SGS or AGS?

Skully

SGS for almost everything. For generic monster hunting, the extra prayer (use it for piety if you aren't praying) and hp are worth more than maybe 15 extra damage every 2 and a half minutes. For GWD or DKs, use it on the minis for free hp and prayer. AGS specs almost always miss GWD bosses anyway. I spent a 60 kill trip at Sara with a guy with an AGS (I had SGS), saw him hit one 75 on the boss. That was cool, but I was using half as much super restore and Sara brew as him. Besides that 75, his AGS didn't do anything very spectacular at all. For soloing bosses, BGS is better than SGS or AGS, but if you have to choose one it's kind of a toss-up. Neither has many benefits in a short trip like that, but the extra bit of hp and prayer from an SGS is nice.

The only time I would EVER say AGS is the best Godsword is competing for drops. The SGS doesn't help do more damage than other people, and the BGS would just help everyone. Any other time, the AGS is outclassed by other Godswords.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

SGS for almost everything. For generic monster hunting, the extra prayer (use it for piety if you aren't praying) and hp are worth more than maybe 15 extra damage every 2 and a half minutes. For GWD or DKs, use it on the minis for free hp and prayer. AGS specs almost always miss GWD bosses anyway. I spent a 60 kill trip at Sara with a guy with an AGS (I had SGS), saw him hit one 75 on the boss. That was cool, but I was using half as much super restore and Sara brew as him. Besides that 75, his AGS didn't do anything very spectacular at all. For soloing bosses, BGS is better than SGS or AGS, but if you have to choose one it's kind of a toss-up. Neither has many benefits in a short trip like that, but the extra bit of hp and prayer from an SGS is nice.

The only time I would EVER say AGS is the best Godsword is competing for drops. The SGS doesn't help do more damage than other people, and the BGS would just help everyone. Any other time, the AGS is outclassed by other Godswords.

Thanks for taking the time on that post, but what kind of hits would I be hitting with my SGS? I'm only 85 str atm btw, as im aiming for 99 attack.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Thanks for taking the time on that post, but what kind of hits would I be hitting with my SGS? I'm only 85 str atm btw, as im aiming for 99 attack.

You'd be hitting enough. It wouldn't be like the 60s I sometimes get, but then again you're not doing any 75s with an AGS either. I never used an SGS before 99 attack and strength, so I honestly can't tell you what to expect.

If you value attack over strength, you definitely wouldn't like the AGS- the SGS spec is more accurate in my experience, while the AGS spec is stronger.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

You'd be hitting enough. It wouldn't be like the 60s I sometimes get, but then again you're not doing any 75s with an AGS either. I never used an SGS before 99 attack and strength, so I honestly can't tell you what to expect.

If you value attack over strength, you definitely wouldn't like the AGS- the SGS spec is more accurate in my experience, while the AGS spec is stronger.

Thanks, atm my mind is pretty set with SGS, you have an AGS? If you do i'd pay you to borrow it for a short while to test it?

If you are aming for 99 attack gs is not good to train with....anyway you should buy a AGS, cause probably will up when new pk release...

I'm mainly a monsterhunter, although i do slay too.

Well it looks like you've already decided, but just in case you haven't...get a SGS.

You said that you train slayer and kill bosses primarily, and in either case a SGS is superior to an AGS with the exception of world 6 Bandos. Especially when it allows you to use piety(well longer than usually) on tasks, and hitting 2 or 3 42s and such with a whip in quick succesion always makes me feel nice :thumbsup: Also, you might want to consider using veracs top/bottom over whatever armour you've been using for the prayer bonus, and you really won't need much more help with your HP, but then again I'm not sure how much a bandos top/bottom helps, and I suppose that they do give 1 prayer boost each...maybe I'll try those when I play again...

Well I'm getting off topic...Buy a SGS, all the cool kids are doing it.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Well it looks like you've already decided, but just in case you haven't...get a SGS.

You said that you train slayer and kill bosses primarily, and in either case a SGS is superior to an AGS with the exception of world 6 Bandos. Especially when it allows you to use piety(well longer than usually) on tasks, and hitting 2 or 3 42s and such with a whip in quick succesion always makes me feel nice :thumbsup: Also, you might want to consider using veracs top/bottom over whatever armour you've been using for the prayer bonus, and you really won't need much more help with your HP, but then again I'm not sure how much a bandos top/bottom helps, and I suppose that they do give 1 prayer boost each...maybe I'll try those when I play again...

Have done. :thumbup:

when i saw the name of this topic i knew you were gonna say that.

and on topic. the sgs is way better than the ags.

Why does he keep saying it?

It just makes him sound like an idiot, lol. Am i missing something?

i dont know why hes saying it. but i saw someone else say it somewhere too.

[hide=][/hide]

[hide=][/hide]

Ouchers, to make this not spam, always use piety when you spec, and if you have a full bar and full HP but even just missing a little bit of prayer, use 1 spec to top it off so that you're not *wasting* special points that could be being accumulated if the bar wasn't full...not really important at all, but things like that just always irritated me...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

definately SGS.....

I had both....

AGS will only do high hits once in 30 specials....If you are doing GWD AGS is the worst gs out there. If you want to show off then AGS is good. Besides that I found AGS very inaccurate. Two days ago one of my team mates at sara had an AGS and all his specials where 0 (he was 99 strength) so he came to my conclusion as well.

SGS is an all rounder. I really love this godsword taking into consideration that you are gaining something (HP & Prayer) with the special.

BGS is good as well and can be very much good doing bosses in GWD

ZGS is only good for sara.

If you have money get the SGS if you want to save some money and buy a GS then go for a BGS.

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

Sara : 6 saradomin swords in 3 trips with team

Bandos : Hilt, Tassets, Chest and Boots (with team) 2 Shard 3 from minions

Armadyl : nothing yet

Zamorak : 1 steam staff (with team)

Spiritual Mages : over 40 dragon boots

How do you know that? You can't wield it.

Skully, I'd go for AGS, when it drops further. The SGS spec can be made up for with a bunyip and/or guthans (this is dropping too), and the prayer restore really isn't that astounding. I use to get like 8 points max for a spec. The special is just like AGS special: it doesn't hit VERY high often. And the stats of the swords shows us that they are equal accurate, so there's no "AGS is just soooooo inaccurate".

Currently I've got AGS which is much more enjoyable, plus it's looking better and doesn't bug with firecape :thumbsup: .

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

ags spec is really useless when training which he says he will be doing a lot as well as when training slayer...people have been able to use sgs and bunyip together at iron drags and use almost no prayer potions at all (use sgs on the black demons not on the iron drag of course #-o )

sgs is definitely the idea GS when training slayer no doubt about that although many ppl prefer using whip and dfs/defender then switching to SGS for spec if they need to heal...

personally i feel that both these 2 GSes are over-rated simply because they are the best items in the game...the price difference between the best shield (dfs) and the next best alternative (d sq) is like 20+M...i wouldn't get one unless i really had spare cash...conclusion: get a bgs unless you are really rich...i'll use the cash saved to skill instead <3:

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Hey skully by answering this i guess it proves Im a tifer :roll:

You'd be hitting around 40 that is if you piety flash on the specs (which you should) my best spec with sgs has been 44-43 at 87 str

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Skully, I'd go for AGS, when it drops further. The SGS spec can be made up for with a bunyip and/or guthans (this is dropping too), and the prayer restore really isn't that astounding. I use to get like 8 points max for a spec. The special is just like AGS special: it doesn't hit VERY high often. And the stats of the swords shows us that they are equal accurate, so there's no "AGS is just soooooo inaccurate".

Currently I've got AGS which is much more enjoyable, plus it's looking better and doesn't bug with firecape :thumbsup: .

The special cannot be made up for with bunyip/guthans, it can be supplemented by them. There are several places where you are not going to live without additional healing to the bunyip, and Guthans is a huge four inventory space waste of time and effort compared to a single special attack. I may be spoiled, but I can hardly even imagine trying to do a dark beast task without my SGS and unicorn at this point, and GWD would be way less fun.

The prayer restore IS astounding if you're not an idiot who wastes it. Use it for piety and guess what? You just dealt out more extra damage per spec than you would have with an AGS! You will almost always get 5 prayer per spec (the minimum if you miss), and I often get more like 10-12 with 99 strength.

The special is not like an AGS special- it DOES hit more accurately than a normal hit, and it also has a tiny hidden strength bonus (hit 62 with it on a slayer task, shouldn't be able to hit that high normally). As far as I can tell, the AGS lacks this accuracy boost, but all the other Godswords seem to have it. I hit over 55 way too often with SGS specs for it to be a coincidence- I just usually don't hit that high that often.

Again, the AGS is only more enjoyable if you're not using the prayer points you get effectively. Or maybe you just like seeing bigger numbers regardless of what you sacrifice for them?

Who the hell cares about a small graphical glitch?

I personally think AGS is a better choice, but thats mainly because I do not do much monster slaying. I usually just play bounty hunter or some other PvP option. SGS is overall better if your not a PvP person, it helps alot more overall on pretty much everything, training, GWD boss fights, or any other bosses for that matter. So my reccomendation is for you to buy a SGS and use that unless you plan on joining the Runescape PvP players, then in that case, i reccomend the infamous AGS.

Dragoscale03.png