Advanced Farming Route

De_Lille_D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trees take about 14 hours to grow. I suggest you do one trip each day. So, it can miss about 20 cycles for all I care ...

I did notice a decrease in trees that weren't done after 24 hours after I started using supercompost.

Also, without compost you can't plant 15 willows or 10 mages a day, because they'll take too long to replant.

2dvjurb.png

Again, if you want to do multiple runs a day, that's fine; but this guide discusses using all patches, once a day... Trees take a max of 460 minutes to grow (that's 7.6 hours) and a cycle takes 5 minutes. So, for this guide, supercompost isn't needed for trees.

BTW, things I'll add very soon:

- New Limpwurt patch in wildy (fastest tele: Clan Wars)

- Bringing Falador shield will increase the exp at the Falador/Draynor patches.

Great Guide. Definately AOW worthy.

1 small thing:

I would like to see the Distractions and Diversions mentioned in the long version of the guide.

1 big ish thing:

how about a lunar magic version, it has great tele's for farming, you can use house tele tabs to access the normal magic teles and it has super compost spell.

Evilfish1.png

I think I'll do Baby Blacks :P

I was going to add Diversions and Distractions in the long guide, but unfortunately I won't have time for it until 31th August as I have exams prepare...

The lunar magic isn't as simple though ...

Here are the disadvantages of using Lunar :

* It has higher requirements (92 Magic if you want to use Trollheim tele)

* It is probably faster to do a run with Normal than a trip with Lunar

* The Lunar teles are limited and a lot of them are useless for Farming

* The few usefull teles Lunar offers are easily replaced (Catherby -> Camelot, Fishing Guild -> Combat Brace)

* You lose Trollheim tele (no house portal or tab) and you'll need Spellbook Swap to be able to use it.

* Fertile soil actually costs more than using a normal supercompost [707 < (3*109 + 2*235)]

* Lunar will have to have entirely different inventories and might even ask for a completely new route

Here are advantages it has over Normal:

* You'll get Magic exp for using Fertile soil

* If you use Lunar a lot for other things (like Slayer or Runecrafting for me), you won't have to switch to Normal each day and back

It seems to me that the answer is rather obvious ...Don't get me wrong: I'd love to include Lunar, but for the moment I don't have time for it.

My advise: get about 20 enchanted lyres and just do the switch

Hey, your guide's really nice, I've been using it for the past few days! :D However, you left out the Canifis farming patch (not the mushroom one, the one near the Ectofunctus), would be nice if you could add it in :thumbsup: Good job!

Hey, your guide's really nice, I've been using it for the past few days! :D However, you left out the Canifis farming patch (not the mushroom one, the one near the Ectofunctus), would be nice if you could add it in :thumbsup: Good job!

The allotment patch? Check again, it's in there ... (part 4)

Thank you very much for this guide. I honestly have never been a huge fan or farming but with this guide, I'm certainly encouraged to start, at the very least, farming herbs to make some extra money. Thanks a lot. :)

I think it's worth noting that a Skills Necklace can be used in place of a Combat Bracelet (teleport to the Fishing Guild in place of the Ranging Guild) to get to the Ardougne patch.

Yes, that thought occurred to me, but I prefer the Bracelet for these reasons:

- You use the Combat bracelet later on in the guide to tele to the Champions Guild

- I like the Glory teleports a lot, so I'm used to have a glory as necklace

- Switching to Skill Necklace take time and if you forget to switch back, you might have to make a detour via Castle Wars

It's technically possible, but the Bracelet requires not equipment switching.

Very usefull guide! I'm using it right now.

One thing, you have axe listed twice in Part 2:

Inventory: watering can, spade, seed dibber, axe, fruit tree sapling + payment, Calquat sapling + 8 poison ivy berries(noted), axe, 30 gp, Ardougne teleport
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome guide :thumbsup:

I found a few mistakes/suggestions:

1) Bring ardy tele runes after the ardy allotment/herb patch so you don't have to run to the bank

2) You already banked the evil turnip bucket

3) For the canifis part you said "bucketsand", obviously this should be "buckets and"

4) You forgot to say that you need to equip the magic secutir (spelling?) thing after fairy rings

5) There is no reason why you need to use the home tele for the lumby tree patch, a regular one is quicker

6) You didn't include watchtower tele runes

Other than that it was awesome ^^

Awesome guide :thumbsup:

I found a few mistakes/suggestions:

1) Bring ardy tele runes after the ardy allotment/herb patch so you don't have to run to the bank

2) You already banked the evil turnip bucket

3) For the canifis part you said "bucketsand", obviously this should be "buckets and"

4) You forgot to say that you need to equip the magic secutir (spelling?) thing after fairy rings

5) There is no reason why you need to use the home tele for the lumby tree patch, a regular one is quicker

6) You didn't include watchtower tele runes

Other than that it was awesome ^^

1) Yeah that's probably a good idea. I would've included it when I wrote the guide, but before the leprechaun noting update, inventory space was too limited to bring tele runes.

2) I'm not sure which step you are referring to ... and I doubt i said banked, since you're supposed to stock it in the leprechaun (except when you pass through Gnome Stronghold).

3) Edited

4) I guessed that was implied, but I'll add it later; no time now. (BTW secateur)

5) Phr33 run3s pl0x?

6) I'm aware of that, it's in my to-do list at the top of the thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

made lots of cash from this cos herbs m8 thnx thumbs up brill guide i only knew how to plant the first lvl seeds show wat i no lol

atk 60/99 flechting 66/99 wc 68/99 rc 30/99 def 59/99 (*new one) farming 14/99 all in all im a crappy lvl 70 lol ash_manisgo.png1659553.gif

Click here to feed me a !

Get your own at Dinomon!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=252&t=805106 lending item

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=805109 selling salmon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you haven't done the new Ardougne Diary, I suggest you get to it. There's a couple of things that might come in handy:

- A tele to Ardougne Farming patch (meaning your Combat Bracelets will last twice as long)

- Free Daily 100/150 Pure Ess from the wizard in northeast Ardougne

- Tele to monastery south of Ardougne (great if I can squeeze the part on Karamja and south ardougne in 1 invo)

I'm going to update the guide now and hopefully fix up the layout a bit.

If you haven't done the new Ardougne Diary, I suggest you get to it. There's a couple of things that might come in handy:

- A tele to Ardougne Farming patch (meaning your Combat Bracelets will last twice as long)

- Free Daily 100/150 Pure Ess from the wizard in northeast Ardougne

- Tele to monastery south of Ardougne (great if I can squeeze the part on Karamja and south ardougne in 1 invo)

I'm going to update the guide now and hopefully fix up the layout a bit.

don't suppose you could time how long it takes to run to a farming patch? (don't time how long it takes to plant/harvest)

I think that would be very important in actually finding an accurate xp/hour rate on farming

Naaxi.png

Not quite finished yet, i'll continue later.

don't suppose you could time how long it takes to run to a farming patch? (don't time how long it takes to plant/harvest)

I think that would be very important in actually finding an accurate xp/hour rate on farming

I think it's a little over an hour, but you have to keep in mind that this can differ from person to person, depending on what plants you chose, what teles/items you have, ... Therefore, I think it's best to time it for yourself, so you know exactly what aplies to you. Rest assured that this is the best xp/time invested.

Not quite finished yet, i'll continue later.

I think it's a little over an hour, but you have to keep in mind that this can differ from person to person, depending on what plants you chose, what teles/items you have, ... Therefore, I think it's best to time it for yourself, so you know exactly what aplies to you. Rest assured that this is the best xp/time invested.

oh i didn't mean time for your entire run

I meant time for each individual run.

IE how long does it take to teleport and run to the trollheim patch.

I can time it myself when I have some free time. I just wanted some data to make a farming spreadsheet you know?

If you do take the data be sure to fill me in, or I'll just time it myself when i get the chance. Thanks!

Naaxi.png

oh i didn't mean time for your entire run

I meant time for each individual run.

IE how long does it take to teleport and run to the trollheim patch.

I can time it myself when I have some free time. I just wanted some data to make a farming spreadsheet you know?

If you do take the data be sure to fill me in, or I'll just time it myself when i get the chance. Thanks!

That would be a lot of useless work, I think.

If you want to help, time yourself making an run and tell me which patches you (don't) use. I'll add it to the guide.

This goes for everyone with a clock.

The only rule: you have to do it all at once. If you lose any time with for example recharging combat bracelet, your time won't count.