~Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're ignoring Slayer experience, again. I'm not saying this spot is bad, because it's not. I'm not saying it is revolutionary.

If you finish a Dagannoth task in Lighthouse and get 15k slayer experience and then you go recover your summoning experience lost at waterfiends...your slayer experience *remains the same!*

You are only recovering the summoning experience. At the end of your collecting charms at waterfiends, your 30 minutes are up in which you could have not have bothered with the charms at waterfiends, would not be facing a nice chunk of loss and could have used money to help your slayering better and also your slayer xp from CT will be higher. I am not going by xp/hour, as you have mentioned, to recover you must go to waterfiends and get some charms otherwise Lighthouse dagannoths have no competition at all.

Again, your slayer xp will not change when you are recovering your charms.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Also: waterfiends require bunyip/or lots prayer potions for decent trip. So if your not 68 summon, waterfiends will cost alot.

Dustdevils+Dagannoths=Best way for cheap leveling to 68 summon.

You're ignoring Slayer experience, again. I'm not saying this spot is bad, because it's not. I'm not saying it is revolutionary.

If you finish a Dagannoth task in Lighthouse and get 15k slayer experience and then you go recover your summoning experience lost at waterfiends...your slayer experience *remains the same!*

You are only recovering the summoning experience. At the end of your collecting charms at waterfiends, your 30 minutes are up in which you could have not have bothered with the charms at waterfiends, would not be facing a nice chunk of loss and could have used money to help your slayering better and also your slayer xp from CT will be higher. I am not going by xp/hour, as you have mentioned, to recover you must go to waterfiends and get some charms otherwise Lighthouse dagannoths have no competition at all.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Also: waterfiends require bunyip/or lots prayer potions for decent trip. So if your not 68 summon, waterfiends will cost alot.

I broke even every time when I was killing waterfiends before 68 summon, but nice try! =D>

Lord, this is not a revolutionary way to kill dags, sorry, it's not. What you have found is a more profitable way of killing them, however, this provides slower slayer xp and slower range xp, as compared to the lighthouse.

~m4~

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

I broke even every time when I was killing waterfiends before 68 summon, but nice try! =D>

Lord, this is not a revolutionary way to kill dags, sorry, it's not. What you have found is a more profitable way of killing them, however, this provides slower slayer xp and slower range xp, as compared to the lighthouse.

~m4~

Aha yeah i forgot: the drops are great. But...i bet that the drops (Cash earning), affected your trip (How long you could stay).

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

~m4~

CT -

Money: 150k+ profit

Slayer Experience: More than Lighthouse per task

Summoning Experience: More than Lighthouse

Combat Experience (or Range): More than Lighthouse

Speed: 18 minutes slower.

Lighthouse -

Money: 170k loss

Slayer experience: More xp/hour rates, but if you seriously want to even be close to what you get at CT, you must recover some charms from waterfiends which makes the xp/hour even lower than that of CT.

Summoning Experience: Lower

Combat Experience: Halved ranged xp, no HP xp.

Speed: 15 minutes + another 10 minutes at waterfiends and the extra 5 go in gearing/banking and reaching the falls.

I leave the final verdict on you to see which is better.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

CT -

Lighthouse -

Slayer experience: More xp/hour rates, but if you seriously want to even be close to what you get at CT, you must recover some charms from waterfiends which makes the xp/hour even lower than that of CT.

Speed: 15 minutes + another 10 minutes at waterfiends and the extra 5 go in gearing/banking and reaching the falls.

What? I hope you messed up when you said CT gives more charms and Slayer xp. It is inferior to all except cost. You add 10 minutes to Lighthouse to regain charms...

Then you get the time/slay xp, and equal it out to the cost.

You should get ~400k/hour.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

CT -

Lighthouse -

What? I hope you messed up when you said CT gives more charms and Slayer xp. It is inferior to all except cost. You add 10 minutes to Lighthouse to regain charms...

Then you get the time/slay xp, and equal it out to the cost.

You should get ~400k/hour.

I'd like to see you do the full math, because I tried it 3 times and ended up above 2m every time :?

2dvjurb.png

Posted a while back. You started off with wrong numbers. YOu have to calculate all Crimson, Gold, Green, and Blue charms too.

I may be off on some points, but... here ya go.

No, but it's by far more efficient.

Is this a joke? As I said, the power factor of the cannon that is faster is compensated by far by the costs or even more. No HP experience and half ranging experience is another issue. I don't see how it is more efficient.

Slayer xp is much more important, as you'll max out before 99 Slayer.

Efficiency. This method is not better, only an alternative.

Method is much better. Proved using above facts and lots of help from SirHemen

Which I disputed.

It's not foolish? Thats around 600k gp/hour from your rates, and I can easily make 800k +/hour from GWD.

What you "can" or "could" is garbage in relation to GWD. You can go on 5 dropless trips and then get a 5m split on your 6th Bandos trip. Will that count as 5m/hour money made? Your basing your money making abilities on luck and while dagannoths do have that small element of luck along too, it is divided into a variety of drops to ensure profit rather than a few rare drops which people hardly get. [i have GWD'ed a lot, so I know what I'm talking]

Ok. However, cash/hour is the average. You can go GWD as much as you want, it doesn't really make you any more credible.

50 Gold charms extremely fast is much better than a slow 30 crimson charms.

Gold: 70 Average xp per pouch

Experience: 70 x 2x [seeing that you can get double the golds by the time you get the amount of crimsons from CT]

= 70 x 2 x 50

= 7000 Summoning experience

Crimson: 350 average per pouch

Experience: 350x

= 350 x 30

= 10500 Summoning experience.

:thumbdown:

Rest assured, your guide is immediately ticked as "obsolete" in my list. [Couldn't find a more polite word 8-) ]

You look like an idiot here, as you're falming my guide, yet your information is straight up wrong. Sure, it's 7000 xp to 10,500 xp, but you're forgetting you get charms (more than) 2 times faster, which makes it 14k sum xp to 10.5k xp. Secondly, those summoning rates are wrong, as I will explain below.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Lets summarize this.

Ct:

33 mins, 30 crimsons, 150k profit

Lighthouse:

15 mins, 50 golds = 10 crims, 170k loss.

To save 18 mins, you sacrifice 20 crimsons and 320k.

Waterfiends break even at ~100 crims/hour, so it takes 12 mins to get 20 crims.

You have 6 minutes left to make that 320k back.

So, if you make of 3.2m/hour, go lighthouse. We're not even factoring in xp, you get slightly more combat xp in the chaos tunnels because you don't get halved cannon xp there.

The Ct dagganoths don't seem so bad to me.

Hmm... this is the first valid point that I see from this forum. Hard math truely is the answer. However, about the comment about ranged xp, you get much more than enough combat xp, making it almost useful for a true Slayer. Ranged xp, on the other hand, sacrifises efficiency just to obtain Ranged xp.

However, the information you started with is wrong. (You're using Zarfot's numbers, as I can see.) The below will be based on a 171.

1) You don't get 50 charms. Zarfot says there is a 25% chance of a Gold charm, 7% for green, 4% for crimsons, and 2% for blue.

That's 3718 for gold, 2736 for crimsons, 2677 for blue, and 1843 for green. = 10974 xp per 171. (15 minute task, according to Zarfot.) So that's 51340 Summoning xp.

For your spot, that's 38 Crimsons, 14 Gold, 11 Green, 1 Blue for 171.

That's 15200 for crimsons, 1218 for gold, 1694, and 783 for blue. = 18895, which takes (100 xp per Dags, and 35k/hour.) So that is 350 kills per hour. That's 38673 Summoning xp per hour.

87 xp per gold, 400 for crimsons, 783 per blue, 154 per green.

Zarfot says you can get 900-730 kills/hour possible, so I'll take 800 for Lighthouse and 350 for CT.

51340 Summoning xp per hour and 80k Slayer xp, and 38673 Summoning xp per hour and 35k Slayer xp.

Remember, it takes around 3 p pots for Piety at Lighthouse (according to Zarfot), but it takes over 7-9 (going to count it as 7) for Dagannoths (according to RuneHQ calculator.) That's an extra 4 p pots, making it an extra 30k or so for costs, on top of the other costs for Range prayer.

You can gain 50k (if you include crimsons + other charms.) Summoning xp/hour at Waterfiends, so you need exactly 15 minutes (strangely.) to make up for the Summoning xp lost.

120k (remember, costs of other p pots) vs 15 minutes.

That's 480k per hour.

If you're going to say don't Piety, it doesn't matter. It might lower the costs by a little, but it would also lower the kills alot. Also, it's going to make it a slightly less more (well, less for average people) efficient.

If you make (around) 480k/hour, go to the Lighthouse. Anybody can make double that, if they GWD.

inuyashakent-2.png

Oops, I messed up.

It's not 120 vs 15 minutes, but 120k and 1 hour vs 4k c balls. ( I forgot to multiply the time, I just multiplied the cost...)

So it's 120k 1 hour vs 800k

So it's 620k/hour with the Cannonballs.

inuyashakent-2.png

Oops, I messed up.

It's not 120 vs 15 minutes, but 120k and 1 hour vs 4k c balls. ( I forgot to multiply the time, I just multiplied the cost...)

So it's 120k 1 hour vs 800k

So it's 620k/hour with the Cannonballs.

It's more than 120k/hour profit there, as one task is already 120k profit. ~Two tasks an hour, so 240k profit/hour.

It takes 1 hour longer, but you save 240+800k, 1040k/hour.

No idea how you got from 120k 1 hour vs 800k to 620k/hour, lol

2dvjurb.png

Wait... I just noticed something.

So it's 1040k/hour. I think we overcomplicated it, and we lost some factors. I'm thinking up of all the flaws as I go, so mine may be flawd as well...

51340 sum xp 80k slay xp, 38673 sum xp and 36k slay xp per hour.

I just noticed what we did wrong. We calculated the sum xp, but we keep removing the slay xp. ALWAYS. So, let's make the slayer xp match the slay xp.

It's 1:2.222

So, it becomes 51340 sum xp and 80k slay xp -800k and 1 hour vs 85939 sum xp and 80k slay xp and 2 hours and 13 minutes +532.8k (.22 hours)

Since you can gain ~50k sum xp/hour at Wfiends, it'll take 41 minutes to make up the sum xp.

So it's 1.3m vs 1 hour and 32 minutes. (92 mins)

So if you value your time over 847k/hour, go here.

I don't know how more accurate it could possibly be.

We took in the prices of ALL costs, sum, slay xp...

inuyashakent-2.png

Wait... I just noticed something.

So it's 1040k/hour. I think we overcomplicated it, and we lost some factors. I'm thinking up of all the flaws as I go, so mine may be flawd as well...

51340 sum xp 80k slay xp, 38673 sum xp and 36k slay xp per hour.

I just noticed what we did wrong. We calculated the sum xp, but we keep removing the slay xp. ALWAYS. So, let's make the slayer xp match the slay xp.

It's 1:2.222

So, it becomes 51340 sum xp and 80k slay xp -800k and 1 hour vs 85939 sum xp and 80k slay xp and 2 hours and 13 minutes +532.8k (.22 hours)

Since you can gain ~50k sum xp/hour at Wfiends, it'll take 41 minutes to make up the sum xp.

So it's 1.3m vs 1 hour and 32 minutes. (92 mins)

So if you value your time over 847k/hour, go here.

I don't know how more accurate it could possibly be.

We took in the prices of ALL costs, sum, slay xp...

This is it. Good job :)

Basically, anyone who goes Gwd to make money or has 91 rc should go lighthouse. If you win at merching and have loads and loads of money it's also the better option.

Everyone else, go Ct.

2dvjurb.png

I fall under "everyone else", so I'll stick to CT :D

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

I attempted the Waterbirth tunnel Daggs once and had similar drops. Nice hides and the occasional farseer, archer, beserker helm.

Your spot is better becasue of the concentration of them and the ability to use a combat familiar.

Obviously for speed slaying a cannon in the lighthouse is ideal but at a cost. Others have seemed to stop going to DKs for their tasks as the profits have died down there/other alternatives for monster hunting.

I appreciate this guide and see the ease of use, especially for those on a budget.

You pointed out a great spot for Dagannoths. Who said you can't teach an old slayer new tricks?

Slay On,

Axe Man Jack

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

I attempted the Waterbirth tunnel Daggs once and had similar drops. Nice hides and the occasional farseer, archer, beserker helm.

Your spot is better becasue of the concentration of them and the ability to use a combat familiar.

Obviously for speed slaying a cannon in the lighthouse is ideal but at a cost. Others have seemed to stop going to DKs for their tasks as the profits have died down there/other alternatives for monster hunting.

I appreciate this guide and see the ease of use, especially for those on a budget.

You pointed out a great spot for Dagannoths. Who said you can't teach an old slayer new tricks?

Slay On,

Axe Man Jack

~Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

Equipment is not such a big deal as your praying anyway, so any pray-boosting or strength boosting item will work ;)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

• 3 months later...

Though I'm not slaying at the moment, I do the odd task here and there, and recently I went to CT dags for a task. I liked it a lot, though I don't remember bringing a combat familiar, so... fail on my part. #-o I noticed that, even though they're ranging, they tend to crowd around you. Would anyone like to try using d2h specs there?

Nice guide. =D>

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I read this guide then tried them out and they are very nice for crimson charms as well as a moderate profit (with my stats).

Would anyone like to try using d2h specs there?

Yes I have. You do get some very nice hits best I've got (noting I wasn't on a slayer task) was 2 26's and a few 10's in one spec.

You have to turn auto retaliate off though since you can end up using the spec on 2 or 3 and not the mass.

If you run around the centre and back to the north then you can get then all to team you in about 4 or 5 squares (ideal for the spec).

Anyone tried ice barrage/burst there?

O if you want to kill them quicker smoke devil plus about 200 scrolls for your helm does some serious damage quickly.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Though I'm not slaying at the moment, I do the odd task here and there, and recently I went to CT dags for a task. I liked it a lot, though I don't remember bringing a combat familiar, so... fail on my part. #-o I noticed that, even though they're ranging, they tend to crowd around you. Would anyone like to try using d2h specs there?

Nice guide. =D>

I might try that when I get them, thank for the tip.

this thread was very intrigueing(sp?), it does seem that CT dagganoths are better than the lighthouse ones unless you are in a race for 99 slayer. but i have one question, is it possible to use chinchompas in the CT with any efficiency? i haven't been there nor have i used chinchompas, but if they don't have incredible range def then it may be possible to effectively chin there.

i'd like anyone's input on this as i don't have time today to try it out. i might go there tomorrow though if i have time

theblastmage.pngtheblastmage.png

theblastmage.png

theblastmage.png