2 Upcoming RS updates... [SPOILERS]

Trey

Alright so, here are a few pictures that i found on another RS fansite.

I obviously cannot confirm these updates 100% but i have a feeling they are legit.

The pictures were found because "the model grabber grabs models from the runescape cache,

and saves them as .zc or .mdl on ur computer... then RSMV allows u to look at them."

These spoilers are a pretty big dead, imo, so proceed at your own risk...

[hide=Yo wut up SPIOLERS?!]Fist up we have the music cape ;)

musiccapems3.png

And second..... The DRAGON PLATE

dragonplatecy1.png[/hide]

Discuss plz

4e0Vn.png

Isnt this the way they found out the summoning familairs?

And if this is true the plate looks pretty nice..

And a white/black cape..gonna be awesome to imo.

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

yes this is how they found the summoning familiars and i agree. both look awesome

4e0Vn.png

Yeah it was.

But these might still be concepts, not an absolute indication of release.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Intresting,

[noobquestion] How do people manage to find these images? Hacking of some sort? [/noobquestion]

Guess the trim is for the quest cape? Since, quests are really related to music.

i guess there are programs that grab models and things that run in the code from java.

4e0Vn.png

Intresting,

[noobquestion] How do people manage to find these images? Hacking of some sort? [/noobquestion]

Guess the trim is for the quest cape? Since, quests are really related to music.

i guess there are programs that grab models and things that run in the code from java.

Everything you view in runescape is client side, it is all stored in the cache, The program just formats the models to be viewable.

Pretty much the program emulates the official rs client and displays singular models.

Might I also remind you that this is against the rules.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2077

Modified or replacement versions of our game applets. Reverse engineering our game applets is strictly prohibited. Using a modified version of our game applets is not permitted for any reason. Third party software that displays pages/content from our website(s), and that has specific features (i.e. toolkits) must not be used to access our website unless that software conforms with all of the other rules, and the following additional rules:

in b4 lock.

PS: and before some [developmentally delayed] comes in here saying 'this isn't reverse engineering noob!' (What happened last time when that idiot posted these same exact images).

Reverse engineering (RE) is the process of discovering the technological principles of a device, object or system through analysis of its structure, function and operation. It often involves taking something (e.g. a mechanical device, electronic component, or software program) apart and analyzing its workings in detail, usually to try to make a new device or program that does the same thing without copying anything from the original.
sig.jpg

The problem is, these supposedly have been in the cache for a very long time (I remember seeing topics with cache images from months ago) and Jagex have done nothing with them. The music cape in particular seems to have been abandoned in favour of that emote which nobody uses.

And Dragon Platebody is quite obviously being held back so Jagex can shove it as a ridiculously rare drop from some lvl 2000 monster that always 1 hits even through prayer, given their current obsession with making full Dragon unobtainable to all but a couple of people.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Heard about plate, it looks stupid. =|

Music cape is also stupid imo, what was the point in having air guitar. =3

What is the point of any emote.

Air Guitar signifies 500 songs unlocked. Status of showing your achievement, some of the rest have been used in quests, the rest are useless. =]

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

If you hadn't noticed, there's more than 500 music pieces now emot-eng101.png?w=23

I had, like 40? Seems pretty pointless to have a cape for only 40 more songs, perhaps when they top 750 ish.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Dragon Platebody came out last week or so, it's untradable.

Use that new "key" with the Mithril doors and you go upstairs into a new area with Adamant Dragons (Level 676).

Locking this thread. Discussion of how to pull out code to discover things about Runescape is against the rules as was stated earlier in this thread:

Modified or replacement versions of our game applets. Reverse engineering our game applets is strictly prohibited. Using a modified version of our game applets is not permitted for any reason. Third party software that displays pages/content from our website(s), and that has specific features (i.e. toolkits) must not be used to access our website unless that software conforms with all of the other rules, and the following additional rules:

Discussing future updates is fine. Using screenshots and discussing methods of finding things out that are against Jagex rules is not fine.

~Turtlefemm

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle