Tip.it Times Article In Progress

Hawks

Are you in the Tip.it Times Article?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in the Tip.it Times Article?

• Yes
    • No, and I do not plan on being in it.
    • No, but I plan to be in it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh. I got really excited. Im not part of Rusco, I was going to be but I didn't know how to introduce myself. Ill just do the quiz for now until someone can give me a general idea of how to construct the short RPG introduction, but seeong this is an introduction, I might as well try. Actually no, that'll be my final answer, im weird that way ::'

1. You are given a pie.

Eat it, If I don't like it might as well down it and then glare at the pie giver.

2. You are given a book of matches.

Throw it away, im no arsonist. (I think that's the question.)

3. You are given an energy drink.

Drink it, then run around, then crash and feel horrible, then fight the hobo's who try to steal things from me.

4. You are attacked.

Fight back, peace is useless due to the fact it/he/she attacked me for no reason.

5. Read a book or go to sleep.

Read a book. I love enjoying a thick novel.

6. Write a story or read one.

Eh, agian read one.

7. Eat food or cook food.

Cook food, then eat it! So technically cook food.

8. Play a game or make one.

Create a game where it's like a manhunt in a thick forest.

9. Spend time with children or the elderly.

Elderly, kids have a long life ahead, elderly not so long.

10. What fantasy character thing you are the most. Erm...character wise, Tidus. :lol: Race wise, a human with un-human capabilities.

Next Quiz.

Name: IeatWindex/ Michael

Nickname: Michelle, all my relatives like bugging me with that name.

Birthday: Nov. 14

Birthplace: Morrorco

Current location: New Hampshire.

^Im uncomfortable releasing all my details on the internet, I trust TIF, but anyone could be reading this.

Color: Blue

Show: Marvelous Mis-adventures of Flapjack (Im too old for it, but it's hilarious.)

Anime: Pokemon (original, before the coloring got better and nothing after misty left, like island of giant pokemon, the one where they got stuck on a cruise, I loved those.

Gah this quiz is long. Sorry i'll finish later, im really tired.

GG.gif

Evaluation of Ieatwindex

1. You are given a pie.

Eat it, If I don't like it might as well down it and then glare at the pie giver.

Subject caves to peer pressure

2. You are given a book of matches.

Throw it away, im no arsonist. (I think that's the question.)

Subject is secret arsonist, this is obvouis given that their interpretation of the question was "Are you an arsonist?" When the question was actually looking at your interpretation skills.

3. You are given an energy drink.

Drink it, then run around, then crash and feel horrible, then fight the hobo's who try to steal things from me.

Subject lacks self control.

4. You are attacked.

Fight back, peace is useless due to the fact it/he/she attacked me for no reason.

Subject blames others for their own actions.

5. Read a book or go to sleep.

Read a book. I love enjoying a thick novel.

Subject is cool.

6. Write a story or read one.

Eh, agian read one.

Subject is mildly less cool.

7. Eat food or cook food.

Cook food, then eat it! So technically cook food.

Subject shows healthy level of analysis.

Subject is a thief.

9. Spend time with children or the elderly.

Elderly, kids have a long life ahead, elderly not so long.

Subject is pessimistic and lacks objectivity, what if the children will die tommrow? What if they are your own children and the other one is the most evil person alive today(Who ever that is)

10. What fantasy character thing you are the most. Erm...character wise, Tidus. Race wise, a human with un-human capabilities.

Subject lacks keyboard skills in use of the enter or return key, subject also lacks realism.

Subject scores: Typically Rusco style person.

Futher action: Subject should not worry so much about what others might think, just suddenly appear without introduction, begin ordering people around and hey presto you became leader....It really is that simple.

:D Firstly you don't need to be part of Rusco to do this, as long as you have a sense of your virtual self you can do this. Try this:

What gender is your virtual self?

What is your virtual self's name?

What is your virtual self wearing?

Does your virtual self have any habits?

Can you work any of those habits into a two minute conversation?

What is your reaction to hawks?

What is your reaction to other people in the Library?

Are you going to be sitting at Hawks desk?

What reason would you have for sitting at Hawks desk?

Do you really need your fav pen that Hawks borrowed?

Why is it your fav pen?

Why did your father give it to you?

Why did you lend it to Hawks?

Do you think Hawks got any use out of it?

How long till you need to refill it?

What colour is the pen?

Does it have any funky designs?

Are you jokey with Hawks or Serouis?

Have you met anyone else in the Library on your travels?

What stories are you involved in?

Are you and hawks in the same story?

What was your opinion of his actions there?

Do you have a funny quote/fact/idea?

Would you tell Hawks?

What would his(as a character) responce be?

Simple progression of ideas...What am I? What am I doing? Why am I doing it? What does it look like? Do I have anything else to say?

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Okay! Here's what's up!!!!! (YAY EXCLAIMATION MARKS! AND NO I HAVE NOT HAD ANY MOUNTAIN DEW IN 3 DAYS!!!)

Pat_61 would like to be in it, LiChef would too, as would Lightshayde. I think IeatWindex should be in it... but only if he (I think, sorry if I'm wrong :oops: ) wants to...

So continuing on...

Anything goes, you are not allowed to be at my desk however. Read the actual story a few posts up to see what we're up to and continue it with your character. Klan Kaos will need to bring my papers back at some point, so keep that in mind.

Inspiration if you need it:

Pat_61: I stole/borrowed your favorite pen. (See Archi's post.)

LiChef: I got on your back for a spelling error in your Tip.it Times Article (There were none that I noticed but so what. :D )

Lightshayde: You and I get into a heated discussion about something that you like... I dunno what.

IeatWindex: You found my long-lost (something possibly a GIMP brush set-on-a-CD) on the ground/in a book/on a shelf and won't give it back... or maybe you do.

Subject is a thief.

Woah, Woah, wait up.

How am I indacating I am a thief?

This is suppose to be a quiz, you don't see me pointing out everybodies flaws when they answer it, so why do you choose me? Hmm?

Im not going to go any further, but please just stop.

Took me long to reply to this because I just read over your post.

GG.gif

As you stand on the top of the hill, you notice a large group of people dressed in funny clothes and pretending to fight. 'Nerds' you think to yourself. One of them yells up at you, "We are not nerds!! Maybe you're just rude!!". 'What the?!' you think, 'how'd he know that?'. "This is the RP world mah dear fellow, anything you imagine you can do, you can!". "Yah!" chimes in another of the group, "see, in this world we the people control everything that happens... it's really quite fun!". "Well I don't much see the point in it!" you yell back haughtily, feeling as if they're ganging up on you. "Well there isn't one really, but it's great fun! Try it for a bit, I'm sure you'll like it!". You relucantly march down the hill and stand there as they look at you expectantly. "Well aren't you going to have some powers?" a rather stunningly handsome, smart, funny fellow named Nit says, "just think of some cool things you want to do". You sigh and concentrate, and then begin to scream. You just teleported seven hundred feet into the air! Quickly, before you make a nice little mess for the janitors, you imagine some wings and now you're gliding on down to the ground rather gracefully. After such a rough introduction, you decide you could have some fun with this and spend the whole day there, and by the time you leave you've made your own world there and some great friends to boot! 'I mean, they weren't nerds at all!' you think, reluctantly settling back into reality after the days events. 'I'd like to go back again tomorrow...' you think, as you slowly drift off to sleep.

The Sone made a brief return in order to write the bestest article evar.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Hey, did you read the article so far? We unfortunatly (ERGH I CAN'T SPELL IT) don't have a hill in the Library...

Also we need to do some editing in the current draft; the submission guidelines state 600-1000 words and I'm fairly sure we're nearing the limit... Word tells me we have 825 words. And for questionable content. Small children could possibly read this. (linkage: viewtopic.php?f=186&t=670555)

Goals (in 175 words or less :))

KlanKaos returns the article

I get to my desk

I decide to write the article about the events that happened to me today (smart, huh?)

I pull out my laptop (why not?) and type up the final draft.

Yeah and I think 3 more people need to be introduced. Which gives you all 40 words or less to introduce yourselves in. (reserving 55 words for the goals required)

Oh and I ruined my airplane post count (737 lol)

[hide=My Edited Version]--Could be removed if needed--

%Was removed, left so you know what was removed%

--As the intrepid adventurers hunt complete dangerous quests and fight fearsome monsters, daily life in the Universe goes on for the many other people.--

Hawkxs is one of those people, walking down Varrock high street, grumbling about something or other. He reaches the new Library and heads inside, going towards the main desk at first but turns and walks toward his lonely desk in the far corner, carrying sheafs of paper with whole paragraphs scratched out.

He passes through the vaulted halls of Falador Library, placed in Varrock for who knows what reason...Then without warning Archimage is upon him.

'The illustrious Archimage, founder, owner and all round God of Falador Library.' Hawks snaps out of the stupor he gets in whenever Archimage is around, it's either because she's a mod, or because of Hormones...or maybe its just her self importance and confidence. (Erm... can anyone think of another reason hawks gets in a stupor other than hormones? SMALL CHILDREN.)

"You alright there? You know you can, will, talk to me if something is bothering you, don't you?" Archimage is one of those odd people that doesn't quite ever get the whole sympathy thing right, although her heart is in the right place.

"Its nothing, Im fine." Hawks makes a move to leave although Archimage blocks him without actually moving.

"And the project?" Her tone is that of a weather inquiry.

"Well you see...Well there is this... and Well you know..."

"I see..." A phrase she always uses when someone is being evasive.

Hawks sighs, "No, I haven't done anything more. Its one of those personal things, you know."

Archimage nods sadly, preparing to launch into a story about what once happened when she was a young girl.

"I'll be fine." He half attempts a smile "Just need a good old cuppa tea."

"Well you are in luck then, I just happen to have one here." She says smiling, knowing full well Hawks doesn't drink tea.

"I Err...thanks Archi." She smiles and turns about, walking half way to the archives in only a few seconds.

"Bye then." Hawks whispers dazedly before snapping out of it. Curse her. Looking down at the cup with its little teabag still floating in it, "And her tea." Across the room she seems to make a misstep. Adrenaline suddenly pounding, Hawks makes for the desk.

Now carrying tea in one hand, the papers in the other, Hawk continues through the library. Seeing Dragoonson dressed in a long-sleeved black shirt and a torn denim jacket at his desk applying wax to his hair with both hands, he approaches.

"Hey, you like tea, don't you?" he asks his colleague.

"Well, its better than coffee at keeping awake..."

"You can have this, I think its Earl Grey." Seeing a curious look on the man's face, he hastily adds, Archi gave it to me, you know I don't drink tea, you can have it."

"Ah, considering all the Mountain Dew at your desk, I would've thought so. --I wouldn't suggest drinking so much though,-- %you'll be infertile...%" (possibly the whole sentance)

--"Ah, I'll keep that in mind."-- (if we remove the I wouldn't... it doesn't make sense)

"Hey, by the way, could you help continue on Kardish? I'm having some trouble with it, I know you're good with that." He hands over more paper to Hawk, and excuses himself to wash the wax of his hands.

Hawk stutters at Dragoonsons back for a moment, and then thinks better of it. Whatever Dragoonson thought about him being good at role-playing was obviously a lie He did it to waste away the time, when he was out of books to read and things to draw.

As Hawk heads over to his desk in the corner, KlanKaos slips out from around the next bookcase over. Oh, hey, Hawk, she says, noticing the large sheaf of papers he has in his hands, concealing a small grin at how he's working at trying to keep them together. What're you working on there?

Oh, not too much, says Hawk, stopping and reshuffling his papers into a more orderly stack. Just a little something for the Times.

Hey, sounds great! she answers. Her inquisitive nature gets the best of her, and she reaches over to Hawk, saying, Mind if I take a look? She doesn't wait for his answer, snatching the top page off of his stack and dashing off down the aisles, laughing at his attempts to run after her without dropping any of his papers. She sits down at the end of the aisle while Hawk picks up those that he dropped and takes a quick look over the introduction to the Times article. Then, noticing Hawk is getting closer, she bounces up and swaps her page for the rest of the bundle, leaving Hawk with nothing but the front page (mostly crossed-out) and an angry look beginning to form. She laughs again as she bounds off into a corner to take a look at what he's written so far.

Hawk sighs and continues on towards his desk, knowing there's nothing he can do about it until she brings it back.

825 removing %%

785 removing ----[/hide]

Oh you really took a knife to that didn't you. *Rolls eyes*(I have to do this because people think I am being serouis, and I very rarely am)

Firstly any small child that knows what hormones are probably knows what pheromones are, and any child who knows what phermones are probably knows what they do....

Secondly we can't get rid of the ultra-opening....it is inhuman to not allow people to laugh at its weak, and ripped off, humour.

Thirdly I would remove the whole section:

"Ah, considering all the Mountain Dew at your desk, I would've thought so. --I wouldn't suggest drinking so much though,-- %you'll be infertile...%" (possibly the whole sentance)

--"Ah, I'll keep that in mind."-- (if we remove the I wouldn't... it doesn't make sense)

And just replace it with

'Dragonson nodded slowly with the 'right...' look on his face'

Which feeds perfectly into "Hey, by the way..."

In actual fact I would(being mean) replace the whole thing with a more descriptive version...but there are alot of flaws with that so I will just leave my two cents here.

• 1 month later...
As the intrepid adventurers hunt complete dangerous quests and fight fearsome monsters, daily life in the Universe goes on for the many other people.

Hawkxs is one of those people, walking down Varrock high street, grumbling about something or other. He reaches the new Library and heads inside, going towards the main desk at first but turns and walks toward his lonely desk in the far corner, carrying sheafs of paper with whole paragraphs scratched out.

He passes through the vaulted halls of Falador Library, placed in Varrock for who knows what reason...Then without warning Archimage is upon him.

'The illustrious Archimage, founder, owner and all round God of Falador Library.' Hawks snaps out of the stupor he gets in whenever Archimage is around, it's either because she's a mod, or because of Hormones...or maybe its just her self importance and confidence.

"You alright there? You know you can, will, talk to me if something is bothering you, don't you?" Archimage is one of those odd people that doesn't quite ever get the whole sympathy thing right, although her heart is in the right place.

"Its nothing, Im fine." Hawks makes a move to leave although Archimage blocks him without actually moving.

Hawks sighs, "No, I haven't done anything more. Its one of those personal things, you know."

Archimage nods sadly, preparing to launch into a story about what once happened when she was a young girl.

"Well you are in luck then, I just happen to have one here." She says smiling, knowing full well Hawks doesn't drink tea.

"I Err...thanks Archi." She smiles and turns about, walking half way to the archives in only a few seconds.

"Bye then." Hawks whispers dazedly before snapping out of it. Curse her. Looking down at the cup with its little teabag still floating in it, "And her tea." Across the room she seems to make a misstep. Adrenaline suddenly pounding, Hawks makes for the desk.

Now carrying tea in one hand, the papers in the other, Hawk continues through the library. Seeing Dragoonson dressed in a long-sleeved black shirt and a torn denim jacket at his desk applying wax to his hair with both hands, he approaches.

"You can have this, I think its Earl Grey." Seeing a curious look on the man's face, he hastily adds, Archi gave it to me, you know I don't drink tea, you can have it."

Dragoonson nodded slowly with the 'right...' look on his face.

"Hey, by the way, could you help continue on Kardish? I'm having some trouble with it, I know you're good with that." He hands over more paper to Hawk, and excuses himself to wash the wax off his hands.

Hawk stutters at Dragoonsons back for a moment, and then thinks better of it. Whatever Dragoonson thought about him being good at role-playing was obviously a lie He did it to waste away the time, when he was out of books to read and things to draw.

As Hawk heads over to his desk in the corner, KlanKaos slips out from around the next bookcase over. Oh, hey, Hawk, she says, noticing the large sheaf of papers he has in his hands, concealing a small grin at how he's working at trying to keep them together. What're you working on there?

Oh, not too much, says Hawk, stopping and reshuffling his papers into a more orderly stack. Just a little something for the Times.

Hey, sounds great! she answers. Her inquisitive nature gets the best of her, and she reaches over to Hawk, saying, Mind if I take a look? She doesn't wait for his answer, snatching the top page off of his stack and dashing off down the aisles, laughing at his attempts to run after her without dropping any of his papers. She sits down at the end of the aisle while Hawk picks up those that he dropped and takes a quick look over the introduction to the Times article. Then, noticing Hawk is getting closer, she bounces up and swaps her page for the rest of the bundle, leaving Hawk with nothing but the front page (mostly crossed-out) and an angry look beginning to form. She laughs again as she bounds off into a corner to take a look at what he's written so far.

Hawk sighs and continues on towards his desk, knowing there's nothing he can do about it until she brings it back.

Alright, if nobody wants to add anything else, I'm finishing it...

Hawk takes a seat at his desk, grabbing a bottle of Mountain Dew. He thinks for a moment, then, noticing Archimage has followed him, asks her to find Klan Kaos and get the manuscript back from her. Archimage nods, and she goes off to find Klan. Hawk grabs a pencil and a piece of paper and scrawls in large letters, 'Join the Falador Library! Tons of fun in a huge building! Scenically located next to the Varrock Library, yes in Varrock!' then returns to the front, where Archimage is arguing with Klan Kaos for the manuscript. He shakes his head and goes outside to post the paper in Varrock Square.

"You can keep that." Hawk tells Klan, "I'm writing about today."

She looks at him, puzzled. "What?"

"Everything that happened. It's actually quite a typical day here in the Library."

I'd say give anyone 24 hours to add whatever they want,and submit it then.

I'm glad to know you know how horrible wax is when stuck to your hands.On my brother's wedding I finished my container and spent an hour to wash it off.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

ts?t=14068501760578453631&pid=23296&ppid=0

Hello and welcome to Clips Corner.

(Yeah sorry I have gone temporarily insane and am having uncontrollable giggle fits thinking about this.)

As the intrepid adventurers, of this great world; hunt, complete dangerous quests and fight fearsome monsters, daily life in the Universe goes on for the many other people.

Hawkxs is such person. Walking calmly down Varrock high street and immersed in a conversation with no one in particular. On reaching the Grand Varrockian Library he realises he has come to the wrong town entirely. He heaves a sigh, looks over his shoulder, why is anyone guess, and casts his little spell.

Falador, or more correctly a map of Falador, appears before him... He really needed to talk to Archimage about that. Then he turns around, befounded with the sight that is Falador Library. He could remember the opening ceremony, Archimage proudly unveiling things; the Ooos and Ahhhs of the crowd as the great building appear from behind the white bed sheet...something else he needed to talk to Archimage about.

The room he stood in, the entrance, was a simple affair: a rack for tools and weapons, a stand for coats and hats and even a place for shoes and gloves. On the door was nailed the rules, and Hawkxs hastily written translation of them. But now was not the time for looking, now was the time for action. He had a mission and now he was going to complete it.

The library door was heavy in his hand and heads inside turned to watch the feared one. Going first towards the main desk but then curving toward his lonely desk in the far corner, carrying sheaves of paper with whole paragraphs scratched out.

His footsteps echo on the

OCC: Hey am I going to be allowed to do any role play or are we going to be treated to another epic description?

...Then without warning Archimage is upon him. 'The illustrious Archimage, founder, owner and all round God of Falador Library.' Hawks snaps out of the stupor he gets in whenever Archimage is around, it's either because she's a mod, or because of Hormones...or maybe its just her...

OCC: Style, majesty, coolness...I could go on?

Arrogance.

"You alright there? You know you can...You will talk to me if something is bothering you, don't you?" Archimage is one of those odd people that doesnt ever quite get the whole sympathy thing right, although her heart is in the right place.

"Its nothing, Im fine." Hawks makes a move to leave although Archimage blocks him without actually moving

OCC: Yup I can do that, cant I. Trust him to come up with something silly.

"I Err...thanks Archi." She smiles and turns about, crossing half the hall to the archives in only a few seconds.

Now carrying tea in one hand, the papers in the other, Hawkxs continues through the library. Seeing Dragoonson dressed in a long-sleeved black shirt and a torn denim jacket at his desk applying wax to his hair with both hands, he approaches.

Dragoonson nods slowly with the 'right...' look on his face.

"Hey, by the way, could you help continue on Kardish? I'm having some trouble with it; I know you're good with that." He hands over more paper to Hawk, and excuses himself to wash the wax off his hands.

Hawkxs wanted to head over to his desk in the corner but KlanKaos slips out from around the next bookcase. Oh, hey, Hawk, she said, noticing the large sheaf of papers he has in his hands, while concealing a small grin at how he's working at trying to keep them together. What're you working on there?

Hawk takes a seat at his desk, grabbing a bottle of Mountain Dew. He thinks for a moment, then, noticing Archimage has followed him, asks her to find KlanKaos and get the manuscript back from her. Archimage nods, and she goes off to find Klan. Hawk grabs a pencil and a piece of paper and scrawls in large letters, 'Join the Falador Library! Tons of fun in a huge building! Scenically located next to...' Now where was it? He shakes his head then returns to the front, where Archimage is arguing with KlanKaos for the manuscript. He shakes his head again and goes outside to post the paper in Falador Square.

"You can keep that." Hawk tells Klan, "I'm writing about today."

She looks at him, puzzled. "What?"

"Everything that happened. It's actually quite a typical day here in the Library."

Ps: I wrote that in Word which is double spacing everything(except my coursework) because of my coursework....So can you(Hawkxs) add the paragraphing where neccesary.

Also I think it should be posted Tuesday night(Or when everyone has changed their section to what they think it should be like) for two reasons. Firstly it gives 48 hours notice and secondly I will not be here so I can't feel embaressed. *Winking smily*

• 1 month later...

So I finally figured out where the link was to send off the article, got a reply back from n_odie:

All the authors have talent, but we don't think this article is the one. There are a few problems we have with it.

1. The plot is a clever gimmick, but it's just that, and it really doesn't bring any true content to the table. Nothing happens!

2. The author doesn't commit to the RP. You're either in game, or your not, so no Mountain Dew if you're in Varrock Library.

3. The setting is weak. If you're not going to develop plot, you need to be really immerse and make us feel at home.

The Times has not seen an RP article in ages, lets make it top notch. With a little work it will really be something fantastic.

I do not mind posting on the thread if you do not want to relay bad news. I hope it is received more so as constructive criticism... And don't feel limited to 1000 words. Go as long as you want.

Nic

So does anyone have any new ideas we can add to add more detail and whatnot? \'

I'm finishing off my Neverwinter Nights custom campaign,when I'm done I'll do it,tomorrow-ish.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...