Skill capes being F2P. Give it a read =D

Rarex

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be fair, although the 99 cape stats are really good and if they became f2p then it would be really overpowering the f2p cape-system, i mean, the team capes have what.. 1 defence.. for it to be like.. 11 defence.. you'd almost HAVE to have a 99 cape to withstand other people in f2p fights.

Maybe have f2p 99 capes but they have 4-ish defence bonus and cost 33k (1 third of 99 =D) just throwing some ideas out there.. \'

2vuhgcn.png

I think it would be fair to implent them for F2P aswell, but I think they are too strong, maybe give them +1 prayer and +5 defence or something? as they would overpower everything in F2P.

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Anyone who has played a F2P and P2P character knows that it is much harder to level with a F2P character. Training grounds are more crowded, and there are less of them. The P2P area is about 4 times bigger than the F2P area and contains the most useful places for training. That means it is harder to level in F2P, and thus, in my opinion, more of an achievement because it takes more work and more time.

Also, being 100% F2P is an achievement. It takes much more work. Doing something the hard way, rather than paying and doing it the easy way, is an achievement to most people. An analogy can be drawn with skilling. If you want 99 fletching and so you go an cut 80,000 yews, make 80,000 bowstrings and then string them all, that is more of an accomplishment than buying all the raw materials and then making them. I would argue that the amount of time and effort put into a task, despite how you limit yourself, determines the magnitude of the achievement. Therefore being 100% F2P and having 99s is more of an achievement than doing so on P2P.

However, I do think that skill capes should remain members only. They're an incentive to pay and Jagex is a business. Besides, anyone with a 99 in F2P is probably never going to become a member anyways, so there is no reason to give it to them in Jagex's eyes.

No, being 100% f2p is not an achievement. It may make your accomplishments look more difficult, but it's still the same thing as someone else doing it. Your use of fletching as an example is not a good one, because time=money. Why would someone who can make more than 100k/hr go cut yews, spin flax, and then fletch. It just makes more sense for them to buy the yews, buy the bowstrings, and just make back their losses with their moneymaker. That doesn't mean it's less of an achievement, it just means they used the most efficient way.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

I'd say making a two-story house out of sticks and mud is quite an achievement.

I would say that person is an idiot for using a horrible method of making a house. Why put so much more stress on yourself? I'd praise someone who can make the most efficient house in the best time. In this case, that would be P2P.

Not every person cares about the most efficient means of completing a game (or house) :wall:

Some people like to build their houses with their bare hands simply for the challenge of it, which, while being very inefficient, can be very satisfying.

Other people prefer to have their houses buil-.... nevermind... I'm not continuing this [cabbage] conversation between houses and runescape.

Yea, except those people who build their houses by hand, doing it for the challenge of it, don't usually expect someone to hand them a reward for it at the end, their equivalent of a skillcape.So that analogy is still wrong.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Rarex, just about every topic you make is about how you want F2P to get more, or at least hope it gets more. While I honestly don't mind F2P getting updates, I have to say..

If you love updates so much, perhaps Members is for you.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Oh yeah 100% p2p here! Never played f2p :D

I get things done so quickly, my overall level is in the 1700s, I can make 10m+ a day.

Too bad I can't make the game less interesting by going f2p :cry: . After all I'd rather have a tougher time.

Btw why is this thread still up? It's a suggestion that's been stated too many times :roll:

1288581197250-1.jpg

Wow, TIF has become a hostile place for f2p these days. There used to be a time when we coexisted peacefully. Now that is gone. I think this thread will just get flamed over and over again. Just let it die. There are other forums where we can voice our opinions.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

100% F2p isn't an achievment.

Depends on how you look at it. It can be see as nerdy: you have spent so many hours sitting on a chair clicking and typing. People like you back their reasoning on this thinking, so you think "why should f2pers be rewarded for no-lifing?". Another way to look at it is "Wow, you have achieved all that and in F2P alone!? amazing dedication there, you totally deserve a skill cape". Since F2P is lot harder than P2P in every aspect, achieving a 99 is more rewarding in some ways. Most people who get 99 in F2P don't no-life it, really. Its the p2Pers - they are in such a hurry to get a 99 that they no-life it.

I agree. Even though nonmembers technically put in more effort, it doesn't make a difference in the end. That's like saying someone who burns willows to 99 is better than someone who burns yews to 99.

How is that so, buddy?

Yew Logs can be burnt in F2P. So go find another example.

Not everyone with a 99 no lifes, some, scratch that most have been playing for several years and got it over time without even thinking about training it to 99.