Flag Burning.

DaN

Flag burning is not pointless, I never said that.

Again just because you disagree with some thing, that doesn't automatically make it pointless.

And you asked me "Why bother posting?" It's freedom of speech. I'm exercising that freedom.

Third double standard so far, right?

How is it a double standard, I asked you a question?

I would agree with you, if I had attempted to censor you.

Didn't you question me earlier about why I burnt the flag? (Double standard?)

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you burn a flag? Back in the day it might have been revolutionary, maybe. But today it just seems so unnecessary, and not really relevant.

There doesn't need to be a reason to do anything, so long as you don't harm another person in the process.

What's this here DaN? Looks to me like you're saying you did so for no reason, unless you're just stating something for the hell of having a reply... which would make it irrelevant. :shame:

Why would you burn a flag? Back in the day it might have been revolutionary, maybe. But today it just seems so unnecessary, and not really relevant.

There doesn't need to be a reason to do anything, so long as you don't harm another person in the process.

What's this here DaN? Looks to me like you're saying you did so for no reason, unless you're just stating something for the hell of having a reply... which would make it irrelevant. :shame:

I'm not saying that at all. re read the sentence.

Sorry try again.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Sorry, I didn't know "pointless" and "for no reason" meant different things DaN. :lol:

The only excuse you can have now is that English isn't your first language.

Also, you said I don't need a reason to do anything as long as it doesn't harm anyone. You asked my "Why bother posting?" ("What is your reason for posting?") Didn't you just say there doesn't need to be a reason...? Your posts are oh so contradictory that it's quite amusing.

Sorry, I didn't know "pointless" and "for no reason" meant different things DaN. :lol:

The only excuse you can have now is that English isn't your first language.

Your not going to get the reaction your looking for.

Secondly,

Looks to me like you're saying you did so for no reason,

Show me where I said that?

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Lol, that's weird

Well I wouldn't find offensive if someone burned down the flag of countries I don't like/neutral/no opinion. If someone burned down my flag (Canada), I wouldn't really care.

But I'd get a little upset if someone burned down the flag of a country I like, especially if it makes no sense. For instance, I can understand why people would want to burn the american flag, because the USA is not innocent. The USA is not "bad", but it definitively has some blood on its hands: Iraq/Afquan wars, and economic vampirism of other countries comes to mind. But if for instance someone burned down the flag of an innocent country that did nothing wrong, I just wouldn't get it, hating for no reason is just ... pointless.

So you want me to repeat my previous post over and over again until you finally get it?

I don't know what your trying to get out of this. I just asked you to show me the sentence, or do I have to go into why the sentence you chose was incorrect.

Lol, that's weird

Well I wouldn't find offensive if someone burned down the flag of countries I don't like/neutral/no opinion. If someone burned down my flag (Canada), I wouldn't really care.

But I'd get a little upset if someone burned down the flag of a country I like, especially if it makes no sense. For instance, I can understand why people would want to burn the american flag, because the USA is not innocent. The USA is not "bad", but it definitively has some blood on its hands: Iraq/Afquan wars, and economic vampirism of other countries comes to mind. But if for instance someone burned down the flag of an innocent country that did nothing wrong, I just wouldn't get it, hating for no reason is just ... pointless.

You could also burn a flag to celebrate, or to oppose the values of the current government you don't have to hate the whole country and its people in order to burn a flag.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

You could also burn a flag to celebrate

Celebrate what? The overthrow of a corrupt government? Victory over the country in war? Sorry bub, those things haven't happened in the whole history of America, and it seems that America is the biggest target for flag burning and the predominant one in this thread.

A drunken what-the-hell-lol-it's-fun moment? That would fall under the heading of "pointless."

p2gq.jpg

You could also burn a flag to celebrate

Celebrate what?

Freedoms, Values, or is that not what the flag stands for?

The value that this thread once had has long since passed and won't come again if it continues on like this. I think everyone should just pack it in.

Why, people are still discussing related issues. I agree some of the value is gone, but its not dead.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I don't know what your trying to get out of this. I just asked you to show me the sentence, or do I have to go into why the sentence you chose was incorrect.

Obviously. I give you too much credit - I thought you could figure things like that out. If I'm saying that my previous post holds the answer, doesn't commonsense tell you to tell me why my previous post is "incorrect"?

The value that this thread once had has long since passed and won't come again if it continues on like this. I think everyone should just pack it in.

Why, people are still discussing related issues. I agree some of the value is gone, but its not dead.

It's just moving in circles at this point, and not even eloquent ones.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Obviously. I give you too much credit - I thought you could figure things like that out. If I'm saying that my previous post holds the answer, doesn't commonsense tell you to tell me why my previous post is "incorrect"?

I know your trying to get some kind of reaction here, but you will be unsuccessful.

Sorry, perhaps you will win with someone else.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Nice, you just completely proved the point Lateralus made.

Well, it is going in circles, at least it has started to from the last page.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002