The Friendly Hacker?

Dizzle229

dont trust him.. and scan your pc for keyloggers and such.. he might have given you a months of membership but nobody but yourself can be trusted in this game, jagex set these rules for your own safety.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I would do if I were you. Watch the last IP login every time you log in, that way you can tell if someone else is accessing your account. If you haven't given out your password to friends (never do you always get screwed, I got screwed out of 8mil) or it isn't something simple you most likely have spyware. Who is going to sit and attempt to steal a character my means of trial and error. The membership thing I'm sure is to have something over your account. If you give Jagex your credit card information that account will be yours, even if you don't know the recoveries. (friend used to sell his account like that and alls he had do was put in that credit card number and he had it back) I would send Jagex some kind of message stating someone has hacked your account and given it members to be able to reaccess your account. No telling what he has in mind, take it after its trained up for a friend? Good luck fixing this.

And something somewhat similar to this happened to me before. I go to log in after a LONG break and what do you know I can't. I go back and use the recoveries and get it back. What do you know I've got members, but I'm out 8mil. Think I ended up with 2 or 3 months of members before they canceled it. Funniest thing was someone on my friend's list was begging for ME to the account back, and I'm sitting here you've go to be kidding me :roll: . Moral of the story, create a good password, and never give that password out and you most likely will never get hacked. Watch out for spyware too. :ohnoes:

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Accounts are really easy to recover if you are the one holding all the membership details. He also could have changed pass and then changed back so he is also holding two previous passwords.

So, watch out for him recovering.

lalalasig2.png

Safe! Yay!

Turns out it was my XBL friend who had given me members because he wanted me to play RS with him (he's been asking me to get members for quite a while)

The only thing that remains unsolved is how he got my pass :shock:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Hmm, still sounds quite fishy if you ask me.

Is the XBL friend someone you know in real life?

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Heh, that's pretty nice. But if they got caught, they would probably still get in trouble for it.

Personally, my friend had his account accessed by someone. Did they steal his items? No. Did they steal his account? No. Guess what they did? They did a total of around 30 quests, made him around 3m and trained up his skills by a huge portion. :?

The person probably had the intention of keeping the account as his own but was too stupid to change details and whatnot.

Probably. Still quite strange though. :?

j0xPu5R.png

He is probably hoping that you'll get your account to a high level with good gear, then he'll use the mems registration number to take the account.. Or he might actually just be a friendly hacker.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

If you make an account a member, and keep the info. You can almost always get the account back. :roll:

That's nice tho if it was actually just kindness.

Bonus_Track.png

Although he is your XBL friend, be friggin' careful. If the guy can get your password once, chances are he can do it again. As for the credit card, to to seem to fictional, but you have to address the possibility that it's stolen and your account could be banned or something.

[English translation needed]

It's probably Jagex undercover ::'

Andrew: How can we get more players to suscribe..?

Noob: You could pay it for them!

Andrew: Excellent idea!

Noob: Lol, noob.

Andrew: What?

Noob: Nothing >:)

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

May I remind everyone that sharing Runescape accounts is against Jagex rules and thus Tip.It rules too. Admitting to breaking these is also against the rules.

If people continue to post about sharing their accounts previously (No matter how long ago it was) then this topic will be locked and people may be punished further.