Metallica - Death Magnetic leaked!

eyehawk78

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 'metalhead' collegue forced me to listen to this before the shop opened this morning. Some songs could be labeled as 'catchy', but in general I didn't think it was very good.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

My 'metalhead' collegue forced me to listen to this before the shop opened this morning. Some songs could be labeled as 'catchy', but in general I didn't think it was very good.

You try to be 45 and write this stuff after nearly breaking up.

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

The sound just doesn't appeal to me. It drives me crazy.

21o4pav.jpg

I've gotta agree with you, Daan. I think they took a wrong turn on the production. Nothing seems to sound quite right. I do quite enjoy The Day That Never Comes and the instrumental track, though.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

That still doesn't make this a good album.

What do you consider good? St. Anger? First of all, they went back to the standard tuning instead of Drop D they used for previous 3 albums. Secondly, they are using a lot more faster rhythms and riffs. They tried their best to go back to the idea of Master of Puppets and kudos to them for doing best they can.

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

What do you consider good? St. Anger? First of all, they went back to the standard tuning instead of Drop D they used for previous 3 albums. Secondly, they are using a lot more faster rhythms and riffs. They tried their best to go back to the idea of Master of Puppets and kudos to them for doing best they can.

I don't think the tuning should be used as an example of what makes a good album. St. Anger was in drop C and drop A# mostly (I *think*) and Load and ReLoad are mostly in Eb standard, with the exception of a few songs.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Quite worth it IMO.Three songs really standing out for now are Cyanide,Suicide & Redemption and My Apocalypse.Although I'm not done listening to it yet (random setting =D)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I don't know why everbody is praising Metallica for 'going back to their old sound'. To me that means that they are just too damn lazy to find something new that is good and that they want to play. They're just falling back on old succes, instead of trying something new. The urge to create is missing, they aren't developing themselves and therefore this is nothing else that cashing in. They should quit.

21o4pav.jpg

I don't know why everbody is praising Metallica for 'going back to their old sound'. To me that means that they are just too damn lazy to find something new that is good and that they want to play. They're just falling back on old succes, instead of trying something new. The urge to create is missing, they aren't developing themselves and therefore this is nothing else that cashing in. They should quit.

I have a problem when people say things like this...because usually there new sound sucks.Prime example is bon jovi doing country rock...wtf???it was horrible, i would rather have another metalica album that had there sound than metalica doing Jpop, just because there not doing anything differant :wall:

tifsdac6mc.gif

For the record,I'm not praising them for going back to their style (Hell,NightWish is still one of my favorites!) just for not making it as half-assed as before.Though you can tell certain parts of certain songs are still half-assed...

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

St. Anger is one of the worst things I've ever heard, right down there with Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight.

I don't care if they are using faster riffs or about their tuning if the song still doesn't sound good. This album simply can't hold my interest at all, and the vocals are just bad.

For the record,I'm not praising them for going back to their style (Hell,NightWish is still one of my favorites!) just for not making it as half-assed as before.Though you can tell certain parts of certain songs are still half-assed...

Praising a band for making an album that isn't 'half-assed' seems really weird. I guess love makes blind. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Praising a band for making an album that isn't 'half-assed' seems really weird. I guess love makes blind. :)

I mean,its gooder (better,but less good =D) than St. Anger because he's more "into" what he's singing.You don't expect an emo kid to sing Ska well,if you know what I mean...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I don't really know what you mean. But it doesn't really matter. You think it sounds good, that's all that important.

Normally I don't really post 'funny' pictures, but I thought this was pretty.

1220391802677.jpg

21o4pav.jpg

i love all the albums. its as simple as that. st anger is so underrated, and i think that death magnetic was really a mixture of styles between the st anger and master of puppets albums.

some songs also appeal to my mates who arent metalheads, like the unforgiven3 and the day that never comes, which is nice, cos i want metal to spread through the world.

I hateeeee Metallic rofl. But this band Apocalyptica (sp?) did One instrumentally, and it sounds awesooommmeee.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I hateeeee Metallic rofl. But this band Apocalyptica (sp?) did One instrumentally, and it sounds awesooommmeee.

3 :(

One of my favorite albums by Metallica now! ::' And yeah.... St. Anger is underrated. Try listening to it more than once. I listened to it once and I hated it. Then I decided to listen to it few more times and I just loved it. <3:

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid