SSBB Items vs SSBM Items (details about some good/bad items)

Beethovens29

I have also made another post about SSBB Characters vs SSBM Characters which can be found on this post. viewtopic.php?f=151&t=754318

I noticed that brawl also has added/removed different items from melee. Some of which were positive or negative.

[hide=Pokeballs(both)]what i also was disappointed about discovering in brawl was that they took out some of the good pokemon that come out of the poke-balls. Such as articuno, raiku, scissor, [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]r, porygon, cindiquil,blastoise, charizard, zapdos, weezing, clefary, chancey, marill, unknown, and venosaur.

But they did compensate for some of the pokemon's disappearance by adding a different pokemon which serves a similar purpose such as marrill and piplup, torchick and cindiquil, latios/latias and unknown,venosaur, and metagross, etc.

and new pokemon has showed up as well as in bonsly, deoxys, gardevoir, groudon, gulpin, jirachi, kyogre, manaphy, meowth, munchlax, and weavile.

they did keep most of the decent pokemon such as staryu, chikorita, entei, suicine(power is different),togepei, wobbuffet, lugia, [garden tool] oh, moltres, electrode etc.

and assist trophies basically do the same thing as poke-balls.[/hide]

[hide=Dragoon Pieces(brawl)]I think that the dragoon pieces were a good idea being that it can kill 3 ppl at once(3 bcuz there is only up to 3 other ppl u can kill in the stage).I think its also a bit fun that you have to collect the 3 pieces. But it gets irritating when people knock the pieces out of you and you have to knock it back out of them...... O well, great weapons comes great irritation but is kinda worth it.[/hide]

[hide=Flippers(melee)]I hated flippers, they were so annoying. and when you where to use it against a computer player, they would jsut avoid it.....[/hide]

[hide=Parasol(melee)]It's just an umbrella......wow. Nothing much to say about that -.-[/hide]

[hide=Barrel Cannon(melee)]OMG!!! a cannon that shoots you everywhere!!! wow!!! (in case you havn't figured it out, that was sarcasm......[/hide]

[hide=Sandbag(brawl)]Just give us a crate.... why give us a sandbag to hit for items? It's not like we can train on it to make our smashes stronger...... I mean, why add another item producer...we already have 3 types of item producers that worked just fine(barrels, crates, capsules).[/hide]

[hide=Blast Box(brawl)]Just like a crate except this has a 100% chance of blowing up. All other containers have a smaller change of doing so. This item can cause a great deal of damage.[/hide]

[hide=Bob-omb(both)]I was hoping they would take this item out. Although it is a classic nintendo franchise item, it is kind of annoying having it walk around the stage when it hasn't been picked up or having it blow up on you when you get ready to throw it.[/hide]

[hide=Pitfall(brawl)]Very annoying. You can't even tell where it is. It should at least cause the ground to get a darker shade just to indicate the pitfall at least. But it is good if your enemy is following you, and they fall into your pitfall trap. So although it has its downsides, it does compensate for it.[/hide]

[hide=Smart Bomb(brawl)]Very very very annoying, even if ur the one who threw it, u still get hit if ur close enough....... If your in a small stage such as final destination, its very hard to dodge it.[/hide]

[hide=Smash Ball(brawl)]What can i say? its awesome!![/hide]

[hide=Timer(brawl)]Well, it is very useful when you want to get the smash ball. But it hinders you when someone else uses it. The timer is also good for executing massive smashes and KO's[/hide]

[hide=Superspicy Curry(brawl)]The curry is very helpful when your in a tight situation. Shooting Fireballs at 45 degree angles. But once someone is aimed at you, it can be very hard to escape it....[/hide]

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

I basically know everybody who plays brawl here. Nobody plays with items.

Now now, I play with items ;)

I must admit I never played melee, but I loved the original and have played brawl since it came out and I can't imagine the game without items, although I play just for the fun and insanity of it rather than massively competitively or anything like that. Playing with friends in real life with items on (and on high spawn no less) is just a new kind of craziness: having to watch out for a bomb in the back, being pinned by a fire flower, the satisfaction of hitting a home run with the bat or the sheer madness that results whenever a smash ball/golden hammer spawns is brilliant; first the mad rush to claim it and second the mad rush to avoid the thing if you missed out!

final note - poke balls I have the most terrible luck on, yet I am a lucky sod when it comes to smash balls, pros and cons eh :D

Now now, I play with items ;)

I must admit I never played melee, but I loved the original and have played brawl since it came out and I can't imagine the game without items, although I play just for the fun and insanity of it rather than massively competitively or anything like that. Playing with friends in real life with items on (and on high spawn no less) is just a new kind of craziness: having to watch out for a bomb in the back, being pinned by a fire flower, the satisfaction of hitting a home run with the bat or the sheer madness that results whenever a smash ball/golden hammer spawns is brilliant; first the mad rush to claim it and second the mad rush to avoid the thing if you missed out!

final note - poke balls I have the most terrible luck on, yet I am a lucky sod when it comes to smash balls, pros and cons eh :D

Plays here. As in online.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

-

Plays here. As in online.

Well, except Smash Balls. Though I've grown to not play with those either.

I won't bother breaking this one down, since I usually don't play with the "fun" items. Though they're really not that fun if you're honestly trying to win and you get blown up by a random bomb and lose. However, if I'm bored and just want to fool around, sure, I'll turn on Smart Bombs and put them on high... :P

Also, not to be rude, but I don't think you know that much about the game. Sure, basically all the information is correct if you look at it one way, but some of it could be debatable. Like the chance of killing three people with a Dragoon is extremely unlikely. And the timer can backfire...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Also, not to be rude, but I don't think you know that much about the game. Sure, basically all the information is correct if you look at it one way, but some of it could be debatable. Like the chance of killing three people with a Dragoon is extremely unlikely. And the timer can backfire...

i know that there are pros and cons to each item, but i only put that idea there to get the idea of how good or bad it can be being that most people would take it the other way around.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Obviously. He is one of those people who play merely for fun. I have no idea what this thread is for.

Beethovens, what is this thread for?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Sometimes I turn pn only the really explosive items (smart bombs, sticky bombs, etc.) and set them on high, then pick a small stage with 4 people. :thumbsup:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

These topic would have better been suited for the official thread, not really worth having like 6 differnt super smash brothers threads out there......

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Obviously. He is one of those people who play merely for fun. I have no idea what this thread is for.

Beethovens, what is this thread for?

this thread is for people who play with items,(apparently you don't so i don't see why u post in this thread) to discuss how they are good and bad in logical, strategic, and in a lucky way.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png