Playing RS using the one modem

Hasib

Hello there

My brother and I were planning on playing Runescape at the same time with the same modem, One computer connected via ethernet and the other connected via USB. Is there any possibility that this may be mistaken as Multiple Logging- in? I know the Knowledge Base states two people playing from the same house is not against the rules but can us using the same modem (and therefore same IP address) cause problems?

Thanks for your help!

addymthiefcape,j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

Are you both able to logg onto the same world at the same time? if you cant, then yes, it will be classified as multi logging.

If you don't know then don't post.

You won't be mistaken for multi logging, because Jagex detects it differently. When you log in, if you don't already the server will put a uid file on your computer. When you log in, it will be with that uid until you delete it and it gives you a new one. You can find the file at C:\WINDOWS\.jagex_cache_32\ it used to be called uid.dat, now it's random.dat.

Since you and your brother will log in with different uids, you won't get done for multi logging.

Every computer on a network gets its own ip

ergo you can't bee seen as mutliple logging

I mean in our house the router's ip ends .1

my bros pc is .2

my mums is .3

mine is .4

the laptop is .5

the xbox gets .6

and the wii gets .7

It subtle difference but it shows your not the same pc or w/e

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^ Lol, somebodies cut. Hardly a nerd, and you wouldn't find that sort of thing in a pc mag. I go out 5+ days a week and don't use the computer much, so quit your 12 year old 'nerd' rubbish.

my bros pc is .2

my mums is .3

mine is .4

the laptop is .5

the xbox gets .6

and the wii gets .7

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure because of the way the router works anything it connects to will see the router's ip and not the pc/xbox etc.

^ Lol, somebodies cut. Hardly a nerd, and you wouldn't find that sort of thing in a pc mag. I go out 5+ days a week and don't use the computer much, so quit your 12 year old 'nerd' rubbish.

I would hardly call AA meeting "going out"...

Neither would I, what's your point?

If anybody is doing childish flaming it's you:

Oh look... we have a clever one... im sure you just made mommy proud with that one...tonight she will tuck you in extra special and sing you to sleep like she did when you were 10...

Anyway I'm out, I don't have time to argue with a moron. Maybe I'll see you someday when you're bagging my groceries at woolies telling yourself how well off you are for not being a nerd.

Have a good day.

If anybody is doing childish flaming it's you:

Oh look... we have a clever one... im sure you just made mommy proud with that one...tonight she will tuck you in extra special and sing you to sleep like she did when you were 10...

Anyway I'm out, I don't have time to argue with a moron. Maybe I'll see you someday when you're bagging my groceries at woolies telling yourself how well off you are for not being a nerd.

Have a good day.

Thats so cute you aussie scum...off to go shagg the sheep?

Stop this, for the god's sake...

my bros pc is .2

my mums is .3

mine is .4

the laptop is .5

the xbox gets .6

and the wii gets .7

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure because of the way the router works anything it connects to will see the router's ip and not the pc/xbox etc.

I'm 80% sure things see the external ip

On clan forums where i have mod powers and therefore see ip (to report for ip bans) mine shows the .4 and when my brother (hu lives away from home) connects to our pcs from his house to control them to fix problems he needs to correct ending to get to the one her wants.

Eqaully when rs always you display "last connected from thing" (does it still have tht i dunno i nvr pay attention) it always showed my .4 ip

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

my bros pc is .2

my mums is .3

mine is .4

the laptop is .5

the xbox gets .6

and the wii gets .7

I'm 80% sure things see the external ip

On clan forums where i have mod powers and therefore see ip (to report for ip bans) mine shows the .4 and when my brother (hu lives away from home) connects to our pcs from his house to control them to fix problems he needs to correct ending to get to the one her wants.

Eqaully when rs always you display "last connected from thing" (does it still have tht i dunno i nvr pay attention) it always showed my .4 ip

If it all goes through 1 router connected to 1 ISP, you all have the same IP addres. The traffic is distributed with network address translation, which also works as a 'firewall' of sorts. There are some rare exceptions - try going to whatismyip.com. However, you will more then likely end up on the same IP. Virtually everyone who plays at the same house uses the same IP - not many homes have multiple broadband connections. They can't ban you for that, considering how many other people are 'multi logging'. As has been mentioned earlier, they hav eother ways of tracking this ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Should this post not be at the technical forum?

Yes, yes it should.

On Topic: Every computer in your house has a slightly different IP address to one another. Go and have a look yourself.

And I don't think this is against the rules. My sister and I (when she played) would both play at the same time frequently. Nothing ever happened to us.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You should be fine, three people in my household play runescape and when my boyfriend is over that makes four. Not one of the accounts have been done for multi-logging. I would suggest getting a router though not only for added protection but it'll allow you all to be on the internet even when the 'main' system isn't on.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Well, it really depends on the modem you have. For example, my modem only allows one type of connection (USB or Ethernet) at a time. You should check your modem's hardware manual, or even just give us the brand and model name of it, so that we can look over it.

j0xPu5R.png

Well, it really depends on the modem you have. For example, my modem only allows one type of connection (USB or Ethernet) at a time. You should check your modem's hardware manual, or even just give us the brand and model name of it, so that we can look over it.

well we are already using it to access the net with no problems... I was just worried about if using the same modem would cause any problems on RS... and my modem is a Thomson Speedtouch 536

addymthiefcape,j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

Every computer has 2 Ip adresses: 1 for internet and 1 for LAN. All computers connecting to internet through the same router will have exactly the same external IP, but the lan ip's are different. It's impossible for two computers on same network to have same lan ip's (although you'd find thousands of same lan ip's in the whole internet).

2qcigdz.png

Jagex only gets you for multi logging in if you've got one comp running two RS windows. It won't let you log in to both windows, only one, and it makes you shut the other one. My brother and i log in on two different comps all the time and we've never been reported as multi-logged-in by Jagex. btw, I'm connected to a router and both the comps have the same IP address, they really do. We have wi-fi internet access, the router attaches both comps to the wi-fi so we have the same IP on both. it depends on what sort of internet connection you have.

Hasib, I've played RuneScape with other people, and in the same kinds of configurations you're worried over. Do not worry, for as long as you don't log on 2 of your own accounts to the same world at one time, you will be totally safe. You and your friends/siblings being all on RS from the same household WILL NOT be considered multi-logging, in any way/shape/form... :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

D_V_Devnull is correct it is not considered multi logging but it will show the same IP address. You could jsut try? and if it doesn't work that answers your question and if it works then your good. I doubt you could really screw much up doing this.