Avianise stratagies

Dreadroot

First of all, making more money per trip does not necessarily mean that you are making more money. The important part is how much money you are making per hour.

Regardless, you shouldn't use Prayer when fighting aviansies one-on-one unless your defence is very low, and seeing as you're level 112 I doubt that. A better option would be using Bones to Peaches.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Ya basically at your level you are apble to use bones to beaches. Just buy a bunch of tabs, and colect the bones that they drop and when you have as many as you can cary convert them into peaches. You want to get as high a range defence as posible, while still having a decent range attack bonus. You can stay until your tabs run out or your barrows armor degrades (if your using barrows armor).

You really can get thousands of kills per trip with this strategy.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

You want to get as high a range defence as posible, while still having a decent range attack bonus.

No. The OP has 84 defence, so he would be better off trying to have range attack and range defence about the same. Using ranged gear and a shield would achieve this balance.

Besides, if you have high enough defence to wear Barrows then you shouldn't be using it at aviansies.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Besides, if you have high enough defence to wear Barrows then you shouldn't be using it at aviansies.

Lol wut? Have you ever seen anyone with 70 defense try to tank aviansies? It's not pretty.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

My strategy (posted in the other thread) gets around 240 kills and 550k profit per hour at 93 range. I can stay for around 20 hours without BTP, roughly 4,000,000 hours with it, earning around 2,200,000,000,000 gp per trip. Let's see those 100s beat that. 2.2 trillion GP should be a hard one to beat. :twss:

Oh, and at 64k XP\hour you'll end up with 256,000,000,000. 256 billion XP should get you ranked.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I can make around 430k profit per hour and 42k range xp using prayer method (range prayer). That's killing ~175 avainse per hour.

If your making less than 350k profit per hour and 30k range xp then you are doing something drastically wrong.

At your range level, you should be making a LOT more then that, at least 600k profit\65k XP per hour. Your using +10% range and rune knives, right?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I can make around 430k profit per hour and 42k range xp using prayer method (range prayer). That's killing ~175 avainse per hour.

If your making less than 350k profit per hour and 30k range xp then you are doing something drastically wrong.

At your range level, you should be making a LOT more then that, at least 600k profit\65k XP per hour. Your using +10% range and rune knives, right?

Broad bolts, no boosting prayers. Can you show proof of 600k profit per hour? Last time i checked rune knives were expensive, 430 each i believe.

This would eat into over 200k of your revenue per hour. I don't see how rune knives can give 800k revenue per hour whilst broad bolts give 500k revenue / hour.

Please don't post again if you have no proof.

Broad bolts, no boosting prayers. Can you show proof of 600k profit per hour? Last time i checked rune knives were expensive, 430 each i believe.

This would eat into over 200k of your revenue per hour. I don't see how rune knives can give 800k revenue per hour whilst broad bolts give 500k revenue / hour.

Please don't post again if you have no proof.

When I did timed trials of rune knives, down to the second, I averaged 238 kills per hour. Considering that the coin drops cover the 1.4 knife loss per avansie plus the prayer potions, the profit from addy bars is the sole money earner. And don't forget to figure in that your getting over 60k XP\hour, much better then broad bolts. I went there with broad bolts, and recorded each hit, attacking only the 68 and 71 in turn. My results: 23% 0s, average hit of 13.1. Not all that impressive, I'm not sure why they're considered so great.

DeviledEgg24.png

all you can kill is 90 avanisies with a whole load of ppots?

i got around 500 with ok equipment (prayer method)

get better gear and use b2p

OK, ill be more specific, i guess i should have explained. I brought 3 p pots at 3 doeses each and my equipment was:

verac helm

dhrok legs

black d hide bod

barrow gloves

zammy book

sara cape

armadyl ammy

rune c bow with mithril bolts at 75 range

Ya basically at your level you are apble to use bones to beaches. Just buy a bunch of tabs, and colect the bones that they drop and when you have as many as you can cary convert them into peaches. You want to get as high a range defence as posible, while still having a decent range attack bonus. You can stay until your tabs run out or your barrows armor degrades (if your using barrows armor).

You really can get thousands of kills per trip with this strategy.

this method seemed the best reccomended to me. Only thing is that i never unlocked bones to peaches, or are you able to use in tab form?

OK, ill be more specific, i guess i should have explained. I brought 3 p pots at 3 doeses each and my equipment was:

verac helm

dhrok legs

black d hide bod

barrow gloves

zammy book

sara cape

armadyl ammy

Why did you bring tanking gear when you're using pray?

There are a lot of guides on aviansies, those will explain what you should wear.

2dvjurb.png

Use Monk robe(sara) top a (zammy) mitre and a finished/unfinished book (for prayer) and amulet of aramadal.

monk robes do NOT count as sara equipement... :shame: :wall:

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

Lol wut? Have you ever seen anyone with 70 defense try to tank aviansies? It's not pretty.

i did it...

worked for me =/

i did got 84 ranged tho

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

Use Monk robe(sara) top a (zammy) mitre and a finished/unfinished book (for prayer) and amulet of aramadal.

monk robes do NOT count as sara equipement... :shame: :wall:

yeah they do silly.

they changed that a while back.

I guess I'll never convince anyone that there's a way beyond the accepted 'tanking' method. :boohoo:

DeviledEgg24.png

verac helm

dhrok legs

black d hide bod

barrow gloves

zammy book

sara cape

armadyl ammy

Why did you bring tanking gear when you're using pray?

There are a lot of guides on aviansies, those will explain what you should wear.

Those 3 prayer pots are to hold him over on the 10% Range Prayer..

~Zackdt

zackdt.png

I guess I'll never convince anyone that there's a way beyond the accepted 'tanking' method. :boohoo:

does prayer flashing work good?

No. Rune knives hit FAR too fast, and it slows you down significantly. Considering how fast you kill them, you have to be efficient about picking up drops and attacking the next one.

DeviledEgg24.png

My friend started killing aviansies when he had 73 defence. His setup had only about 160 ranged defence, but he managed to kill them effectively.

Frankly, if you're able to kill 15+ aviansies (enough to fill your inventory up with bones) per B2P cast, then your range defence is good enough. Considering how cheap B2P is, conserving it doesn't really matter. I mean, it would be smart to use a setup that could last you longer than 15 kills per B2P, but a lot of players are trying to squeeze out scores of kills per cast when that's really unnecessary.