Tip.it Times Article In Progress

Hawks

Are you in the Tip.it Times Article?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in the Tip.it Times Article?

• Yes
    • No, and I do not plan on being in it.
    • No, but I plan to be in it.

While walking along a dusty path, slightly east of Falador, you notice a large building, sitting conspicuously in a field whose previous occupants were but a few cows. But this was no ordinary building. It was extraordinarily different from the architecture of its Faladorian counterparts.

It seemed to be the product of a drunken builders nightmare. Columns, buttresses, domes, pyramids, all blending seamlessly into one another. You could be driven mad trying to follow the contours of one edge of the building. But, if you studied it long enough (and managed to keep your sanity), you would find that it made a weird sort of sense. A calculated solution created from random components.

After doing your best to get your head around this structures incredible amount of unnecessary decoration, you decide to enter. Climbing over a rickety wooden fence, you warily approach the building.

The doors seem to be carved out of massive slabs of granite. Incredibly pretty, but not very practical. At least three men would be needed to move it, you estimate. You extend a hand to search for some kind of arcane trigger, but something stops you.

Small words were slowly being carved into the granite. You squint to make them out

STAND BACK ADJUSTING TEMPORAL CONSTRUCTERS

You scratch your head, wondering what this could mean, but a slow grinding noise, makes you step hastily backwards until your feet were resting safely on green grass. The very building is changing before your eyes! Windows disappearing, columns sliding away into the ground, balconies sliding back into the very stone.

This process took less than a slightly nauseous minute, yet you are amazed to see the huge amount of changes. The building now looked no different than any other located within Falador.

You decide youre going to get to the bottom of this mystery. Gritting your teeth, you march forward, and knock on the door (no longer granite, but a tasteful oaken one, complete with doorknob). While you wait for a response, you note that the word Library was carved into the stone above the door.

No answer yet. You summon up your courage and twist the doorknob, stepping into the Library slowly. A voice echoed throughout the halls, startling you into letting go of the doorknob, causing the door to slam shut behind you.

Welcome, friend. To the Library, the voice crackled like the sound of thousand-year old parchment being scrunched up, yet it carried a haunting note, as if he had said, Welcome to my Dungeon of Doom.

Youre our first visitor. At least, in this land. Laughter rang out softly down the shelves.

You step forward slowly, drinking in your surroundings like a connoisseur drinking in a fine wine. Shelves extended for as far as you can see, full of all manners of literature. Scrolls, sheafs of paper bound with string, thick grimoires bound in dark covers, even loose pieces of paper, some of which had slipped free and now littered the floor.

There was a single spotlight up ahead, which shone light onto some kind of pedestal.

You walked briskly forward, your previous caution now overwhelmed with the infamous feline-murderer.

You pause short of the pedestal, noticing a thick book resting upon it. The cover read, in thick gothic lettering, Catalogue.

Whats in here? You murmur, mostly to yourself, but partly hoping the mystery voice would reveal the secrets of the book. Hell, this entire place would be nice.

The unseen person seemed to be waiting for the million-dollar question, and it answered with a slight hint of smugness in its dusty voice, Everything, friend. Anything your imagination can dream up exists in that book. You can live out your wildest dreams, your most far-fetched fantasies in here the voice paused, there is one catch, however.

You are enthralled by the possibilities this book could offer.

Whats the catch? You ask unthinkingly.

It needs people to exist. Without people, this this Catalogue of the Library cannot function. New stories will not be written, played out, finished it will be about as useful as a doorstop if there are no people for with it to co-exist. It needs thoughts like you need air.

You ponder this for a moment. The possibilities for this place are endlessly endless.

So, friend? Shall you be the one to breathe life back into this Library? Spread the word, and this Library may be returned to its former splendour.

--------

Tada? Hopefully the ending is a big enough "Hint-Hint".

Anything I can go back to improve? It was pretty rushed and stuff.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm well I like it...but like you said it seems rushed. It also seemed...over complex, though that was more down to the compression than the concept. I mean we have a building and a strange voice, I would want to get to know the voice a little...If this wasn't a times article I would have a little bit on the end when one of us tells the voice to stop scarying the new people and appologsing to them...but that doesn't quiet seem in the spirit...Ah well just my opinion.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

You sit across from a small library, eating a monkfish when out of the corner of your eye, you notice someone, beckoning for you.

"Stranger Danger." Your head tells you, but you go with your gut, and wrap your lunch back up before going towards the mysterious man in robes.

You follow him around the library, and he then stops next to the front door and tells you:

"As luck would have it, there is room for one more."

The door opens with no one there to do it, like it was magic. You enter, figuring out whether to be scared, or excited that this new possibility has opened to you.

As soon as you enter the door, you notice a couple bookshelves, each full of various hardcovers, and softcovers. One catches your eye, and you pick it up and open it.

Suddenly, you feel...different. Where could you be?

You search around and find yourself standing next to a desk. The clerk behind it asks for some information.

As you fill out the paperwork, you notice odd things like whether your race is elf, dwarf, or goblin. As you ponder what to choose, you ask the clerk:

"How can I fill this out when I am but a human?"

The clerk smiles and says:

"Who have you ever wanted to be?"

You choose your answer and fill out the rest of the odd paperwork. In the process, you ask the clerk:

"Where am I?"

The clerk smiles again and replies:

"Anywhere you can imagine."

Suddenly, everything disappears, and you reappear in a new world, where monsters and elves walk about. Where are you? You notice that your body has changed, you are a new person.

A voice from the sky, as if a god, yells down:

"How will you save the elf village?"

You notice other people at the other side of the small village and run to them.

"Where am I?" You ask.

"Why, you are in the Falador Library!" One of the elves responds.

"No I'm not!" You reply.

"It must be your first time! Well, the Falador Library is unlike any before it. While the Varrock Library is full of reading materials, in the Falador Library, you live the material! The writer guides you along, but you get to play out the story! You can do anything, be anyone, and join any story! There are so many possibilities!"

You suddenly understand the wonders of the Falador library, and join your new friends as they save the elf village.

After your mission, you and your friends are suddenly back in the real world, back in the Library. The man in the cloak stands against the front door frame and smiles.

"Did you enjoy your adventure?" He asks.

The man in the cloak is obviously Archimage...just an idea, not something too good...it probably pales in comparison to langz...

Whoa...it sounded really cheesy after I read through it...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I'll fire mine up tonight.Got a LAN party in a bit.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Dear Member of the Tip It Community.

It has come to our attention that you have been flagrantly disregarding the rules of literature. It seems that you have been... Writing. As you know we at Tip It will not accept this outrageous action and we demand that it come to an immediate halt.

Sincerely,

The Fuzz

Dear Ex-Member of the Tip It Community

We regret to inform you that your account has been suspended for two days owing to your persistent rule breaking. We would like to draw you attention to the Tip It Constitution, Article one, sub-section one of paragraph one. For your reference this says "Free thought is forbidden." We hope that this suspension will give you the much needed time to think about what you have done.

Sincerely,

The Fuzz

Dear Ex-Account user

We regret to inform you that your account has been permanently suspended for your continuing stories and your dismissal of staff warnings. We must remind you that the rules are there for a reason, without them we would descend into a world where RuneScape was not the only thing to be talked about. I am sure you agree that the Rare' Market is the only thing we can afford to speculate on.

Regretfully.

The Fuzz

Dear Multiple Account user

In response to your recent creation of a second account we have amended out constitution to include "Attempting to bypass a ban by accessing the forums with another account will result in a permanent, immediate ban." as a prologue. We hope that this action will show you that we do not tolerate rule breakers. Your account is to be terminated immediately. You are also reminded that writing of a fictional kind will not be tolerated.

Sincerely,

The Fuzz

Miscreant

Your continuing efforts to undermine the administration will not be tolerated! You will immediately CEASE AND DECEAST or face a punitive punishment, including a total post wipe. We regret having to come to these kind of actions but you have left us NO choice.

Dear Sir or Madame

We regret that we have to inform you that we have had to ban your son or daughter from taking part in our online forum, Tip It. While usually we would not involve the parents we believe that your child is an unfit member of society and wish that you deal with their 'free' thoughts before we have to involve the Thought Police.

Sincerely

Francis Bacon (The Fuzz)

Dear Sir

We were shocked to read your response to our previous letter and must report your activities to the Though Police. We can only hope that your Daughter is placed with a respectable family.

Sincerely

Francis Bacon (The Fuzz)

Dear 'Forsaken Mage'

Due to a recent....Alternation...In the Government we wish to offer you the place of Moderator of the New Varrock Library on the internet forum Tip It. We also apologise for the recent letters that were dispatched to you, it seems that certain members of the administration team had been temporarily rendered insane. We hope to read many of your stories in the future.

Have a Nice Day.

Sincerely

The Fuzz

"...and thats the way it really happened." Archimage recounted to the many faces as the sat quietly listening in Classroom 7B. He took a short bow and left the room. Outside his able assistant Hawks was waiting for him.

"Do you think they bought it?" Hawks asked nervously

"Well it wasn't as strange as what really happened. I can tell ya."

____

Yup I don't really like it but I thought that it might get some juices following...and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

• 8 months later...

Story

[hide]A door crashed, The battered old librarian looked at his books, He stood in an empty library.

The library was old and gothic, There lay books and books and books, The door opened and a slightly harrased women walked through the door.

It was during the second great war, The women only found solitude in this library.

"Hello" The librarian said slowly.

the women was wearing a green trenchcoat and a helmet, She took off her helmet, too big for her anyway. she looked around the library.

"is this varrock library, Wheres reldo?"

the librarian was short, he sat in the middle of a room surrounded by books, he was in his late sixtys and had thinning grey hair, he barley managed to sit on his chair without falling off.

"Thi.. This is Falador library" he quivered as he always seemed to do

"But we do have some nice books" he added quickly

The women looked skeptical, she was much taller then the man and very thin.

she walked towards a small alcove with a banner reading 'rusco' she looked at it and walked into the alcove and opened a book, There was no name, no author, nothing inside either, she flicked through the dirtied pages.

she seemed to just appear in a empty field, there was a large rock next to her and some sheep walking around, this was a diffrence from the bomb citys of world war two, she decided to stumble towards a forest, she tripped on a rock and as she fell over she twisted around and covered herself in mud. She didn't want to be here anymore, she tried to stumble off but in a second she was in the library again the librarian stood right behind her.

"quite a change from outside isn't it"

the room shaked for a second accompanyed by a large bang.

"Well... At least Mr hitler can't get us here" she smiled.

the librarian bent down on the floor and picked up the book, she had dropped it.

"I slipped on a puddle of mud...." he started to read alone, The girl was intreged.

She ran towards another book and started to read it away in her head.

She stood in a dark room, it homed a wooden door with a barred window, The door smashed open as a large man walked in through the door holding a large metal battleaxe, he wore dark plate armour. He lunged it towards her, She moved away

"HELP!" she screamed

and in an instant she felt her fingers tense together, The knight lunged the battleaxe at her but it was to no effect.

she lifted the man up and threw him against the wall in an instant, the wall fell against him, a split in the wall carryed on outside the whole room, suddenly an army of men entered, around twenty all weilding swords and armour.

She felt the power surge through her as she snapped there legs with her foot and as she threw them around at a whim, she turned around and suddenly saw a metal axe fly towards her.

She closed her eyes and was in the library again.

the librarian looked at her and raised his eyes.

"How is this happening?" she demanded

the librarian didn't reply and gave her another book.

She opened it almost insinctivly.

She stood on a hill, there stood a man, he had black hair swept over his face and bright blue eyes.

"I love you" he said slowly

The women was confused.

The man slowly walked towards her and went to kiss.

the women didn't like this and tried to stop it, somehow she managed to pull a knife out of her coat.

the man stepped back but the women slit his throat and searched his coat for a wallet, she took the wallet.

"This isn't like me?" she thought shocked to herself.

The librarian stood in this world with her and infront of her

"you can be anyone and be anywhere any time instantly" he spoke and dematerialed.

The library was gone and she stood outside the entrance to where the library would've been, The stood battered buildings and a red sky. planes flew over and bombed the place but she ignored it and made her trip to varrock library, not forgetting falador

by Hextriplet

[/hide]

meatlover.png

I really like where Hex went with his story, but I felt like it could have been expanded on, as well as needing some revision for grammar and the like

[hide=My rendition]The door crashed. The old, but wise, librarian looked up from his book, into the empty library.

Ancient was the best word to describe the library, who's walls had seen the stories of countless battles, of endless friendships, and the infinitely diverse stories of those that called the place home. The small door squeaked it's way open, and a slightly harrased woman stumbled in.

Hello, the librarian said slowly, cautiously.

The woman wore a green trenchcoat, but underneath it rusted the armor of the city's guards. She pulled of her helmet, easily two sizes too large, and looked around the library.

Where's Reldo? This is the Varrock Library, right? What about Ami? The woman asked.

This is the Falador Library. The librarian said simply. But we do have some nice books. He quickly added.

The woman looked skeptical. She walked over to a slightly less dusty rack of books, marked Rusco, and pulled down one of the tomes. There was no author, no name, nothing written on the pages at all.

She simply appeared in an empty field, a large rock next to her, the sounds of a running river in the distance to the north. She looked around, and walked a little ways in curiousity. She slipped on some mud, her eyes closing with the impact.

When she opened her eyes, she was back in the library, on her feet, though she had dropped the book. The librarian picked it up.

I found myself in another world, a river running to the north of me some ways. He read. I walked forward into a patch of mud, slipped on it and...

The woman was intrigued. From a different rack, she picked up a different book, this one titled, but illegibly and with no author. She read...

Crystal's small battilion was all that stood between Hitler's armies and the free world. She prepared herself for battle..

The woman looked up, and found herself in the middle of a war trench, facing down a marching army. A shell shot itself through the air and came down on where she stood. The woman closed her eyes, expecting death.

She opened her eyes again when nothing happened. The library shook slightly as she did so, as if an explosion had rocked in the distance.

Eagerly, she picked up book after book, reading them, and in turn adding her own parts to the stories as she reacted to the events within the books.

Slowly, the sun climbed down the sky, and the woman decided she should leave.

Welcome to the Falador Library, the librarian said as she left.

The library was gone, and she stood outside the entrance to where the library would have been. Pushing her helmet onto her head, she went out on guard duty again.

By Hextriplet and Tylerelyt

[/hide]

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I really like where Hex went with his story, but I felt like it could have been expanded on, as well as needing some revision for grammar and the like

[hide=My rendition]The door crashed. The old, but wise, librarian looked up from his book, into the empty library.

Ancient was the best word to describe the library, who's walls had seen the stories of countless battles, of endless friendships, and the infinitely diverse stories of those that called the place home. The small door squeaked it's way open, and a slightly harrased woman stumbled in.

Hello, the librarian said slowly, cautiously.

The woman wore a green trenchcoat, but underneath it rusted the armor of the city's guards. She pulled of her helmet, easily two sizes too large, and looked around the library.

Where's Reldo? This is the Varrock Library, right? What about Ami? The woman asked.

This is the Falador Library. The librarian said simply. But we do have some nice books. He quickly added.

The woman looked skeptical. She walked over to a slightly less dusty rack of books, marked Rusco, and pulled down one of the tomes. There was no author, no name, nothing written on the pages at all.

She simply appeared in an empty field, a large rock next to her, the sounds of a running river in the distance to the north. She looked around, and walked a little ways in curiousity. She slipped on some mud, her eyes closing with the impact.

When she opened her eyes, she was back in the library, on her feet, though she had dropped the book. The librarian picked it up.

I found myself in another world, a river running to the north of me some ways. He read. I walked forward into a patch of mud, slipped on it and...

The woman was intrigued. From a different rack, she picked up a different book, this one titled, but illegibly and with no author. She read...

Crystal's small battilion was all that stood between Hitler's armies and the free world. She prepared herself for battle..

The woman looked up, and found herself in the middle of a war trench, facing down a marching army. A shell shot itself through the air and came down on where she stood. The woman closed her eyes, expecting death.

She opened her eyes again when nothing happened. The library shook slightly as she did so, as if an explosion had rocked in the distance.

Eagerly, she picked up book after book, reading them, and in turn adding her own parts to the stories as she reacted to the events within the books.

Slowly, the sun climbed down the sky, and the woman decided she should leave.

Welcome to the Falador Library, the librarian said as she left.

The library was gone, and she stood outside the entrance to where the library would have been. Pushing her helmet onto her head, she went out on guard duty again.

By Hextriplet and Tylerelyt

[/hide]

Thanks, thats a really good rendition, thanks. (i'm not good with grammar unless I check it through a lot)

Hmmmm, We should all have a picture that represents us best (for example our avatar) and then write what falador means to us.

meatlover.png

I was thinking, what about some posters for our stories, similar to the ones used in Bioshock. Rather than looking like we are all about our own characters we could show that we are all about the worlds which we create.

I do rather like the story, it reminds me of the old Mr Benn cartoons: Mr Benn

Perhaps we could create something similar to the introduction, showing someone in many different costumes...

Great idea... We need someone who's really good at making pictures though and is a member of falador library.... Wait.... :P

are you talking about the

[hide][img[http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/bioshock/images/7/7a/MeetDrGrossman.jpg[/img][/hide]

bioshock posters or the

[hide]Winterblasttrythis.jpg[/hide]

plasmid posters?

Maybe if we do one in an old fallout 3 bioshock style it'll give our feature a distinctive style.

meatlover.png

Outside of that I am going to work on some head graphics and such, we need to work though the list in detail so I suggest that you work on polishing the interview and we put the other three out to the community. I would say that IMVU would probably be our best bet for creating a group photo, since we would all use the same general format, so editing them all together would be easier...though we would need to use a white background which might be problematic...The other alternative would be a group meet on Runescape, but that might be troublesome given the time differences.

The only other alternative I can think of would be Puzzle Pirates, but that would take a lot of work to get enough in game money to finance a group photo, and ultimately wouldn't be that unique.

I would also recommend writing another song, though preferably to a more cheery tune. Possibly this one:

Though I would prefer not just stealing a song entirely

God save the Queen

Lyrics:(Shameless self promoting)

Mods save our fair Rusco

Long life and noble times

Mods save us please

Send them Victorious

Happy and Glorouis

Stand tall Impervouis

Mods save us please

Oh Lord Archi Arise

Scatter our foes Aside

And make them fall

Blast though their foolish Antics

Stop them their Semantics

On thee our Hopes we fix

Mods have saved us all

The greatest works we store

For these we do adore

Long may we rule

May more join our band

And then by sides they stand

To sing with heart and soul

Mods save Rusco

Maybe we could open with a barren black landscape and then add things in a peicemeal fashion, in accordance with the tune. It has a very constructionish feel about it.

Same song, but shorter

Another thought would perhaps be something like this:

I personally have not watched any of these yt vids yet as I need to have Adobe updated. :evil:

I'm working on a banner for the feature itself, Archi will be doing the content headers, and we'll need posters for each roleplay:

Rusco (I'll probably do this one)

Project Desiral

And any other ones that the owners wish to contribute, or request to be made.

I will be polishing up the interview. Archi has contacted Kill_Life regarding its being posted. We still need an outright Falador intro article and an additional related article (or more)

A group portrait or theme song needs to be created. It might be possible for a RS group pic at an arranged time.

[spoiler=Forum Feature WIP]

(totally stolen from TET Community Spotlight)

Forum Feature ~ Falador Library

Foreword

Welcome to the Forum Feature!

This is a chance to get a behind the scenes look at a specific forum at Tip.it. This one is all about your one and only Falador Library, a forum filled with off-the-wall role-playing and fun.

Join as we take a tour through some of the great things that happen in this forum. We'll start with a fictional story that gives you a little insight into the world of the role-players. It's a little strange, maybe, but the events that occur here are fun and more than worthy of your time. It's a long one but a good one. We will then learn what goes into creating a role-play and possibly get you interested in joining one. Next is an interview, questions thought up by us of the Library... They might be a bit biased, but if you've got unanswered questions we'll cheerfully answer them. We've got a little group portrait to show you, and a surprise for you at the end.

So I hope you enjoy this once in a lifetime chance to see just a bit of how things behind the scenes here in the Falador Library. At the bottom, you will find a list of helpful links that will lead you to some important topics for your future reading pleasure. Thank you for allowing us to showcase our own corner of TIF and I hope you enjoy all our hard work put into this production.

On behalf of the whole Falador Library, we hope you enjoy this. Since we can't exactly add our motto to the end of that sentence, we shall add it here: Falador Library... Where Worlds Collide.

Fictional Story

We desperately need to finish this ASAP.

How we go about creating a role-play/other falador related story

This can be anything related to Falador/rping in some way!!!!! DESPERATELY NEEDED ASAP.

Peeps in the Library Interview

Finished, please proofread in the next bit of post if possible.

Group Portrait OR Theme Song

Theme Song or RSMV of it is in progress atm, group portrait could be created, see following idea.

Links and Other Awesomeness

Will have poster/banner links like a scroll thingy.

How To Join the Library

Newcomers (Basic Falador Info)

Info-Gram (Information about Rusco)

Role-Plays in the Library

A Special Surprise!

Possibly the starscape sig/banner I've made, if no one particularly cares.

(We will narrow down this sig list soon)

2e540hl.jpg

14vk7iq.jpg

flsig.png

flsig1.png

The Small Print

If you have any questions or comments feel free to respond here or PM hawkxs or archimage_a. They would be glad to help you out. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Many thanks goes to all of the forum members for their work on this project, but a special thanks to archimage_a, hawkxs, Hextriplet, and who_am_i for their dedication on this project. I hope you have enjoyed this as much as we did working on this. And for one last time, our motto, Falador Library... Where Worlds Collide!

Peeps in the Library Interview WIP

Hi, and thanks for offering your time to tell us a little about the Falador Library.

archimage_a: Np, its what I am not paid to do.

who_am_i: No problem. Anything to drag more people into the evil wonderful land of Rusco.

hawkxs: Cool, I'll do what I can to show people how amazing the Fally Library really is.

hextriplet: What else would I waste that five minutes on? Its my holidays. Anyway, you're welcome for thanking me. Anyway, I'll do nearly anything (don't get any ideas) to get more people into Falador Library.

How did you find out about the Library in the first place? What drove you to join it?

archimage_a: It all started years ago when I was in Varrock Library and there was a story called 'Smoke Eagle and Gaalsian' or something similar, which was my first experiance of roleplay. Because I was new I couldn't join it, but as I got better at writing I wanted to do one of my own, and so when the chance came up to moderate the new Falador Library I jumped at the chance.

hextriplet: Well... really, as soon as I created an account on Tip.it I looked for roleplaying as I've done it before on the RuneScape forums and I found it quite fun, I realised it was not there until I found Falador Library.... what could it be, maybe it was a meeting place for people within RuneScape. I didn't know, I slowly moved mouse over the text, it highlighted... I clicked! and then I realised that I had to register, I Pmed Archimage the rules written in my own words and hesitated at first to join a roleplay but I joined Project Desiral as soon as it started and it is really fun.

hawkxs: I was involved in the beginning and thought up a lot of the randomness that now makes up the Library, along with archimage_a and many others who have left, sadly. Since I was invovled in the beginning, I'm pretty much guaranteed to join it. It was finally a bit of role-playing in with the arts and literature in TIF.

who_am_i: I heard about in a Tip.It Times article about the more obscure parts of TIF, and I decided Rusco sounded amazing, so I joined. I have to say, it was more amazing than I thought it would be.

hawkxs: So it worked! (I wrote that article.)

Can you tell us a little bit about what happens in the Library?

who_am_i: A few fights. A few friendships. A little spying. A little mobstering. Some goblin slaying. Some robot slaying. Yeah. You get the picture. But mainly you get to join a very fun community in a community with some great people.

hawkxs: Pretty much craziness. If you spend a few minutes here, we're guaranteed to rub off on you. Role-playing happens, but also a lot of fun and interesting discussions. I think we might spend more time discussing rping than actually rping.

hextriplet: You roleplay, it's like telling a story but with many different writers, it's really fun to do because you're only effecting your character, its like being a story writer apart from less then half the work and one hundred times the fun.

archimage_a: Writing mainly, though we are branching out into video and recently into singing, though that might drive people away. =P

What's up with all of this story stuff? Why do you role-play that way?

hextriplet: Well, there are tons of ways of roleplaying, you can roleplay in games and on a tabletop with funny dice and complicated xp systems.... which is seen to most people as sad (depends whether they're wearing costumes). Well the thing with forum roleplaying is you can really do what you want in an RP it can be set in the future in the past, a million miles underground or thousands of leagues away in space. It can be set with an alternate history, you can do what you like. You're not held by the constraints of playing a game. The only limit is your imagination... and trust me, no-one here is short of that.

hawkxs: For us, in a forum-based setting, it's easiest to fudge the technical stuff and play it by ear. It's also easier and more fun and has seemed to work for us. Not that your traditional table-top RPG style with all sorts of stats and systems wouldn't work, it's just that we've chosen to stick with what people seem to like and what seems to work.

archimage_a: Story writing is fun, it gives you the chance to be creative when you are rubbish at art. Roleplay can be done anyway you like, I just do it this way because I enjoy it.

who_am_i: Is there another way to role-play? Honestly, I don't think it would be as fun if it were the D&D style role-playing, and it's nothing near as nerdy, and ten times more fun.

How did the idea come about?

archimage_a: There has been a constant demand for a roleplaying forum since I joined the forum, though usually it was too small and Varrock Library catered to the need. But in more recent times the demand has grown stronger, so when people asked Tip It obliged and I stepped up to moderate. It was really that simple.

hawkxs: I'm not really sure anymore, but it was the Forum Updates and Suggestions forum where the idea originated. We had a lot of support from the users and from a few mods as well. The topic is lost to the ages, sadly, I can't find it.

What's your favorite Role-Play in the Library?

who_am_i: Rusco. Hands down.

hextriplet: Well.... it's the only RP I'm in: Project Desiral, it's really good. It mixes WW2 era with sci-fi.

archimage_a: Rusco.

hawkxs: The Lost Library was a very well thought out and fun one, but I have to say Rusco is the biggest and the best, just because of the way it works. Project Desiral is a really interesting one and is turning out to be pretty cool.

Got any crazy things happening right now?

who_am_i: There's always crazy stuff happening in this library. However, a bunch of us met at Malburg's Inn in Rusco, and now we get to see how Archi reacts to a bunch of primitive people who use bows and spears, instead of the futuristic weapons from his world.

hextriplet: Yeah... in Project Desiral I'm in prison... lol, archimage's character knocked me out and dragged me there, I need to find a way to escape.

hawkxs: Well, in Rusco, Archi is in an Inn and a couple of us are heading to meet him there. We're not really sure what the rest of the people are doing. Zeplo was recently restarted, and Project Desiral is going strong and is developing some interesting plot without much effort.

archimage_a: A list of sane things would probably be shorter. Hmmm, well I just agreed to sing a song and post in on the web, so that is probably the crazist thing so far, though not by much.

How do you go about joining the Library?

hextriplet: Well you first have to read the rules (This is to stop people not knowing how to rp when they join) and then send them in your own words to Archimage_a who'll review them and hopefully say yes :P Then post in discussion to tell everyone you're new. That way we'll know you're a new member of the Falador Library community.

who_am_i: First, you offer a lamb to the Black god of the Underworld. Then, you send the rules, with every word backwords but everything otherwise correct, to Archimage_a, who will either accept or decline, depending on how he feels.

hawkxs: There's a sticky that's listed later in the feature, but basically you PM Archi telling him you've read the rules and know them. (the rules are also linked to in the links section).

archimage_a: You read the rules, rewrite them in your own style and send them to me then I say yea come in.

Do you have anything in particular to tell the people of TIF about Falador?

hawkxs: Falador is really awesome and I'd encourage you to become a part of it. If you have some good ideas for role plays or want to join in on one, or come be a part of Rusco, you should definitely join us. Even just take a look at the forums (you do need to be logged in to do so). Oh, and we're a little crazy here, as should be apparent by our Forum Feature.

who_am_i: If you play any Forum Games other than the counting games, or you enjoy the quests of Runescape, then the Falador Library would be fun for you, simply because it works in much the same way as some of them.

archimage_a: We do exactly what it says on the tin. Roleplay.

hextriplet: Join! its really fun. I'm making my own RP so if you join Falador Library join that :P. Rusco seems really good but I haven't tried it yet. It's really fun roleplaying, you should definitely try it out.

Thanks for your time, and thanks for being a part of the Falador Library!

hawkxs: I'm glad to be a part of it!

hextriplet: :twss: Thanks, well. I'll always give as much time as I can to Falador

who_am_i: Any time, any time.

archimage_a: Archimage Away!

PORTRAIT IDEA:

Everyone get a 'new' Standard Def pic of their character in the equipment screen with the char as close forward-facing as possible. I will either attempt to edit them together or draw one of us all.

New twist (semi old but whatever) Archi is lecturing a class on the origins and the respectable members and creators of one of the finest establishments of higher learning that exists today.

We've done the fictional story already its a couple of pages up.

I'll be doing the how we go around making a roleplay?

this could be useful as I am so bloody shocking at drawing :P

and i'm talking to you in rusco.

My computer sucks and won't let me visit that site as it's categorized 'Humor'. Fail, Norton, Fail. I recommend HeroCreator 2.5

I will edit/proofread the story.

[spoiler=thrice edited story]The door crashed open, into the wall. The old, but wise, librarian looked up from his book, into the empty library.

Ancient was the best word to describe the library, whose walls had seen the stories of countless battles, of endless friendships, and the infinitely diverse stories of those that called the place home. The small door squeaked it's way open, and a slightly harassed woman stumbled in.

“Hello,” the librarian said slowly, cautiously.

The woman wore a green trench coat, but underneath it rusted the armor of the city's guards. She pulled of her helmet, easily two sizes too large, and looked around the library.

“Where's Reldo? This is the Varrock Library, right? What about Ami?” the woman asked.

“This is the Falador Library,” the librarian said simply. “But we do have some nice books,” he quickly added.

The woman looked skeptical. She walked over to a slightly less dusty rack of books, marked “Rusco,” and pulled down one of the tomes. There was no author, no name, nothing written on the pages at all.

She simply appeared in an empty field, a large rock next to her, the sounds of a running river in the distance to the north. She looked around, and walked a little ways in curiosity. She slipped on some mud, her eyes closing with the impact.

“I found myself in another world, a river running to the north of me some ways,” he read, “I walked forward into a patch of mud, slipped on it and…” the passage trailed off.

The woman was intrigued. From a different rack, she picked up a different book, this one titled, but illegibly and with no author. She read the passage aloud:

“Crystal's small battalion was all that stood between Hitler's armies and the free world. She prepared herself for battle…”

Slowly, the sun climbed down the sky, and the woman decided she should leave, to return to tell the tale to her fellow guards.

“Welcome to the Falador Library,” the librarian said as she left.

The library was gone, and she stood outside the entrance to where the library would have been. Pushing her helmet onto her head, she went to her expected post, thinking of the Library and the stories it contained.

By Hextriplet, Tylerelyt, and hawkxs (by the members of Falador Library is less unwieldy)

I would like to request that anywhere my name is who_am_i, it be changed into Tylerelyt. I kinda dislike my tif username. Other than that, I have this picture from the great tip pic:tylerelytpic.png

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Ok, how about this.

we all need to write a bit about our characters and then we put them together. maybe with a picture or so and that might give people a good idea on the diffrent characters you can be.

And no-one do anything with the story, i've made it.... post it later though.

meatlover.png

The day was starting to end and the moon hit the horizon slowly and steadily. The women ran around the streets holding wearing a helmet (easily about two sizes two big for her) and a long green trench coat. She was quite young, maybe middle twenties.

A bomb struck the building behind her like a fiery mass of destruction. She was thrown in the air. She fell on the floor and tried to run more, there was utter chaos on the barren streets. Most of the buildings had been destroyed in one way or another. There was one building that gleamed beautifully in the sunset, she couldnt seem to see it perfectly the sun glared in her eyes not allowing her to see but she managed to walk in.

Hello the man said solemnly he seemed old, about seventy. He wore a grey suit and had fuzzy grey hair under his suit he wore a bow tie and was dressed very well. The women pulled off her large helmet and let it clatter to the floor. She revealed long brown hair. She threw her trench coat in the corner and watched as it seemed to float for a bit.

Can I help you the man asked

Wheres Reldo? she asked

Reldo was the owner of Varrock library he was much younger then the man.

This is Falador library he said slowly

The women walked about and looked at the books they were arranged randomly and appeared unordered apart from a small alcove which read Rusco, She walked towards the alcove and picked up a red book and started to look through it quickly, flicking through the pages. There was nothing in the book; just a blank book and then, she blinked. She wasnt in the library; she was in a deserted house.

She was in a bedroom, but there was no bed, it was jet black but she could see small cracks of light beaming through the roof. She looked around and Whoosh a playing card flew past her face. The joker. It was a normal paper card but it was hard as steel.

She waited for her eyes to adjust to light and there she saw a single glowing dot, the dot became larger to reveal an eye and then again Whoosh she felt a sharp pain right in her heart, looked down to reveal another card, Ace.

She felt more hit her and then her eyes closed slowly. She had died, or well; she was going to. She closed her eyes and she was back in the library. The book by her feet,

She jolted backwards into the books behind her. The librarian stood right in front of her.

Where was I? she shouted at the man, terrified.

You were in Rusco he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world

Wha. The women said slowly and quickly walked to another book.

She stood by the wall in the armoury. A dagger in her hand and a katana in the other. A knight wore black armour and stood in front of her, his build was large and his face was covered by a black helmet, only his dark eyes were visible through the helmet and they seemed to pierce through the girl like a knife. He wielded a two handed sword in one hand and in his other hand was a large spiked gauntlet. The sword crashed down on the other weapons in the room tipping them to the floor, bending and breaking others.

She dropped the dagger on the floor in fear but she held the katana extremely tightly. The two handed sword swooped right over her head nearly touching her but it was she managed to duck. Another swing of the sword hit her but she managed to catch the sword in her hand, cutting slowly into her hand. Then the man appeared wearing a clean black suit and finely trimmed black hair, he wore two long meteor hammers in his hands and looked at the women. Remember, you can do nearly anything here. The man turned around to reveal an army of knights like the one that she was fighting but they wore silver armour. He swung his hammers around and cracked there breast plates and then in and instant he swung an invisible wire through the people, monomolecular wire. He pulled and watched as all the knights fell to the floor.

Remember, anything he then seemed to disappear in an explosion of black feathers, when they subsided they were gone.

The women looked at the knight and pulled two knives from behind her back, she hadnt noticed they were there, a magic satchel seemed to be behind her and she seemed to be able to withdraw most weapons from it. In an instant she took out another dagger and threw it into the slit between the helmet. The dark knight lifted off his helmet the reveal chainmail and then a face, with dark piercing eyes and black shaggy hair.

In an instant he wielded five long bayonets in each hand, they seemed to shine and glow so powerfully. He threw them at the women but she managed to dodge them.

DIE SCUM! he shouted at the top of the voice, the room shook.

She swung the katana with all of her force at his head, he raised his gauntlet and the weapon shattered into a thousand pieces. She drew a flick knife and another sword. This time the dark knight grabbed the women and lifted her into the air and pushed her against the wall, he took the sword out of her hand and went to drive it right through her heart but in an instant she took the flick knife and drove it right into his forehead. He fell on the floor searing in pain and then he fell on the floor.

The women was outside the library, the man stood by the women and asked

Why did you try so hard to get to varrock library so much? he asked

Overdue book she replied honestly

The man laughed and walked closer to the door of the library.

Oh yeh, youd better run he said quite quickly and opened the door to the library.

Now! he said in a patronizing voice.

The women started to run and exactly where she stood a bomb hit

When the smoke cleared the library had gone, or had it?

By Hex

meatlover.png

The key problem I notice is that... basically... Rusco isn't that combat heavy. Project Desiral is, and the others are somewhere in-between...So we need to be a little bit more circumspect about this.

Just change rusco to "a worn book with a unreadable name" i'll do it sometime.

Infact, my character throws razor cards and I kept it for that reason.

Hawkxs, estimated time of it happening? the feature.

Edited by Hextriplet
meatlover.png

Timeframe: Unknown. Waiting for word from Archi who is (I assume) waiting for word from Kill_Life.

I'm gonna proof your story. Per the 'lack of violence in Fally' I've got another idea which I WILL follow through on this time, I promise.

Yeah, still waiting, so I am expecting one of two things is happening... one it has been passed to someone who has been snowed under(What with the forum shift) two they are playing pass the post =P

[spoiler=Proofed Hex's Story, ready to publish]The day was starting to end and the sun hit the horizon slowly and steadily. The woman ran around the streets holding wearing a helmet, easily about two sizes too big for her, and a long green trench coat. She was quite young, maybe in her middle twenties.

A bomb struck the building behind her like a fiery mass of destruction. She was thrown in the air; she fell on the floor and tried to run more; it was utter chaos on the ruined streets. Most of the buildings had been destroyed in one way or another, although there was one building that gleamed beautifully in the sunset. She couldnt seem to see it perfectly; the sun glared in her eyes not allowing her to see but she managed to walk inside.

Hello, the man said solemnly. He seemed old, about seventy, with fuzzy grey hair, and wore a suit of the same color. Under his suit he wore a bow tie and was dressed very well. The woman pulled off her large helmet and let it clatter to the floor to reveal long brown hair. She threw her trench coat in the corner and watched as it seemed to float for a bit.

Can I help you? the man asked.

Wheres Reldo? she asked.

Reldo was the librarian of the Varrock Library; he was much younger than this man.

This is the Falador Library, he said slowly.

The woman walked about and looked at the books. They were arranged randomly, and appeared unordered apart from a small alcove that read Rusco. She walked towards the alcove, picked up a red book, and started to look through it quickly, flicking through the pages. There was nothing in the book; just a blank book and then she blinked. She wasnt in the library; she was in a deserted house.

She was in a bedroom, but there was no bed, it was jet black but she could see small cracks of light beaming through the roof. She looked around and with a whoosh a playing card flew past her face. The joker. It was a normal paper card but it was as hard as steel.

She waited for her eyes to adjust to light and there she saw a single glowing dot, the dot became larger to reveal an eye; and then again whoosh she felt a sharp pain right in her heart. She looked down to reveal another card, the Ace of Diamonds.

She felt more hit her and then her eyes closed slowly. She had died, or she was going to. She closed her eyes and she was back in the library, the book by her feet.She jolted backwards into the books behind her. The librarian stood right in front of her.

Where was I? she shouted at the man, terrified.

You were in Rusco he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Wha. the woman said slowly but quickly walked to another book.

She stood by the wall in the armoury, with a dagger in one hand and a katana in the other. The knight wore black armour and stood in front of her, his build large and his face covered by a black helmet; only his dark eyes were visible through the helmet and they seemed to pierce through the girl like a knife. He wielded a two handed sword in one hand and in the other hand a large spiked gauntlet. The sword crashed down on the other weapons in the room tipping them to the floor, bending and breaking them.

She dropped the dagger on the floor in fear but she held the katana very tightly. The two handed sword swooped right over her head nearly touching her but she managed to duck. Another swing of the sword hit her but she managed to catch the sword; it cut slowly into her hand. Then the librarian appeared wearing a clean black suit and finely trimmed black hair; he held two long meteor hammers in his hands and looked at the woman. Remember, you can do nearly anything here. The man turned around to reveal an army of knights like the one that she was fighting but they wore silver armour. He swung his hammers around and cracked their breastplates; then in an instant he swung an invisible wire through the people, a microscopic wire. He pulled and watched as all the knights fell to the floor.

Remember, anything. He then seemed to disappear in an explosion of black feathers, when they subsided he was gone.

The women looked at the knight and pulled two knives from behind her back, she hadnt noticed they were there, a magic satchel seemed to be behind her and she seemed to be able to withdraw most weapons from it. In an instant she took out another dagger and threw it into the slit between the helmet and its visor. The dark knight lifted off his helmet the reveal chain mail and then a face, with dark piercing eyes and black shaggy hair.

In an instant he held five long bayonets in each hand, they seemed to shine and glow with magical power. He threw them at the women but she managed to dodge them.

DIE SCUM! he shouted at the top of his voice, the room shook.

She swung the katana with all of her force at his head; he raised his gauntlet and the weapon shattered into a thousand pieces. She drew a flick knife and another sword. This time the dark knight grabbed the woman, lifted her into the air and pushed her against the wall. He took the sword out of her hand and went to drive it right through her heart, but she took the flick knife and drove it right into his forehead. He fell to the floor in searing pain.

The woman was once again inside the library; the librarian stood by the woman and asked, Why did you try so hard to get to the Varrock Library?

Overdue book, she replied honestly.

The man laughed and walked closer to the door of the library.

Oh yeah, youd better run, he said quite quickly and opened the door to the library.

Now! he said in a patronizing voice.

The women started to run and exactly where she stood a bomb hit

When the smoke cleared, the library had gone, or had it?