Welfare DKers

Skully

Ok this is getting bigger and bigger and to be quite honest with you, i'm sick of it.

All I say on these forums are idiots posting 1 drop trips and saying "OMFG@@!@!@!@11!@@!@" for every single Dragon Axe they get and people are giving them 10/10 just to be nice. Seriously, it's not hard, nobody actually cares. A dragon axe is 1.7m? That is not a significantly large value and wouldnt immensely impact your bank value. If your going to DK, at least do it properly? I see idiots wearing an array of Rune, Rockshell, Dhide, Torag, etc. These guys are giving DKers a bad name.

Duo maging does not make you cool.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're flaming the people on this forum, not an aspect of Runescape itself...

What do you expect people to do? Stop wearing armours they feel suitable because you think you're their 'superior', an actual 'Dagganoth King'?...

No... Really, really... No.

What do you expect people to do? Stop wearing armours they feel suitable because you think you're their 'superior', an actual 'Dagganoth King'?...

Im not flaming im ranting, thats what this forum is for.

No I didn't say that, i'm just saying it's pretty pathetic.

They can post if they like I guess, it isn't at all interesting to see a 600k split of a dragon axe though. People don't post every single Barrows item so I agree people shouldn't post what they think are "amazing trips". The Monster Drop Rally sticky is there for a reason, and people should make blogs if they want to post every single drop.

On the matter of the actual welfare dkers themselves, well I'm in two minds. Firstly, why bother going at that level anyway? It must be frustrating taking twenty minutes to get down there to kill ten rexes in your rune armour and then teleport out. I won't dictate what people should or shouldn't do, but that seems a bit stupid. However these people are taking up worlds for those who actually dk for a living, it is unfair on a higher level to be crashed by a trio of inexperienced people, especially when it happens on a non-ls world.

They can post if they like I guess, it isn't at all interesting to see a 600k split of a dragon axe though. People don't post every single Barrows item so I agree people shouldn't post what they think are "amazing trips". The Monster Drop Rally sticky is there for a reason, and people should make blogs if they want to post every single drop.

On the matter of the actual welfare dkers themselves, well I'm in two minds. Firstly, why bother going at that level anyway? It must be frustrating taking twenty minutes to get down there to kill ten rexes in your rune armour and then teleport out. I won't dictate what people should or shouldn't do, but that seems a bit stupid. However these people are taking up worlds for those who actually dk for a living, it is unfair on a higher level to be crashed by a trio of inexperienced people, especially when it happens on a non-ls world.

So, add more worlds? They can do what they like, anyway. If they lose efficiency and drop rates, that's their loss.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

So, add more worlds? They can do what they like, anyway. If they lose efficiency and drop rates, that's their loss.

Jagex has to pay for servers you know, so it isn't as easy as that to solve the problem. If they added too many worlds, the prices would plummet as well (I think).

Jagex has to pay for servers you know, so it isn't as easy as that to solve the problem. If they added too many worlds, the prices would plummet as well (I think).

Yes, but I wasn't thinking of that many worlds. There's no other sensible way to solve it. Jagex can't just stop people using a poor technique.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yes, but I wasn't thinking of that many worlds. There's no other sensible way to solve it. Jagex can't just stop people using a poor technique.

I agree, I actually didn't have a problem with the "welfare" dkers until they start ruining it for other people. If three mages crash my world, I wouldn't be able to stay because of the fact Rex has such low Magic defence that even three level 70 magers can beat one level 90+. It isn't a problem neccessarily exclusive to DKs, it is the same principle as crashing at GWD or being discourteous at a crowded monster spot. :)

I agree, I actually didn't have a problem with the "welfare" dkers until they start ruining it for other people. If three mages crash my world, I wouldn't be able to stay because of the fact Rex has such low Magic defence that even three level 70 magers can beat one level 90+. It isn't a problem neccessarily exclusive to DKs, it is the same principle as crashing at GWD or being discourteous at a crowded monster spot. :)

Before anyone says "this is just a crashers rant then"

No, its not. It would be the same principle of someone getting two shards and say bandos boots. With a 5 way split.

Its not impressive, and its been stated before, we dont need constant topics of tiny tiny drops.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Meh, I can see how this is annoying; 300 threads saying, "OMGG!!!!! I gotz tr33 d ax35!!!" is annoying. But, I remember my first ever barrows run. I got a dharok plate when it was still 2 mill. I was proud of it and wore it everywhere.

Summary of four sentences: People should feel good in their accomplishments, but they should also keep a balance of what is "awesome" or "legendary" drop trips.

note: Balance, which is normally looked down upon by most players (Mostly by lower levels. Just look at Guthix armor prices!), plays a big role in this annoying habit. \'

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Never knew there was a right way to dk #-o :roll:

Going with bronze sure isn' t right ;)

Anyway, let them be. Just gives you more of a feeling when you bank your loot.

Hopefully bigger.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

You're flaming players of the game. Not any aspect of this game or anything game related. You are upset that people get lucky drops on their first kill, which is not any fun but it's how the drop system works. Don't flame players if you aren't going to bother even putting in a rant that has something to do with the game. And who cares if people say 10/10 for a D wc axe. It's not "easy" to get and I'm sure you have to go a few runs to get it. Please stop trying to act like you are a veteran at this and acting superior to players.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

You're flaming players of the game. Not any aspect of this game or anything game related. You are upset that people get lucky drops on their first kill, which is not any fun but it's how the drop system works. Don't flame players if you aren't going to bother even putting in a rant that has something to do with the game. And who cares if people say 10/10 for a D wc axe. It's not "easy" to get and I'm sure you have to go a few runs to get it. Please stop trying to act like you are a veteran at this and acting superior to players.

Holy smokes... Literally took the words right out of my mouth.

Skully, i also see you posting poor ratings on all the Dk threads in Rate This... Dont get bitter because lower level players are deciding to try and attempt to Dk.

And thats not a flame?

Seriously kid, i'm ranting. I dont care if people get lucky drops on their first kill, i've had plenty. It just annoys me that i see it being spammed up everywhere when its easy as hell. Btw, im not tring to act like a veteran either, i have been dking for a while. I am one.

You do realize that everyone can't afford the best gear for dking.. And don't look at the pics if your tired of them..dang. Some people also just do it for fun and probably don't want to wear the best gear.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

You must not understand. You care very much, otherwise you wouldn't be fired up when someone get's good ratings on a good first drop, and get a 10/10. No matter how easy it is, it's an accomplishment that can only be executed when you kill the Dagganoth Kings. All of the drops are considered easy to you, because they all have the same requirements: Kill the Dagganoth Kings. You can get any drops from them, rare or non-rare and you have to kill the DK's. It's no different if you got a good drop or not, you have to kill the same DK's.

And that's pretty low giving first timers a low rating on something they worked hard on. It's polite to do, whether it's hard or not.

lolbx7.png

I agree with the posting rate this for single dk drops sentiment, but I disagree with the whole "welfare" aspect of the rant, gear has no reflection on the drops, in fact using welfare gear it's harder to get drops with bad gear. While it's annoying for the rate this forum to have threads with single drops there's not much you do about it, except for reporting it or telling the poster to maybe put the drops in the "Monster Drops Rally" thread.

You must not understand. You care very much, otherwise you wouldn't be fired up when someone get's good ratings on a good first drop, and get a 10/10. No matter how easy it is, it's an accomplishment that can only be executed when you kill the Dagganoth Kings. All of the drops are considered easy to you, because they all have the same requirements: Kill the Dagganoth Kings. You can get any drops from them, rare or non-rare and you have to kill the DK's. It's no different if you got a good drop or not, you have to kill the same DK's.

And that's pretty low giving first timers a low rating on something they worked hard on. It's polite to do, whether it's hard or not.

Why should I be obliged to give someone a good rate? The whole point of the Rate this forum is to get opinions from other players, if you're not supposed to rate what you believe the poster should get, then what is the point of the rate this board?

You do realize that everyone can't afford the best gear for dking.. And don't look at the pics if your tired of them..dang. Some people also just do it for fun and probably don't want to wear the best gear.

You do realise I dont care?

Uh, I'm just trying to show you the light in all of this. Apparently you like to hide your feelings and try to act hard. You are the one crying over high ratings for people who worked very hard to earn their things, so apparently you do care if you are making this rant. Please think before you post again and maybe I don't have to make you look like a fool.

lolbx7.png

Ok this is getting bigger and bigger and to be quite honest with you, i'm sick of it.

All I say on these forums are idiots posting 1 drop trips and saying "OMFG@@!@!@!@11!@@!@" for every single Dragon Axe they get and people are giving them 10/10 just to be nice. Seriously, it's not hard, nobody actually cares. A dragon axe is 1.7m? That is not a significantly large value and wouldnt immensely impact your bank value. If your going to DK, at least do it properly? I see idiots wearing an array of Rune, Rockshell, Dhide, Torag, etc. These guys are giving DKers a bad name.

I can tell you in my 5 years of playing, at 107 combat, I have never gotten a drop better than a Dragon Dagger (p) (When they were around 65k). Even at my level, were I to receive anything worth over 1m as a drop, I would probably flip [cabbage] and post it on the ratings forum as well.

If you don't want to look at them, the answer is simple: Don't look at them. Last time I checked, this is the Tip.It forum, not the Skully_Sc.IT forums. You don't have an admin priviledge, and you're not Andrew Gower, so it's not up to you to decide what is or isn't a 10/10 achievement. If players decide to rate it 10 to be nice to the kid, so be it, and last time I checked there wasn't an asterisk on the membership benefits saying *Note: Your ability to enjoy certain members benefits may change based on how other player's perceive you as 'wasting their time'" Of course, if you can point that out to me, it'd be grand.

It's elitists like you that take your own accomplishments and set it as a universal standard for others to follow. It is elitists like you who have contributed to this game's player base being seen as nothing but arrogant children.

And to SirHartlar, once again, If it took them two hours to kill one single Rex, they would still have just as much of a right to be there as you had. They pay their 5-7 dollars a month, and I doubt they paid to deal with other player's problems. And to be honest, if someone fought for 20 minutes straight and got an expensive item out of it, I'd like to think they were working very hard at their goal. If anything, they deserve it more than someone who can just rush in and say "Hey, DK? Bam, dead. Number 2? Bam, dead. Number 3? Bam, dead" and so on and so forth.

Like I already said, even at 107 combat and 71 slayer, a dragon dagger (p) is still a great trip. A 600k piece? A godsend. 1.7m piece of armor? Don't bother putting it in my account, i'm already dead from shock.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I can tell you in my 5 years of playing, at 107 combat, I have never gotten a drop better than a Dragon Dagger (p) (When they were around 65k). Even at my level, were I to receive anything worth over 1m as a drop, I would probably flip [cabbage] and post it on the ratings forum as well.

If you don't want to look at them, the answer is simple: Don't look at them. Last time I checked, this is the Tip.It forum, not the Skully_Sc.IT forums. You don't have an admin priviledge, and you're not Andrew Gower, so it's not up to you to decide what is or isn't a 10/10 achievement. If players decide to rate it 10 to be nice to the kid, so be it, and last time I checked there wasn't an asterisk on the membership benefits saying *Note: Your ability to enjoy certain members benefits may change based on how other player's perceive you as 'wasting their time'" Of course, if you can point that out to me, it'd be grand.

It's elitists like you that take your own accomplishments and set it as a universal standard for others to follow. It is elitists like you who have contributed to this game's player base being seen as nothing but arrogant children.

And to SirHartlar, once again, If it took them two hours to kill one single Rex, they would still have just as much of a right to be there as you had. They pay their 5-7 dollars a month, and I doubt they paid to deal with other player's problems. And to be honest, if someone fought for 20 minutes straight and got an expensive item out of it, I'd like to think they were working very hard at their goal. If anything, they deserve it more than someone who can just rush in and say "Hey, DK? Bam, dead. Number 2? Bam, dead. Number 3? Bam, dead" and so on and so forth.

Like I already said, even at 107 combat and 71 slayer, a dragon dagger (p) is still a great trip. A 600k piece? A godsend. 1.7m piece of armor? Don't bother putting it in my account, i'm already dead from shock.

Nicely said. And he's going to try to act smooth and respond with a "I don't care noob". Soo..

Seriously though, don't make a rant if you seriously don't care. People killed the same level as you, with whatever technique they chose to do, and it's no easier to them as it is to you.

lolbx7.png