What Jagex needs to change by Grave Stones

Dire_Wolf

As i lagged, i died at Water fiends. Tested Verac Set+Mage protect. Dont ask me why, but it seemed good idea and it worked well too, but i lagged and disconnected, then logged in and i died.

Now what is Gravestones good for if you disconnect, it will disappear? When you drink a super attack potion, and log out...

Then 10 hours later log in, the Super attack effect has NOT GONE away a single level. This should apply for Gravestones...

My gravestone was angel of death, lasted 5 min. After i disconnected and loged in and saw i died , i hurried within 1 min there and saw my gravestone was not there. I knew that but checked anyway.

The reason Jagex used Gravestone is cause of RWT. Alot people say "Well now you got chance to get stuff back"...

With the stuff dropped by death, if you log out it disappears when it comes to graves. Old way of dropping took 2-3min for all items to GO AWAY, so id say old metod would helped me now....

NOW ID LIKE JAGEX TO CHANGE THIS. ITS STUPID!

P.S Another relevant thing: Fight Cave minigame "Loging out". After each wave, you logged out, and you would "Save" the round and continue when you came back on....

Lost: Verac Helm, Flail, D boots, HP cape, Cash, and so on :(

Valid rant, good point I've suffered the same fate a few times meself, although its a challenge to earn back all the gear that is lost, its one I could do without.

The only head-scratcher bit about this type of idea, how bad (if at all) would it effect the RS 'economy'?

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Valid rant, good point I've suffered the same fate a few times meself, although its a challenge to earn back all the gear that is lost, its one I could do without.

The only head-scratcher bit about this type of idea, how bad (if at all) would it effect the RS 'economy'?

I'm sure nothing would crash, skyrocket, plummet, devalue, fluctuate etc. because a few players who lag out can get their stuff back which they shouldn't lose at all.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Totally agree,

That fact that gravestones dissapear when you get logged out is stupid seeing how a large portion of deaths are caused by lag, the timer on graves should only count down when your logged in aswell. That way people have a fair chance of getting there stuff back.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I logged fast in after the disconnection and went to waterfiends where i died. If anyone here didn't get that.

So the grave wasen't there. Which is what i know it is ...but i went anyway.

But this is stupid. They should change it no matter what.

EConomy? For gods sake, people earn money...through hard work.

It's not like me for example, Go and bot and get cash. I EARN IT.

So it's kinda stupid to say it "will affect economy", when people have worked for the cash and items and earned right to have them.

Then a stupid lagg, makes them loose it. :?

How would being able to retrieve your own stuff on death affect the economy anyway? :|

Sounds a bit like garbage, that...

Checks post.

I merely said is it possible that a change of this could have a effect, not that it definitely will. #-o

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Again I must marvel how GE-wh0res can try and make an economic change of anything, FOR EXAMPLE WHEN SOMEONE LOSES HIS STUFF IN GWD. Just stop the merchantile-thinking and please, think like one of us commoners in these cases.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Well it could have effect on economy (lower demand), but there aren't many people who dies with expensive stuff every day, so it would barely be noticeable :roll:

I died many times, the reason of majority of the deaths was lag. And gravestones wouldn't help at all.. On the other hand, if you die, you are supposed to loose all the stuff, aren't you? I think i'd support jagex if they removed ANY means of getting your stuff back after death :roll:

2qcigdz.png

Well it could have effect on economy (lower demand), but there aren't many people who dies with expensive stuff every day, so it would barely be noticeable :roll:

I died many times, the reason of majority of the deaths was lag. And gravestones wouldn't help at all.. On the other hand, if you die, you are supposed to loose all the stuff, aren't you? I think i'd support jagex if they removed ANY means of getting your stuff back after death :roll:

So how about Jagex contributes to more lagg? Does that seem right? :wall:

Noo...

Yes people shud die in game, but not by lag.

Know what? You never used to have a grave stone at all. I think everyone should be thankful and stop complaining about how hard the game is when you lose stuff, and then later complain that the game is getting to easy. Seriously. So you lost some stuff, big deal. Go do a little work and get it back. Gives you something to do to break up the monotony anyways.

Blakdragon39.png

Know what? You never used to have a grave stone at all. I think everyone should be thankful and stop complaining about how hard the game is when you lose stuff, and then later complain that the game is getting to easy. Seriously. So you lost some stuff, big deal. Go do a little work and get it back. Gives you something to do to break up the monotony anyways.

We never asked for a Grave. Plus, don't forget how we did it before grave:

* Friends helped us

* If i didn't have Grave in my situation, i would have gotten my stuff back :wall: But i am not complaining.

* We accepted the fact we died.

What i am saying, is graves are great. But it's not right, that Graves should be affected by lagg...

If you think that "Lag" is good for people dieing, cause...some must die or it just death..

Then your also saying indirectly that "LAgg shud be something Jagex shud make more of"..

And if they do that (which they dont), everyone will die...

Game will be messed up.

See the point?

They stay for 5 minutes when you die\60 minutes when blessed. Period. Regardless of logging out. I've came back to a gravestone after nearly 40 minutes (which had over 10m, BTW), and although there was no grave all my items were on the ground. The timer should NOT suspend when you log out; you could log out when you die, hire a friend to go to the exact spot where the grave is, log in and have him bless it. Since any spot in runescape can be reached in under an hour if you can pause time, that means you will never ever lose your stuff. No thanks. :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That's different than lagging out - in that case your account is still logged in, just oblivious to everything.

Though during a whitescreen, you often do have to exit the game browser in some way, which would log you out eventually.

just unless someone else answered it, when you get the WSOD, by the time it dissapears you log out yes. but during the time you have the WSOD, your grave might have collapsed, thus your items are on the ground and not deleted with the grave.

on topic: i find it a bit silly the grave is only there during log in. no one else is going to swipe your stuff (well we cant anyway due to drop limit) so why delete the items with the grave? i'd say have the timer comnitue even when logged out that way you cant have a mate camp at your grave and its still there if you happen to lag. ::'

Popoto.~<3

They stay for 5 minutes when you die\60 minutes when blessed. Period. Regardless of logging out. I've came back to a gravestone after nearly 40 minutes (which had over 10m, BTW), and although there was no grave all my items were on the ground. The timer should NOT suspend when you log out; you could log out when you die, hire a friend to go to the exact spot where the grave is, log in and have him bless it. Since any spot in runescape can be reached in under an hour if you can pause time, that means you will never ever lose your stuff. No thanks. :wall:

What difference of hiring a friend to go bless your grave while you logged out, and having a friend before you do something dangerous?

They both do same thing, and i am 90% sure that everyone who's first time at a dangerous situations asks for a friend to be around, so he or she can bless his grave if death occours.

So i don't think it will matter much...

+ Time is money/lvls: have you ever though of that? Players who ask others to bless their graves while they are logged out isen't exactly that easy to get.

Players: rather wanna do their stuff, sure they can help a friend. But i doubt people will keep doing this all the time...

Also Lagg occouring: is not something we players can do about...

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but you don't always get a grave..

For some reason, i don't get a grave sometimes. I even tested it out like 10 times at castle wars, 2 of those times i didn't get a grave for some random reason. I had over 3 items and i wasn't using protect item. I hope they fix this dumb bug. Maybe this is what happened to you?

P.S. i have the 5 minute grave, and i even asked the people around if they saw my grave. So there was no chance it was there. I suicided on ogres if you guys want to test it out yourself. Then used the Castle Wars ring.

What difference of hiring a friend to go bless your grave while you logged out, and having a friend before you do something dangerous?

They both do same thing, and i am 90% sure that everyone who's first time at a dangerous situations asks for a friend to be around, so he or she can bless his grave if death occours.

So i don't think it will matter much...

+ Time is money/lvls: have you ever though of that? Players who ask others to bless their graves while they are logged out isen't exactly that easy to get.

Players: rather wanna do their stuff, sure they can help a friend. But i doubt people will keep doing this all the time...

Also Lagg occouring: is not something we players can do about...

Getting a friend to come, say, in the next 10 hours (viable if your stuff is valuble and you wern't planning to be on anyway is MUCH more important, and in the case of popular places like Bandos, offering a reward could easily result in a new buisness of sorts. Even logging off after dying and logging in for 30 seconds every, say, half hour would likely result in a team that happened to take over the world blessing it. Having gravestones timers suspend when you log out is a very bad idea. You could just as easily get on another account, run to where your grave is, double log, bless it etc... Far to much potential for abuse.

As for lag, that's more of a widespread issue then one having to do with gravestones... Of course you may die if you lag at the wrong time, but logging in doesn't take that long and will rarely affect the issue of getting your grave back. Certainly better then always being able to recover your items easily. You could turn this into a general rant about lag, but I don't see how its the gravestones fault.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

its true, if you log your grave goes away, but the grave effect stays. AKA your items still stay there for 5 mins even though the grave is gone.

Correct. You can even hop worlds, and your grave will still stay. So that invalidates the majority of the posts on the rant :|

DeviledEgg24.png

I don't get it.

I lagged, died, logged fast in within 30 sec. had around 4.30 min on me, went there fast...

Grave/items werent there.

So what do you say about that? :wall:

Glitch? Went too fast? Died somewhere without gravestones? Accidentally hopped worlds?

DeviledEgg24.png