration. Another closer look could see that he was writing something about a princess in a high keep. llamster was clear avoiding writing anything while Archimage remained ever vigilant of his slighest movement, as they talked about the latest game of Frungy. But time was a cruel master and Archimage was forced to leave before anything could happen to find out who was the 'inspiration' for this latest peice. With perhaps to much emphasis than she meant she tried to wiggle he hips a little...Fortunantly llamster wasn't paying attention and this act passed without anyone seeing her.

We meet again. Across the now sparsely packed bookshelves, its peak hours...all the dragons are taken and no one wants to go outside before a new quest is released, its funny how everyone knows...but across the sparsely packed bookshelves, there Archimage's Moral Enemy...Xweeler. A strange mix of Crazy and Christian has resulted in Crazainity. Archimage speeds up slightly but soon feels the pain of a book fly into her shoulder. Thats done it now. There is a splintering of wood as the Dragon Halberd sweeps though the bookcase and so beings the game of cat and mouse. Except in this game the mouse throws books at the cat and the cat is forced to destroy bookcase after bookcase to reach the final goal. Finally corner, backed on to the Runescapian Communist Section, having vowed never to enter, Xweeler is forced to submit. Archimage mutters a few words to a passing Moderation Creation and their trail of destruction is cleaned up, which was quite lucky because Forsaken had been hot on their trail. Archimage then helps Xweeler up and with a few words of encouragement 'You'll do it next time, you are getting better' they laugh off the chase and settle down in a private booth and after a long stiff drink part their ways. Both aware of a special...some what psychotic...bond between them, that fills them with a warm fuzzy feeling on the inside, and a sharp cold feeling on the outside. As Archimage leaves she grabs the latest chapter of Fullmetal wars, and reads furiously...

A quick enchantment later and the story is sore back towards Xweeler. There is an 'OW!' somewhere in that general area that Xweeler was.

"Sorry..."

Archimage begins looking for another story, another book another something. Then all of a sudden, a desk. Not up against the wall or in an alcove, but just right there in the middle of the bookcases, completly blocking the way. Behind the desk is the Infamous Hiitchhiiker. Dressed in a full white robe and cloak, his quite a sight. The hood of the suit obsucres the face but she is in no doubt that it is a hansome one...But she pushes the thought aside."Oh err sorry..." He quickly presses some secret button or something, because the table snaps away into something no bigger than a matchbook. "You never know when inspiration will hit you, just thinking about...well that would be telling wouldn't it..." a momentary silence falls on the two as they look into each others eyes...Its only then that Archimage remembered that one of the books had caught her in the eye. "Its nothing...I am fine" With that Hiitchiiker says a short spell and the black eye is hidden from view. "Thanks." They quickly catch up on current events, the Frungy league and a hot tip on the races tommrow. But then it is time to be moving on. Archimage quickly bids fairwell to her friend, and sets off down a twisting and turning avenue of books that have't been touched in a decade at least, not because they are not interesting, but because they are yet to be written.....

Hmmm where to sit, where to sit...[/hide]

What works is when the writers, not the characters are summed up. People get a feel for one person by reading about how they act in a given situation. Also creates a sense of world and and of community...

What I see when I read this is that you are 'talking to the camera', talking to some non-descript person and trying to judge their reactions. To some extent it works in the Newcomers and http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=256 because it is short and shows moderator supremacy as well as being very revelatory(it reveals something) but most importantly because its one person doing alot of talking, an introduction....sort of letting you get to know them before they have to do anything....where as lots of people talking at you can appear intimidating, as well as creating a false sense of community. We(as much as I would like to) do not have personal relationships, I wouldn't know any one, with the possibly exception of Hawks, from Adam if I met them.

Probably the only reason I was able to write the earlier set of 'interviews' was that I reviewed their writing, asked them how and why they did this and that and analysed their work(Yup, FAR too much time on my hands).

We do have new members joining about once a week, maybe once per two weeks at a push, usually though they don't post because they don't feel comfortable...we make very little effort to get to know the people(Well I don't make any real effort, I just absorb what I am told and build a picture by the way they react)...If they do post they try and get bored because the stories are(I haven't read them so I can't say for sure) but more focused on getting to know characters.

All of which is highly amusing and highly interesting but doesn't actually help does it? Ok so what I propose is either we get to know each other on a personal level(how I don't know) and then write a group work....or someone(perferably not me :D ) writes an introduction and we look at it from the perspective of a newcommer...trying to work out what sort of people make this group up.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Okay one idea: Everybody fills out this quiz I made up off the top of my head...

[hide=]What do you do if...

1. You are given a pie.

2. You are given a book of matches.

3. You are given a can of Monster/Amp/Energy Drink.

4. You are attacked by someone/thing/inanamate object.

Would you rather...

5. Read a book or go to sleep.

6. Write a story or read one.

7. Eat food or cook food.

8. Play a game or make up a game.

9. Spend time with small children or the elderly.

10. What fantasy race/character/class do you think you are most like?[/hide]

I dunno.

[hide=my answers]1. You are given a pie.

I eat it unless its like rutabega or coconut creme, then I chuck it at whoever gave it to me because I hate that kind of pie and they probably know it.

I light something on fire duh! Not a house or anything... maybe a piece of paper or get some butter and start a piece of aluminum foil on fire. it's fun!!

nothing. nothing at all happens. i do not get hyper off it unlike most people.

i probably yell get it off (object) or start beating the crap out of it (person/thing)

Would you rather...

depends on the book. if its a series i like read. but i like to sleep too.

read a good story or else i'd write a bad one.

eat food are you kidding

making up games is too hard. I'll play dnd though.

I guess small children...

10. What fantasy race/character/class do you think you are most like? Elf Ranger. I like to spend time alone (hunched over the computer, a drawing, or a book lol) or doing nature-y things (do hockey and rock climbing count?) actually i hate going outside there's mosquitoes and they're evil.[/hide]

another idea. everyone is given a scenario and has to describe how they'd react in that situation. basically a more involved version of my lovely quiz. oh and i'll look for one of those things that says random crap about you. and link it/do it.

here's a random one, my answers

[hide=another quiz]A-2-Z About Me Survey

by bamachic49

{---Basics---}

Name: hawkxs

Nickname(s): hawkie (lol)

Birthday: feb 23

Birthplace: illionis

Current Location: mich

Eye Color: brown

Hair Color: brown

Height: 5' 4"

Weight: 150 something

Lefty or Righty: right

Zodiac Sign: pices (fish i can't spell)

What Do You Drive: i can't

Screenname: hawkxs/hawk0078

{---Favorites---}

Color: orange

Number: 7

Band: queen...

Music Genre: rock/pop

TV Show: mythbusters

Movie: school of rock

Actor: i dunno

Actress: i dunno

Kind of Movie: adventure lol

Cartoon: yu-gi-oh/ anime

Sport: ice hockey FTW

Fast Food Restaurant: culver's

Food: chinese or ham/pineapple pizza

Ice Cream: mint chocolate chip

Cereal: cinnamon life or frosted lucky charms

Candy: milk duds or crunch bars

Drink: mountain dew

Alcoholic Beverage: i can't

Quote: what is swordfighting without swords

{---Do You---}

Have any siblings: one

Have any pets: no

Have a job: no

Have a cellphone: no

Have any special talents or skills: play alto/bari sax draw

Have any fears: tornadoes and needles

Have a bedtime: ten? maybe

Sing in the shower: no

Want to go to college: yes

Get along with your parents: most of the time

Have any piercings: no

Have any tattoos: no

Swear: sometimes mostly in my head

Smoke: no

Drink: no

Do Drugs: no

{---Love & All That Crap---}

Ever been in love: huh? what are you talking about

Ever cheated on a boyfriend/girlfriend: no

Are you single: yes...

Are you in a relationship: no

Do you have a crush on someone: yes

Ever been dumped: no

Ever dumped someone: no

{---This or That---}

Fruit or Vegetable: fruit

Black or White: black

Lights On or Lights Off: on

TV or Movie: movie

Car or Truck: car

Cash or Check: cash

Rock or Rap: rock

Chocolate or Vanilla: chocolate

French Toast or French Fries: fries

Strawberries or Blueberries: strawberries

Cookies or Muffins: cookies

Winter Break or Spring Break: winter

Hugs or Kisses: hugs

{---Have You Ever---}

Danced in a public place: i think so

Smiled for no reason: yes

Laughed so hard you cried: almost multiple times

Talked to someone you don't know: i dont think so

Drank alcohol: no

Done drugs: no

Partied 'til the sun came up: once

Gotten a ticket: nope cant drive

Been arrested: nope cant go there either

Been convicted of a crime: no

Been in a wreck: no

Been out of the country: to Canada!

{---Random & Silly Junk---}

Ever TP'd someone's house: no unfortunatly

Ever egged someone's house: no

How many languages do you speak: one and bits of multiple others

Who do you compare yourself to: me!

Ever regret anything: yeah one thing

Do you like being tickled: not really

What are your goals: go to college

Are your fingers tired: no

Are you tired of this survey: sure

Are you happy: not really

Take this survey

Pimp My Profile[/hide]

I was thinking more getting to know each other rather than specific circumstances, for example I am currently in a very Deep mood, and while this is an overriding trait in my personality I am sometimes Funny deep and sometimes Serouis Deep and sometimes Deep...

What do you do if...

1. You are given a pie.

Thank whom-ever gave me it and probably split it with them. If they did not wish to split it then I would probably not eat the pie. Because I feel that it may not be entirely honourable, even if I know the person and Pies are generally unhealthy, if social standards do not need fufilling and I am not ravenous then I would probably not gorge myself.

Check to see if it was full and throw on the side/store it in my pocket/bag.

Thank the person with a tone that says 'Thank you for your thought but don't do it again.' and not drink it.

Restrain them/it. Once restrained attempt to reason with. If reasoning fails restrain until they yeild, if they do not yeild then chances are I will have to render them unconscience or I will have to submit. Would probably chose the latter.

Would you rather...

Red a book.

Write a Story.

Cook Food

Play a game.

Neither.

10. What fantasy race/character/class do you think you are most like?

God. Because I am overly complex and what I said two chapters ago will be the opposite to my current opinion, although morally I will maintain that I am doing the right thing. Also depending on what I have read before will effect my short term mood.

I forgot to say i have a very strange sense of humor sometimes and that people do random things which make me laugh.

And yes more getting to know each other but it would end up being random and that didn't make sense at all... meaning we need some way to do it that's not specific but gives information. btw those were my silly answers serious answers are below:

Actually the only one I was kidding on was the first/second one. I would still eat the pie but not throw it that's a horrible waste of pie! I would enjoy setting aluminum foil on fire (I might do it tonight!) but I wouldn't actually set it on fire. not the paper either probably.

oh and your sig still is spelled wrong. knowledge.

What do you do if...

1. You are given a pie.

Usually eat it.

Go through it and change the matches to an exact opposite

Try to get Red Bull

Whacked into Oblivion

Would you rather...

Read,though haven't had much of a chance.

Read still

Eat,obviously

Make it up,so it'll be my perfect game.

The elderly can drop dead at anytime,so yeah,elderly.

10. What fantasy race/character/class do you think you are most like?

Erm...Elf/Biorent/Arcane Archer.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

YES! Amazing idea. I am TOTALLY in. We're all writers here - it comes with the job. So we could make a SWEET article come out of the combined creativity.

However, the style is the only issue (as you've all said). I don't think a quiz is the best idea, as it doesn't seem much like an article. However, a short interview with a few of the more prominent RPers in the forum, such as Hawkxs, Archimage, myself, Langzor, and Dragoonson (note that these are named off the top of my head - if I forgot you don't get mad at me :? ) would be fantastic, as it gives us a chance to talk about what the Falador Library really is to us with another person, rather than a static set of quiz questions. Replying to what you would do in [situation X] isn't too good either, because it seems too much like an RP rather than an article for the Times. Archi gave us a good idea, but the problem is that that's written from only one point of view, and we want it to be a roleplaying community thing, right? So I'm thinking a short interview, with not set questions (different set for each person) would be fantastic. Obviously either Hawks or Archi is going to be the interviewer, so if we happen to use the names suggested, I think that four interviews would probably be sufficient. And I think that those five are some of the best RPers in the Library (yes, I have very little modesty, but I actually believe it to be true) along with being the first five to post in it (besides Xecer, who I have yet to see). There's my plan.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

How s'about we all write in our own styles,or at least the basic things we want to do/say,and then some one can write it in their own style?Perhaps make a small competition out of it.

Oh and by the way,I'm well aware I broke the fourth wall in my post,its just...well,there was no other idea I had,and no one to "copy".

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

The quiz and such is about getting to know each other, not actually posting as an Article...I find it very difficult to write in different styles, mainly because I have such a limited view of everyones...We all act in different ways to a percieved problem, as such we are unwilling to write for other people, so we don't really attempt to get to know people(As I would critise anyone who did write Aquan. Thereby letting people know what my thoughts were, when I write other peoples characters I don't get feedback so I am not sure if I am doing a good job...[/sutble hint])

Anyway as to the writing of the article, I was thinking something like I had already done for reasons already explained.

The inteview thing is very formal...very 'this is what happens you are going to submit', where as the random walk though the Library is a very informal, crazy thing that gives the impression of people going to a place and talking and writing, not just writing.

However your critism is valid, it is only one person and, although there are ways around it(like some group adventure or some such) they would only hamper the progress.

We may have to accept that we will not be capable of an all round statifying post.

So Hawks, could you perhaps change the poll to 'Which method would you like to see'

We have my informal frolic.

We have my fly on the wall.

We have my/Hawks/Klankaos' static quiz.

We have Hawks' introduction.

We have Kalankos' formal interview.

We have Dragoonson's writing style.

Any others can be added because I am mildly busy on the other tab :D and so rereading though the posts is going slowly...

Additionally and related to what I was saying earlier...Myself and Hawks have a 'Discussion' topic that we use to talk about things happening in our lives as well as issues concerning the forum at large and personal projects...and so on and so forth. It has got us to know each other a little better and perhaps a similar topic could be started here. It doesn't have to be about personal stuff nor does it have to be about story stuff, it can be whatever is crossing your mind at the time....For instance if you suddenly had a really good idea for a new story set in the future but were wondering about some aspect of science, or you discovered the most awesome music ever, or a new game or a whatever, then you could share it with people. Sort of like having a PM discussion, but having it open to other people as well.

May or may not work, I don't know.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=245&t=752655

Okay I has another additional idea.

each writes their description as like the varrock library one but they write their own. ie

As archimage_a continues through the library, he sees hawkxs, feet propped up on the desk, wearing a dark gray hoodie and khaki shorts, a book and a can of Mountain Dew in his hands. Near the desk, a large pile of books, many with D&D in the title, and on the desk, piles of paper, notebooks, and a large poster-map of a place called Alanmark. He looks up from his book long enough to give archimage a smile, then returns to the book, only to set it down moments later and begin a drawing.

(btw this isn't too far from what I've got now; black D&D tshirt, khaki shorts, mountain dew, empty bowl of Goldfish, notebook, pen, and my watch... but my normal desk is way messier.)

Definately need an introduction to the idea then

(just expanding my idea, we can go with another idea, just to do something : ) )

As the intrepid adventurers hunt through the many dangrous landscapes that have been created for them, and the creatures try to avoid them. Daily life in on the scape goes on, for the many other people.

As the intrepid adventurers hunt complete dangerous quests and fight fearsome monsters. Daily life in the Universe goes on for the many other people.

Personally like the first one but then I am just one person. Also, I can't be the person doing it...I am the ForsakenMage of the forum, not 'just another member'. Darn I was looking fowards to writing another one, gathering the info and being creative : (.

Ok then...

We need to decided who is going to be the lead on this then, if we chose it.

So what you're saying, Archimage, is that we should write something like the informal frolic through the library, but with each of us writing our own paragraph? As in, it's all from a single observer's point of view, but we each write the description of what the observer would see as he looks at us? It would end up sounding very much like the informal frolic, just with each of us contributing better. We have to figure out who's going to write the basic introduction as well. Also, we'll have to figure out a length limit, perhaps, because if everyone in the library is writing three paragraphs (as roleplayers are wont to do) then we'll have an article nobody will read. However, if it's just the four or five remaining Ruscoers (damn you, if you are reading this and have not joined Rusco! Get in there, we need you!) then we'll have an easy time of it, as we each can write to our heart's content without worrying about length.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I like Archi's most recent idea. I'm all for it.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I'm all for whatever,so my vote was pretty random,yeah anything's fine.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I don't think it should be limited to just Ruscoers but I do agree that Rusco has good writers(not the best because I haven't read other stories.)

I think we should target about a paragraph, not neccesserily interacting, looking back at my work there are some people like ForsakenMage who's character is not one that I do a whole lot with, she is sort of this distance watcher, as such as cast her as someone who was not involved with the stories but was always there doing this that and the other. Where as someone like Xweeler had me chasing him across the library, smashing bookcases and all that sort of thing. Then I just did some random silliness for Ilamster because I thought it would be fun, the sort of thing that you might notice if you were there with people everyday.

There should be a trivial plot, like looking for a book and getting caught in this quest for characters....Could be that Hawks or Klankaos(Xaos is so much easier)(Assuming that one of you takes the lead) is thinking of writing an article for the Tip It times, can't think of one and so goes to find inspiration from people in the Library.

The main focus of each paragraph should be a handful of interesting facts about the person, or a general feeling about the person(see powerent), with a bit at the end which gives a little bit of clue as to the writers personality and maybe an idea for an article. But of course you are secretly researching it so you don't tell them outright, well except me, you can tell me outright.

Ok so who is the Lead on this?

I will do it because as you have put it it seems something I would be good at. :thumbsup: (im stealing part of your entrance though for now, I will come up with something.)

As the intrepid adventurers hunt complete dangerous quests and fight fearsome monsters, daily life in the Universe goes on for the many other people.

Hawkxs is one of those people, walking down Varrock high street, grumbling about something or other. He reaches the new Library and heads inside, going towards the main desk at first but turns and walks toward his lonely desk in the far corner, carrying sheafs of paper with whole paragraphs scratched out.

As he enters the vaulted halls of Falador Library, placed in Varrock for who knows what reason, Archimage swoops down upon him. 'The illustrious Archimage, founder, owner and all round God of Falador Library.' Hawks snaps out of the stupa he(He or she? Interesting question because generally I portrayed Archimage as a female...) gets in whenever Archimage is around. She asks why Hawks is so long faced, and moreover has he done any more of the special project? Hawks looks up in to her kind but hard eyes. He confesses that he has not done any special work, he has in fact been most distrught about something that has happened at home. Archimage turns on her caring side and offers him a cup of tea and a sympathtic ear. Hawks tries to smile and says that he has too much to work on, "Don't want to disappoint you again" he says, which draws a smile from Archimage. After assuring her he is alright he carries onto his desk, still wondering what he is going to do...

Fair enough?

I do!If its Earl Grey you can give it to...me?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Yeah! :thumbsup:

Now carrying the tea in one hand, the papers in the other, Hawk continues through the library. He sees Dragoonson (doing what I don't know, you tell me, maybe describe what you're wearing too.). "Hey you like tea, right? I can't stand the stuff. Archi gave it to me, but I'll give it to you since you'll drink it," Hawk says with a smile, handing over the tea then readjusting the papers.