2008 NFL Season

wild_goat_14

I just now realized that there isn't a topic on this yet. I found it quite odd, and decided to make one.

Now that Week 1 is pretty much done, I'm shocked about a few things, as I pay no attention to the pre-season.

First of all, being from Tennessee, I must talk about the Titans. Vince Young still sucks, and with every passing week I will probably say something on here about how they should have drafted Jay Cutler from Vandy. *sigh* Anyways, the shocking part to me is our new amazingly fast running back. He is a rookie, and he(C. Johnson) rushed for 92 yards in his first ever NFL game, against the Jaguars defense. I have a good feeling about this guy. Also, our front 7 are even better than last year! Garrard got sacked 6 times, and Jones-Drew/Taylor were basicly unaffective, so the Titans got a crucial division win.

I didn't see much else, except Farve throwing 2 touchdowns, the Panthers beating the Chargers as time expired, and Brady getting hurt.

So discuss away, I'd like to hear how everyone else did(beyond highlights).

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my picks for the year.

NFC NORTH:Vikings

NFC EAST: Philly/Dallas undecided we will see next week

NFC SOUTH: Falcons (worst to first division past 5 years)

NFC WEST: Cards

wildcards: philly/dallas, carolina

AFC NORTH: Pittsburgh

AFC EAST: Bills

AFC SOUTH:Colts

AFC WEST:Broncos

wildcards: chargers, jets

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

I'll do one too. I'm not sure yet, lol.

NFC NORTH: Vikings

NFC EAST: Cowboys/Eagles/Giants

NFC SOUTH: Panthers

NFC WEST: Cardinals

wildcards: Cowboys/Eagles/Giants

AFC NORTH: Steelers

AFC EAST: Patriots/Bills/Jets

AFC SOUTH: Colts/Jaguars/Titans(one of the three)

AFC WEST: Broncos/Chargers

wildcards: Colts/Jaguars/Titans/Chargers/Bills/Jets

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

nfc east always dominates the nfc. probably the hardest division to play in. not saying the best team is in that division. just that 3 of the 4 teams in the nfc east usually make the playoffs.good old fashioned smash mouth division

oh and off topic. why are cowboys fans so cocky all the time. lets look at the facts. havent won a playoff game since 1996, and only won 1 divison titles since 1998. hmmmm until they prove themselves when it counts they will always be overrated

nfc east always dominates the nfc. probably the hardest division to play in. not saying the best team is in that division. just that 3 of the 4 teams in the nfc east usually make the playoffs.good old fashioned smash mouth division

AFC South is pretty close in roughness. Last year they had 3 of the 4 in the playoffs, and the AFC is much harder than the NFC.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

NFC NORTH: Packers

NFC EAST: Cowboys

NFC SOUTH: New Orleans

NFC WEST: Seahawks

wildcards: Eagles, Vikings

AFC EAST: Patriots

AFC SOUTH: Colts

AFC WEST: Chargers

wildcards: Jets, Jags

Playoffs:

NFC Championship Game:

Green Bay @ Dallas. Dallas 27-17

AFC Championship Game:

Chargers @ Colts. Chargers 31-27

Super Bowl:

Chargers @ Dallas. Chargers 24-10

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

I like your predictions, except you're forgetting the mysterious deaths of every Chargers player, and they have to settle for robots. And during half time, the robots decide they're thirsty, but the gatorade short-circuits them.

Green Bay and Dallas are my best bets for the playoffs too, though. That would be a great game.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

AFC South is pretty close in roughness. Last year they had 3 of the 4 in the playoffs, and the AFC is much harder than the NFC.

still nowhere as near as rough as the nfc east. throw those teams in the nfc east and only the colts would survive i think

edited, and titans too i think. good defence and run game is what it takes in the nfc east

My Steelers could be great this season. Should win AFC North, but they got the toughest schedule in the NFL, and they started off against a moderately weak opponent at home, so it'll be interesting to see how they fair...

sig3bh7.png

Meh, the AFC will be a scramble for first place.

Cowboys have the NFC if they don't screw it up like usual in the playoffs.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I was happy with what I saw from my beloved Cowboys. But I got absolutely screwed in fantasy leagues, Brady out, Jones-Drew and LT my RB tandem did nothing, Isaac Bruce had NO catches, Roy Williams did alright for the Lions.. but I lost :(

But for my picks.

NFC NORTH: Vikings

NFC EAST: Cowboys

NFC SOUTH: Saints

NFC WEST: Cardinals

wildcards: Eagles

AFC EAST:Bills/Jets

AFC SOUTH:Jaguars/Titans

AFC WEST:Chargers

wildcards: Colts/Jaguars/Titans/Bills/Jets Wild card is too up for grabs.

the day matt cassel and the pats win a superbowl let alone make the playoffs is the day i stop watching football

You do understand that the Pats are still a GREAT team without Brady, right?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

the day matt cassel and the pats win a superbowl let alone make the playoffs is the day i stop watching football

You do understand that the Pats are still a GREAT team without Brady, right?

look what happened in the preseason without brady