PS3 or XBOX360?

Beethovens29

Name some PS3 exclusives if there are so many coming out next year. And GOW2 isnt the only decent exclusive coming out this year for 360: Fable 2, Too Human, Halo Wars, Left 4 Dead, AoC. The only decent exclusive i can think of coming out for PS3 is Final Fantasy, oh wait. :oops:

I dunno where you live, but in UK, PS3 is still about £100 more than a 360.

Yea Sony may be bringing out an 80GB model, but seriously who needs it, i have the 20GB 360 and IM only using 7GB atm and im pretty sure a 360 will contain much more infomation/memory than a PS3, (Skins, gamertag, gamer profile, free demos etc).

I know there are more exclusives than GOW2 and you should know that there are more exclusives than just MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet. Seriously people should actually look at the PS3's instead of just saying the usual MGS4 is the only good one.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 actually has many great exclusives coming out in the near future.

PS3 fans have been saying this since the console came out. I wonder if the next-gen consoles are out by the time this "near future" starts

Probably about a few years after that.

The only thing I see that could save the ps3 would be god of war 3. Also the whole Disney being all about blue-ray basically means that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be a ps3 exclusive as well, but there is no release date on god of war and I don't think kingdom hearts 3 has even been announced. So basically the 360 is still looking a lot stronger in my opinion.

like hell it is, Square Enix didn't let FFXIII be a PS3 exclusive hopefully they'll be smart and do it again with KH3. i wont allow it if it PS3 exclusive

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Name some PS3 exclusives if there are so many coming out next year. And GOW2 isnt the only decent exclusive coming out this year for 360: Fable 2, Too Human, Halo Wars, Left 4 Dead, AoC. The only decent exclusive i can think of coming out for PS3 is Final Fantasy, oh wait.

I dunno where you live, but in UK, PS3 is still about £100 more than a 360.

Resistance 2, Motorstorm pacific rift, Littlebigplanet, Killzone 2, coming out this year. I said in my eyes, the only one I'd personally want to play is GOW2, im not speaking for others. Next year GOW3, MAG, Gran Turismo 5, SOCOM, Tekken 6, Infamous(?) more that I cant think of right now. The FF card fails, both because its childish and no one really gives a [cabbage] because PS3 has such a good line up anyway, besides FF13 vs will be PS3 exclusive anyway.

Im not denying that the 360 has great games coming up, im just saying that PS3 has more. As for the cost, factor in the cost of live for the next few years, like I said. Maybe read my post before making an idiot of yourself.

Not really fanboyish if im just stating facts. , unlike Swordhand.
You need to learn the difference between opinions and facts.

Name some PS3 exclusives if there are so many coming out next year. And GOW2 isnt the only decent exclusive coming out this year for 360: Fable 2, Too Human, Halo Wars, Left 4 Dead, AoC. The only decent exclusive i can think of coming out for PS3 is Final Fantasy, oh wait.
Opinion

Yea Sony may be bringing out an 80GB model, but seriously who needs it

Opinion

Its a real shame all these threads turn into flamebait.

mgssteelwarol7.png

Opinion

Yeah, that's what you call this:

Resistance 2, Motorstorm pacific rift, Littlebigplanet, Killzone 2, coming out this year. I said in my eyes, the only one I'd personally want to play is GOW2, im not speaking for others. Next year GOW3, MAG, Gran Turismo 5, SOCOM, Tekken 6, Infamous(?) more that I cant think of right now. The FF card fails, both because its childish and no one really gives a [cabbage] because PS3 has such a good line up anyway, besides FF13 vs will be PS3 exclusive anyway.

Im not denying that the 360 has great games coming up, im just saying that PS3 has more. As for the cost, factor in the cost of live for the next few years, like I said. Maybe read my post before making an idiot of yourself.

An opinion.

Resistance was one of the best games for the PS3, yes. But it's [cabbage] compared to other games. It has an overall metacritic score of 86. Pathetic compared to Halo 3, Mass Effect, GoW, and Bioshock (timed-exclusive, but was an exclusive still).

Same goes for Motorstorm which scored worse.

Oh, and cut the crap, Killzone 2 isn't coming out this year. You're no longer stating an opinion, you're just LYING. Or maybe you really did think it was coming out this year? Lol.

If for him investing around $500 for MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet is worth it now, so be it. Let him spend his money. But if he's buying the console for those "future" games, then he should wait. Who knows, maybe if he buys one of the SKUs now, he'll get the again if Sony releases a new version or lowers the price.

Opinion

Yeah, that's what you call this:

An opinion.

Resistance was one of the best games for the PS3, yes. But it's [cabbage] compared to other games. It has an overall metacritic score of 86. Pathetic compared to Halo 3, Mass Effect, GoW, and Bioshock (timed-exclusive, but was an exclusive still).

Same goes for Motorstorm which scored worse.

Oh, and cut the crap, Killzone 2 isn't coming out this year. You're no longer stating an opinion, you're just LYING. Or maybe you really did think it was coming out this year? Lol.

If for him investing around $500 for MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet is worth it now, so be it. Let him spend his money. But if he's buying the console for those "future" games, then he should wait. Who knows, maybe if he buys one of the SKUs now, he'll get the again if Sony releases a new version or lowers the price.

An opinion.
I never claimed I was stating solid facts, unlike you.

It has an overall metacritic score of 86.
Basing your judgement off a reveiw, instant fail.

If for him investing around $500 for MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet is worth it now, so be it.

Proved henman's point;

I know there are more exclusives than GOW2 and you should know that there are more exclusives than just MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet. Seriously people should actually look at the PS3's instead of just saying the usual MGS4 is the only good one.

Oh, and cut the crap, Halo Wars isn't coming out this year. You're no longer stating an opinion, you're just LYING. Or maybe you really did think it was coming out this year? Lol.

This thread, as always, is descending into a flame war due to ignorance and biased veiwpoints.

mgssteelwarol7.png

For every fanboy argument on tip.it, a little child cries......seriously though, this topic has become quite pathetic with all this childish bickering

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

There will always be clashes between the two, but is there any need to flame bait each other every single time in these topics. It gets really old. -.-

Anyway, as a neutral party, I own both consoles. Now game wise, I believe both consoles have good choices. Some games are exclusive to each, and in terms of that, I'd say PS3 have the better exlusives (MGS4 being the main one).

Internet wise, xbox has a pay for access service, where as the PS3 is free (but you have to pay for updates on games) - I'd say they're both neutral as they're equally as good.

Looks; the PS3 looks more professional/better, though is slightly bigger than the 360. It also has snazzy on/off & eject buttons. :P

Other points are that the ps3 can play blueray disks, aswell as holding images/song files, and the 360 can only hold the song files. If you are looking for the cheaper console, then the 360 would be your best bet. The noise created by the machines is also considerably louder in the 360, than the ps3 (which is virtually silent).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Oh, and cut the crap, Halo Wars isn't coming out this year. You're no longer stating an opinion, you're just LYING. Or maybe you really did think it was coming out this year? Lol.\.

Kinda pathetic that you wouldn't admit that you made a mistake. Instead, you'd rather accuse me of another bullcrap.

Just in case people actually take you seriously other than the special child that you are,

Metacritic number isn't "one" review. It's based on a number of reviews published from various sources.

I agree, threads like this are full of biased and ignorant viewpoints. But the blame lies on people like you that takes these things too seriously and puts a blindfold on rather than argue properly. I already regret taking the time to actually take you seriously. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you need to stick your head in the sand and try your best to be annoying. Just from the responses I've read from you, you obviously don't have the mental capacity to keep going with this. You not being able to differentiate me from T_Millard shows how amazingly dull your brain is. I honestly thought henman was the worst fanboy to come across this forum (before at least), but congratulations, you proved me wrong. Keep going, but until you learn to reply to posts without looking for little holes to pick on by cutting them apart like you do - distorting the original message, I'm pretty sure it's a waste of keystroke to even say "you're wrong." I'll plead to the rest of the community to please, learn to ignore this guy. Ignorance isn't a gift, it's a disease that "Swordhand20" keeps spreading.

like hell it is, Square Enix didn't let FFXIII be a PS3 exclusive hopefully they'll be smart and do it again with KH3. i wont allow it if it PS3 exclusive

When Disney is blue-ray exclusive and the only system that uses blue-ray is the ps3 then Square Enix's hands are tied.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Disney still publishes movies in DVD :P

But not hddvd which is what microsoft is backing, even though the 360 needs a peripheral to play hddvd's.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Dude, sorry to tell you this but HD DVD died a long time ago. It's dead. No one publishes HD DVD movies anymore.

You state that as if I actually care.

wailord.png

Well if you thought that Microsoft was still backing a non-existent media....

I wouldn't put it past them since they did release the failure that is vista.

wailord.png

Oh, and cut the crap, Halo Wars isn't coming out this year. You're no longer stating an opinion, you're just LYING. Or maybe you really did think it was coming out this year? Lol.\.

Kinda pathetic that you wouldn't admit that you made a mistake. Instead, you'd rather accuse me of another bullcrap.

Just in case people actually take you seriously other than the special child that you are,

Metacritic number isn't "one" review. It's based on a number of reviews published from various sources.

I agree, threads like this are full of biased and ignorant viewpoints. But the blame lies on people like you that takes these things too seriously and puts a blindfold on rather than argue properly. I already regret taking the time to actually take you seriously. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you need to stick your head in the sand and try your best to be annoying. Just from the responses I've read from you, you obviously don't have the mental capacity to keep going with this. You not being able to differentiate me from T_Millard shows how amazingly dull your brain is. I honestly thought henman was the worst fanboy to come across this forum (before at least), but congratulations, you proved me wrong. Keep going, but until you learn to reply to posts without looking for little holes to pick on by cutting them apart like you do - distorting the original message, I'm pretty sure it's a waste of keystroke to even say "you're wrong." I'll plead to the rest of the community to please, learn to ignore this guy. Ignorance isn't a gift, it's a disease that "Swordhand20" keeps spreading.

Oh No! This thread has got to the point people call each other fanboys when they should look at themselves and then complain! Why are you calling him a fanboy when you are wii hater and 360 lover?

Oh No! This thread has got to the point people call each other fanboys when they should look at themselves and then complain! Why are you calling him a fanboy when you are wii hater and 360 lover?

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=756329

FYI, I don't hate the Wii. I loathe it. It's a joke of a console compared to the GameCube. It's suckers like you that allowed Nintendo to realize that they can half-arse a console and still make a crap-ton of money. Enjoy your shovelware machine. :thumbup:

I've not acted in any way like a fanboy, anyone who likes a console more than another is not a fanboy, as long as they see both sides of the argument, which I can. You cut my post up like I did to yours. I'm not spreading ignorance, rather enlightening people to the fact that PS3 has good games coming up. that was all this was about, it wasn't an attack on the Xbox or yourself. As for the "mental capacity" [cabbage], that wasnt needed, this shouldnt be personal.

Instead you could have just said "lets just agree to disagree", which I would have willingly accepted. So lets continue on that line and not let this descent into petty flaming. Because I dont want this hostility between us, and I'm sure you dont either. So lets say no more about it. :)

Gf though.

FYI, I don't hate the Wii. I loathe it. It's a joke of a console compared to the GameCube. It's suckers like you that allowed Nintendo to realize that they can half-arse a console and still make a crap-ton of money. Enjoy your shovelware machine.
Partly agree with you there. Its still a very entertaining appliance, it just isnt a games console. I agree that Nintendo dont deserve their money seen as they just took a last gen console and gave it a gimmicky control system, shoved it on the market and knew it would sell due to their 1st party games.
mgssteelwarol7.png

FYI, I don't hate the Wii. I loathe it. It's a joke of a console compared to the GameCube. It's suckers like you that allowed Nintendo to realize that they can half-arse a console and still make a crap-ton of money. Enjoy your shovelware machine. :thumbup:

What exactly is the point of that topic? Well the "shovelware" seems to be doing better than the PS3 and 360...

What exactly is the point of that topic? Well the "shovelware" seems to be doing better than the PS3 and 360...

Most of the games are shovelware. Loads and loads of wii games are complete [cabbage], all of the very worst games are on Wii, due to devs jumping on the Nintendo bandwagon.

mgssteelwarol7.png

And why do Wii owners love showing off the sales number? Yay, Nintendo makes a crap-ton of money out of you. What does it mean to you as the consumer?

More half-arsed games like Wii music. Enjoy.

no third party wants to develop on the wii for obvious reasons. only success' comes from their first party developers. now they can keep developing only their zelda and mario titles and repeat their gamecube days in last place or make a bunch of crap excuses for games like that wii music and exercise games to reach a new audience.

What?

m_theory11.png

I'd go for the 360, especially if you're into Shooters, RPGs, and stuff like that. It's got a bunch of great games (Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Gears, etc.)..and if you're into more arcade-style games, there are games that can be bought and downloaded from the marketplace. The online isn't free ($50 a year...less than 1 full year of members for Runescape), but it's definitely worth it.

Soon, it will also have movies available for 'rent' through the marketplace from netflix, also. It can play MP3s, DVDs, and some Original Xbox Games, although more are being added to the compatability list daily.

The new 60 GB Hard Drives are sure to provide more than enough free space for downloadable content, and anything else that would go there. It doesn't have some of the same online features (wi-fi adapter is $100, and sold seperately; no web browser)...but come on. Do you REALLY need to use your Xbox as a web browser?

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

And why do Wii owners love showing off the sales number? Yay, Nintendo makes a crap-ton of money out of you. What does it mean to you as the consumer?

More half-arsed games like Wii music. Enjoy.

Isn't sales what the 360 fanboys used to show off about before the Wii started outselling it?