The government and its control over us.

RSBDavid

The one thing that ticks me off the most is being over controled. I just found out that everything we buy at lunch at school will be logged. It will also log the approximate calorie and other nutritional information intake. Our school also removed anything unhealthy from the vending machines, including my almighty pop machine. I needed the sugar to keep my awake during classes. I am underweight. Just because some people drink and eat nonstop, doesn't mean I have to be responsable for their actions. We can't bring junk food from home. First offense is a friday school. Second is 2 days Oss, and each additional is 2 days oss + 1 per number of offenses. I am a senoir in High school, i should get more rights. Even if you pack your lunch, you have to write down what you eat.

The FCC has censored radio and TV things, but what is next? Internet? I don't the government who waste my tax dollars, on paid vacations and other cabbage, to control my life. I want to be able to choose what I watch and eat at my own free will, without being monitored.

Isn't there a privacy amendment?

What is your opionion on the US government? (sorry for all of the non US users, you can still answer if you want.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on the bag lunch thing. Its what you bring from home, the school has no business unless you're bringing crack in your lunchbag.

However, I do think the measures to make schools healthier are somewhat reasonable. Our country undergoes constant criticism for unhealthy Americans. Plus, anyone who needs sugar to stay awake in class obviously needs to change their lifestyle a little bit. I hate how people say they're dependant on caffeine or sugar to go through the day. If you work to a point where you cannot get your necessary hours of sleep then I can understand, but as a student there's no excuse to depend on sugar. Get more sleep. As for being underweight, having a healthy lunch at school doesn't halt your weight gaining altogether. You might want to consider gaining that weight in muscle instead of fat., and have larger breakfasts and dinners. I don't see how having a healthy lunch is suffering.

And if I'm not mistaken, there is no privacy amendment.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I think you should be allowed to bring whatever food you want to school as long as it is eaten when they say you can. I agree with warren though. You don't need sugar to stay awake. Try more carbohydrates and drinking more water if you are so underweight ;)

First off, it's FCC. =) You should learn the names of the people you're criticizing.

Secondly, whether or not you have rights is up for debate in the Congress. You're not technically an adult. You're not out of high school yet. The government basically says (though I don't believe this was the founding fathers' intentions) that you shouldn't really have all of your rights until you're out of school. Also, it's an institution that you aren't paying for more than likely. Your parents might be if it's public, but more than likely you are not. You don't really get much of a say on whether or not soda machines can stay.

I will agree that writing down everything that you eat is a bit tedious, but I don't think that's federal government regulation. I haven't heard about that coming from anywhere else. That's more than likely your school, district, county/parish, or state regulation. Which gets into another argument entirely. And your tax dollars? Do you pay taxes? I'm not talking the taxes you pay when you buy your food at Wal-Mart. I mean real taxes.

Also, I'm not sure how you made the leap from school to the FCC, but nevertheless, the FCC found it necessary to censor things because some people don't seem to have the capability of making these decisions for themselves. It's the same with the BMI factor. Some people don't seem to be capable of helping themselves, so in order to fix one person, to make it "fair" we have to "fix" everyone.

In closing, I'd like to quote Benjamin Franklin:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

That's the society we're turning into. Oh and if you want to be scared even more, just look at FISA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_In ... llance_Act

Also as everyone else has said, we don't have a privacy act. But we do have some freedoms that do, indeed, seem to be taken away. And the government seems to be doing everything they can to say that these weren't part of our freedoms. (e.g. The founding fathers never mentioned the Internet in what they wrote, so there's no freedom of speech there. ORLY? THE FOUNDING FATHERS HAD INTERNETZ?! LOLZ!)

The Illuminati have been gone for years. Damn you Dan Brown. Besides, do you really think our government is in an organization that has/does contain/ed the greatest minds in the world?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

The Illuminati have been gone for years. Damn you Dan Brown. Besides, do you really think our government is in an organization that has/does contain/ed the greatest minds in the world?

I know they've been gone. It was the only group I could think of right now. And it's not a fact that it's our government. ALL governments are controlled by it.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

I know they've been gone. It was the only group I could think of right now. And it's not a fact that it's our government. ALL governments are controlled by it.

Ahh, conspiracies are great fun, eh? :P

Sorry, I just think these sorts of things are ridiculous.

We live in an age of paranoia. It's going to happen.

z0mg the communists are in our lunchbags. :shock: /joke. :lol:

dang, i eat healthy anyway, but they should not have the right to restrict what you choose to bring from home. #-o

I've actually been told by Master Masons that the Illuminati is a branch of Masonry, but they claim that it's most likely just an inner sorority type thing. Basically just a fanclub for old people.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I've actually been told by Master Masons that the Illuminati is a branch of Masonry, but they claim that it's most likely just an inner sorority type thing. Basically just a fanclub for old people.

Ahh, I'd love to be a Mason. Unfortunately the only ones that I know are very old and will probably die by the time I'm old enough to join.

Yeah, I know. Just because my sister doesn't bring a perfectly healthy lunch set by their guidelines for one day, we get the children's aid called on us... So, I can sort of feel your pain...

j0xPu5R.png

Here in Canada (Well, at least in New Brunswick) they removed that kind of food too, so you can't buy fries or sodas, but there's no such thing as a list of what you bring from home, you can bring as much junk food as you want from home, there's going to be no consequences.

You're quite unlucky my friend :shock: .

Here in Canada (Well, at least in New Brunswick) they removed that kind of food too, so you can't buy fries or sodas, but there's no such thing as a list of what you bring from home, you can bring as much junk food as you want from home, there's going to be no consequences.

There is talk about possible uniforms later this year to keep kids from wearing inappropriate clothing and accessories. They are taking the free out of freedom leaving is with "dumb".

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

There is talk about possible uniforms later this year to keep kids from wearing inappropriate clothing and accessories. They are taking the free out of freedom leaving is with "dumb".

There's a website here:

http://www.schooluniforms-not.org/

Just found it while google searching.

j0xPu5R.png

I lol'd. :lol:

But yeah, getting rights taken away do suck. What can be done to stop them, though? And don't say "Write a letter." They don't seem to care. :D

We elect officials to benefit our needs, not make them more money and benefit their wants.

Then again, we don't necessarily need junk food. What's next, though, I suppose would be the argument.

^^ Politicians don't really make that much money. Writing letters doesn't really do anything though. Maybe if it's something minor and you have a lot of signatures.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Hang on, so are you talking about school policy or actual government policy? Because it sounds like the school's business to me, rather than government.

So you are not even complaining about the right things.

^^ Politicians don't really make that much money. Writing letters doesn't really do anything though. Maybe if it's something minor and you have a lot of signatures.

Ehh, that's true, sorry, my mistake.

Hang on, so are you talking about school policy or actual government policy? Because it sounds like the school's business to me, rather than government.

So you are not even complaining about the right things.

We are complaining about the right things. A lot of these complaints deal with how the government is handling public schools.

The one thing that ticks me off the most is being over controled. I just found out that everything we buy at lunch at school will be logged. It will also log the approximate calorie and other nutritional information intake. Our school also removed anything unhealthy from the vending machines, including my almighty pop machine. I needed the sugar to keep my awake during classes. I am underweight. Just because some people drink and eat nonstop, doesn't mean I have to be responsable for their actions. We can't bring junk food from home. First offense is a friday school. Second is 2 days Oss, and each additional is 2 days oss + 1 per number of offenses. I am a senoir in High school, i should get more rights. Even if you pack your lunch, you have to write down what you eat.

The FCC has censored radio and TV things, but what is next? Internet? I don't the government who waste my tax dollars, on paid vacations and other cabbage, to control my life. I want to be able to choose what I watch and eat at my own free will, without being monitored.

Isn't there a privacy amendment?

What is your opionion on the US government? (sorry for all of the non US users, you can still answer if you want.

What the... That sounded like you live in North Korea..