A Pures Guide to Melee Training and Making Money

toast647

For the past month I've very slowly been going back here for some defence exp (94/99) I sure hope this isn't going to make it crowded :P (High defence + bunyip = no prayer/food neccessary ;) )

It's a very well written guide though. 9.9/10

(9.9 because salve (e) >>>> fury)

redbullsigortiz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why do you have Salve Ammy (e) at the same place as fury?

Salve Ammy (e) > Salve Ammy > Fury > Glory, tbh. I remember training there for a bit as a pure just to max hit a little and to watch my friend dharok a little. Was hilarious when I kept outhitting him XD

Also, initiate plate and legs are the same prayer bonus as monk robes.

It's a great spot, and i did this a little bit a long time ago when I was pure. Though, 95% of 97-99 strength was from slayer cause I was 10 def :P

I definitely recommend getting a salve ammy (e) for this. It's really worth it. The only other spots that are as fast as this and yield profit really are Ghostly Warriors and Aberrant Spectres. And getting Ghostly Warriors would get a LOT of pures unwanted prayer levels so yeah.

Great guide though :P

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Salve Ammy (e) > Salve Ammy > Fury > Glory, tbh.

I get almost the same experience/h with fury and salve (e)

When I actually feel like training again I'll go test it.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Salve Ammy (e) > Salve Ammy > Fury > Glory, tbh.

I get almost the same experience/h with fury and salve (e)

When I actually feel like training again I'll go test it.

I would have my friend try it out but hes an addict to slayer so idk if he will. (And an addict to pray flashing, too >.>)

Could just depend on your stats and all. My friend whos 95 99 25 would probably do better than someone whos 70 85 1 or whatever defence you want. And he probably doesn't have Salve Ammy quest done on his pure, but I know he would be able to do it because he's done it on his first pure before he got hacked for defence :\. And he has slayer helm so he's probably like "theres no point in me getting a salve ammy >.>"

But salve ammy shouldn't have any less of an effect for pures than it does for mains. When I was a pure, I know it definitely sped up my training when I used it. I did slayer, of course, but slayer helms for aberrant spectres didn't exist back then. Either way, for any undead assignment, I used salve ammy (e) over the black mask, and it was definitely faster than when I trained with any other method.

If you're doing calculations, make sure you get the time difference right, cause salve ammy (e) has like 2 less prayer bonus than a fury. But yeah, definitely retest it... it doesn't seem right for a fury to be the same exp per hour as salve ammy (e) there.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

Great guide, just one thing. Holy Wrench? Increases the amount of prayer points you get per sip of prayer potion.

If a pure has it then yes, use it. Most pures probably haven't done the quest and won't because it will give them prayer levels/exp.

• 3 weeks later...
Great guide, just one thing. Holy Wrench? Increases the amount of prayer points you get per sip of prayer potion.

If you look on the first page, a guy figured out that if your prayer is less than 44, a wrench is good; if it's higher than 44 then an extra prayer pot will last longer than the wrench will.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

At 43 Prayer, you get 17 Points per dose of prayer potion

At 44 Prayer, you get 18 Points per dose of prayer potion

At 52 Prayer, you get 20 Points per dose of prayer potion

You have +26 to your prayer.. so your going to be draining 1 point of prayer every 5.6 Seconds

You have 19 Ppots..

At 43 Prayer, your going to last 121.3 Minutes with prayer on constantly

At 44 Prayer, your going to last 128.4 Minutes with prayer on constantly

At 52 Prayer, your going to last 142.7 Minutes with prayer on constantly

Therefore.. i'd reccomend that anyone thinking about doing this who is 43 Prayer.. get at least 44 or 52.. Going from 43 to 44 gives you an extra 7 minutes of prayer, and going from 43 to 52 gives an extra 21 minutes of prayer.

:o Very nice I tried it on my main worked very good :D !!! Going to do it on my pure soon -.- ! I sugest that you put in to get a holy rench or w/e the thing is but it adds another +2 pray pots when you re-pot, I understand that is pretty annoying to get as for there are many requirements for it, but I think it would help if you took the time to get it.

It gives 1 point extra to your prayer points.

At 43 Prayer, you get 18 Points per dose of prayer potion

At 44 Prayer, you get 19 Points per dose of prayer potion

At 52 Prayer, you get 21 Points per dose of prayer potion

You have +26 to your prayer.. so your going to be draining 1 point of prayer every 5.6 Seconds

You have 18 Ppots.. Because of one less inventory place for wrench

At 43 Prayer, your going to last 121.7 Minutes with prayer on constantly (.4minutes more than with no wrench)

At 44 Prayer, your going to last 128.4 Minutes with prayer on constantly (Roughly the same as using no wrench)

At 52 Prayer, your going to last 142 Minutes with prayer on constantly (Slightly less than when using no wrench)

Remeber though.. if using the wrench you have 18 ppots rather than 19, but you are getting roughtly the same time.

Therefore.. i'd reccomend that you take the wrench, as you get roughly the same amount of prayer restored, but you use one less prayer potion.

The math would be MUTCH more complicated, and the answer would be opinion-based as you need to find how much you value Combat xp.

This is because Prayer potions cost money. Inventory spaces is not the only factor here. If it costs money, it's money vs length of trips, which means more xp. It would be a very long equation...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

What I find interesting is the fact you get more exp with Fury. Maybe you got unluky or something, but the 20% increase in Accuracy and Strength is byfar more then fury.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Far worse drops for f2p.

Not sure, but can pures get salve ammy and salve ammy e? If so that would give a huge [bleep]e in the xp.

• 2 weeks later...