No PK? No Staking? No market? No drop trades?

ultrablue

^ Speaking of grinding, I've played "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" so long today, that I see Zora people catching fish everywhere I look. :geek:

OT:

The reason they will not make an Edgeville like pking pvp Minigame is because of people using for.... You guessed it... RWT. If you convince the hoards of players that do it to stop and Jagex notices that, maybe they will bring it back, but people (like the OP) who think the rules are crap, ruin the game for the rest of us.

Here is a real word example:

A lot of people wanted bush for president. He made stupid choices, now we hate him.

A lot of people in game want Edgeville PVP back, they do stupid stuff, now we won't get it.

This is only a game. You shouldn't have a need to play Runescape. If it gets to the point where you wake up, play runescape, go to school and come home, then play rs till bed time. You need to stop playing. You are just like the alcoholics and people addicted to drugs.

~~bballer

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and i'll make this point now;

Anyone who flames him for drop trading - shut it now! Im sure, somewhere along your career, you've drop traded, got a mate to lend you over 30k, used two accounts to interact, duel logged, taken a piss while logged in (yes, this is AFK training)... So dont flame him you haters.

I'm sure, that you are generalizing when you have little or no insight to the gaming habits of many members of tip.it, let alone the rest of the community that is Runescape. (I've never heard of you, let alone had a conversation about gaming habits and tendencies.) Although I may not have as much time invested as others, having started in September of 2005, I assure you that never during my path have I done any of those things you listed. Actually, I can't think of a single friend of mine on Runescape who has admitted to breaking any of the rules.

Multiple logging in/drop trading gives old players on new accounts an advantage over truly new players, which unbalances things. If you are going to borrow cash and make it back later, why not just earn it first? When you mention "duel logging," I'm not sure if you mean logging out in the middle of a duel or if you are reiterating the concept of multiple logging in. Going to the washroom while logged in is not against any rules, but it seems rather daft to walk away from an account while it is logged in for the simple reason that one has no control over their account while otherwise occupied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

nobody likes the tattle-tales and the people who are sticklers to the rules. Everybody broke them, because they were bad rules. And now, they are even worse, and more enforced. Such as, the taking out of third party clients.

I, for one, do appreciate adherence to the rules. There are those of us who have followed the rules since day one. Exactly what makes these rules, in your word(s), "bad?" Which rules are you referring to here? Do you think that rules against item scamming and password scamming are "bad?"

If you don't realize that Jagex ruined what made RS popular then you are a fan boy.

What am I if I lack the mental faculties to realise that a game that has been in constant development since its inception is continuing to change and will probably do so until near its end?

But just look at Wow. If you want mindless gaming go there, all you ever do is kill, kill, kill, quests want you to kill, gather some stuff, kill again, repeat. The game is too friggin expensive, the community blows alot more than RS and by all means there is nothing exciting to do than kill, kill and more kill.

Having not personally played WoW, I cannot comment on that game in particular. However, I can comment on several other games where every aspect was based around either killing or trading, and I can honestly say that the longest any of them held my interest is about two weeks. The amount of detail that most players miss in the Runescape world absolutely amazes me.

Gold farmers are surprisingly trustworthy actually. Not that I'd know first hand, but that's what I heard. If they try to steal the account, most of the time the person has recoveries which makes it pointless. I bet they make lots more money from returning customers, who pay hundreds to get their characters grinded up.

Now, are these the gold farmers who also sell accounts on the side? :idea:

Drop Trading is against the rules? So?

I mean, it was a totally stupid rule anyway, you earnt that money, why can't you do what you wanted with it?

*points a bit higher in his post*

Multiple logging in/drop trading gives old players on new accounts an advantage over truly new players, which unbalances things.

And just becase you prefer the "Dumbed" down version of the game, doesn't mean everybody has to, the pures those "13 yr olds" made were made because pking was enjoyable to them, and you could hardly get anywhere without being a pure...

Having never trained a pure, the only thing I can think of to say to this (aside from "you're doing it wrong") is that I have never had a problem being beaten in duels or in the wilderness. For the most part, (as far as pures go) mages splashed on me, rangers hit a lot of zeros, and most of the few warriors to try me didn't get close enough to deal damage. Actually, many of the "honourable" pures I fought resorted to name-calling and refering to me as "def noob," "pray noob," "healer," and the like, as if there was some shame in having well-rounded levels in a game, or using the food that I had brought to help with survival.

Thats what I believe, I myself had no pure, but I felt pretty bad for the people who had trained up a pure to high levels, and done nothing wrong, to see all their effort wasted.

This is not entirely dissimilar to me buying and consuming a bottle of brandy, then posting notes around town about how evil the producer is, and the limited quantity of brandy has completely destroyed my pleasure from drinking from the bottle. My time and effort spent are not wasted, as I derived pleasure from it.

Anyway, how could you be annoyed with them? If you didn't like them, you can turn chat off, I mean if you get annoyed by people making pures to enjoy the game, your taking it too seriously.

I think what annoys most of the people you're addressing isn't that some people enjoyed playing characters that were "trained" for only one aspect of a game that has been in constant development since its inception, but that these people who played these accounts refuse to accept that the one part of the game they chose to focus on has changed.

Idiot. If you don't like the game, just don't play it. There are people who do like it, and I doubt you can convince them. It's just stupid to complain about a game you don't even play anymore on forums that are full with people who do...

The funny thing is that when a Tipiter posts these 2 lines, everyone agrees him, and praise him, even, when in reality it's not only short, but bull. So your favorite, or second favorite (whatever) game was ruined by an idiotic decision, so "don't play it"? The idiot part ruins your credibility anyways. Oh, but when someone who actually had his fun destroyed writes up his own argument, he is a moron who should be shot IRL.

Pray tell, how has any person's fun been "destroyed?" Has Jagex created a time machine and retroactively destroyed any fun these people have (not) had?

Let's say I was planning a fishing trip with my dog and an elderly neighbour, but they both die the day before we leave. Does this mean that my fun has been ruined, or that I don't experience the fun in the first place? Having not experienced it, I hardly think it is fair to refer to it as "my fun." Also, this does not "destroy" whatever fun I already had with my dog and/or this elderly neighbour. There is a phrase that comes to mind, something about "counting chickens before they have hatched."

LOL someone called in the fanboy reinforcements.

I use Linux, so I must be a Linux fanboy.

I do not have pie after every meal, so I must despise it.

I use the restroom on a daily basis, so I must be a toilet fanboy.

I like the newer Dodge Intrepids, so I must be a Dodge fanboy.

I drive a Thunderbird to work, so I must be a traitor.

My opinions are different from yours, so they must be wrong.

Why does it have to be?

My last post on this one...

I realised it takes an oldschool person who had been around 01-03 to understand how this game gone down the drain, because rs2 people (04-08) are playing a whole different game, thus don't see or understand the issues. They don't understand for example that back in the days, "breaking the rules" = drop trading was normal. Even past RS2 it was normal, as people made pures, alts, skillers = and those need money for gear/skilling equipment/runes (whatever you wish) and you'd be an idiot to pick up flax or whatever to get the cash for it. Instead it took 1 minute to swap the needed amount of your OWN money.

Yet i am amazed in several cases here of pure stupidity, like when people tell me "OMG DROP TRADER BAN HIM BAN HIM", Its not only laughable to me, but rather sad how narrow minded people can be to not understand that morally there is nothing wrong with swapping your items to another toon.

Jagex set up rules to this game yes. Some rules are good some are bad. Some people thought "well that botting rule is stupid, are we really supposed to click on that rock 100000 times to get xx level", so they botted. Yes that's wrong and they should be banned. Automating the gameplay is a bannable offence everywhere. Some people thought "well i'll just auto catch - everyone else do so right", so they autoed. And they got banned, yes its wrong as you got an advantage over an opponent in PvP.

Some people thought "well lets make some money by duping pink party hats", so they duped and got the ban hammer. Entirely correct. Duping ruins the economy = ruining the game...

But anyone, tell me what is wrong with drop trading? Just one single argument? (I could think of one, and that is if you would get "hacked" the hacker would get your items, although getting "hacked" is entirely your own fault, so it has nothing to do with the issue, thus not even a valid argument against drop trades). So people didn't get banned for this, although it is easy to track.

I also believe the reason why most people here dislike RSC and RSC players, they instantly think of botters, dupers, sharers, auto/macroers and they think of the consequences of those that happen to affect them in in rs2, random events for one. But let me riddle you something, i already said it is not the players fault in the end. It is Jagex's fault, for introducing a faulty system based on a outdated and crap engine with lots of security holes. Not only this, but the game was based for a very young audience and those things combined resulted in a recipe of disaster. Yet during those 3 years RSC lasted they never managed to fix the problems created by themselves. All they did was to introduce the ridiculous "sleeping bags", if you don't know what that is i can tell you in short. After 15k exp ~ roughly, you were forced into this sleeping bag to further get experience in any skill. Then you had to select a random combination of numbers and letters written on it, and if you got it right you were able to get experience again.

Example:http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4561/kevilsdeadid3.jpg

I didn't recieve any exp for the kill because i was 'too tired' (sleeping bag effect).

So 'sleeping bags' didn't fix anything, and Jagex never went into the core of the problem, instead they added various "fixes" to them that only made the gameplay worse.

If there is any oldschools around here hanging, don't you remember how it was on the old tip it forums back in the rsc days? The graveyard forums were several times bigger than any other section, newest kills were posted regularly, the discussions arised daily who X logged and who backstabbed. Those were 20 pages discussions. PKing, that what made Runescape, not cooking or firemaking.

Good bye

ultrablue+02.png

Yet i am amazed in several cases here of pure stupidity, like when people tell me "OMG DROP TRADER BAN HIM BAN HIM", Its not only laughable to me, but rather sad how narrow minded people can be to not understand that morally there is nothing wrong with swapping your items to another toon.

But anyone, tell me what is wrong with drop trading? Just one single argument? (I could think of one, and that is if you would get "hacked" the hacker would get your items, although getting "hacked" is entirely your own fault, so it has nothing to do with the issue, thus not even a valid argument against drop trades). So people didn't get banned for this, although it is easy to track.

As my genius history teach once said:

"There are two types of evils in this worlds: because is, and because made to be.

Because is: anything that is just evil in nature. Drop trading does not fall into this category according to you (I don't know really know if drop trading should or does fall into this category, but that's not the point.)

Because made to be: driving on the right side of the road in England is against the law. Why? The probably flipped a coin "heads right side, tails left side". There needs to be order and organization. Without either there is chaos in a society.

The former addresses any actions that cannot be made "good" by simply saying "It's not against the law." Murder is still evil even though it could technically be made "not against the law". The latter addresses any other rule. Regardless of what YOU think the ruling on drop trading should be, JAGEX says it's against the rules and they will show you no sympathy for breaking that rule.

Nyosuht, I wish I was as lucky as you. Out of all of my rl friends 80% admit to breaking the rules at least three times. 35% admit to serious rule breaking and continued rule breaking. 100% of the 80% owned at least 1 pure or a pure as their main. And probably not surprisingly, 100% of the rule breakers were between the ages of 11-13. Semi-good news: only about 10% of them are still online. Bad news: 99% of the 10% are the rules breakers :evil: . *sigh* why can't people just follow the rules? If you need to swear, don't bypass the censor, you can't be reported for being "starred". There's absolutely no reason to scam because of all the easy money makers for low lvls. I have never drop traded in my life because I never have created a new character that I ever maintained (I have like 5 characters besides zelda12346, but they're all lvl 3 or 4 :P).

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

[hide=Quoted Stuff.]

LOL someone called in the fanboy reinforcements. I can't wait until Jagex releases Mechscape and throws Runescape out the door. You all think Jagex are a bunch of high and mighty gods who can't make a mistake and will defend them to the end. Just wait till they [cabbage] on your "Perfect Runescape game" and throw it out the window to continue to pursue their greed. Runescape is indeed long past its glory days. The new HD graphics were a failed attempt to draw in generation shiny, when they should have been fixing things they broke.

Random question. How many of you plan / already have bought the Runescape novel?

[/hide]

your a fan boy too. you know that account called "Eatrunearrow"? yeah, made in Gielnor. :roll:

i also plan on gett'n me a copy of the book sometime because i quite enjoy reading, lets me escape the world from moronic insults and more flaming then a Barboque House. weather or not the books crap, i just wont know till i give it a browse.

but the reason its a rule for drop trading, while im here, is it makes an unfair advantage to say, a magic pure to have 2m traded to itself compaired to a fresh player who decides to go magic only. i've been logging on and off my level 3 skiller for the past year and made 200k from mere scratch and no combat. (course we dont count lobster cages as raw material :roll: ) and thats only from bobbing on and off. imaging what i could do if i "killed off" my main and stuck to my skiller?

tech its not YOUR money though:

Example Time!

Matthew16200 Trades 200k -> I_Darkaura_I

Thats Matthew16200's money, not the user (AKA me) or I_Darkaura_I's money.

I_Darkaura_I mines ess, makes runes, merchants cowhides and makes 200k

Thats a Lv3 I_Darkaura_I making money. yes, Level 3.

and thats my final rant of this Barboque Thread.

Popoto.~<3

tech its not YOUR money though:

Example Time!

Matthew16200 Trades 200k -> I_Darkaura_I

Thats Matthew16200's money, not the user (AKA me) or I_Darkaura_I's money.

I_Darkaura_I mines ess, makes runes, merchants cowhides and makes 200k

Thats a Lv3 I_Darkaura_I making money. yes, Level 3.

and thats my final rant of this Barboque Thread.

Not the example I was expecting but it works :thumbsup:

Probably a more reasonable and less tenuous example: Actually it's not an example:

Jagex®, RuneScape® and FunOrb® are registered trade marks of Jagex Limited in the United Kingdom, the United States and other countries.

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).

Materials (including without limit all information, software, data, text, photographs, graphics, sound and video) placed on any Jagex Product by us or on our behalf are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights of ourselves or our business partners / suppliers / advertisers. You may not use these materials or any Jagex Product except in accordance with these terms and conditions and for personal (i.e. non-commercial) use only.

You agree that all intellectual property or other rights in any game character, account and items are and will remain our property.

By posting chat or other materials on any Jagex Product, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, worldwide license to use and/or modify such materials on any Jagex Product as we see fit.

You agree that by submitting any material of any kind to us for any purpose connected with any Jagex Product (non-exhaustive examples are suggestions and ideas for any game or contributions to any Gallery page), you are giving us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use and/or modify the submitted materials as we see fit. You agree that you will not withdraw the submission or attempt to make a charge for its use. Furthermore you guarantee that you are the exclusive copyright holder in relation to the submission and that the submission in no way breaches the rights of any other person or entity.

My last post on this one...

Can we hold you to that? Only time will tell.

I realised it takes an oldschool person who had been around 01-03 to understand how this game gone down the drain, because rs2 people (04-08) are playing a whole different game, thus don't see or understand the issues.

This "whole different game" is the same one you are ranting about. You are going on about changes made to Runescape. (not Runescape Classic)

In case you missed the memo, there was a fork a while back and the two became separate.

They don't understand for example that back in the days, "breaking the rules" = drop trading was normal. Even past RS2 it was normal, as people made pures, alts, skillers = and those need money for gear/skilling equipment/runes (whatever you wish) and you'd be an idiot to pick up flax or whatever to get the cash for it. Instead it took 1 minute to swap the needed amount of your OWN money.

An activity being common is not justification. There is a minimum drinking age here, but it is not uncommon for those underage to go out on a weekend, get drunk, and use it as an excuse for vandalising houses, shops, and parks. Is this justification?

Yet I am amazed at a few cases here of pure stupidity, like when people try using others breaking a rule as justification for doing it themselves. It is simply shocking to me that some people are really naive enough to think that breaking a rule is okay just because they see another person doing it.

Jagex set up rules to this game yes.

Finally, we agree on something.

Some rules are good some are bad. Some people thought "well that botting rule is stupid, are we really supposed to click on that rock 100000 times to get xx level", so they botted. Yes that's wrong and they should be banned. Automating the gameplay is a bannable offence everywhere. Some people thought "well i'll just auto catch - everyone else do so right", so they autoed. And they got banned, yes its wrong as you got an advantage over an opponent in PvP.

And others thought something along the lines of "Well, that drop-trading rule is stupid, are we really expected to earn money as noobs?" so they drop-traded. Yes, that's wrong, and they should be banned. Breaking the rules is in most places will result in banning. It is wrong, because it breaks a set of rules that anybody who created an account agreed to.

Some people thought "well lets make some money by duping pink party hats", so they duped and got the ban hammer. Entirely correct. Duping ruins the economy = ruining the game...

Some people thought "Well, I'm not going to earn any money on this account, I'm going to go to another and earn it there, then drop trade." Then they got the ban hammer, which is completely appropriate. Breaking the rules for a personal advantage unbalances the game, putting other characters otherwise comparable to yours a disadvantage.

Multiple logging in/drop trading gives old players on new accounts an advantage over truly new players, which unbalances things.

I can't help but notice how you conveniently skip over anything you don't like to read. People have been banned for this, and I've had people come to me mistakenly thinking that I could lift their bans. These people who misunderstand many aspects of the game simply because they can't be bothered to consult the knowledge base or forums.

I also believe the reason why most people here dislike RSC and RSC players, they instantly think of botters, dupers, sharers, auto/macroers and they think of the consequences of those that happen to affect them in in rs2, random events for one.

I happen to believe that you're pulling things from your backside now.

Nowhere in this thread did I see anybody mention hating Runescape Classic or the people who have played/do play.

But let me riddle you something, i already said it is not the players fault in the end. It is Jagex's fault, for introducing a faulty system based on a outdated and crap engine with lots of security holes. Not only this, but the game was based for a very young audience and those things combined resulted in a recipe of disaster. Yet during those 3 years RSC lasted they never managed to fix the problems created by themselves. All they did was to introduce the ridiculous "sleeping bags..."

It is not the fault of players that players broke rules after agreeing to be bound by them, but it is Jagex's fault for trusting the players to follow the rules?

If all of the players had any honour or conscience these rules would have been followed without Jagex putting any such measures into place. Oh, and let's all just ignore that the sleeping bags were an attempt to help stop macroing, let's all pretend that they were put in so people could take naps like in real life, it seems easier than introducing a toilet system based on how much they eat. I've not heard of any security holes, so I'm afraid somebody is going to have to fill me in here. Perhaps you meant to describe way in which one could break the rules?

If there is any oldschools around here hanging, don't you remember how it was on the old tip it forums back in the rsc days? The graveyard forums were several times bigger than any other section, newest kills were posted regularly, the discussions arised daily who X logged and who backstabbed. Those were 20 pages discussions. PKing, that what made Runescape, not cooking or firemaking.

If we have anybody here who remembers the introduction of the printing press, don't you remember how awesome it was to have a newspaper? It was awesome, far better then just hearing it second-hand. You could know which towns were experiencing hardship for various reasons, what was happening in politics, and even about the brave sailors who had recently been lost in a storm.

That is what made the world what it is, not this silly radio or even more ridiculous television.

Good bye

I wish you the best in life, may the light of the world not blind you when you cease to sit upon your shoulders.

^ clueless fanboy is clueless.

I rest my case.

So far, you've broken about 4 laws of logic, which means you have basically [cabbage]ed up your whole argument. That kinda means you've phailed in proving your point. When stating a conclusion, like above, you "might" want to state some premises. Otherwise you (will) look like a complete idiot. I'm not flaming you; I'm just stating the truth.

and just so you don't break another law, here are the one's you have broken:

1. name calling

2. justification based on popularity

3. he says so = must be true

4. assuming all of your statements are valid without justification

If you don't believe me, then just google "Laws of Logic". You'll find that there are about 10 or 15 laws of logic

Why can't ultrablue just stop it?

If I were you, Ultrablue, I would quit...you've already made yourslef look like an idiot, do not continue and do not put "This is my last post on this thread" at the front of your post because you keep coming back...if you will resort to idiocy and the whole "OH, well I've played longer than you!" thing, then quit while you can...in all respects this started off as any other "WILD BACK PLOX" thread, and has gone downhill, first of all because you continue making yourself look like a jerk, and two because eatrunearrow is just egging you on, basically hailing to you as his supreme overlord.

I bet Ultrablue will flame me for being to logical, and that I am the idiot who will never know what Runescape is really like since I have only been playing for almost 4 years, but I do not care. It does not matter how long you have played, it matters how you integrate it into your posts...

Do not say you have played longer than someone and then make fun of them because they missed the good ol' days...Last time I heard that I reminded my grandpa that everybody in the good ol' days were scared to death that a nuke would kill them all.

You do not have to be rude and offend people in order to write a rant. If you are logical and do not offend people as much, your rant will not turn into the flame-fest it has become. Sit down, think out your rant, and put it on the website do not just throw some random mumblings and obscenities at us. Do not make fun of someone because of their opinion. As has been stated it is our fault the wild is gone, we have abused a privelage and have lost the privelage.

Use your head...God did not give it to you just to put a hard hat on.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

^ clueless fanboy is clueless.

I rest my case.

Childish Child is Childish.

By the way, I thought that your previous post was going to be your last. I mean, you didn't say anything in it, aside from passing over the responsibility of answering any points people have brought up in favor of points that didn't exist, such as people hating Runescape Classic or classic players.

Apparently you don't understand that this isn't Runescape classic, it's Runescape. Gone are the days of pking everywhere, dueling everywhere, and all the other parts you bring up to show that the new Runescape is pointless and Jagex is evil or something along those lines. As an MMO, Runescape is ever evolving. If people like yourself ran it, steel would still be the most powerful armor and the highest enemy would still be about level 42, because you were to afraid to put anything in that might, gasp, change the game.

If runescape was based around pking, then armor, weapons, and potions would be a lot more readily available to players from shops, not having to be created or harvested by other players, and there wouldn't be an option to turn off pvp (ala World of Warcraft PVP servers in contested areas). Also, it goes without saying that Andrew has about 10 thousand times more say in what the purpose of the game was than you do, and obviously he disagrees.

Funny how you call yourself an old school player and refer back to classic on tip.it when you joined in 2004. Just saying.

Yea, breaking the rules and drop trading, duping, hacking, scamming, and all those other fine things were common in Runescape Classic. If you hadn't noticed, that's part of the reason they moved on to the new engine (also for more features), so they could buff the game up against morons like yourself who had to exploit everything they came across for their own benefit.

Murder and gang related violence is big in some cities and has been going on for decades. That doesn't make it right nor the laws against it stupid.

As for what's bad about drop trading, you're giving another character an unfair advantage, that's why. So you end up competing with other low levels and dominating them.

Wow so Jagex even got it wrong in Runescape classic? Why DID you keep playing for sooooooo long then? Obviously you've hated the game since near its inception. I also don't remember anyone saying they hated Runescape classic or its players.

Pking didn't "make" runescape, otherwise a lot of people would have left long ago, unless they're all half-witted children like yourself who never grew up and still cling to Runescape like a binkie years after they common sense would've told them to stop playing.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The OP is a total idiot, yes, but I still cn't blame him for ranting about it.

And about drop trading, get over it, us people who did do it did it to save the time of earning that money anyway. It should never have been against the rules in the first place.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

No pking? No staking? No trading?

No pking? Whats bounty hunter than?

No staking? I could have sworn I was only at the duel arena a few days ago and saw people staking.

No trading? Must have been an over-night update because I traded with some guy a few days ago.

Back to World of Warcraft.

Wait a minute, you said that the combat level cap increased was stupid, yet if my memory serves me correctly, with every WoW expansion pack the level cap for skills increase. :-k

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Funny how you call yourself an old school player and refer back to classic on tip.it when you joined in 2004. Just saying.

*sigh* Funny how Tip It has had several forums. The forums from 2001 no longer exist, therefore there are no accounts here from that time.

http://web.petabox.bibalex.org/web/2002 ... forum=1&24

No staking? I could have sworn I was only at the duel arena a few days ago and saw people staking.

No trading? Must have been an over-night update because I traded with some guy a few days ago.

Wait a minute, you said that the combat level cap increased was stupid, yet if my memory serves me correctly, with every WoW expansion pack the level cap for skills increase. :-k

I'm not defending the thread owner (I'd really like to damn him for being so ridiculous... :twisted: ), but there are things from the game that have been removed (not replaced) from Runescape:

Pking: you cannot attack someone in a very controlled environment and choose your target. Because of multiple people in the area and the possibility of being ganged, pures' efficiency decreases sharply. I can be fairly easy to get lost if you don't keep track of the map. All of the above things happen very often on the bounty hunter worlds. Speaking of which, you can only do bh on three worlds.

Staking: you cannot wear armor of a lvl 10 and then pull out ahrim's and then use ice barrage while being lvl 60 and win 500k after telling the "noob to no range because he's scared". Sure, you can look people up on high scores, but some people never thought of that.

Trading: no giving gifts to friends. This is overrated. I'm actually willing to bet 200k that the majority of ranters who ranted about giving gifts were actually mad because they couldn't receive gifts. Self-serving little [cabbage]s. You can't be scammed by "loaning" an item before. And a gift over 50k is too much in my opinion but since the max is 30k, I'll just have to get over giving my friend a 50k birthday gift. :|

As for the level cap, there will be three versions:

The original World of Warcraft game: cap at lvl 60

The Burning Crusade Expansion pack: cap at lvl 70

The Wrath of the Lich King Expansion pack: cap at lvl 80

Since you don't need all three to play the game (all three would be well over $100), most people will max out at lvl 60 and then buy TBC expansion. I don't know if you can interact with people who have TBC while you have The original game. If you can, then a bunch of people would be upset being owned by a lvl 70 but their own max is lvl 60 :lol: . Just remember to bring some Talismans/rosaries/crosses or something since WoW is guaranteed to steal your soul within 24 hours of playing for 5 hours straight :o

[hide=Quotes]

I'm not defending the thread owner (I'd really like to damn him for being so ridiculous... :twisted: ), but there are things from the game that have been removed (not replaced) from Runescape:

Pking: you cannot attack someone in a very controlled environment and choose your target. Because of multiple people in the area and the possibility of being ganged, pures' efficiency decreases sharply. I can be fairly easy to get lost if you don't keep track of the map. All of the above things happen very often on the bounty hunter worlds. Speaking of which, you can only do bh on three worlds.

Staking: you cannot wear armor of a lvl 10 and then pull out ahrim's and then use ice barrage while being lvl 60 and win 500k after telling the "noob to no range because he's scared". Sure, you can look people up on high scores, but some people never thought of that.

Trading: no giving gifts to friends. This is overrated. I'm actually willing to bet 200k that the majority of ranters who ranted about giving gifts were actually mad because they couldn't receive gifts. Self-serving little [cabbage]s. You can't be scammed by "loaning" an item before. And a gift over 50k is too much in my opinion but since the max is 30k, I'll just have to get over giving my friend a 50k birthday gift. :|

As for the level cap, there will be three versions:

The original World of Warcraft game: cap at lvl 60

The Burning Crusade Expansion pack: cap at lvl 70

The Wrath of the Lich King Expansion pack: cap at lvl 80

Since you don't need all three to play the game (all three would be well over $100), most people will max out at lvl 60 and then buy TBC expansion. I don't know if you can interact with people who have TBC while you have The original game. If you can, then a bunch of people would be upset being owned by a lvl 70 but their own max is lvl 60 :lol: . Just remember to bring some Talismans/rosaries/crosses or something since WoW is guaranteed to steal your soul within 24 hours of playing for 5 hours straight :o

[/hide]

Yes, while I see what you're saying, the thread author was saying that there is NO Pking.

Pking is player killing, you can still kill players in the game, and in BH where you will lose your items. Its not gone from the game, most things stayed, even though some are limited now.

Oh and also I don't know much about WoW, I just remember seeing the expansion backs with level cap increases. And if you cant interact between the expansion packs like you said, that is not really different with the RS combat level between P2P and F2P.

And I just find it very hypocritical of ultrablue to say how ridiculous it is for RS to raise the level cap when WoW is doing the same thing.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

hhhhhh

Rofl.

I know what is/was 'legal' or not. And that droptrading was bannable was known to me before you even knew about this game (not that i know of anyone who has gotten the ban hammer for it during the 7 years). Unfortunately its the players who had to suffer because of Jagex's stupidity. Basically people were allowed to have several toons but not interract with them. If you tell that to any serious MMO developer today' date=' they would laugh their as*es off. Because by simple logic its non-sence, how such fundamental feature of any MMO, was actually a bannable offence in another.

After a while Jagex didn't care about 'char-interracting' anymore, wether they were busy as hell with dupers, botters etc, or maybe Jagex realised their mistake - how pathetic the rule really was but couldnt be arsed to remove it (perhaps in fear of losing their credibility). Nonetheless, everyone did it. And personally i cannot see what's wrong with parsing your OWN stuff that you've earned amongst your very own characters.

If you gonna complain about EBAY traders and the gold farmers who you think sunk this game like Titanic, then think again. It wasn't the players fault. It's the developers fault -> JAGEX. They were able to create a decent catchy game, but they couldn't fix the loopholes created by themselves so the game collapsed. And the players got to suffer for it because of the developers incompetency. In 2004 the pressure was too high. 20% of the players were running around in shemale-like outfits. Then you knew something was seriously wrong. So it came, RS2.

But RS2 on its own created more problems. So they fix some and get new rightaway. Problem now was, the game changed dramatically. Everyone stayed on rsc as long as they could (2 week transfer time i believe), and in the end, many players quit because the Player Killing (what made RS so good) became [cabbage']*t. So some chose to stay in rsc, some went on with rs2 for a while and then quit, but many did the right decision at that time. They simply began to sell their characters. Causing a massive wave of RWT. And it just began rolling like a snowball, and again, again players had to suffer. For the sh*t JAGEX came up with. And now people like you 'dragoonson', would say "hey its raining" if jagex sh*t on you. Seriously. Fanboys like you are so easy pleased its beyond me.

And who knows, i *might* get banned but i wonder who would benefit most from that. Me who's not even playing the game, or you - the happy customer that is being sh*t on, and you don't even notice.

THANK YOU THANK YOU. =D>

Glad to know there are at least a few people on here that aren't a bunch of brain washed fanboys of Jagex. Everything you say, is what I've been saying... It's the obvious truth but people on here won't accept it.

It's nice to see there are other sane people on tip.it! ::' And I feel for you ultrablue, pretty much same happened to me and I'm totally with you there. But this might not be the place to vent out your frustration really...we ARE on a runescape FANSITE after all...

hhhhhh

Rofl.

I know what is/was 'legal' or not. And that droptrading was bannable was known to me before you even knew about this game (not that i know of anyone who has gotten the ban hammer for it during the 7 years). Unfortunately its the players who had to suffer because of Jagex's stupidity. Basically people were allowed to have several toons but not interract with them. If you tell that to any serious MMO developer today' date=' they would laugh their as*es off. Because by simple logic its non-sence, how such fundamental feature of any MMO, was actually a bannable offence in another.

After a while Jagex didn't care about 'char-interracting' anymore, wether they were busy as hell with dupers, botters etc, or maybe Jagex realised their mistake - how pathetic the rule really was but couldnt be arsed to remove it (perhaps in fear of losing their credibility). Nonetheless, everyone did it. And personally i cannot see what's wrong with parsing your OWN stuff that you've earned amongst your very own characters.

If you gonna complain about EBAY traders and the gold farmers who you think sunk this game like Titanic, then think again. It wasn't the players fault. It's the developers fault -> JAGEX. They were able to create a decent catchy game, but they couldn't fix the loopholes created by themselves so the game collapsed. And the players got to suffer for it because of the developers incompetency. In 2004 the pressure was too high. 20% of the players were running around in shemale-like outfits. Then you knew something was seriously wrong. So it came, RS2.

But RS2 on its own created more problems. So they fix some and get new rightaway. Problem now was, the game changed dramatically. Everyone stayed on rsc as long as they could (2 week transfer time i believe), and in the end, many players quit because the Player Killing (what made RS so good) became [cabbage']*t. So some chose to stay in rsc, some went on with rs2 for a while and then quit, but many did the right decision at that time. They simply began to sell their characters. Causing a massive wave of RWT. And it just began rolling like a snowball, and again, again players had to suffer. For the sh*t JAGEX came up with. And now people like you 'dragoonson', would say "hey its raining" if jagex sh*t on you. Seriously. Fanboys like you are so easy pleased its beyond me.

And who knows, i *might* get banned but i wonder who would benefit most from that. Me who's not even playing the game, or you - the happy customer that is being sh*t on, and you don't even notice.

THANK YOU THANK YOU. =D>

Glad to know there are at least a few people on here that aren't a bunch of brain washed fanboys of Jagex. Everything you say, is what I've been saying... It's the obvious truth but people on here won't accept it.

It's nice to see there are other sane people on tip.it! ::' And I feel for you ultrablue, pretty much same happened to me and I'm totally with you there. But this might not be the place to vent out your frustration really...we ARE on a runescape FANSITE after all...

.....Jagex is responsible for players selling their "own" accounts? That makes no sense at all :-s

I've never been able to transfer items between characters on the same account on WoW, Rohan, SRO, etc. Maybe I just never knew how. But I don't care about that anyway. Seriously, if you want a talent/skill point system that Rs doesn't have, then play another game. And selling "their" accounts was definitely NOT the right thing to do for two reasons:

1. easy to be scammed (or maybe I'm assuming the worst in people)

2. it's not the players' property to begin with. It's in term and conditions that everything that your character and items are was, is, and will be forever the property of Jagex. I'm sure you wouldn't want your little sister to sell your old school NES just because you let her play original Legend of Zelda or Megaman series, right?

Not getting religious, but saying it's Jagex's fault for RWT, is like saying it's God's fault for pollution. It matter what people DO with an item/action/ability, no the source. And I'm pretty sure that the first RWT was not some Chinese sweatshop; it was a few legit players who abused the system. A company observes and invests in something new. They don't just jump on in.

And like I've said above, fanboy is sexist, at least call me fangirl.

I guess I like to be [cabbage]ted on then since I've never been disappointed by Jagex's updates. Or maybe that's because I'm their ideal player: one who does or strives to do everything in Runescape. If I'm blinded by Jagex to something "better" than Rs, I can't think of something better since I reclaimed my soul form Blizzard three months ago...

This topic is funny :lol:

This was on page one, but still relevant, I find this offensive tbh:

I can tell none of you are any oldschool players, just RS2 products with no clue and eat everything that gets throwen at you.

So, because some of us didn't play RuneScape Classic, we are less important than you? I play the game, I enjoy it. I didn't like the December updates much, no, but I've adapted to them. I've done quests voluntarily for the first time ever, and I really enjoy them. While RS Classic is similar, and RS 2 was based on that game, it is NOT the same game. The reason you get 20kxp per hour in classic and 100kxp per hour in RS2 is because the experience system is different and there are better monsters. What's that? Better monsters? Better XP per hour? Different game? So now that the wilderness is gone, everything gets thrown at us? And the wilderness isn't dangerous anymore? Neared of Reverants? Scary eh?

How dare you say that you are more important, more clever and better than people who joined later than you. Infact, we are better. We can accept change. It was hard, but now we have accepted it. Maybe you should do the same, and also stop calling us RS2 Products.#

Wow, that's the longest post I've ever done. Someone give me a cookie :thumbsup:

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

You know, I find something interesting in this particular topic. I keep seeing the "I've been here since RSC, I'm old-school" used as justification for how much more these persons know than those of us who argue against them. I also keep hearing about how the rules, such as drop trading, are stupid and should be ignored. But, I am willing to bet that when Runescape first opened, none of these rules existed. I can tell you right now that there are more rules now than when I first started.

But, these rules came into being BECAUSE of players like the OP who abused the system and caused Jagex to feel the need to state explicitly what was and was not allowed. I remember there being arguments about whether luring was a scam or not, and the arguments continued, even after Jagex said that it was considered a scam.

Heck, I'll bet they never thought they would have a Customer Support department to misuse back when they first opened Runescape, or Forums.

In other words, the reason such measures had to be taken against the portions of the game that the OP so treasures are, directly or indirectly, a result of actions taken by the OP and those with a similar attitude. i.e. I think that rule is stupid so I can ignore it as I want for my own benefit.

Yeah a lot has changed in this game. PK'ing was a pretty big thing for me, but Bounty Hunter isn't actually that bad.

The trade limit, well to start off I hated it. But now i realise the reasons and with the Grand Exchange it is so much easier to buy things knowing you aren't getting ripped off or scammed.

Some things have changed for the better, some for the worse. Live with the changes or go back to your insanely combat orientated game. #-o

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Wow, that's the longest post I've ever done. Someone give me a cookie :thumbsup:

Ok...I got mint (YUCK!!), chocolate chip, Oreo, Keebler's , peanut butter, sugar, no flavor cookies ( :?: ), and finally, I got monster cookies (you won't get this unless you've played Mana Khemia :shame: ). I also got mod cookies and cookies for mods. The first ones are cookies I've saved up form mods ::' , and the second one obviously is for giving mods cookies :thumbsup: .

Yeah........and this guy is also starting to get one my nerves (which rarely happens since I'm fairly apathetic.) I feel a prejudice in this guy against any player he says has played "long enough". I've played for more than 3 1/2 years since January of 05 when Slayer came out. And I STILL haven't played enough?

The force is strong in this one...but not that strong

and stay there.

your not the first and MOST DEFINITELY not the last.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

• 2 weeks later...

They've introduced Bounty Hunter, Duel Tournaments and the Grand Exchange but you didn't seem to mention those changes. You can still PlayerKill, stake high amounts (DT's) and trading is a lot easier than before. The only people who can complain are merchants. But you're complaining because you're a drop trader, which happens to be against the rules. Incase you didn't read all of Jagex's statements, the trade limit was put there to stop RWT, and RWT is generally considered bad.

coza17.png

No PKing? It's still around in Bounty Hunter. They only made it a bit harder than before, and in a smaller area. Don't like it? That's just too bad, I guess you can't adapt.

No market? WHAT?! There's still a market, it's called the Grand Exchange. Prices DO change, but at a somewhat slower rate.

No drop trades? What, you like scamming people? Or is it just that you transfer items between accounts? Do you also like being banned?

No staking? This is the only thing I really don't like. It WAS needed however, so they could stop RWTers.

If they didn't make these changes, Real World Trading would LITERALLY destroy Runescape. Just because you can't adapt doesn't mean an entire company should be ruined, and millions of players be let down.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000