Post your Crater Locations

Toad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we can conclude that all places with a mining icon are possible locations for meteors

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

What I have found so far;

The star vanishes after 2 hrs 30 mts. I have seen one behind Varrock East bank, one near mining spot near Piscatoris Fishing Colony, and mining spot north of ruins of Uzis.

There's another landing spot at Kandarin near mines to south of Ardougne.

The discover 'bonus' is 4950 mining xp.

If the Star has not yet been discovered the observatory chart gives the landing time and 'not yet discovered'.

Wearing a glory improves the chances of gems, I got about 15 gems with glory as against about 1 or 2 without glory.

From the one near Uziz i got about 35 k xp, as hardly anyone was there, :-)

Also the reward for 200 star dust was 50k coins, 20 noted gold ores, 152 Cosmics and 52 Astrals. As my friend also got the same amount of stuff, it appears that the reward may be same for all. Can someone please confirm.

Obviously its south of the east bank because of people mining essence.

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

What I have found so far;

The star vanishes after 2 hrs 30 mts. I have seen one behind Varrock East bank, one near mining spot near Piscatoris Fishing Colony, and mining spot north of ruins of Uzis.

There's another landing spot at Kandarin near mines to south of Ardougne.

The discover 'bonus' is 4950 mining xp.

If the Star has not yet been discovered the observatory chart gives the landing time and 'not yet discovered'.

Wearing a glory improves the chances of gems, I got about 15 gems with glory as against about 1 or 2 without glory.

From the one near Uziz i got about 35 k xp, as hardly anyone was there, :-)

Also the reward for 200 star dust was 50k coins, 20 noted gold ores, 152 Cosmics and 52 Astrals. As my friend also got the same amount of stuff, it appears that the reward may be same for all. Can someone please confirm.

Yup, I can confirm the rewards are the same except I got 50k + 2, but its pretty similar.

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

A few locations I've found..

Desert : Granite Mines

080902234632so2.png

Wilderness : Rune Rocks

080903150122ov4.png

And a few I know of but don't have the pics for..and I didn't see them listed

~Crandor/Karamja : Northern gold mine in Brimhaven, northeast of Mossy Island

~Wilderness : Near the Zamorak Mage that tellies you into the Abyss

I went to one at the rimmington mine. I didn't get any pics, but there was a bunch of tifers there so it'll prolly show up here eventually :D

What you mean, the one on the 3rd at around noon GMT that some noob called chady197 posted on the unofficial clan chat ;)

Well guess what?! I was the one that saw the whole thing and i got one better than a screenshot hehe I got

and you can actually see the animation of the star hitting the ground!

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I apologize if it's already known info...

The XP bonus from being the first to find a crashed star is 75xp times your mining level.

Also, the XP you get from mining the crashed star is higher the higher the Level star it is. From a level 5 I was getting like 48 or 49 xp each star bit I got, then as it got down to a level 1 star I was getting 14 xp each.

I don't know the xp bonuses for each level star, but that would interesting info to gather.

End__User.png

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I apologize if it's already known info...

The XP bonus from being the first to find a crashed star is 75xp times your mining level.

Also, the XP you get from mining the crashed star is higher the higher the Level star it is. From a level 5 I was getting like 48 or 49 xp each star bit I got, then as it got down to a level 1 star I was getting 14 xp each.

I don't know the xp bonuses for each level star, but that would interesting info to gather.

thats some good info, maybe one lucky day i will get to find a star first.

K so one thing I've noticed (and i'm sure you all have too) - is that they are landing in uniform spots and not random locations. So anyway here are some of the exact locations of where they land for the desert! So when searching check these locations and if there's any that i missed let me know! and me or the host of this topic could edit it in!

So yeah here's the desert - it seems to have the most spots on this thread recorded.

[hide="Karandian Desert]Desert.jpg[/hide]

By the way there's a star landing in the desert landing in world 99 in exactly 25 minutes so we should use this picture and find it together! Add me!

thats some good info, maybe one lucky day i will get to find a star first.

I'll join Ya :thumbsup:

Chell_J.png

Here's two I participated in (I found the first one)

Varrock South-East Mine

[hide=]varrocksoutheastuh6.jpg[/hide]

Varrock East Bank (Behind it, near Rune Essense teleport)

[hide=]varrockeastbankbm9.jpg[/hide]

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

Aww Smavey im not in that pic :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12