The implicit and unexpected value of an update

nickeley102

OR: Im sorry Jagex, you were right and i was wrong

I always knew there was a better way to organise the bank system, and i frowned upon jagex for not implementing it all those years i played before the bank update. Now the bank update is here and i really dont use it to its full potential my bank is a mess because I can never be bothered changing tabs when banking.

The same goes for the run button option, i always though changing the screen to change from walking was unneccesary, now its here and i still change screen to run. another example is summoning when i heard summoning was going to be released i thought i was going to be walking around with a familiar all the time, carrying my things and helping me during all activities, but that doesnt happen, i rarely use familiars except when monster hunting.

the point is this, i couldnt wait for these updates and (occasionally) blamed jagex for there slow integration into the game, now they are here and they work well and i realise i was wrong, they didnt make the game that much better.

On the other hand i didnt anticipate the grand exchange, and that did make the game much better for me.

Are there any updates that you couldnt wait for, but now you dont use them that much?

or that changed the game in a big way, but you didnt appreciate when they were released?

NICKELEY102.png

If I were to compile a list of all the uber-hyped updates that Jagex managed to ruin (Construction anyone?) we'd be here all day today and a bit of tomorrow.

Then again, I've learned that one has to make the best of things. Some updates (like the tabbed banking update) are a Godsend, and it was fun for me to spend 15 minutes rearranging my entire bank into tabs. And of course we have certain updates that were nothing like we expected them to be (I can remember looking forward to Bounty Hunter when it was mentioned in the BTS, then it wasn't mentioned that it was replacing the old Wilderness), but whether we like it or not there isn't really anything we can do about them.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I do see where you're coming from. However, most JaGeX updates over over-hyped. We should expect that things arn't all they are made out to be. I'm quite happy with the updates, and use them as much as I need to, that's all they are there for. ::'

If I were to compile a list of all the uber-hyped updates that Jagex managed to ruin (Construction anyone?) we'd be here all day today and a bit of tomorrow.

Then again, I've learned that one has to make the best of things. Some updates (like the tabbed banking update) are a Godsend, and it was fun for me to spend 15 minutes rearranging my entire bank into tabs. And of course we have certain updates that were nothing like we expected them to be (I can remember looking forward to Bounty Hunter when it was mentioned in the BTS, then it wasn't mentioned that it was replacing the old Wilderness), but whether we like it or not there isn't really anything we can do about them.

i was mentioning how jagex did really well with the updates, they were as good as i could imagine. it was my imagination (of how much the update would affect my gameplay) which over hyped the update.

jagex did fine, i assumed that the new bank would make the game 10-20% easier because the bank confusion would dissappear. it didnt dissappear and even if it had it wouldnt have made the game easier.

i hope that clears up some confusion, sorry for the quantification, it was a joke

NICKELEY102.png

i thought construcion was great <.<

i wasnt dissapointed in hd but it sorta has felt normal now :)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Summoning a disappointment? I heard it was coming out, said meh, decided not to train it. Then it was released, and wow...

I'd say that since Batch 2, at least 3/4ths of my RS time has been with a summon out. If you exclude standing in t he GE, virtually everything I do is aided by a summon.

I've never found updates to be wanting, though, except for a few of those low level quests

My favorite update of all time was the removal of the wildy and dualing.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

<3:<3:

My favorite update of all time was when you got slapped in the face by every member of every clan that ever exsisted

Since when is copying the first 6 words and adding an insult smart?Get shot.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

lol "get shot" nice one im hurt :cry: the removal of the wild was bigger to some of us than others alright I have been playing sience the begining of runescape and that was a big change for me

How does that make any sense? If you didn't like pking, it shouldn't have effected you anyways. Are you really just trying to spite everyone here? I never pk'ed, and I didn't enjoy pking at all, but that didn't make the removal of the wildy MY favourite update ever. -.-

Blakdragon39.png

lol "get shot" nice one im hurt :cry: the removal of the wild was bigger to some of us than other alright I have been playing sience the begining of runescape and that was a big change for me

If you've been playing since the beginning of Runescape, you really should be able to spell better than that.

How does that make any sense? If you didn't like pking, it shouldn't have effected you anyways. Are you really just trying to spite everyone here? I never pk'ed, and I didn't enjoy pking at all, but that didn't make the removal of the wildy MY favourite update ever. -.-

It was my favorite update. It sent a lot of the idiotic, immature,grammatically incorrect pures out of this game.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If you've been playing since the beginning of Runescape, you really should be able to spell better than that.

Ouch that hurt someone stop the e-bully you should not judge someone by their ability to spell

:shame: Oh and a little for your information pures were not the only group to use the wilderness. Being a skiller and saying the removal the the wilderness is a good thing is sorta like being a person who is pro-life that is not pregnent and saying a person should not get an abortion when it does not affect them at all when having a baby could ruin that other person's life

Ouch that hurt.Someone stop the e-bully. You should not judge someone by their ability to spell.

:shame:

I fixed your grammar for you. <3: And it's perfectly fine to judge someone by their spelling. It shows a lot about the person. You see, either you're an immature pre-pubescent kid or a lazy idiot who chooses to spell that way.

And fine, I'll stop. :-# <3:

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I haven't hyped myself up for very much, mainly just summoning and the new release of the pvp worlds. Summoning hasn't let me down, so I don't expect pvp worlds either, once they're released then tweaked, like summoning was. The only update that really annoyed me along the lines of changing the interface was when run got moved to the tool tab from the emote one, took me like 10 mins to find out how to run. :wall:The logout one was a bit of a change, but nothing too bad, it makes sense not to have an entire tab in your inventory devoted to logging out

Edit:

I fixed your grammar for you. And it's perfectly fine to judge someone by their spelling. It shows a lot about the person. You see, either you're an immature pre-pubescent kid or a lazy idiot who chooses to spell that way.

Or English isn't their first language. It might not be the case for him, but you should keep that in mind before making those accusations

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Ouch that hurt someone stop the e-bully you should not judge someone by their ability to spell

:shame: Oh and a little for your information pures were not the only group to use the wilderness. Being a skiller and saying the removal the the wilderness is a good thing is sorta like being a person who is pro-life that is not pregnent and saying a person should not get an abortion when it does not affect them at all when having a baby could ruin that other person's life

Don't have sex before marrige then, damnit. You think just because someone made a mistake then murder is justified? Get bent.

Oh yes, you are an idiot for comparing abortion to RS. you should seriously unaddict yourself from this game.

Also, playing for nearly 8 years? How is that possible? Your grammar is comparable to that of a 10 year old. Seriously, grow up. they made those updates to save your little game.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Some people really are stubborn -.- don't ya love grammar nazi's also you fail to see rape as a factor abortion arguements can go in circles forever :thumbsup:

I give up. There is no way I can read that. It's just impossible. Now, if you'd like, we can continue our argument through pms and not here.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I find it funny you liked that update when in your signature your quoting someone (Im guessing your friend) who is part of the clan world. How do i know this? I interviewed him when he was joining the clan he is in. He's even one of my friends. =D>

So basically just p*ss on your friends and think for yourself?

Or looking at the economy after the update the price of potions, runes and armour dropped - which made skilling alot less worthwhile.

Admittedly they had to combat RWT... But you gave the wrong reasons for liking the updates.

Oh and btw, pures are still around in BH. Majority of low crater and the highest ranked mid crater are pures. E_D_G_V_1_L -- Actually recently got 70 def, but was "owning" it up as a pure.

OT: I think that with behind the scenes we get an insight into the updates which could cause too much hype. But we also get to see whats happening, which makes alot of people feel involved. So if you estimate an update too highly - it's only your fault it doesn't live up to your own expectation.

I find it funny you liked that update when in your signature your quoting someone (Im guessing your friend) who is part of the clan world. How do i know this? I interviewed him when he was joining the clan he is in. He's even one of my friends. =D>

So basically just p*ss on your friends and think for yourself?

Theo's part of a monster hunting clan. Not pking. There's really no correlation.

Nevertheless, Theo and most of my friends know that I enjoyed the December ten updates.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Theo's part of a monster hunting clan. Not pking. There's really no correlation.

He's in ZP and TSA.

And i'm pretty sure (As ex staff in TSA) that we've done pking. #-o

This is going way off topic. It was supposed to be about how peopole want updates and don't use them. Frankly the updates changed the game forever, but once they went into effect they were OK.

I don't use summon but really wanted it. Hopefully once I get some levels i will.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I agree but I think that's just how everything in life works. Yesterday I was really hungry for chicken nuggets - I was excited when I found out we were having them for dinner. Then when I ate them, they weren't as great as I expected. Our imaginations tend to do that to us.

I agree but I think that's just how everything in life works. Yesterday I was really hungry for chicken nuggets - I was excited when I found out we were having them for dinner. Then when I ate them, they weren't as great as I expected. Our imaginations tend to do that to us.

so true! but some things suprise me when i wasnt expecting they would, i.e. lasagne/GE

NICKELEY102.png

Sincerely did you guys see that you slipped in flame war totally out of topic? I will leave to forum guys to drop warnings, but i really wish to mention that as Grammar is important thing, still there is a lot of people who you will encounter on internet, that live in other countries and English is not first but second or third language for them. There can be people who don't write or speak very well but can have valid ideas and contributions to discussions and with flaming them over language mistakes is in end a big lose, helping them by pointing on its mistakes is a lot longer way and maybe even unsuccessful but even if you help them recognize and correct one error it can be one small step on long way ;)

Silverion.png

You know this guy was once a top smith in all Runescape :P