What to Buy?

slaytanicc

Okay so start of September im getting mems for the first time... I have made about 145mil in F2P over the last 7months(got 3 hween mask in d party once) and i was wondering on what to spend it. Im not looking for THE BEST armour around, but anything better than rune... i dont want to spend all off my money just on armour(want to get 90 prayer). So this is what ive been thinking:

Melee i was gonna get: D Chain, D Legs, D Full Helm, Dfs, D boots, D Gloves, D scimi, Whip, Sara Sword, Fury Ammy...(after ive done all the quests needed)

For Ranged i was thinking: Full black D hide, Robin Hood, Ranger Boots, Ranger Ring, Fury ammy, Rune Def/ Rune Xbow, Dark Bow, D boots, Accumulator....

I will spend about 5mil on B2P tabs, and about another 5mil on pots... I am not going to be fighting Big Bosses yet, at first im just gonna start out with easier monsters, and do quests to get toi know the place... Will these be a good basic setups for getting around?

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Don't need accumulator in melee. And I wouldn't spend 5mill on pots and b2p tabs. First time in members, I'd spend it on skills.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Don't need accumulator in melee. And I wouldn't spend 5mill on pots and b2p tabs. First time in members, I'd spend it on skills.

I dont find skills usefull... as you can see from my siggy... the only skill i enjoy is RC and that would not cost alot, and i will make all of the money back.... the only reason i said 5mil on b2p tabs and another 5mil on pots was because then i would not have to go to GE to buy it every week... 5mil worth will last a loooong time

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Don't buy 5m in b2p tabs. You don't need that many, just buy about 100. Should last you a long time. 5m in b2p tabs is about 2000 hours of aviansies.

Don't buy 5m in pots. That's over 1k super sets, over 700 hours of combat. Just buy 100/200 super sets, should last you a long while.

Don't buy dragon. Barrows has better defence and is cheaper.

Spend some money on construction. Having a nice house with teleports, and altar and an armour stand is very helpful.

90 prayer does not help you much. It gets you about 5 ppoints/dose more, 29 versus 24 with 70 prayer. If you want to get it, do it, but it won't really help you much.

D full helm is a complete waste of cash. Get a black mask for slayer and a verac's helm for monster hunting and other combat.

2dvjurb.png

With 80m i'd buy...

Melee

Bandos chestplate

Bandos tassets

Dragon boots

Black mask and Neitiznot helm

Fury

Berserker ring

Dragon shield

Dragon boots

Whip

I'd also get barrows gloves soon as possible

Range

Ranger set

black dragonhide/blessed d'hide

fury

Dragonfire

rune crossbow

Bolts

barrows gloves

archer ring

accumulator

those are pretty much the best bonuses out there and leave you with enough for 90 prayer and for enough supplies to godwars

Also bandos > dragon armour

wee_man317.png

i hope you know i hate you :wall: and no not because i know you, because i dont. just the fact that you made 50m in a matter of 5min from someone elses work. while i have yet to make 20m my whole time...(look at the skilling stat differences)

Great_one330.png

other then that. why not go full out. you have 145m to spend here is what i would do.

-whip -1.5m

-ss 9m

-bandos pl8 body -around 20m i think

-bandos tassets -15m

-dfs -20m

dragon boots -.3m

-zerker helm

-5k monks -2m

-1k super sets -4m

-10k addy bolts -2m

that leaves you with around 70m left.

get 70prayer if you dont have it yet realy no need for 90 prayer just yet untill your trying to max out.

then invest ~50m into summoning

thats what i would do if i were you

-oh and you could look into arma for range

Y_Z.png

believe me that i cried off joy for a moment.. i was a lvl 40 back then... i was SOOOOOO happy... anyway...

i would rather use broad bolts... cost less and hit more or less the same, but as for the rest, i think im gonna go with what great_one said.. sounds like a good idea. and i might just get arma for ranged aswell... ive got the cash, why not show it...

as for 90 prayer, im doing it purely for the combat lvl...

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

I really, really advise you do what Great One said about the summoning and prayer. Summoning gets you combat levels too and the bunyip is gonna be really helpful in slayer.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

It was just a point and was for summon... To be cost effective I'd just buy an arma helm and black or blessed d'hide. Get an obsidian shield or dragon shield for ranged tanking.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

It was just a point and was for summon... To be cost effective I'd just buy an arma helm and black or blessed d'hide. Get an obsidian shield or dragon shield for ranged tanking.

I suppose ive got to get my mage lvl up some time... i might just try doing it... or mage some stuff that drop alot of charms...

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

I didn't take the time to read every post but I will give you my opinion on the matter.

Firstly, for someone who does NOT want to spend all their money you are going a rather expensive route. D Full Helm, D legs and D chain?? Out classed by any barrows set in stats and use. Melee armors that is come on folks. (I have not compared the stats but I am pretty sure they are)

Secondly, for ranging its pretty much my opinion (maybe it is maybe it isn't) but the added range bonus of a Ranger set (boots and robin) does not justify the cost, meaning they are not worth the money. Snakeskin + and archer helm or God Coif would suffice just fine. Ranger ring.. I haven't really found a use for it as of yet. Maybe because I just prefer a wealth or I just wear dueling rings everywhere to make banking easier.

Thirdly, do you really need a D scimmy AND a Sara sword?? I bought a Sara sword and haven't found a situation in which I needed a shield when Str training. Now you may say well what if I want to melee iron dragons, well if that be the case you should be using a whip anyway as to gain maximum efficiency as they are not a good training NPC anyways.

----

In short, if this is your first and practically ONLY time (I know you didn't say that but you never know) I say you enjoy it and buy certain items as they may be needed. Enjoy getting 50+ in all the member skills. Enjoy the vast new areas of the map that you can now explore. Do the useful quests that help you get from place to place and open up members in its entirety.

Just my 2 cents.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Well i might not go the expencive route just yet... i first need to do some quests, get to know the area a bit before walking into some lvl 200 creature with full arma and no food... As for the ranged boots and robin hood, they look so much cooler, and why not spend a bit more money on them then? As for the rune scimi and SS, i might buy both at first, and then see witch one i prefer...As for D full helm, i know its a waste of cash(even fulll dragon) but it looks kinda cool, and the bonuses are good enough for the kind of things i will be fighting at first...

I do not care about spending 100mil in the first week of being member because i know that once i start ranging aviansies, or once i start doing GWD all the money i have spent will come back to me...

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

With all that money he could buy mage levels and then burst rock lobsters...

OMG mage?? yukkk... hehehe i HATE HATE HATE mage.. dumbest skil ever iff you ask me...

well that dumb skill helps bring back gp into the rs system from the high alchs

with out it we have to depend on monster drop as gp and selling stuff back to shops for it

so it isn't really that useless

big_mac911.png

big_mac911.png

Rather than wasting all your money in the first week of membership you could go the slightly cheaper route on things. Don't buy random crap that you will never use, because 100m+ is easy to spend.

And if you do plan on training range, why not use chinchompas? You won't need arma if you plan on using less pray pots.

Stellactic.gif

Rather than wasting all your money in the first week of membership you could go the slightly cheaper route on things. Don't buy random crap that you will never use, because 100m+ is easy to spend.

And if you do plan on training range, why not use chinchompas? You won't need arma if you plan on using less pray pots.

I might have alot of money, but i still have my boundries. Sure im not going to buy full arma the day i bocome a member, i might just go with what i said in the thread i postes... i might just buy 6/7mil worth for now. I was just looking at later possibalities. and id rather use rune xbow and broad bolts at first. the way i heard it, ill still be getting really good exp when i range at aviansies

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

I might have alot of money, but i still have my boundries. Sure im not going to buy full arma the day i bocome a member, i might just go with what i said in the thread i postes... i might just buy 6/7mil worth for now. I was just looking at later possibalities. and id rather use rune xbow and broad bolts at first. the way i heard it, ill still be getting really good exp when i range at aviansies

'Really good xp' at aviansies is about 35-40k xp/hour. Chinchompas are over 200k xp/hour.

Why not spend money on chinchompas to get 99 range, then go gwd and make the money back double?

2dvjurb.png

'Really good xp' at aviansies is about 35-40k xp/hour. Chinchompas are over 200k xp/hour.

Why not spend money on chinchompas to get 99 range, then go gwd and make the money back double?

Ill do Aviansies till 90... The amout of time i spend playing it should only take me a month to get to 90 ranged, then ill use chins to get to 99.

This thread is not just open to armour buying... Any advise on what other good items/skills to spend money on is apreciated....

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png