Quote chains

In some forums, when you quote somebody, you only quote *them*, not the people they have quoted. It would be nice if tif had this, atleast as an option. It's annoying to have to manually remove other people's quotes that are not relevant.

2480+ total

The biggest problem with quotes, like dsavi said, is the quote count. I would really like to see that upped to 10 or so. I guess your actual suggestion would be nice to have though.

pan.png

Let's see if we can get Pure_MageUK to fix all that up, then? I do think it would be nice to have options for all of this in our user preferences and such. Then we would honestly never have to deal with anyone being upset over it ever again. :thumbsup: ....... I can say I've had a few headbangs over a max of 3 levels while quoting lately. :wall:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Yeah, I find this very confusing. Sometimes, when I try to remove a quote, I end up messing up the whole post.

TIP: Treat your quote strips like HTML code, and check the levels carefully each time that you do strip a quote from your reply. :thumbup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Yeah, I find this very confusing. Sometimes, when I try to remove a quote, I end up messing up the whole post.

TIP: Treat your quote strips like HTML code, and check the levels carefully each time that you do strip a quote from your reply. :thumbup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Yeah, I do that. Most of the time I get it right. But, sometimes I end up messing up.

~Killer

j0xPu5R.png

That's what preview post is for ;)

And the Edit Post function. ;)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Yes.. the 3 quote limit is pretty restrictive. We're discussing it now. 8-)

~Turtlefemm

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

Nested quotes have been increased from 3 to 7. That should ease the frustration on that pretty well. ::'

~Turtle

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

Nested quotes have been increased from 3 to 7. That should ease the frustration on that pretty well. ::'

~Turtle

Sounds great. I've had one or two times when the 3 quote limit prevented me from posting how I wanted to.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Sounds great. I've had one or two times when the 3 quote limit prevented me from posting how I wanted to.

Agreed. I've been having some of the same, both before and after the forum rollbacks. Definitely glad to have this problem fixed. :thumbsup: ... Now to just make sure I don't abuse this new-found freedom by accident, as it is a freedom I need, but not one I wish to overuse. :oops:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull