The government and its control over us.

RSBDavid

Of the nations millionaires only like 2% inherited their money. The rest are self made.

That would be direct inheritance. If your parents are rich, you have a much greater chance to be sent off to a good college and your parents can make sure you live a nice easy life, so then one day you can become rich too. I'd love to see statistics showing me how many poor people there are who once lived with their rich families. My guess is it wouldn't be a very high number at all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can go to a good college. Maybe rich people send their kids to private high schools which would give them a better chance of going to college.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

And your tax dollars? Do you pay taxes? I'm not talking the taxes you pay when you buy your food at Wal-Mart. I mean real taxes.

You realize a good portion of teenagers work and therefore are required to pay taxes, right?

you realize a good portion of teenagers work off the books and therefore are not required to pay taxes, right?

Actually, I've only met 1 person under 18 who worked under the table, and that was because she was under the minimum working age here (16). Most of the teenagers who work have to pay taxes, and technically it's illegal for an employer to have someone work under the table unless it's an independent contractor, who takes care of his/her own taxes.

Anyone can go to a good college. Maybe rich people send their kids to private high schools which would give them a better chance of going to college.

Sure, anyone can. But you can't deny the correlation. Why is it that the government essentially consists of the same family trees?

When I think about the control that is in the schools, I see a lot of reason behind it, even if the anger/frusteration/paranoia your rights are being taken away makes you miss the reasoning.

For example when I think about it, the food restraints are because people are getting fat, people don't know what they are eating, kids are becoming more out of control than they were 20 years ago, elementary kids are doing drugs now instead of when they are in high school. Does this harm you, not really.

Removing soda machines and everything is just the start. Water should only be the thing advertised at schools. That tropicana, or fruitopia, is full of sugar, which is bad for your teeth, which is cavitities, which isn't covered by most government health plans, so do they care enough about sugar, or the caffeine causing depression, or the fact that it's been the media whose been saying pop is bad, but fruit juice is ok, even if it isn't.

Though I do have to agree with the OP that checking what kids bring from home, and writing down what they've eaten is kind of stupid. Ever happens in my remaining 3 years, I'm going to package food other than what I bring...So easy to overcome.

But yea for the most part the government is doing a good job, just some things don't need to be done in the schools.

Also, come over to Canada, we still got pop machines here in Ontario, I think we have a larger variety than a corner store does. :lol:

Sure, anyone can. But you can't deny the correlation. Why is it that the government essentially consists of the same family trees?

No it doesn't. Maybe Ted Kennedy and George Bush. Go through the names of everyone from the house. Or even the senate. Most of them aren't from political families. Neither of the two candidates running for President are.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

The public school system exists to control and force conformity on the children of our country. It teaches nothing, it only exists to press us into molds and product more ignorant, brainwashed soldiers and workers. And the government is controlled from behind the scenes by the international banking families. The U.S. was originally formed to escape the control of the British banking system, but we were retaken fairly quickly, thanks to the "Federal Reserve Bank". Our government is constantly borrowing money from the FRB, which is, despite it's name, a private institution, and every dollar borrowed by us and our government is essentially a loan, with interest. And the only way to pay that interest is by... You guessed it, borrrowing more money. Driving us even deeper into debt. There is no real way to escape this trap set by the banking cartels, save rebellion. So what will we chose, the collar and leash or the sword and the pen?

Just a link here that applies a little:

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

The public school system exists to control and force conformity on the children of our country. It teaches nothing, it only exists to press us into molds and product more ignorant, brainwashed soldiers and workers. And the government is controlled from behind the scenes by the international banking families. The U.S. was originally formed to escape the control of the British banking system, but we were retaken fairly quickly, thanks to the "Federal Reserve Bank". Our government is constantly borrowing money from the FRB, which is, despite it's name, a private institution, and every dollar borrowed by us and our government is essentially a loan, with interest. And the only way to pay that interest is by... You guessed it, borrrowing more money. Driving us even deeper into debt. There is no real way to escape this trap set by the banking cartels, save rebellion. So what will we chose, the collar and leash or the sword and the pen?

What are you talking about? The federal reserve bank is owned and payed for by the goverment, and thus the citizens of the United States. The money it distributes is backed up by the stability and creditworthiness of the country.

That said, you do seem to have a problem there. At my school, people were mad about constantly rising prices so everyone refused to buy lunch, for about 6 months. We would on random, set days all go up and try to buy lunch so they would have to call and get pizza for everyone (which was expensive, since on those days they got used to serving ~20 lunches a day instead of 700) then on the next day buying nothing, so they would prepare 700 lunches and most of it would be wasted. After about 6 months they caved and lowered prices. If I were you I would organize protest where EVERYONE brings in lots and lots of junk food (AKA 12 doughnuts, 20 packs of M&M's, lots of Cheetos etc) and eats it ALL. They may be able to suspend 1 or 2 people, but you can't suspend hundreds of people.

I suggest talking with whoever controls this in your school that as an underweight person, it would be wise for you to be allowed to receive a higher calorie intake as you intend to increase your weight to healthy levels. And I don't think that this person is just 'The Government', there has to be someone in your school who actually regulates these things. Just giving a flatline limit to everyone is poor planning.

Also, I suggest a method other than sugar to keep you awake in school. Like sleeping longer or getting more carbohydrates.

I'm not going to judge the US government because it has no relevance to me, but I can suggest! ::'

He can eat a higher calorie intake without eating crap, but I'm still on his side. Try telling your school board or whoever is in charge that junk food can be part of a healthy diet in moderationIf you were to bring 15 donuts to school, that's a different matter. Junk food can help lower stress levels and make a person calmer, and what right does the school have to take that right to eat junk food away. I'm sure a few cookies a day at lunch isn't going to make everybody obese, which is what the school boards want us to think.

Well, no, nothing is going to make you fat if in moderation, but junk food is still inadvisable for the purposes of weight gain. Why doesn't he just have junk food lunches during the weekend if he has to? More than two a week starts to go a bit further than moderation.

I know it's bad that there are limits in this way, but I'm sure that something can be done about the underweight situation. Intentionally eating very high calorie foods every day will have some pretty bad side effects, and I'm not talking about getting fat.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Just a link here that applies a little:

Methinks you've been reading too many conspiracy books.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Wow, you must live in California or Massachusetts, that stinks fatties should be able to control their own weight not have the government tell them what to eat...this is Communism.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008